PDA

View Full Version : Job hunting

slleipnir
11-02-2003, 09:43 PM
My dad showed me something in the paper about job stuff. There was an article of a lady who is opening a kennel up. It gives an address with where to mail her your resume if you want to apply for a job. I was thinking of going out and talking to her in person instead of mailing it to her..Do you think that would be weird, like going to her house or kennel (where ever it is) to tell her I want a job when it says to mail it? I just -really- want this job. You have no idea! Well, you probably do lol. I just don't have fancy past jobs in my resume, I've only have 1 real job, and a bunch of little ones like mowing lawns etc. I've vollenteered at the HS, at the barn I use to ride at, and I picked the vet clinic to do my co-op at school. which is why I thought it might be better to talk with her because a resume doesn't show my personality and she will most likely pass me off for someone with something better. I think a kennel would be the perfect job for me! I loved it at the HS and assume it would something simalar to that. So do you think it would be weird just showing up at her house/kennel?? And do you think she'd be looking for someone with experience with like training dogs more so to some random shmuck? -wants this job very badly-

Karen
11-02-2003, 09:48 PM
Call her and ask if she would mind if you dropped by with your resume, let her suggest a time if she says yes.

"That would be okay, good, what time/day should I come by?"

She may appreciate your taking the initiate. She may not. Line up people to use for references. Include a dog biscuit in the envelope with your resume ...

slleipnir
11-02-2003, 09:54 PM
Thanks Karen! Your right, it would be best to call first. And I like the dog treat idea ^_^

Nomilynn
11-02-2003, 09:56 PM
It may also work if you mail the resume, but then call her after a couple days to see if she got it. That shows that you follow instructions, as well as have a real desire for the job. :)

CamCamPup33
11-03-2003, 08:38 AM
I agree with karen! good luck hb! :D