PDA

View Full Version : John Hancock

catmandu
11-01-2003, 09:39 AM
My Poor Balinese Cats had most of his teeth removed. Now he has only 2 teeth left! And to make matters worse , my little Pal is now terrified of me , and I am supposed to give him pain killers and anti biotics , and he runs in terror and anger from me. and the Vet put the medicine in pill form , which is tough at the best of times!But the worst thing is that my Balinese Buddy no longer trusts or likes me anymore. Sad catmandu!

PayItForward
11-01-2003, 09:47 AM
Our Georgie only has a few teeth and manages just well as I'm sure your cat will, once he has calmed down.

I'm sure he'll come around soon, sending hugs and prayers your way.

Randi
11-01-2003, 10:16 AM
Oh, I'm sorry to hear he had to have his teeth removed. :( No wonder he's upset, but I'm sure he'll adjust within a few days when he's feeling better and let you get close again. However, I see the problem with the pills. :( Any chance you can crush them and wrap them inside his favourite treat?

Good luck! :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-01-2003, 11:35 AM
Gary, I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts that you two will be buddies again real soon!!

amoore
11-01-2003, 11:40 AM
Catmandu , i put a little vegtable oil on the pills and catch my kitties kind of off -guard ,petting them , and then i do a fast move and poke the pill down the cats throat . that has worked for getting my kitties the meds they have to take .
I know your little kitties will get back to being your buddies once they feel better . How could they stay mad at a nice person like you ? :) don't be a sadmandu!:(

catcrazylady
11-01-2003, 11:41 AM
Poor baby!! It's so awful when you want to comfort them but they are mad and scared because of pills! I have found an easy solution to the pill deal if the pill is crushable. Crush the pill and mix it in a very small amount of something sticky like jelly. Take that mix and rub it on the front of their leg above the paw. Rub it in pretty good so they can't shake it off. As we all know...they can't stand to be dirty and will promptly lick every last drop off of their leg!! If you can find something they like that is sticky then they will get a treat as well!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif I try to do it during a rubbing cuddle session. They give you that look, like...did you do that? I have a couple that will run around like bucking broncos trying to shake it off, thats why it has to be sticky. It has worked great here and they don't get mad because they aren't real sure that I did it!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
I hope this helps with your poor baby and I really hope the pills are crushable!!
Good Luck!

catmandu
11-02-2003, 10:00 AM
Good News! The Brederwhere I got John suggested liquis Clavamox and to put it ibnto something that John loves to eat! The Meds taht I have are bitter , but Clavamox has no taste! And they are drinking the Oxyfresh Cat solution , which is placed into thier drinking water! I am glad as it is 27.50 for a litre , about 35 onzes!OUCH!With 12 Cats . OUCH!

amoore
11-03-2003, 08:15 AM
I knew you would think of someway to help your kitties ,you are so considerate of your babies feelings ! :)

Edwina's Secretary
11-03-2003, 10:09 AM
Oh Gary! I'm so sorry to hear of John Hancock's problems! It is so hard when you are trying to help them and they only feel the pain! He'll come around to loving you again and I'm so glad you found a way around the nasty pills.

catmandu
11-04-2003, 09:31 AM
Good News. the Vetgave me a liquid Medication that John likes . And with some Deli Turkey he got the Anti Biotics that he needs! And He is my Pal AGAIN! Hooray For Liquid Meds!

stacwase
11-04-2003, 09:39 AM
Congratulations for getting back into his favor! I feel so sad when my cats don't like me, and so honored when they do!