PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #27 - Getaway Vacation

Pages : [1] 2

gini
10-31-2003, 11:50 AM
I had this idea for next Thursday. Richard and I have chartered an airplane. (Richard is rich you know).

Hurry and make your reservation now - we can fly anywhere you like - all day. Be sure to say what you want to eat and drink so we can be sure that all of the supplies are on board.

Everything is FIRST CLASS! Yes, you can bring your pets, but they must behave!

Start putting in your travel requests early so that we can be sure to route the plane and not miss any destinations.

[we will need some to stay and clean the plane when we get home]

(since this a virtual day off, you don't even have to ask for permission to leave work)

Edwina's Secretary
10-31-2003, 12:16 PM
How about Iceland?

gini
10-31-2003, 12:25 PM
Great idea - and we can pick up EssTer and see her beautiful country!

Logan
10-31-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by gini
Great idea - and we can pick up EssTer and see her beautiful country!

I agree, totally!!! That's a great place to start.....and don't forget Ireland and England.....two places I would love to visit, eventually.....just don't want to bring home the British "crud"'' that Scott did this past week! :eek:

slick
10-31-2003, 12:59 PM
"Hey Boss, de Plane, de plane"

My dream vacation is Australia/New Zealand, but since we only have a day I'll take the coast of Maine so I can fill up on lobster tails with garlic butter.

gini
10-31-2003, 01:02 PM
Hey - it is a "virtual" day of vacation. We can go anywhere you like and stay as long as you want.

ICELAND
ENGLAND (without crud)
IRELAND
NEW ZEALAND
AUSTRALIA
MAINE (with lobsters)

RICHARD
10-31-2003, 01:12 PM
Hey - it is a "virtual" day of vacation. We can go anywhere you like and stay as long as you want.

ICELAND
ENGLAND (without crud)
IRELAND
NEW ZEALAND
AUSTRALIA
MAINE (with lobsters)

BRAZIL with BATHING SUITS!!

slick
10-31-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
BRAZIL with BATHING SUITS!!
Men!!!! It's all about the swimsuit competition isn't it????;) ;)

RICHARD
10-31-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by slick
Men!!!! It's all about the swimsuit competition isn't it????;) ;)

who said anything about competition?

I think there will be eye candy for the gals too...

sheesh,

drop me off in australia....:D

zippy-kat
10-31-2003, 02:01 PM
"Of all the places where the Carnival
Was most facetious in the days of yore,
For dance, and song, and serenade, and ball,
And masque, and mime, and mystery, and more
Than I have time to tell now, or at all,
Venice the bell from every city bore,
and at the moment when I fix my story,
That sea-born city was in all her glory."
~ Lord George Byron

Just drop me off at the Accademia Gallery and the Marciano Museum, please. *dreamy sigh*

gini
10-31-2003, 02:04 PM

drop me off in australia....:D

And we can capture Miss Meow!!!

Randi
10-31-2003, 02:17 PM
Travelling is my thing, so I'm definately joining this. ;) I'd like to go to Dominican Republic again, the weather is great and you can go snorkling. The hotel standard is above average I'd say, but still it's cheap. One of my reasons for choosing this destination is that I can brush up my spanish! :eek:

There's one place we must not miss there - that's Cafe Cito in Puerto Plata, owned by a canadian ex consul - a real nice guy! :D

If you like to smoke cigars, I have a real good connection there. ;)

Oh, and if you like Pina Coladas, they know how to make them!!

slick
10-31-2003, 02:19 PM
who said anything about competition?
It's just a "figure" of speech.......I was kidding......

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-31-2003, 03:29 PM
I want to go to Norway and Poland and while I'm over that way, I may as well stop in to see Randi in Denmark and Vio in Moldova, and anybody else in that part of the country. Then I'd love to see Russia. Oh, and I don't want the typical tourist destinations in any of these spots. I want to see the "real" country and the "real" people that live and work there - oops, add Belgium to the list so I can visit Lut and Niina!

