PDA

View Full Version : Is your cats name really "kitty" LOL

lv4dogs
11-03-2003, 01:13 PM
When calling your cat, "kitty-kitty" is so common it is hard not to call your cat that way. Not sure if I went overboard by using it so much but I do try to call my cat by her real name. But she never listens to her name, Meko. Although if you say kitty-kitty she is right there in 2 second flat! I'm thinking of just changing her name to kitty-kitty LOL LOL!
Is there anyone else here that "should" re-name their cat Kitty?

jenluckenbach
11-03-2003, 01:52 PM
I actually don't use that turm very much for my own cats. NOW, other cats, I might be tempted to say that. So, NO, I do not need to rename my cats. ;) :D

Former User
11-03-2003, 02:07 PM
We have a kitty who's real name is Kitty :D We never use that as 'here kitty kitty...' we have all kinds of nicknames for that :D So, no renaming here either.

lv4dogs
11-03-2003, 02:17 PM
I just realized that the kitty-kitty thing would not work when you have a bunch of cats otherwise they would all have the same name. LOL
If I had more than one cat than I would probably never ever use the kitty kitty thing.

Kirsten
11-03-2003, 04:03 PM
We don't use that term here, but I guess the equivalent in German is that stupid "komm, Miez, Miez, Miez..." I never say that, neither to my own cats nor to others. But I found out my cats strongly react to the word "kitty", as in "kitty light" (you know, these cat toys). Luna loves it when I say that, probably because she's hoping for a kitty light session! :)

Kirsten

FurMomx6
11-03-2003, 06:32 PM
I call KC that at times. When we first got her, we just called her Kitty or Kitty Cat. Her name, KC, actually stands for Kitty Cat. Since we called her that all the time my mom came up with the idea of naming her KC.

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-04-2003, 02:12 AM
My friends in Saudi have a cat called Kitty - they called it that when they first brought it home, and never got around to renaming it!

Ally ignores me unless she WANTS to obey, no matter which name I call her:rolleyes: