PDA

View Full Version : question regarding vengeful behavior

Sirrahsim
11-02-2003, 09:12 PM
My kitty Boomer is a sweet and loving kitty... to me. Lately however, he has decided that my husband is some sort of evil beast. I don't know what started it, Paul has never hurt Boomer in any way, and has never done anything threatening towards him. It just seemed to come on all of the sudden a few days ago that whenever Paul gets near to him, Boomer will either runaway or hiss and growl. Last night, Boomer was snuggled up beside me sleeping, however, when Paul came to get into bed, Boomer moved off to the foot of the bed and just growled at him for no reason. I just don't know what to do! Boomer has never been sweeter to me than he has lately and spends nearly every minute that I am on the computer curled up in my lap. I suppose it could be that he's jealous or something? maybe he thinks my hunny takes away from HIS snuggle time. I just don't understand it, it makes me so sad:( Paul says that it doesn't bother him if Boomer doesn't like him, but I can tell just by looking at his face when Boomer shuns him that it does bother him:confused: :confused: :( :( Can anyone offer some advice?

Karen
11-02-2003, 09:27 PM
Maybe your husband should feed Boomer, dispense all treats ... maybe work his way into his favor again? How long have you had Boomer? Did he pre-date your husband?

Cats are a lot harder than dogs sometimes!

CatDad
11-02-2003, 09:39 PM
I am by no means an expert in this, but sometimes it is something inadvertant that causes behavior like that. I am not saying that your husband did anything bad, but maybe he caught Boomer off gaurd or something. Just a guess.

I agree with Karen, have your husband give out the treats or maybe do the daily feeding, if that is possible. Anything that will associate your husband with what Boomer likes.

Hopefully, this will be a mild bump in the road.

Keep us updated.

Sirrahsim
11-03-2003, 01:52 AM
thanks for your replies. no, Boomer didn't come along before Paul. We just got Boomer a few months ago. All was fine until this past weekend :( We can certainly try having Paul be the food and treat giver. Grrrr that silly kitty. I love him like crazy, why does he have to hate my husband so much!?!:(

jenluckenbach
11-03-2003, 06:11 AM
It is possible that your husband accidentally did something to frighten Boomer. (He might have even come home with a strange odor on him)

Your best bet is exactly what the others said, have your husband be the one to feed Boomer. It is the best way to make freinds.

RICHARD
11-03-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Did he pre-date your husband?

:eek:

No wonder......I'd be upset too!

;)