PDA

View Full Version : I never thought...

RICHARD
11-04-2003, 02:00 PM
that Edward and my mom would get so cozy.

My mom was never a cat fan.

Since I brought the Edster home things have been changing...
On sunday I went to visit mom before i went to the store. I left Eddie with her.

When I got home she met me at the door, very excited!!

Ed had climbed into her lap and napped.

I went home and left him sleeping in front of the fireplace...Later on I came back for dinner we finished eating and went to watch some TV. Mom was lounging on the sofa with her fleece blanket..

Soon he was asleep on the couch near her feet!!!

Now she's threatening me with keeping him or getting her own cat.... :D

Cats! You HAVE to love them.

jenluckenbach
11-04-2003, 02:27 PM
RICHARD, I have some real good adoptable kitties over here. Want 'em? ;) :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-04-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
RICHARD, I have some real good adoptable kitties over here. Want 'em? ;) :D

Go on Richard - you KNOW you WANT to!!!!!

How sweet that your mum was excited about Eddie lying on her lap. Cats do have amazing powers of attraction, don't they?

slick
11-04-2003, 02:57 PM
So all those times he tried to escape, you thought he was up to no good, when he really just wanted to visit his GrandMom.:D :D Sounds like GrandMom just needed a footwarmer again. Well, as Jen says, with all the foster Mommies here, there is certainly no shortage of kitties looking for homes.

And wasn't it just a little while ago you posted something about puppy tummies??? Any pictures to show off yet?? It's about time you used up that roll of film.

RICHARD
11-04-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by slick
So all those times he tried to escape, you thought he was up to no good, when he really just wanted to visit his GrandMom.:D :D Sounds like GrandMom just needed a footwarmer again. Well, as Jen says, with all the foster Mommies here, there is certainly no shortage of kitties looking for homes.

And wasn't it just a little while ago you posted something about puppy tummies??? Any pictures to show off yet?? It's about time you used up that roll of film.

Yes especially now that the fireplace is going....

Puppy tummies......coming up.....almostdone with the roll!!!

NoahsMommy
11-04-2003, 03:40 PM
Would your mom like one of my kittens? We're not sure we're keeping them... :(

Anyway...I was a person who didn't like cats...look at me now!! :eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-04-2003, 04:53 PM
I knew it would happen Richard. Happens to the best cat non-lovers when they are exposed to cats on a regular basis. I dare say you will soon be in need of an extra kitty....or 2 or 3. ;) :D

catcrazylady
11-04-2003, 05:26 PM
How do cats do that to people????http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif
My husband would be your mom a few years ago! Now he is a proud father of nine!!!! ( he doesn't like to admit that but its true)
:D :D :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

shais_mom
11-05-2003, 12:11 AM
Yea Kelly I was thinking of you!!!
NUDGE nudge HINT hint Richard!!!
I know you aren't supposed to give pets as gifts but a casual drop by the shelter or to Kelly's wouldn't hurt anything now would it?!!!???

Barbara
11-05-2003, 04:03 AM
That's what happens: when they understand that the probability for skin-grandchildren is decreasing they accept the furry ones:D

lynnestankard
11-05-2003, 04:18 AM
Crafty Eddie - he knew he'd get adored over at GrandMom's house!! I'm so pleased she was thrilled that he'd sat on her knee:)

Go Eddie Go :D

Lynne

Vio&Juni
11-05-2003, 05:25 AM
Isn't it sweet! I hope she gets her own cat(s) :p

sqwelch
11-05-2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
Go on Richard - you KNOW you WANT to!!!!!

How sweet that your mum was excited about Eddie lying on her lap. Cats do have amazing powers of attraction, don't they?

They have amazing powers, my Dad has never liked cats and no way would I of ever been allowed a cat when I stayed at home. I adopted 2 when I got my own place and slowly but surely my Dad came round and would fuss over Jock. Since Jock passed away when I talk to Dad on the phone he always asks how Bonnie is and is very concerned she may be lonely. I don't think my Dad would ever get one of his own but he certainly loves fussing over BonBons these days !!!

amoore
11-05-2003, 09:50 AM
Like i always say cats are magic creatures ! They can appear in your lapp without you even noticing ! They do the same thing with our hearts .
Richard ,you have got to get your Mom a cat !:)

moosmom
11-05-2003, 12:44 PM
BELIEVE IT OR NOT.....I was once a cat hater myself *hangs head in shame* I didn't really HATE them, I was just never FOND of them. Then one weekend my daughter Amy and I went to the Bill Wilson House in East Dorset, Vermont. 6 weeks prior, their barn cat, Miss Kitty, gave birth to 4 kittens. There were twin torties (same exact markings only on the opposite sid of their faces), a tiger and a grey and white. My daughter nagged me all weekend to take a kitten home. I was GOING to adopt both torties, but decided against it, as I wasn't sure how it would work out. I have regretted that decision. I took one of the torties home (she HATED being in a box so we let her out in the car and she slept the whole 3 hours home on the back seat). I named her Mollie Rose.

My "Divine Miss M", Mollie Rose is now 9 years old and the light of my life. I love her and all my other furbabies (a total of 9!! :eek: ) with all my heart and soul. I have since that day become absolutely WILD AND CRAZY ABOUT CATS!!!! There have been alot of people that have come and gone in my lifetime. But my cats have always been by my side through thick and thin, loving me unconditionally. For that I am forever greatful!!

stacwase
11-05-2003, 12:55 PM
Heck - I wasn't a cat lover until we got Kate! I mean - I liked Toby OK. I wouldn't have wanted anything to happen to him or anything. But I didn't think I could ever share a close bond with a cat. Then Kate came along a few short weeks ago and the rest is history!

Your mom needs a kitty Richard - but not just ANY kitty! Since she's new to the cat scene she should have a kitty whom she knows for certain she'll bond with! ;)

RICHARD
11-05-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by stacwase

Your mom needs a kitty Richard - but not just ANY kitty! Since she's new to the cat scene she should have a kitty whom she knows for certain she'll bond with! ;)

do you all think I'm crazy???

guess who would be cleaning out the litter box for her??;)

I am getting payed back for being a brat when I was small....

amoore
11-06-2003, 07:59 AM
Your Mom needs a cute little kitten ,that will play with her and make her laugh ,and will also snuggle in her lapp . Richard you will get to go see your mom everyday ,by cleaning the litterbox for her ! :)

catmandu
11-06-2003, 12:47 PM
Its kind of far , but I have a little Gray and white , that I call elizabeth1 But Jens Chevy , Annie and Timmy ae probably closer!

RICHARD
11-06-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by amoore
Richard you will get to go see your mom everyday ,by cleaning the litterbox for her ! :)

lol....

I already have that pleasure.....I live next door!!!

I spoke to her about getting her a little one.....I have a plan....

What I am going to do is leave Eddie with her for a day or two so she can get used to having him in the house!!!!

wish me luck!!

Rottieluver45
11-06-2003, 09:04 PM
That`s a good idea!! You`re gonna miss him though!! You can buy yourself a teddy bear to cuddle w/ at night!! :D

Good luck!