I have Norwegian and Polish roots and I've always wanted to visit those countries. Terry doesn't understand (he's smitten with Germany) so it's highly unlikely that I'll ever really get there, so this virtual trip will be fantastic!

Thanks Richard, I didn't know you were rich, but now that I think about it, I guess your real name is Ard and the Rich in front of it is telling us all we need to know. ;) :p :D

RICHARD
10-31-2003, 03:30 PM
It's just a "figure" of speech.......I was kidding......

lol......:p

very punny!

RICHARD
10-31-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
[

Just drop me off at the Accademia Gallery and the Marciano Museum, please. *dreamy sigh*

At the CHERRY Museum??????:confused:

Cincy'sMom
10-31-2003, 03:51 PM
And we can capture Miss Meow!!!

And Captain too!!! If we are in Austraila I want to see the Spotty dogs!!!

2kitties
10-31-2003, 04:05 PM
Can we make it down to Belize for a little scuba in the Blue Hole? That would be great. And those who don't scuba could hang out in San Pedro for a while. Then we could meet for some mai tai by the pool. I'd like some conch fritters if you please. Maybe some oysters and some fresh catch.

Ah, I love this thursday!

Corinna
10-31-2003, 04:10 PM
Can we visit the scottish moors so I can see where my ancesters came from?
What is being served bar keep?

RICHARD
10-31-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
Can we visit the scottish moors so I can see where my ancesters came from?
What is being served bar keep?

IRISH WHISKEY????;)

let me think...

remember it's kinda crowded in the CONCORDE so be prepared to get to know your seat neighbor.

slick
10-31-2003, 06:34 PM
Today has been one of the worst days at work. Is the bar open??? I could use some company, some humour and a drink.

zippy-kat
10-31-2003, 06:44 PM
Today has been one of the worst days at work. Is the bar open??? I could use some company, some humour and a drink.

I'm here slick and I could use some of the same. :)

Edwina's Secretary
10-31-2003, 06:44 PM
So Slick....what did the masochist say to the sadist....

Beat me, beat me....

and what did the sadist say....

no.

I'm having a nice French Chardonnay while waiting for my husband to get home (he says the merlot is his :( :rolleyes: )

slick
10-31-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
So Slick....what did the masochist say to the sadist....

Beat me, beat me....

and what did the sadist say....

no.
LOL :D It's like an ex-friend of mine used to say "beat me, beat me, I feel cheap!!"

OOps, sorry I know this is a respectable bra....I mean bar.

Tonya: I'd like to help myself and get you one, but I don't have the keys to the liquor cabinet. I think either MOFF or Catland has the spare set. For now, water it is. We'll be celebrating your 5,000 next week.:) :) Glad to see you are on board with us again. Nice to have you back.

gini
10-31-2003, 07:31 PM
All of the reports that were due today are done - it has been a long day. And when I went to the post office IT IS RAINING IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA RIGHT NOW!

I don't usually get quite so excited about rain - but I am sure everyone will know why I am ecstatic!

Alright Richard - bring on the Meyer's............yum!!

And don't forget on the Concorde (gosh, thanks, Richard, for leasing it) you can order ANYTHING you want!

The intinerary is coming along, but there is still plenty of time to put in your request for anywhere in the world!

RICHARD
10-31-2003, 11:24 PM
All of the reports that were due today are done - it has been a long day. And when I went to the post office IT IS RAINING IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA RIGHT NOW!

I don't usually get quite so excited about rain - but I am sure everyone will know why I am ecstatic!

Alright Richard - bring on the Meyer's............yum!!

And don't forget on the Concorde (gosh, thanks, Richard, for leasing it) you can order ANYTHING you want!

The intinerary is coming along, but there is still plenty of time to put in your request for anywhere in the world!

lol,

gini...i'm almost tempted to let eddie out so i can chase him around the yard.....

What a blessing!!!!

help yourselves folks.....I am online because it was a tough day....

I'll fill you all in later...

Check out the news and the shooting at the Van Nuys courthouse...

Guess WHO was supposed to be on Jury Duty this week????

