PDA

View Full Version : Nice Halloween

Karen
11-01-2003, 10:46 AM
We had a nice Halloween! Miss Hoppy did not come out to greet the trick-or-treaters this year, but that's okay.

* I was raking the stairs and the walk in the afternoon to prepare for the trick-or-treaters, and I got to meet our newest neighbor, a little girl named Asia born October 24th.

* Raking away the leaves on the sidewalk, I found violets blooming underneath! I gave one to Asia's brother to take to his mom.

* We had 37 trick-or-treaters! That's more than twice as many as last year!

* The weather was perfect - despite the fact that we had snow! a week and a half ago. Yes, midweek a couple weeks ago, I woke to snow on the pumpkin! Big fat flakes falling from the sky, when most of the leaves were still on the trees! But the weather on Halloween was perfect - not too warm to wear a costume, not so cold that you had to wear a jacket over it!

* Costumes included (I wore a bear mask) a little white bunny, a very sweet dragon, twin candycorns, a baker (complete with rolling pin and flour on her face), Spiderman, witches, fairies, a scary dude, a fireman, clown, and more!

It was a very nice Halloween! Did you all enjoy yours?

Kfamr
11-01-2003, 10:55 AM
Sounds like fun!

I posted about mine HERE (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36932)

CamCamPup33
11-01-2003, 11:10 AM
That sounds like such a good halloween! Especially with snow.. I wish it would snow here.. My halloween was good.. I had no costume or anything so i took little ribbons and put my hair in pig tails and tied the ribbons in it... Then i just took a passafire (SP) so i looked like a baby.. :p Then my neighbor, my sisters best friend and her cousin came with us (us being me, my two sisters, my two brothers..) It was whole family affair! :p My brother was dracula.. I have pictures, but not uploaded.. So we all got candy, i only got some because i went only one round and my brother and sister went once more around (a different way of course).. I was way too tired to go around again! Anyway it was a great halloween! :D

Kendra
11-01-2003, 05:07 PM
Last night the weather was perfect. My husband, myself, and Jean Paul sat outside on the porch and had fun handing out candy to around 110 trick-or-treaters. We were so proud of Jean Paul. He can be timid around strangers; however, he didn’t show any signs of being nervous last night. As a matter of fact, he wanted to give everyone a whiff! Some kids made comments like “nice dog”! Another little boy seemed amazed at seeing his first poodle in real life! Only a group of a couple kids were intimidated by Jean and wouldn’t even come across the street because they said they were afraid of dogs. The sweetest thing was when a little boy put a piece of candy in the bowl. I asked him if he was trading it for something else and he said “no, I found it on the ground” and then, since he didn’t get any candy from us yet, he proceeded to pick out a different piece for himself! I think the funniest thing was when I was out getting more candy and my husband only had 3 Almond Joy’s left and a couple of kids came by, looked at the candy and said “Yuck” and walked off leaving the candy!

With all the doggie Halloween costumes around I expected to see a few dogs dressed up walking around with their humans, but I didn’t see any dogs at all. :confused:

Oh well, I can’t wait until next year! ;)

ticosmyham
11-01-2003, 05:18 PM
I am glad that you all had such a nice halloween! I just got back from taking Apollo on a walk. We had fun meeting the other dogs that were trick or treating with their humans, and even saw one of Apollo's brothers along the way! It was quite a happy reuniun for the both of them. And we still have little ones coming to our door....I better stop Pet Talking and go hand out some candy!! :D

zippy-kat
11-01-2003, 05:23 PM
No. I've never liked Halloween. Yeah the costumes are cute and handing out candy is somewhat fun. But on the whole, I don't like it....mainly for the 'pranksters.' This day makes even the safest residential areas scary.

As I posted in another thread:

last night someone(s) keyed and slit the tires on my mom's NEW Yukon. :mad:

Mom/Dad went on a "date" (drove around looking at the halloween decoration/trick-or-treaters); my sis went to a football game. I stayed here handing out candy.

Mom/Dad came home for approx. 15min --leaving the Yukon parked in the driveway instead of pulling into the garage-- before we (Mom and I)went to pick up my sis...so it happened within those 15 minutes. Mom/I got halfway up the street when she pulled over, sure enough flat tire. At that same time, two too-old-to-be-trick-or-treating masked ghouls came parading up the street, hopped in their car, and pulled up to us asking if we needed help. These were the same two we'd seen earlier, the same two we caught trying to peek in a neighbor's window, and the same two we suspect did the damage. IF THEY WERE, I don't know why they'd ask us if we needed help unless their intentions weren't pure..... Luckily, Dad pulled up at that same time.

Our down-the-street neighbor suffered the brunt of the deal though.... they got 3 tires on each of his 4 cars. :mad: A street just NW of us, suffered a rash of keyed/slashed tires too.

Two years ago, my car was paintballed.

When I was wayyyy younger, someone broke into our car/spray painted it.

I don't like Halloween.

Karen
11-01-2003, 06:17 PM
The only time my tires have ever been slashed was closer to Christmas than Halloween, in a "safe" neighborhood.

Thankfully, "pranking" doesn't seem popular in our neighborhood.

P.S. The snow all melted by the end of the day it fell, so no snowbanks for trick-or-treaters to hurdle!