PDA

View Full Version : LUMP!

shais_mom
11-24-2001, 07:55 PM
I am very worried, I just found a small hard pea-sized lump on Keegan tonight. I wish I would have found it earlier I was just at my best friends house last night and her hubby is a vet.
It is right beside one of her nipples.
I will call the vet on Monday, and keep an eye on it. I know Goldens are predisposed to Tumors but I thought maybe I would have more time before she got one. :(
I pray its nothing.

aly
11-24-2001, 11:32 PM
Staci, I have no idea what it could be :confused: I will be praying its nothing too :( Poor sweet girl.

I tend to overreact at the slightest thing, but I feel confident that this will be nothing to worry about.

3-greys-and-a-mutt
11-24-2001, 11:48 PM
Hope it is nothing!

Pup has a lump on top of her head and I am taking her into the vet's on monday to get it checked out. It feels alot like the warts that my cocker spaniel used to get when she got older. But Pup's bump scares me because it has about doubled in size from when we first noticed it about a week ago, and she is so young that she shouldn't be getting warts yet!

That scary about Keegan, because she is so young! Maybe it's just a bug bite or a bruise? Keep an eye on it and keep us updated!

Sudilar
11-25-2001, 12:18 AM
Prayers are on the way for Keegan and Pup. I hope their lumps are ok. My Killian has had many lumps. They've all turned out to be benign. His latest was a large one on his side.

Daisy's Mom
11-25-2001, 12:23 AM
I am sure you remember me freaking out over Daisy's lump. It turned out to be nothing and they didn't have to do a thing about it, so I'll pray that Keegan's lump is the same thing. Just stay calm and take her to the vet and I am sure everything will be okay :) Keep us posted!

zippy-kat
11-25-2001, 02:53 AM
Poor lumpy-bumpy-puppies...you guys are all in my prayers!

tatsxxx11
11-25-2001, 09:21 AM
We will be praying that the lumps on both Pup and Keegan are not serious. :( Poor babies.

jackiesdaisy1935
11-25-2001, 09:42 AM
I think lumps on dogs are pretty common, Daisy has little Schnauzer lumpies but they are common to Schnauzers, but it never hurts to have the Vet take a look and be sure.
Jackie

Dixieland Dancer
11-25-2001, 09:50 AM
Staci,
I have been watching periodically for Keegan photos. She is absolutely beautiful!

About the lump..... If it is somewhere around center to her belly then it is probably where her umbilical cord was. I can find both Dixie and Dusty's umbilical spot if I rub their bellies. It is about pea size and hard. If this is where Keegan's is then it is probably her umbilical cord "Button". Nothing to worry about. :D

Daisy's Mom
11-25-2001, 11:01 AM
Oh Pup I forgot to add that I'm praying for you too, sweetie! I hope everything is okay with you!

RachelJ
11-25-2001, 05:30 PM
I bet Dixie's assessment is right. This reminds me of when I found a "lump" on Hannah when she was a puppy and had made and appointment with the vet, only to have to call back to cancel it when I realized it was one of her nipples. :o

lizbud
11-25-2001, 06:39 PM
Think everyone's right about getting any
lump checked out by a vet.
Keegan is an Adorable pup !!
I hope both She and Pup both check out just
fine. Prayers for you both... Liz.

AdoreMyDogs
11-26-2001, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by RachelJ:
<STRONG>This reminds me of when I found a "lump" on Hannah when she was a puppy and had made and appointment with the vet, only to have to call back to cancel it when I realized it was one of her nipples. :o</STRONG>

Hehehe....sounds like me :) I took Graham to the vet because he had a lump in his throat a few months ago, only to find out that the lump was his voicebox :)

Staci, I sure hope the little lump is Keegan's "belly button" and not anything more serious. Please let us know as soon as you find out.

purrley
11-27-2001, 07:58 AM
Praying these lumps are nothing to worry about :(

shais_mom
11-27-2001, 11:19 AM
I thought I updated this last night but didn't, I guess.
The lump on her belly is virtually nonexistent!! You still feel it might be there, but basically its not. I made her appt with vet for 12-6-01 for her 2nd set of shots and they said they could check it then, since its almost gone.
Prayers were answered!

aly
11-27-2001, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by RachelJ:
<STRONG>I bet Dixie's assessment is right. This reminds me of when I found a "lump" on Hannah when she was a puppy and had made and appointment with the vet, only to have to call back to cancel it when I realized it was one of her nipples. :o</STRONG>

Rachel, I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. :D :D :D http://www.plauder-smilies.com/laugh1.gif http://www.plauder-smilies.com/laugh2.gif http://www.plauder-smilies.com/rofl.gif

oh my gosh, I'm sorry, but that is sO FUNNY!

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-27-2001, 12:39 PM
Glad that lump issue is OK. I would still have the vet take a look at that area just to double check.

Give little Keegan a big smoocher for me on her furry face!

tatsxxx11
11-29-2001, 02:39 PM
So glad to hear that it is probably nothing serious! Being a mom is SOOOO stressful! ;) Worry, worry, worry! I'm sure you'll feel 100% when the vet gives the "paws up" on the 6th! Give that precious baby KISSES please!!!!!

Sudilar
11-29-2001, 05:23 PM
Great news!!

KYS
11-29-2001, 06:10 PM
Adore and Rach,

Thanks for your funny, wonderful stories. Of course I am sure you guys did not think
it was funny at the time. :D

Glad to hear the lumps are hopefully
nothing to worry about and we will be waiting to here what the vets say.

Albea
11-30-2001, 11:51 AM
Great news about baby Keegan's lump, or rather the absence of one. ;) Give her many, many hugs and kisses from me. When are we going to see more pictures?

Daisy's Mom
12-02-2001, 10:02 PM
I am so sorry I'm late! Thank goodness Keegan is okay :)

shais_mom
12-03-2001, 01:23 AM
Thanks for the well wishes~~!! Kisses are going to the furface~