PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing moment

Tonya
11-01-2003, 02:26 PM
I remember us having a debate a while back on controlling what your child says...I thought I'd share what happened last week. I can't tell you if it's hilarious or totally sad, but I know one thing for sure...I was so embarrassed!!!!

Last week, we went to a BBQ to celebrate a friend's recent graduation from college. We didn't know anyone there aside from the friend. There was about 15 of us sitting there, including the friends 101 year old grandmother. She was in a wheelchair, incoherent, and totally weak. Just a tiny little lady. Anyways, Jaden is just getting to have a concept of time.

We were all chatting about how old grandma was. I go "Jaden, guess what? Grandma Phyllis is 101 years old!"

Jaden says "Wow, mom! It's about time for her to go to heaven! Do you think God forgot to take her already?"

Everyone got silent and looked at us. I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to embarrass Jaden in front of everyone because he had no idea so I just said "God has different times for everyone, honey." Stupid response, but I was so stunned!

G.P.girl
11-01-2003, 02:42 PM
:eek: OMG!! it's sorta funny, but it must have been very embarrassing! lol!

popcornbird
11-01-2003, 02:44 PM
:o :o :o :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ahhhh the innocence of young children! LOL

bluekat
11-01-2003, 03:36 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: lol, omg! I would be very embarassed too...even if I was just one of the people who heard.

Cinder & Smoke
11-01-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
..."God has different times for everyone, honey."

Not a bad response at all!
Actually, quite truthful...

Thank Heaven not too many folks understand what the FurKids say... :rolleyes:

/s/ Phred

Tonya
11-02-2003, 08:40 AM
Thank Heaven not too many folks understand what the FurKids say...

That's for sure! They'd find out that Teddy isn't so cute afterall.

Foam
11-02-2003, 06:33 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :p :p :o :o ;) OMG LOL! You made me laugh out loud when I read that! LMAO! Haha!!!

gini
11-02-2003, 10:47 PM
I think you did a great job in answering your son.

However, the fact that he is 25 does leave one wondering:D :D :D :D

Oh, Tonya, please forgive me. It is my way of trying get you to lighten up over something you cannot control......a child's wonder and innocence

lovemyshiba
11-03-2003, 07:16 AM
Lol, Tonya.

I can see why you were embarrassed, but it is cute.
So innocent.

Your answer was perfect!:)

Tonya
11-03-2003, 07:44 AM
However, the fact that he is 25 does leave one wondering

Oh, God forbid if he still does this to me at 25! That comment alone added a grey hair! lmao.

dukedogsmom
11-03-2003, 10:14 AM
I think it was cute and he meant no harm by it. If I was there, I'm afraid I would have busted out laughing.

Corinna
11-03-2003, 10:21 AM
I do have sympathy for you, having servived 2 kids 20 and 21 now thank goodness. But I too would have laughed it will be funny in a couple years espesally as you tell it to a futrue mate of the child. Oh getting revenge so sweet!!!!!!

catland
11-04-2003, 11:34 AM
Your reply was perfect. I don't know if I could have said it as well as you did.

stacwase
11-04-2003, 11:49 AM
Your response was very appropriate, I think! And really - what she said was true. A lot of people probably look at her and think she'll be going to heaven soon. Your daughter just said it out loud, that's all!

Talk about embarassing - my son has said some real doozies!

When we first moved here he was about 4 or 5 (I can't remember right now). One day he just disappeared! I couldn't find him anywhere. I had all the neighbors out looking for him. Finally we found him a block away playing in a stranger's sand box.

I tried to explain to him about strangers and child molesters, and who to talk to and not to talk to and how he's not supposed to go anywhere without telling us first etc. etc. He was having a really hard time understanding what a stranger/child molester etc. was (especially because I didn't give him any details). So - I just told him everybody was a stranger until we said they weren't.

So one day our neighbor was over and we were talking to him, getting to know him. A very nice guy by the way. So Kyler comes up to me while Charlie was right there and yells "See, Mom - Charlie's nice! He's not really a child molester!":eek: :eek: :eek:

slick
11-04-2003, 11:57 AM
I remember when my brother and I were kids, I think about 8 and 10, we had company over for dinner. Mom cooked up a roast beef (rare) and mashed potatoes and vegies.

When Mom brought the meat to the table and cut the first slice, I remarked

"Look at that bloody meat...." to which my brother said

"And those damn mashed potatoes....."

Hey I was only 8, what was I to know.

But my brother got a bit of a talking to after dinner.

PJ's Mom
11-04-2003, 01:03 PM
When my oldest daughter was three or so, her favorite candy was Nerds. So, because she was being a good girl (or for whatever reason) we went to the store to buy her some.

While in the candy aisle, we were standing next to an elderly black lady who was also looking at the candy. My daughter yelled, "Ooooohhh mommy. There are the niggers. Can I have them?"

:eek: I'm thinking she didn't get any candy that day. :o

I quickly walked from the aisle, and honestly don't even remember leaving the store. :D

slick
11-04-2003, 06:56 PM
OK, this has got to be the most embarrassing thing that's happened.....

I was in a meeting today and when it was over I got up to walk out and I ....ahem.......fluffed.......:eek: :eek:

I know, way too much information, but so totally embarrassing.

Tonya
11-04-2003, 07:54 PM
Lol, Slick. I did that in kickboxing once. All my focus was on kicking this guy and oops! I wanted to die.

I tried to explain to him about strangers and child molesters, and who to talk to and not to talk to and how he's not supposed to go anywhere without telling us first etc. etc. He was having a really hard time understanding what a stranger/child molester etc. was (especially because I didn't give him any details). So - I just told him everybody was a stranger until we said they weren't.

I hear you!!! I almost regretted having that stranger conversation with Jaden. For a long time after that, he was paranoid. He'd loudly ask me if each and every person was a bad person. I'd basically explained that bad people are people who steal and hurt people. I got into an argument with the neighbor (remember when she stole my dogs)...well, I was so heated that I told him that she's a bad person and to not go over there anymore. Well, he got confused and went to school and told the teacher that the neighbor was a bank robber.