PDA

View Full Version : Pup's lump - basically good news!

3-greys-and-a-mutt
11-27-2001, 07:50 AM
We took Pup to the vet yesterday because she had this hard growth on the top of her head. It felt like a big doggie wart, but the thing that scared us is that it had about tripled in size since we first noticed it the weekend before last. So, we thought it best to get it checked out!
The vet stuck a hollow needle into it, and no fluid except blood came out (which was a sign that it wasn't a sebaceous cyst). She took some of the tissue from the hollow needle, put it on a slide, and looked at it under the microscope. It was her opinion and the opinion of another vet there that it was a HISTIOCYTOMA. Most likely it is benign, and there's about an 80% chance that it will go away on its own. They said just to keep an eye on it for about 6 weeks, and if it doesn't go away, they will want to remove it surgically. It might get a little bit bigger, but should stop growing and then start shrinking. Of course, I'm supposed to contact the vet if it continues growing really fast over the next few weeks, or if it starts to feel 'attached.'
Please keep your fingers, toes, and paws crossed that Pup gets better on her own, and doesn't need surgery! :eek: :)

zippy-kat
11-27-2001, 08:32 AM
Good luck Pupperoni!
I hope you don't have to have 'sir jury.'

AdoreMyDogs
11-27-2001, 09:41 AM
Good luck, Puppers! That sur jury STEENKS, but we're all here for you in case you hafta have it anyway.
Love,
Graham

jackiesdaisy1935
11-27-2001, 09:52 AM
I'm glad to hear they didn't find anything serious and I will be thinking positive on the next phase, hopefully it won't grow anymore and she will be fine. We will keep all paws crossed here.
Jackie

purrley
11-27-2001, 10:11 AM
Paws crossed and prayers said for little pupper.

sammi
11-27-2001, 10:44 AM
Paws crossed and positive thoughts going out here for the pup.

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: sammi ]

Sudilar
11-27-2001, 05:46 PM
:) :) :)

Daisy's Mom
11-28-2001, 07:36 PM
I am sooo happy for you Pup!

tatsxxx11
11-29-2001, 02:36 PM
So happy to read that our two "lumpy" pupper pals are doing well! Now, we'll keep praying that all continues to go well! Yea, Pup!! And do I LOVE that name??? Every time I say it to myself, I have to smile!

mruffruff
11-29-2001, 02:37 PM
Just a month ago, I took Bella Mae (black chow/lab) to the vet for the very same thing. She looked like she had a huge tick growing on her ear where it attaches to her head. It was as hard as a rock. The vet told me the same thing.

It's nearly gone now. Strange!

Hope your dog's goes away as fast.