PDA

View Full Version : This makes me so mad!!!

Tonya
11-02-2003, 08:51 AM
I can't remember for the life of me if I've told the first part of this story...I am sorry if it is a repeat!

Ok, first the history: There are lots of stray/feral cats at my work that I am feeding. Once it gets cold enough outside, I am going to TNR them. I didn't want them to get stuck in the traps on a hot day.

A week or two ago, one of the guys at work asked me if I had a trap he could borrow. I'm thinking, 'how sweet! he cares too.' I tell him that I haven't rented them yet and asked him why. He goes "Oh, this cat keeps bugging my cat every morning. They fight through the window and he's ruining my screen. I'm going to trap him and bring him here." :eek: I flipped out! And he goes "Where do you think all of these cats come from? These are all unwanted cats that us guys have dumped off here."

Now, the other day at a safety meeting, all the guys were together. A few casually mentioned that ever since I started feeding them there is poop everywhere and the cats are multiplying. (They're just becoming less skittish so now more are seen.) They said the rat problem is growing now that the cats aren't hungry. They said "You know, Clarence used to feed the cats some years back and we made him stop." :mad:

moosmom
11-02-2003, 09:02 AM
Tonya,

You KNOW my feeling about STUPID PEOPLE!! :mad: :mad: Well these guys are just

TOO DAMN STUPID TO LIVE!!!

I don't blame you for being angry. I'd report them to the authorities.

Buttwipes!! :mad: :mad:

Tonya
11-02-2003, 09:33 AM
Buttwipes!!

That wasn't the word that I was thinking. lol. I swear if I ever catch them dumping a cat there, a war will break out!

catcrazylady
11-02-2003, 10:52 AM
PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID!!!! Stories like this just BURN MY BUTT!!
The sad thing is that here in parts of Kentucky they wouldn't even trap them and drop them off! THEY JUST SHOOT THEM!!
As horrible as what these guys are doing I'm just glad they aren't poisoning or killing them. What I don't get is if they are going to all the trouble of trapping them then why don't they just take them to a shelter??? HOW FREAKING STUPID!!!

tomkatzid
11-02-2003, 11:39 AM
Wait till tom reads this. It happened at his work too. He is out with the dogs for a few hours and will post as soon as he gets back.

We are still feeding the cats at a park where we take the dogs. The Mommy comes close to us, but not the babies.

Katz

Tonya
11-02-2003, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I'd like to hear what Tom did. I figured I'd just stop talking about it as much and continue doing what I'm doing.

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-02-2003, 01:04 PM
Heaven save us all from such STOOPID people. I don;t have any advice to offer, but I am thinking of you, and I hope you find a way to sort out the situation which works for the cats and the people!

(((HUGS)))

tomkatzid
11-02-2003, 06:12 PM
I really don't know what can be done about such idiotic morons. We had some at my work too, there were two groups there of course, the cat lovers and the haters. Our friend Debbie, she has been talked about here previously in regards to stray dogs she has taken in, was really going all out for the cats, she had a really nice big feeder for them and some of the guys took it and threw it in the dumpster. That is when I got involved. I told some of these jerks if that feeder disappeared again I would find out who did it and there would be hell to pay. It never disappeared again.
Debbie and one of the busdrivers(karen) ended up catching them in humane traps and getting them fixed, Debbie now has 13 cats living in her barn(she lives on an 80 acre farm). Karen took several of those cats also, some were kittens and I believe she tamed them and found homes for the poor things.
Our big maintenance boss was so mad at these cats he threated to poison them. He claimed they were using sand meant for the schools as a litterbox. Debbie told him if he poisoned them she would report it, needless to say she is not real well liked around there, but that is the level of her commitment to animals.
It never ocurred to me that some of these guys could have brought these cats, but now I see it is possible. I wish I had a solution for you, I think you are right, just stay quiet and keep feeding them for now, good luck and thanks for trying......tom

Tonya
11-02-2003, 08:08 PM
Thanks, Tom. I'll keep you all updated.

Tonya
11-03-2003, 08:27 PM
I went to move the feeder out of the rain today. It was gone. Then after leaving work, I was at a stop light. One of the #$@ that I work with rolled his window down and yelled "Stop feeding the cats!" and drove off.

I am so upset. But do I really want to start a holy war? I don't know...Just blowing steam. I have to calm down before I think about this.

tomkatzid
11-04-2003, 02:02 AM
I can't believe these idiots, so much like what we went through....I ended up enemies with several of the idiots at my work, along with debbie they have us labeled as "stupid cat lovers", and for me it isn't a big deal, I don't work closely with these fools, they work days and I work nights, your situation may be such that you need to get along with these jerks, so be careful. Kudos to you for trying......tom