PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

KYS
11-03-2003, 12:56 PM
This came up at work, and I was curious how
other's would answer.

If you found a zippered cloth bag full of money,
equalling 1 million dollars what would you do.

aly
11-03-2003, 01:01 PM
I voted that I would turn all the money into the police. Although I would be tempted to keep it and/or give it to charity, there is no way I would be able to stand the guilt of knowing that I took money that wasn't mine.

Samantha Puppy
11-03-2003, 01:03 PM
I would turn it all over to the police, hoping that they (or the owner's) would give me a little something for having had the decency to do that. However, if they didn't and I found another bag of money some other time, it'd be mine... ALL MINE!!! *maniacal laugh*

Cookiebaker
11-03-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by aly
I voted that I would turn all the money into the police. Although I would be tempted to keep it and/or give it to charity, there is no way I would be able to stand the guilt of knowing that I took money that wasn't mine.

It'd be hard to do, but I think it's what would be the right thing to do.

RubyMutt
11-03-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
I would turn it all over to the police, hoping that they (or the owner's) would give me a little something for having had the decency to do that. However, if they didn't and I found another bag of money some other time, it'd be mine... ALL MINE!!! *maniacal laugh*

ditto ;)

wolfsoul
11-03-2003, 03:30 PM
Oops I clicked the wrong one lol.

I would probably give it to the police... but the charity one is tempting too lol.

KYS
11-03-2003, 03:53 PM
I am impressed!

At work:

One person said she would keep it.

One person said she would give
most of the money to the Catholic Church,
and keep the rest for herself.

One person said he would return the money, because
he would not want to live in fear.
(He said chances are, if you find a bag full of money,
it probably is drug money and the owners would be
looking for it)

I must admit it is a little tempting, but I would return all the money and hope I get a big reward. :)

G.P.girl
11-03-2003, 05:06 PM
i would want to keep it but in the end i would end up giving it back. plus maybe i would get a reward:D :D

Rio and Me
11-04-2003, 06:30 AM
Thats a hard question for someone who has no money,lol
I would be tempted to keep a couple of hundred for myself and give the rest in, but i would hope so bad that i got a reward!!!
dont know about of there but over here if you hand somthing in to the police and and if month later none has claimed it it is yours!!!! i did that once with a brand new english lether saddle and we got to keep it!!!
Rio and Ky

Tonya
11-04-2003, 06:51 AM
I strongly believe what goes around comes around in life. I wouldn't keep it for myself. I am not all that sure that'd I give it to the cops either though. I think I'd anonymously donate it to a charity. -A charity to buy clothing and other luxuries for poor children.

Heather Wallace
11-04-2003, 07:19 AM
I have voted for keeping the money and giving some to charity, however if I was in this situation who knows what I would actually do.

I would proboaly be to scared to keep it.

stacwase
11-04-2003, 07:21 AM
I would give 950,000 to charity and keep 50,000 for myself! Just a tiny little 50,000 to pay off some bills and get ahead a little! I'd give some to help children, and even more to help the elderly (because nobody ever helps them) and some to help animals. Like 25% for children, 50% for elderly, 25% for animals.

binka_nugget
11-04-2003, 09:49 AM
I'd turn it over to the police. If no one claimed it..would that mean it would be mine? :D If I happened to get a reward or maybe no one claimed it...I'd keep enough to get my mom out of debt, get another dog, pay for university, pay off a car, spoil the brats...etc etc

Uabassoon
11-04-2003, 11:54 AM
I would return it then hope that no one claimed it. I think if no one claims it after 30 days it's yours, so I would just hope for that :)

popcornbird
11-04-2003, 11:56 AM
Definitely return it to the police. I could never be so dishonest as to keep it! :p

ramanth
11-04-2003, 12:53 PM
I'd turn it into the police.... but if I heard on the news about how some miraculous donation came to the police station and they all gave themselves raises... I'd be a tad miffed. ;)

But seriously, if the money was stolen, I wouldn't want to be the one holding the bag, in a matter of speaking.

On the other hand.... has anyone ever found money on the ground and kept it? (larger than loose change)

I have. I was walking Kia once and there was a $20 on the ground. There was no-one in sight and all the local buisnesses were closed, so I kept it. I ended up taking Kia to the Pet Store and buying her and the kitties some nice treats and toys. :)

I did feel guilty, but felt better that I spent the money on the kids and not me. :)

luckies4me
11-04-2003, 02:02 PM
If there was a large sum of money most likely it was from drug deal and the people don't deserve to have it back if they are doing something illegal to get it! I would keep some and return the rest. The part I keep would be to pay off bills, buy a house and start my giant rescue for homeless people and their pets/exotic animals. My opinion is, taking a few thousand isn't going to put too big a hole in their pocket, and what the heck are they doing carrying around that much money in the first place. It was their stupidity that caused them to lose it, so their loss.

NOW...........if it were smaller I would deffenately give it back. But a million dollars, that's just too much money that doesn't seem right to go back to them............unless they could prove it was theirs. I am sure the owner (if it weren't drug related) would be on the news saying they lost it and the city would know, then I would know I was giving it back to someone who it rightfully belongs to. In my opinion a drug dealer can kiss my a$$. If no one said anything that well it's mine. I know if it were me and I lost that much money I would damn well let the whole town know! I just wouldn't feel comfortable given it to someone who did wrong to get it. JMO.

When it comes to petty little things like a dollar bill I keep it. I am not going to go to every store in the city to see who lost a one dollar bill...........seems a little silly to me. If I lost a dollar I would want the person to keep it. Even if I lost ten bucks, just keep it. Anything 20 dollars or more, but not too drastic I would try to find who it belonged to, like checking the nearest stores or putting an ad in the paper.

So in other words, yes I would give it back if I knew for sure it wasn't going to someone who sold drugs or did something illegal to get it, and then hope they gave me some money! But if it were drug money I would keep some and give the rest away to the cops or whatever.

Dakota's Mommy
11-04-2003, 02:27 PM
Just as some other people on here, I would turn the money into the police, yet secretly hope that in doing so I'd get a reward. I just couldn't keep somebody else's money knowing that if it as mine, I'd be praying somebody would be nice enough to return it! So, I think I'd do the right thing!

lovemyshiba
11-04-2003, 02:31 PM
I would turn it in--I do believe in karma.

Once I found a 50 dollar bill in the parking lot of where my husband lived. I saw it on the ground, stopped the car (yes, I was broke at the time), and picked it up. There was no one outside anywhere, and after I sat there for a good 10 minutes, no one came around, so I kept it. There was absolutely no way I could find out whose it was--it was an apartment complex of college kids--I'm sure the first door I knocked on would have claimed it!!!!

luckies4me
11-04-2003, 03:27 PM
Well the thing is, don't you think if you lost a million dollars you would alert the newspaper or news or something? How do I know how the person got the money? But I guess the cops would do best with it, and not use it for drug money and they drug users wouldn't get it back anyways............hrmm, so I guess I would give it to the cops afterall. Hopefully no one would claim it though. :p

I don't think "Doing the right thing" would be to give it back to drug users though.......

bluekat
11-04-2003, 04:23 PM
I honestly do not know. If I found a bag of money(1 millinon $:eek: :eek: ) on the street, I don't know what I'd do. I know its impossible to find a million dollars, but I don't know. I'd be scared to keep it too, because we don't know why its there. I'd probably tell the police, and if no one claims it I'd keep it:D and of course, I'd give some to charity.