PDA

View Full Version : Just a whining thread...

GoldenRetrLuver
11-04-2003, 05:21 PM
This is just a whining/worried thread...
I have scoliosis, which is a curviture of the spine. I went to the doctors for a check up on it, and it had not gotten any worse. (Yay!! :D) But, my mom is thinking of bringing me back again, since it's been a while since I have last gone. I HATE going to the doctors...something about it just creeps me out. :(
If I do end up going, please hope that everything is still the same. :) Even thought I just have a very minor case of it, I'm still worried.

Thanks. :)

popcornbird
11-04-2003, 05:23 PM
I feel your pain. I HATE going to the doctor..........absolutely HATE it! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers! Good luck!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-04-2003, 05:50 PM
My sister has scoliosis and I think my nephew might too. You'll be fine, don't worry!!

zanzanfergie
11-04-2003, 06:22 PM
Don't worry, you're in good company. :) Sarah Michelle Gellar used to have scoliosis too. You'll be in my thoughts. Good luck.

Amber
11-04-2003, 06:40 PM
uhh, I *kinda* have that same thing but its a little different..and i HATE going to the doctors..when I go there i get all pale and sick to my stomach..and nervous!

Samantha Puppy
11-04-2003, 06:52 PM
If your case is only minor, you have nothing to worry about. Have you ever seen those with really nasty cases of it? They can barely even function normally. So you'll be fine. I understand how you feel about going to the doctor's - I hate it too - but look at the bright side - you have minor scoliosis. I bet tons of people wish they "only" had that. Myself included. I have a tumor in the base of my spine that makes my right leg numb (24/7). It also causes shooting pain (very sharp, very painful) down the length of the same leg. It sucks. And I can't have surgery or I have a 99.9% chance of having both a permanent catheter and a colostomy bag. Sooo... count me in as one of those people that wish they "only" had minor scoliosis. I'm not saying it's nothing, but it's a lot better than the wrap that some others get...

Good luck and smile. It could always be worse.

KYS
11-04-2003, 07:23 PM
My niece had scoliosis, and she had to wear
a brace at home for short awhile.
She is perfectly fine now.
I also had an Aunt that had it.
As a teenager she refused to wear her brace and
her scoliosis got very bad.

So if your mother wants you do have check ups,
please do, and try not to be scared.

Samantha, I am sorry to hear about your tumor,
it's sounds very painful. :(
As Samantha Puppy stated,
Good luck and smile. It could always be worse.

Tonya
11-04-2003, 07:46 PM
I have scoliosis too. Be sure to keep your eye on it! I know the doctors are a hassle, but trust me, it'll be worth it in the long run. I'm shrinking! I was 5'10 almost 5'11 in highschool. I'm only 25 and now I'm barely 5'9 3/4.

GoldenRetrLuver
11-04-2003, 07:46 PM
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that Samantha Puppy. :( It sounds very painful. I know I should be greatful that it isn't any worse, and I am. I just hate talking about it...some people I know ask, "How's your scoliosis doing?" I just wish they would leave it be...
And yes, I have seen major cases of scoliosis. They look HORRIBLE. I hope mine does not get to that point. If it gets to the point of that, the next options would be the back brace, or surgery.

Thanks for the thoughts guys, if we end up going I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Tonya
11-04-2003, 07:47 PM
p.s. Be thankful that you (we!) don't have the severe form of scoliosis. They go through as much as having to wear a body cast. Lots of people live a normal life with the mild form that we have.

GoldenRetrLuver
11-04-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
I have scoliosis too. Be sure to keep your eye on it! I know the doctors are a hassle, but trust me, it'll be worth it in the long run. I'm shrinking! I was 5'10 almost 5'11 in highschool. I'm only 25 and now I'm barely 5'9 3/4.

I thought this was a rare thing! I'm the only person my family knows, that has it. I've had scoliosis for about 3 years (how long I've know I've had it) and it hasn't gotten any worse! I hope that continues.