PDA

View Full Version : ugh i dont see why people do this

HoRsELUvR
11-01-2003, 09:00 AM
I went trick or treating with my friends last night and when i got home,i reached into my bag and pulled out an unwrapped,sticky jolly rancher with bite marks in it that someone had handed out.ewww.everyone who went trick or treating this year,check your candy to make sure you didnt get any nasty crap like that and if your kids went trick or treating,check their candy,cuz you never know what could be in there.

bluekat
11-01-2003, 09:49 AM
Eew. Yesterday, I didn't go trick or treating so I just stayed at home and handed out candy.
In our planter thing, some kid used it to put their garbage in:rolleyes:

Karen
11-01-2003, 10:34 AM
It is always the smart thing to do to check all the candy before anyone eats any of it. Because I have siblings, we would always sit down, empty out the bags, we (or my parents) would check it all, then the swapping would begin! ;)

Kfamr
11-01-2003, 10:52 AM
I seperate all of my candy -- Chocolate & Fruity lol...

Chocolates go in the Fridge, and the fruity things go in the a seperate bag in the kitchen.

I check all of them myself, I think I know what's bad and what's not. If I let my parents check, they'd just take it all :p

"Oh this one's bad, I'll have to eat it." (while picking up a yummy Reece's):rolleyes:

I gave them a stash of their own, with all of their favorites though.
Dad got snickers, tootsie rolls, Kit Kats, and Hersey's chocolate.
Mom got PayDays, Baby Ruths, Kit Kats, and Butterfingers. :)

My sister and I swapped... She doesn't like Milky Way's, So she gave me all of those.

I gave her some BottleCaps plus some of the stuff my parents gave me.

I think swapping is my favorite part. :p

CamCamPup33
11-01-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Karen
It is always the smart thing to do to check all the candy before anyone eats any of it. Because I have siblings, we would always sit down, empty out the bags, we (or my parents) would check it all, then the swapping would begin! ;)

We do the same exact thing! :D

green_chameleon_girl
11-01-2003, 03:54 PM
ya.. Always watch out for Lippo(sp?) candy. It is shaped like a strawberry and its on a stick. Last year almost all of them had red bloches on them. They did a test for them and it was blood. I had one in my halloween bag last year and lots of people had them. Always check your candy. Dont ever eat the peanuts... BE CAREFUL!

zippy-kat
11-01-2003, 05:00 PM
Along the same lines, last night someone(s) keyed and slit the tires on my mom's NEW Yukon. :mad:

Mom/Dad went on a "date" last night (drove around looking at the halloween decoration/trick-or-treaters); my sis went to a football game. I stayed here handing out candy.

Mom/Dad came home for approx. 15min --leaving the Yukon parked in the driveway instead of pulling into the garage-- before we (Mom and I)went to pick up my sis...so it happened within those 15 minutes. Mom/I got halfway up the street when she pulled over, sure enough flat tire. At that same time, two too-old-to-be-trick-or-treating masked ghouls came parading up the street, hopped in their car, and pulled up to us asking if we needed help. These were the same two we'd seen earlier, the same two we caught trying to peek in a neighbor's window, and the same two we suspect did the damage. IF THEY WERE, I don't know why they'd ask us if we needed help unless their intentions weren't pure..... Luckily, Dad pulled up at that same time.

Our down-the-street neighbor suffered the brunt of the deal though.... they got 3 tires on each of his 4 cars. :mad: A street just NW of us, suffered a rash of keyed/slashed tires too.

green_chameleon_girl
11-01-2003, 06:22 PM
my dad just got a Yukon too. He was so worried. He dident want anyone to touch it..he watched it like a hawk! Last night I also witnessed alot of teenagers throwing huge rocks at cars near my street. grrrr

wolfsoul
11-01-2003, 06:40 PM
I remember being little, and someone gave me a sucker with no wrapper on it. I asked for another and the lady huffed and puffed and gave me another than slammed the door on me. :eek: Then when everyone was walking again, we saw a police officer and I was so proud I had to tell him what I did. :o lol.

I think besides the occasional egged house, my city is fairly good on Halloween. My friend told me that last year she was a bad girl. This man (who even had a whooole bunch of Halloween decorations; the whole kaboodle) told them that candy is bad for them, gave them all these nutritional brochures and then slammed the door on their faces. So they arranged the gnomes on his front yard into...ahem...bad positions...:o