At that same courthouse!!!!!

Get your dream places ready for next week!!!!!

;)

zanzanfergie
10-31-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
And Captain too!!! If we are in Austraila I want to see the Spotty dogs!!!
And me too?
Eliza has spots, and she's a quasi-dog!! :D

popcornbird
11-01-2003, 01:41 AM
I want to go to Australia please! Must see Zanzanfergie and her precious birdies, Austin and Lachie........and of course Captain Crunch's pink, non-spotted feathered baby!

cloverfdx
11-01-2003, 06:25 AM
Can you pick me and the mutts up whilst in Australia aswell?

Ohhhhh Ireland *Sighs* i cant wait. Can we please go to Canada as well and NZ *Sighs even more* (i want to visit a friend of mine in NZ who wont be home for another 3 years).

ill be happy aslong as you have Midori illusions in the shaker though none of the bottled stuff :D thankyou

mahayana
11-01-2003, 07:47 AM
Wow! Fjords, I've always wanted to see them. Can we take a ride in a Viking ship? Also, let's check out the Ryukyu Islands.

lbaker
11-01-2003, 08:58 AM
Marciano Museum in Venice Zip? I knew the French had a thing for Jerry Lewis but didn't know about the Italians & old boxing legions :rolleyes: And where would I like to go? hmmm right now back in time sounds OK or maybe to the second star on the right to NeverNever land. Lobster with drawn butter sounds good and maybe some scones with clotted cream while in England. But I'm tired right now and need to smooth some cats & walk the dogs on this lovely Fall morn. By the way, I enjoyed the Halloween Party but guess you guys couldn't see me in my Lamont Cranston costume (aka The Shadow).

dukedogsmom
11-01-2003, 10:16 AM
How about England and Austrailia? That way I can get the best of both of the accents.

Cincy'sMom
11-01-2003, 10:21 AM
I would mind going back to Cozumel, where Ralph and I went for our Honeymoon!

luckies4me
11-01-2003, 12:37 PM
I've always wanted to go to Costa Rica, or Africa to see the beautiful animals! I would also like to spend a little time in Australia and New Zealand.....or wherever Orlando Bloom happens to be shooting his next movie! :D

I know this sounds silly but can I stop in the US in California to visit with my sis for just a bit? Please? I haven't seen her in so long.

As far as what I want to eat, well since I won't be able to get a sitter Dylan will have to come with me. :o So make that some grahm crackers, a gallon of 2% milk, some 7 grain bread and mild cheddar cheese with real chicken breast slices, and spinach for our sandwhiches. Some nice ceasar salad, with pieces of salmon, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and croutons! :D Have to have Calamari, and stuffed grape leaves, deep fried cheese sticks and some artichoke with butter! And for my main course, a nice big plate of Parmesan (sp?) Salmon with wild grain rice and creamy garlic mash potatoes! I'll make sure to eat breakfast before we leave!

Geez, I don't ask for much do I?:p

popcornbird
11-01-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me

I know this sounds silly but can I stop in the US in California to visit with my sis for just a bit? Please? I haven't seen her in so long.

You don't have to ask for that. All you have to do is get in a car and drive down, for quite a few hours. :p He he he

momoffuzzyfaces
11-01-2003, 04:46 PM
Sorry, I don't/won't fly even cyberly. I tried it once in a small twin engine Cessna? I will never do it again. I'll wait until I get to heaven and get my wings before I get my old behind off the ground again. I'll just stay here and fix my own stuff this week. Thanks for the offer though.

slick
11-01-2003, 04:56 PM
I'll keep you company MOFF. I'll get the pilot to swing by and let me off mid-stream. Then you and I can cook up ourselves a mess of lobster that I bring back. The rest can carry on with their world tour. Sound OK??? We can look after the bar and make sure it's fully stocked for when the crowd returns.

gini
11-01-2003, 04:57 PM
Well, MOFF, I have never been to Kansas. Do you think you could handle all of us coming to visit you? We don't want to leave anyone out of the fun especially a regular at Thursdays. And we could bring you food and your choice of any drink. It would probably be written up in your local newspaper too.:D

gini
11-01-2003, 04:59 PM
see....great minds think alike.........only a minute apart in posting.

Did we jump you MOFF or what?:)

slick
11-01-2003, 05:04 PM
I've never been to Kansas. In fact, the rest of the world doesn't really interest me that much (except Australia). There is so much more in the US and Canada I'd like to see. Should I just click my heels 3 times??

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-02-2003, 09:12 AM
I've got a great idea! Terry and I will just stop by in the motorhome, pick everybody up and we'll criss cross the country! A lot of celebs these days who don't like to fly by motorhomes, so we'll be the PT Celebrity Bus! :D

slick
11-02-2003, 09:46 AM
Sounds great Debbie, that way MOFF can come with us. Yeah!!!!! Thanks for make the "bus" available. I'll gladly pitch in for gas money. Just one thing though. Do you have a humungeous pot for the lobsters?? If not, I can bring one.

amoore
11-02-2003, 10:42 AM
I would like to see the French Pyrenees, also spend time in the tropics, and see beautiful birds and flowers. Are the daffodils blooming in Australia yet? Pack some pina colada mix and stuffed jalepenos for me!

KYS
11-02-2003, 11:22 AM
This is a lovely idea.

England to visit my friend,
A quick stop in
Texas, to visit another friend who
is going through some rough times.
And if nobody minds,
Could we stop off at Hawaii so
I can just relax and get rid of
some of this darn stress! :)
Food:
I'm trying to be healthy. :rolleyes:
How about a Tuna sandwhich and a glass
of low fat milk.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-02-2003, 12:17 PM
Well, MOFF, I have never been to Kansas. Do you think you could handle all of us coming to visit you? We don't want to leave anyone out of the fun especially a regular at Thursdays. And we could bring you food and your choice of any drink. It would probably be written up in your local newspaper too.:D
Sure!!! Come on over. We even have a small airport. I can take you all to the Fort and maybe our resident ghost will make an appearance.

I have a big yard and the weather is in the 70s right now. We could have a fall wiener roast. We could cook Slick's lobsters over an open fire PLUS: I have TONS of leaves that need raked if you get bored.:D

gini
11-02-2003, 12:36 PM
As Richard would say

DONE!

Lookout, MOFF, here we come with rakes in hand and a hunger for some lobsters and hotdogs.

slick
11-02-2003, 01:01 PM
MMMMMMMM I'm getting hungry. When does the bus leave??? Is it Thursday yet??? We have to make sure someone else beside Richard handles the mustard.:D

Corinna
11-02-2003, 11:37 PM
Cute Richard you trying to start a war? Can I change my request how about some where warm . Halloween it was 6 degrees Farinhit and we are expecting 10" of snow to night. How about Jamacia?

catland
11-03-2003, 11:36 AM
as long as we have the concord and are going to the southern hemisphere - can we stop off in Antartica? I've always wanted to see the emperor penquins up close and personal.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-04-2003, 11:33 AM
As Richard would say

DONE!

Lookout, MOFF, here we come with rakes in hand and a hunger for some lobsters and hotdogs.
Gosh, it's awfully quiet in here. Have you all left for parts unknown all ready?

Bring your jackets and coats when you stop here. Our warm spell is ending and the temp will be in the low 50s. Perfect for a bon fire!!! I have plenty of marshmallows and hot chocolate though! Will that go with lobster?:D

gini
11-04-2003, 11:40 AM
Right this moment some lobster and hot chocolate might make me go to that little room that says "occupied" when you enter and close the door.

I wasn't feeling great yesterday - and today I know why - full blown cold, chills, chest congestion....sinuses a mess!

I hope we can round up a real Dr. before Thursday!

To drink - HOT TEA!!

slick
11-04-2003, 11:42 AM
Sorry you're not feeling well Gini. How about a hot toddy to start the day instead of tea??

momoffuzzyfaces
11-04-2003, 11:44 AM

To drink - HOT TEA!! What a bummer to be sick! Maybe Rich can fix you a hot toddy to help perk you up? (or put you to sleep in my case). Hot Tea with honey and lemon is the next best thing though.

:D Slick seems we had the same idea. Great minds think alike, huh?;)

slick
11-04-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Slick seems we had the same idea. Great minds think alike, huh?;) [/B]
Hmmmm....maybe we've been hanging out in the bar too long ;) ;)

RICHARD
11-04-2003, 12:36 PM
Hmmmm....maybe we've been hanging out in the bar too long ;) ;)

NEVER!!!

A toddy for Gini!

DONE.

slick
11-04-2003, 01:09 PM
Richard, for Thursday, since we'll be travelling 30,000 ft in the air may I be so bold as to suggest the DOTD.

Flying High

- 3 oz Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
- 9 oz Mountain Dew

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-04-2003, 01:57 PM
Flying High

- 3 oz Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
- 9 oz Mountain Dew
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Do you realize that's 3 shots of booze and the rest MD in a 12 oz pop can? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I guess the DOTD needs to be a bit strong to compensate for the elevation? ;) :D

BTW (by the way) sounds yummy! :D

RICHARD
11-04-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Do you realize that's 3 shots of booze and the rest MD in a 12 oz pop can? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I guess the DOTD needs to be a bit strong to compensate for the elevation? ;) :D

BTW (by the way) sounds yummy! :D

ELEVATION????

How's about ORBIT????

lol, on second thought that sounds more like anesthesia!!

Flying high, it is!!!!:eek:

RICHARD
11-04-2003, 05:38 PM
Ding Ding...
this is the Captain speaking.....

Just a reminder.

The Pet Talk world tour will be leaving tomorrow morning from gate #1.

Please have your tickets ready.

thank you!

slick
11-04-2003, 05:45 PM
Oh no...tomorrow is Wednesday and I don't even have my bags packed yet.......

maybe I'll just shove myself into a suitcase....get..it?....pack your bag?

I'm too funny for words today :D :D :D

RICHARD
11-04-2003, 05:48 PM
Oh no...tomorrow is Wednesday and I don't even have my bags packed yet.......

maybe I'll just shove myself into a suitcase....get..it?....pack your bag?

I'm too funny for words today :D :D :D

WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH ME TODAY??

lol, I thought today was wednesday!!!!!

Well, we have to take into consideration the International Date Line....

slick
11-04-2003, 05:54 PM
So who's the pilot of this Concorde and is the flight plan put into place? There are alot of places to visit on this "special" journey.;)

gini
11-04-2003, 06:05 PM
O.K., so the travel agent for this adventure (s) got a bad cold.

So the actual itinerary isn't in its final form.

Besides (ahem) Richard, it IS only Tuesday and there is plenty of time to take more travel requests.

When you take a regular flight on say, United Airlines or American do you say "who's the pilot for this flight?"
:D :D

MEMO: pilot, yeah, remember to book a pilot.

mahayana
11-04-2003, 06:13 PM
"you know the day destroys the night;
night divides the day.
try to run!
try to hide!
break on thru, to the other side!' JM

so when does the party start, officially?

gini
11-04-2003, 06:25 PM
Thursdays belong to Richard.......his is always our gracious host.

Perhaps we should let him decide (although he thinks this is Wednesday already-hmmm) when the party starts.

slick
11-04-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by mahayana
"you know the day destroys the night;
night divides the day.
try to run!
try to hide!
break on thru, to the other side!' JM

so when does the party start, officially?

Welcome to Dick's Place! You'll have a lot of fun and laughs, and I do believe they serve vegetarian food here :D :D

PS: I love Jim........I was a Doors fan way back when.....too long to mention :eek:

mahayana
11-04-2003, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Slick. Guess I assumed that the plane would have a salad bar, bowls of salted nuts, fresh fruit, etc. Hope the folks from my thread don't overindulge on that TVP food though, inside the plane on a long trip. (Tofu is about the only soy that doesn't give me social problems).

I attended a Doors concert at Saratoga, NY once...same tour where he did the strip-tease in Florida. There was a lot of magic around back then, hah. Can I bring a CD of "Workingman's Dead?" Assuming you or Richard will bring along JM...

lbaker
11-05-2003, 06:46 AM
It appears our pilot has been sampling the DOTD (that's DRINK folks, not Dog :eek: ). I'm feeling a bit "Old & In The Way" myself Mahayana, just a little "Touch of Gray" is getting into my brain. I think Uncle John's Band is going to be providing the tunes on the plane........... YES! I want to fly away....... I want to flyyyyy away - now please.

slick
11-05-2003, 09:27 AM
Whoa Laurie....are you OK :eek: :eek: Easy does it mate. There's still another day to go before the plane takes off. Mahayana, got any of that soy protein drink for her?? Gray?? You haven't met me yet :D :D

Richard, it's Wednesday today in case you're wondering. Heads up everyone. It's only 7:25 am here on the West Coast. We had -3 deg overnight but now the sunrise is beautiful and it's going to be a clear day.

Corinna
11-05-2003, 09:51 AM
hey I found a cover up for grey it's called frosting . I have been making the child who caused it to do my touch ups every couple of months. I'm afraid it's to get worse she is driving me nuts with her wedding plans. Yhank God I only had one girl. My son had better find a rich girl .

RICHARD
11-05-2003, 11:18 AM
I got Chuck Yeager to fly the plane....

LOL, I wanted Sean Tucker to fly us but....

http://www.musclebiplane.org/htmlfile/tucker.htm

staying with in the PT bounds of good taste it's time to emBARK on our journey.....

2kitties
11-05-2003, 11:35 AM
Help! I've got a nasty cold so please serve me up something healthy.
What's better for a cold? Whiskey or a screwdriver or a bloody? What the hell, give me all three.

RICHARD
11-05-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by 2kitties
Help! I've got a nasty cold so please serve me up something healthy.
What's better for a cold? Whiskey or a screwdriver or a bloody? What the hell, give me all three.

lol, you have the prescription right but you start with the bloody mary, screwdriver then the whiskey..

DONE!

Will you still be able to fly?

slick
11-05-2003, 11:49 AM
I say give her a DOTD, then she'll be flying high......

Do the Dew.....:D :D

zippy-kat
11-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Can I have an early Thurs. celebration? I start my new job on Monday. :D

The best part...... THEY'LL PAY FOR MY TUITION!!!!
(The casual off-at-3PM-Fridays aren't too shabby either!)

Logan
11-05-2003, 01:09 PM
Congratulations, Tonya!!! :) Now remind us exactly what you are going to be doing!! Good luck on MOnday!!!! :)

RICHARD
11-05-2003, 01:09 PM
Can I have an early Thurs. celebration? I start my new job on Monday. :D

The best part...... THEY'LL PAY FOR MY TUITION!!!!
(The casual off-at-3PM-Fridays aren't too shabby either!)

Flying high for Zippy....

DONE!

congrats on the new job....remember to pack your lunch the first few days, wear your best duds and
smile....

Btw,

Ruby LaRue sends best wishes.

slick
11-05-2003, 01:16 PM
Yes Tonya, please let us know what you will be doing. Sorry if you've mentioned it before, I'm middle-aged, you know.:(

zippy-kat
11-05-2003, 01:17 PM
I can't remember if I told you guys or not! >blonde moment<

Anyways, I'll be the branch office administrator (trainee) for Edward Jones. :)

slick
11-05-2003, 01:19 PM
Sorry, but.....who is Edward Jones and is he single???:D

RICHARD
11-05-2003, 01:21 PM

Anyways, I'll be the branch office administrator (trainee) for Edward Jones. :)

What kind of tree???
:rolleyes:

babolaypo65
11-05-2003, 01:22 PM
CONGRATS ZIP!!

amoore
11-05-2003, 01:33 PM
How about a spanish coffee ? Before we take off ! :D

RICHARD
11-05-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by amoore
How about a spanish coffee ? Before we take off ! :D

spanish coffee!!!

