PDA

View Full Version : I stepped on Hanna's tail :-(

boscibo
11-04-2003, 04:02 PM
Poor Hanna. I was making hot chocolate last night (lo-carb, for those of you on the diet board - unsweetened cocoa, Splenda, hot water, a little cream) and she was right underfoot. All of a sudden I hear her yelp - I was on her tail! I made sure she was alright, but I feel so guilty. Then when I was getting into bed, it was dark and I thought she was at the end of the bed, but she had already come around the head of the bed and on my pillows (she always walks around my head and then goes under the covers) I smacked my head into her. She was still pretty snuggly today, so I think she forgives me, but I feel so bad for hurting my baby. :(

K & L
11-04-2003, 04:09 PM
I fell flat on my face in the kitchen the other day because Bo ran across my feet and I tried to avoid stepping on her. Luckily neither one of us was hurt!:eek:

RedHedd
11-04-2003, 04:33 PM
Oh gosh, I stumble over my two sometimes, although I am getting better about it. My RB Goldie had a lot of white in her tail and I'd always ask her to "turn on her tail light" in the dark which she would do for me, proudly waving her fluffy gold and white tail so I could see her in the dark. Mishi and Mitzi don't have enough white on them to show up in the dark. I've learned to turn on a light before I go down my hallway where one or both are usually sprawled right in my path, perfectly aligned to trip me or get accidently kicked.

Now the kitchen is another story - Mitzi loves to hover just underfoot, probably hoping I'll drop something tasty for her to gobble up. I try to be very careful not to step on my little girl, but it happens. No one's been badly hurt, just a few bumps. I feel bad, snuggle them and give them extra treats. They usually forgive me.

catcrazylady
11-04-2003, 05:17 PM
I just found out that my husband and I have been doing the same thing when we get up in the dark. Right outside of our bedroom door is a spot of shadowy light that shines through the window. Come to find out...both of us have been high stepping over the moon light thinking it was a cat!!!! We've been doing this for months and he finally realized what it was and told me what he has been doing. I cracked up because neither one of us knew that the other had been doing it too!
These crazy cats get in some of the strangest places so you just never know!
I'm sure that your baby has forgiven you and if your anything like me you probably loved on her so much after hurting her that she forgot all about it!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

lizbud
11-04-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
I just found out that my husband and I have been doing the same thing when we get up in the dark. Right outside of our bedroom door is a spot of shadowy light that shines through the window. Come to find out...both of us have been high stepping over the moon light thinking it was a cat!!!! We've been doing this for months and he finally realized what it was and told me what he has been doing. I cracked up because neither one of us knew that the other had been doing it too!
http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

That is sooo funny.:D I have accidently stept on a tail or two
also.:( I think it hurt me as much as it did them. I made profuse
apologies & let them know how sorry I was. It also calmed the
other kitties who heard the commotion.:D

CatDad
11-04-2003, 07:31 PM
If Hanna was snuggling with you, then all is forgiven.:D Head scratches to her.

Since other people are sharing, I thought I would to. I hope you don't mind.

This was when she was with us for about 4 months and she had just started to sleelp on my robe by the bed. Anyway, I got up and I am not the most coherent of people when I get up. So I went for my robe like any other morning and I Joey was there. She went head over heals about 4 or 5 times and traveled about 4 feet. She landed on her feet, thank God, and went scampering off. I never realized I picked my robe up with such force.:o I felt so bad, and she was new enough that I could not really go and cuddle with her, she was freaked out enough.:(

Well it all turned out OK and I now set out my robe at night in a little nest so she has a place to sleep, and after I crawl into bed she will usually come up and say hi and lay down. I also learned my lesson, I always do a Joey check before I grab my robe.:rolleyes:

I really love the story about the about stepping over the shadows.:D

Amber
11-04-2003, 08:45 PM
Aww, I have stepped on Maggie's tail before on accident.

Vio&Juni
11-05-2003, 03:45 AM
I have stepped on Juni's tail many times (not on purpose :p) and Pichu's too - they're always in the way. Juni yelps bloody murder and scares the heart out of me, Pichu couldn't care less, I guess, because his tail is so fluffy :) But I kiss them both and they forgive me :)

Uabassoon
11-05-2003, 04:16 AM
I always end up accidentally stepping on kitty tails :(. When they are lying down I always try to step over them to aviod stepping on them, yet it seems that they always end up moving right under my foot. Maybe if I try to step on them, then I will totally miss them when they move away? But for some reason I don't think that will work, so I just have to keep hoping that they stay still when I am trying to step over them instead of rolling underneath my foot.

lynnestankard
11-05-2003, 04:25 AM
I have a theory!! They do it on purpose to get more cuddles and kisses :D :D

Lynne

cubby31682
11-05-2003, 08:49 AM
I have never stepped on Cubby's tail, but there was one time hubby and I were in the kitchen talking. He stepped into the dinning room with out looking, he stayed in his spot for about 10 to 15 seconds, all the sudden you hear Cubby screaming. I ran over to him he was shaking his paw. I checked his paw a little nothing felt broke or anything. So a few hours later his paw was huge it was 3 to 5 times the size of his other one. I called the emergency vet service and asked them if I should take him to them or wait for my vet in the morning. They told me to wait until morning. The next morning I got up and his paw was perfect again. Ever since then he has learned to not be underfoot. Although sometimes he just can't help it. Food is a huge factor in his life if it involves food he will be there. When I am in the kitchen cooking he stands in the corner or about a foot away from me. He knows that while I cook he doesn't get any treats unless they fall off the counter and before I can get them back he eats them.

I'm sure Hanna is fine.

Katie

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-05-2003, 08:55 AM
I am sure Hanna is fine, and it sounds like she has forgiven you! Ally had learned to keep out from under our feet, but Connor is new to this while "living inside with a family" thing, and turns every walk into an obstacle course at the moment. He so desparately wants to be in the middle of everything, so he is always underfoot!

stacwase
11-05-2003, 09:45 AM
You can kind of see Toby's tail (or what he has left of it) in this picture. He has about 1/3 of a tail, and what is left is bent at a 90 degree angle. He was like that when we got him from the pound and we don't know what happened to it. Darn things - always getting in the way!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p3073301ab18761bc2de84b5700d217f4/faa4919c.jpg

Kona & Oreo's mom
11-05-2003, 09:52 AM
After years of stepping on/tripping over Kona at night, she has finally learned that humans can't see in the dark like she can. So now she gives me a little "ma" warning if I get too close to her. (However, she doesn't actually move out of the way.)

moosmom
11-05-2003, 12:47 PM
Maya Linn is ALWAYS under my feet! I stopped counting how many times I've either tripped over her or stepped on her tail.