PDA

View Full Version : kids Today!!

G.P.girl
11-02-2003, 02:42 PM
i know we already had a thread like this but i don't know where it is.
When i was out trick-or-treating with my little brother, one of his friends calls on my phone wanting to talk to him. this is how the converstion went:

Me: [: picks up phone} hello?
Brat: hi. Dean?
Me: no he's getting candy at a house now, just a second and he'll be here.
Brat: fine. where are you guys?
Me: we're on 93rd ave. i think i don't really know
Brat: :snorts:
Me: :rolls eyes: well are you supposed to meet with Dean?
Brat: yeaaah.
Me: ooookkk well where are you?
Brat: :snorts: i'm at my house.
Me: well um i don't know where you live so...
Brat: uhu i live across the street from annie DUH!!
Me: :jaw drops in disbelief: ummm i don't know who annie is or where she lives.
Brat: well fiiiine.
Me: well do you want to talk to Dean then?
Brat: duuuuuh

what the heck? i couldn't even right down the snooty way she talked and stuff. she was so disrespectful. little brats...

Tonya
11-02-2003, 03:59 PM
I have a 5 year old from Jaden's class who got my cell number off of his Halloween party invitation. He calls me daily and is so rude! I'm thinking 'where in the **** are his parents?'

G.P.girl
11-02-2003, 04:21 PM
oh yeah i forgot to say the kid is like 9 or 10 years old

CathyBogart
11-03-2003, 10:38 PM
Yet another reason I am never -ever- reproducing.

Karen
11-03-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl

what the heck? i couldn't even right down the snooty way she talked and stuff. she was so disrespectful. little brats...they suck.

But it is up to those who are older than they are to teach them otherwise.

Don't just get mad and give up, try to speak with her and explain why what she said is rude. Even if you don't get your point across that minute, if you do it calmly enough, you may make her think next time. Otherwise, she'll never change!

Just my 2 cents.

G.P.girl
11-04-2003, 08:53 AM
i tried saying please and thankyou alot when i talk to her, and being really polite but she just doesn't get it. she jjust rolls her eyes and sighs impatiently.

catland
11-06-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
I have a 5 year old from Jaden's class who got my cell number off of his Halloween party invitation. He calls me daily and is so rude! I'm thinking 'where in the **** are his parents?'

can you *69 him to find out his phone number? Then you could call his parents later on to let them know what's going on.

Tonya
11-07-2003, 08:13 AM
I met his mother at the school halloween party on Friday. (His parents are divorced and I *think* he is mainly with his dad.) I mentioned that Jerrod was quite the character; he calls me everyday. She was so embarrassed. lol. She kept appologizing. She said that he must do it when he is at his dad's because she'd never let him. He hasn't called since. lol.

G.P.girl
11-07-2003, 08:54 AM
lol! i like parents that actually DO something when they find out their child is bad. alot of parents have such aa blind spot for thier kids they cant even see what brats they are. ( my mom and my lil bro for one)

Relentless
11-07-2003, 01:35 PM
I usually laugh off rude stuff kids do, my phone number is close to a barber shop phone number in my town and I get a prank call like every week from some kid trying to reach the barber saying something along the lines of how much is it to get my pubes shaved, so I go along with it and ask how many are there and stuff and the kids are like WTF? I don't know, I just like kids.

G.P.girl
11-07-2003, 05:23 PM
well i think prank calls are really fun to play along with too. i used to love making prankcalls.:o but prank calls are different from just being rude.

Relentless
11-13-2003, 03:40 PM
The fact is kids are getting ruder and more disrespectful as the years go by, and there isn't much people can do to change it especially with all the influences they have pushed on them from media, music, and movies. I wouldn't blame the children themselves though.