DONE!

LOL,

Since I am not familiar with the bar here at the VIP loungue of this airport your drinks may be a bit slow.....

slick
11-05-2003, 01:39 PM
Since I am not familiar with the bar here at the VIP loungue of this airport your drinks may be a bit slow.....

Slow Gin it is!! :eek:

Logan
11-05-2003, 01:49 PM
I do know that Edward Jones is a brokerage firm. I have several friends who work for them, and wish that I had more money to invest!!! :o

Good luck, Tonya!!! I hope it is a great situation for you!!! :)

babolaypo65
11-05-2003, 01:53 PM
It's freezing here! I need a spanish coffee too!

2kitties
11-05-2003, 02:09 PM
Can I get mine with a funnel?

RICHARD
11-05-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by 2kitties
Can I get mine with a funnel?

ahhhhh, sure.....

funnel??? ;)

Please don't drink like the kids on spring break!!
It hurts just to watch....:)

SC w/funnel....DONE!

p.s. I had to make a special trip to the mechanic's area to get a funnel.......

Don't worry I got a clean one, no jet fuel on it!!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-05-2003, 03:48 PM
By the way, before you all go flying off into the wild blue yonder ... rumor has it our bar keep is having a (whisper.. ) birthday tomorrow. I want to drink a toast to him ... I have my own tea today ... so Richard ... have a great day. (there are 4 cats now lifting their glasses of cat nip tea in your honor and me with my regular one). YIPEEEEEE!!!:D

slick
11-05-2003, 03:51 PM
By the way, before you all go flying off into the wild blue yonder ... rumor has it our bar keep is having a (whisper.. ) birthday tomorrow. I want to drink a toast to him ... I have my own tea today ... so Richard ... have a great day. (there are 4 cats now lifting their glasses of cat nip tea in your honor and me with my regular one). YIPEEEEEE!!!:D

MOFF, you let the cat out the bag..... :D :D Shhhhh, don't tell anyone else about the "special" entertainment planned....tee hee hee

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-05-2003, 04:09 PM
MOFF, you let the cat out the bag..... :D :D Shhhhh, don't tell anyone else about the "special" entertainment planned....tee hee hee

Ok, you guys, what special entertainment! :eek:

RICHARD
11-05-2003, 04:29 PM
Ok, you guys, what special entertainment! :eek:

Sean Tucker is going to do 16 point barrel rolls and hammer head stalls in the Concorde.....:eek:

amoore
11-05-2003, 04:53 PM
That is really gooood coffee Richard !
Happy Bithday somebody ! :D

slick
11-05-2003, 06:03 PM
Sean Tucker is going to do 16 point barrel rolls and hammer head stalls in the Concorde.....:eek:

:eek: :eek: I'd better bring some extra pairs of underwear for this one.

lbaker
11-05-2003, 06:16 PM
ZIP my dear, you can have anything you want and I'll serve it myself.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-05-2003, 06:20 PM
OOPS!!! Didn't mean to let the cat out of the bagel (to quote Rugrats). Don't know nothin' 'bout no special entertainment though.
I think I'm glad I'm staying on the ground! :eek:

carole
11-05-2003, 06:35 PM
Hey I want to be picked up down this end please, and taken to Canada, I want to visit that shopping mall in Edmonton, and shop until I DROP., and the Canadian Rockies and all the other beautiful places there, maybe I can hop over the border to USA as well, I would love to re-visit Disneyland, I am sure it has exploded since my last visit over 20 yrs ago.:)

Aren't dreams wonderful, thanks for indulging us Gini and Richard.:D :cool:

mahayana
11-05-2003, 06:54 PM
May I have a Black Russian before we depart? That is my nostalgic favorite, haven't had one in years!

And please accept this bottle of apricot brandy. I sometimes like a splash of it in a tall glass of iced orange juice, just enough to add the aroma. Bon voyage!

A toast to jocularity (even inanity) and joie de vivre!

