PDA

View Full Version : Kissiekat's Gotcha Date

zippy-kat
11-02-2003, 02:23 PM
It was November 07, 2002. It was cold. It was early. And I was nervous.

It had only been 20 days since my heart-bun's passing. Was I ready for this? Was I cheating her out of a proper mourning? How could I possibly love another furry-being as much as I loved my Sophie? Was it too soon...?

A mere 3 days before, I'd conned Mom into going with me to the dreaded pound. Neither one of us really wanted to set foot in the place, but I had the strong drive to "just look." Once inside, K'Cee was the first cat I saw, the first one I touched, the first one I held. She was gentle--didn't use a single claw despite the noisy dogs, the other cats, the "new-ness" of us. I held onto her for dear life as I looked at the other kittens. K'Cee mewed and I subconsciously knew the deal was sealed. However, K'Cee was not available for adoption until November 7th. We tearfully made our way home, leaving the echoing choir of dogs and one small grey/white kitten behind us.

Those were the longest 72 hours of my life.

As the pound is run on a first-come-first-serve basis, I arrived early and sat outside the gates. Eventually, the secretary showed up and after years of paperwork, my kitten and I were ready to go home.

From the moment K'Cee set foot in the house, she made herself at home. And, in return for kibble, love, and a warm bed she provides excellent services such as fly/spider-extermination, 5.30AM on-the-dot-and-don't-forget-the-treat wake up calls, shoestring chewer extraordinaire, furry you-don't-need-to-read-this paperweight, and my personal favorite, heartcat supreme.

In a year, she's gone from an anemic, scraggly, flea-ridden kitten:
http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/tofisher/kcee%20first%20photo.jpg

to a cleaner, slightly goofier kitten
http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/tofisher/chessa.JPG

to my pretty, pretty princess!
http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/tofisher/k'cee25.JPG

Gosh, I love that cat!!!:D

Former User
11-02-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat

Gosh, I love that cat!!!:D

And why woulnd't you? She's absolutely gorgeous, Tonya! Happy Gotcha day! http://users.pandora.be/ourcats/smilies/various/bluemchen.gif

Randi
11-02-2003, 03:13 PM
Tonya, you made the right choice, she's wonderful! :) In that last picture, you can see she absolutely adores you! :p

Steffi N
11-02-2003, 03:47 PM
We have all enjoyed watching K'Cee grow up. She is a superspecial cat and we have both laughed at her antics and admired her beauty in quieter moods. Happy Gotcha Month, K'Cee.

AmberLee
11-02-2003, 05:29 PM
Happy Gotcha Month, sweet K'Cee! (Do remember to tell your Meowmy that Gotcha Month ceremonies require daily treats, rubbies, and lovin's! Sometimes Meowmies forget.)

Snugglie-wugglies, sweetheart!

aly
11-02-2003, 06:49 PM
Tonya -

I remember the relief I felt when I found out you adopted your K'Cee. I knew you needed some more furry loving in your life and I think you two were made for each other. I know she's brought you much joy and helped you grieve. Your Sophie girl probably had a hand... err, paw, in sending K'Cee to you :)

(early) HAPPY GOTCHA DAY K'CEE!

catcrazylady
11-02-2003, 08:25 PM
She is such a doll baby! I haven't been around long but I fell in love with her adult pictures. I had never seen her as a kitten. I am 100% head over heals for this beautiful girl!! How could you not adore this baby doll??http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif

rg_girlca
11-02-2003, 09:20 PM
HAPPY, HAPPY GOTCHA DAY K'CEE

I have truly enjoyed seeing all your gorgeous pictures as you are one truly magnificent pretty girl.

shais_mom
11-02-2003, 09:27 PM
I have tears in my eyes reading this!!
What a beautiful tribute to the lovely K'Cee!!!
I too remember that like yesterday. You telling me about her, not wanting to tell too much b/c you didn't want to jinx it. Going and getting her soooo early, giving her a flea bath, then having to go the job from H-E-*-*!! Spending hours away from your precious one.
She is truly a sweet little soul, that I do so badly want to meet someday.
You forgot to add to her resume **CHARM EATER!!** ;) :p :eek: ;) :p :eek:;)

krazyaboutkatz
11-02-2003, 10:56 PM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY K'CEE!!! I've also enjoyed watching her grow up. She's become a gorgeous cat. You were both meant for each other. :D

wolf_Q
11-02-2003, 11:13 PM
Tonya, this is a beautiful tribute to your gorgeous K'Cee! I know she was meant for you, and it's been great to watch her grow up!! Happy Gotcha day K'Cee!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
11-03-2003, 05:22 AM
Happy anniversary K'Cee. What a great story Tonya.. and a lovely tribute to K'Cee Kat!!:D

*MORE PICTURES*:)

Barbara
11-03-2003, 05:53 AM
What a heartwarming story!

And what a beautiful cat. Love that nickname Kissiecat:) :) :)

ChrisH
11-03-2003, 09:05 AM
Happy Gotcha Day K`Cee!! :D

You really are such a beautiful kitty princess! :)

stacwase
11-03-2003, 09:13 AM
Oh - Thank you so much for posting this!

Edwina's Secretary
11-03-2003, 09:49 AM
My darling, darling godkitten,

Has it really been a year already????? It seems like just yesterday when I welcomed you to the PT family. You have grown from an adorable fluffy kitten into a most beautiful and elegant cat and I wish for you many, many happy years!

Bless you.....

Auntie Wina

p.s.....my momma wonders if there is anyway she can have that red chair on which you are playing?

Vio&Juni
11-03-2003, 10:00 AM
Happy Happy Gotcha Day!

She's very beautiful :)

kimlovescats
11-03-2003, 10:28 AM
What a wonderful story, and I just LOVE HAPPY ENDINGS!!!! She is indeed a gorgeous kitty, and I wish her the very happiest of GOTCHA DAYS!!!

Ps..... I LOVE that red checked chair!!! hehehe;)

momoffuzzyfaces
11-03-2003, 12:49 PM
GOODNESS!!! I do need to get my eyes checked! I thought the title was Kissiekat's Gotta Date!!!! I was wondering who her beau was!!!!

Kissiekat if you'd like a little sis, there is an adorable stray kitten who was born Father's day weekend, who needs a home. She's hanging around outside with her mum and bro. She looks just like you did in your first picture. I'll give her a cuddle in your honor.

Happy Gotcha Day, sweetie! :D

LoudLou
11-03-2003, 03:28 PM
Happeee Gotcha Day! Miz K'Cee!! Hope ya get more spoiled than ya already are! ;)

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-04-2003, 02:16 AM
Happy Gotcha Day!! You certainly have grown from a very cute little kitten into an adorable princess! Love the little pink nosie:D

Logan
11-04-2003, 07:27 AM
Happy Gotcha Day, K'Cee (plus two, cause I'm late :o ). I think you and Tonya were a match made in Heaven, by Sophie Bunny, with a little help from God! :)

catmandu
11-04-2003, 09:53 AM
That is so wondeful that Kissiekat could ease the pain of losing your beloved Sophie. and while noone can completely take Sophies place , Kissiekat will do her best to be your friend!