PDA

View Full Version : Guide Dogs

*FlatCoatsRule*
11-02-2003, 07:55 PM
I was wondering, does anyone here raise Guide Dogs or know anything about them? I raise them.;)

GoldenRetrLuver
11-02-2003, 07:57 PM
I've been looking into it. I would LOVE to take care of one, and raise it but I wouldn't be able to give it up. :(

binka_nugget
11-02-2003, 08:04 PM
No. My mom said that I could foster a guide dog pup IF kai decides to become really obedient..enough to trial and learn agility that is. kai's already starting to become obedient but I'm not sure if I want to foster one just yet.

*FlatCoatsRule*
11-02-2003, 08:04 PM
It's really hard your first time, but, it's better if you plan it to get a puppy like a week after and you have dogs to go home to. It's easier if you think of it as doing it for the blind person, not for you. lol, it's just really hard to give them up, but if they go with a blind person you get to go to the graduation and it's really fun! Then you keep in touch with the blind person so you know how they are doing.
If they DON'T make it, they ask you if you want to keep them! (You can't keep them all!):)

*FlatCoatsRule*
11-02-2003, 08:06 PM
Shelteez2, I thought you had Kai and Kayden? Why isn't he in your sig? and how come you didn't say anything about him? :confused:

*FlatCoatsRule*
11-02-2003, 08:07 PM
OOps, I MEANT binka_nugget

binka_nugget
11-02-2003, 08:11 PM
Lol, Kai's just a bit more photogenic. I don't have many pics of kaedyn to use..(well, I do now but i'm too lazy to make another sig).

I didn't mention kaedyn since my mom didn't really say anything about him. I'm in charge of training Kai. My brother wanted to train Kaedyn this time..Kai's the little brat of the family lol.

wolfsoul
11-02-2003, 08:12 PM
I think that guide dogs are interesting. :) I wouldn't like to foster one though, only because you have to keep them for such a long time and then give them up. I don't think I could do it.

Isn't Ash (Aspen and Misty) training Breeze as a guidedog?

FurMomx6
11-02-2003, 08:41 PM
I don't raise guide dogs but I know a bit about them. My grandpa got into a motorcycle accident and is blind (he can see a little but everything looks like shadows). My grandma and mom have been researching and are trying to get a guide dog for him. I haven't researched it as much but I'm hoping they'll accept him and he'll be able to get a guide dog.