RICHARD
11-05-2003, 07:14 PM

LOL, at the airshows I have been to I have seen Tucker cut a ribbon 20 feet off the ground while flying upside down!!
It's so crazy that I HAVE to remind myself to breathe after that trick....

MOFF,
cat outta the bagel??? I had one at work and somehow Ed's hair traveled all the way here to settle on it.:eek:
cat magic!

Laurie,

relax and enjoy the ride!

Carole,

They last time I went to Disneyland was about 26 years ago.....check this out.....I have a friend who live about two miles from there...when I go visit him I drive right by the entrance...
I have no excuse for not going since then....

We are going to disneyland!!!;)

Dreams are what keep us awake!

Mahayana,

Welcome and a BR its is......

DONE.....

p.s. we spell 'inanity' with an 's'- It's insanity around here.

Babo ,

DAMN! I missed your drink order!!!

SORRY!!! Here are some flowers w/your order.

DONE!!

I have arranged for everyone to bypass customs and all the other time consuming hold-ups.......For our friends who will not be flying I think what we will do is end the 'air portion' of the trip in New York and travel by bus back to Los Angeles.....

Remember that we will probably come be back NEXT THURSDAY so be prepared to travel for the next week or so.

Corinna
11-05-2003, 10:15 PM
Hey whos bringing Richard's Litter box cake???!!!!! I think he should have the 1st day of adventure for his places . So richard where are we going Thursday?

captain
11-05-2003, 10:49 PM
K - bags are packed and ready.

PCB - Jo is sooooo excited to be meeting you at last
AND
the spotty ones cannot wait to meet everyone ...... anyone....... someone ......... please pat me ............. let me sit on your foot .......... are you gonna eat that??? ..............

zanzanfergie, cloverfdx ......... (gini, I will hijack Miss Meow) ....... lets meet somewhere central!

My country of choice is USA - anywhere - Texas first - gotta be BIG!!! and then if we could just stop in at South Africa ....?

slick
11-06-2003, 11:01 AM
OK, I'm here with packed bags in hand. Looking forward to some stress-free time off. I'll go anywhere you want to take me but after that drop me off at MOFF's place so I can help her prepare for the upcoming crowd.

Brrrrr, freezing cold here this morning. Spanish coffee please, if the airport bar is open this early :D :D

Where is the Man of the Hour???

RICHARD
11-06-2003, 11:22 AM
lol....

Slick,

Spanish coffee, DONE!!!

All aboard!!!

I think we will start here in los angeles and
head over to hawaii for a start......

I need everyone's help to coordinate this trip.....Geography wasn't my strong suit in school
so when we head in your direction YELL!!!

thanks!!!!

catland
11-06-2003, 11:26 AM
wow - I'm running late - I hope I didn't miss the plane.

Can I join Slick with the Spanish Coffee?

RICHARD
11-06-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by catland
wow - I'm running late - I hope I didn't miss the plane.

Can I join Slick with the Spanish Coffee?

Nope you made it!!!

You got it!!!!

Spanish Coffee.....DONE!

babolaypo65
11-06-2003, 12:17 PM
Flowers with my coffee! and on YOUR birthday even! how sweet!:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-06-2003, 12:19 PM
For our friends who will not be flying I think what we will do is end the 'air portion' of the trip in New York and travel by bus back to Los Angeles.....

Ok, so I'll tell Terry to be in New York with the motorhome about Monday? That way we'll have enough time to get to Kansas by Thursday. However, we'll have to rent some Limos because I'm absolutely positive that Terry will get nowhere even near the airport in New York. We'll have to go to him. Can you see this big-*ss motorhome driving down the streets of New York? Too funny! ;) :D But instead of Limos, maybe we can all sky dive out of the Concorde into a field. I'll have Terry pick a field and tell us which one. Then he - and the EMT's - can be standing by for when we "drop" in. ;) :D :eek: :D

I'm up for just a plain ol' Coke with ice and a straw right now. First one this morning didn't quite do it so I'm going to need another.....

Oh, and I'm still waiting for the "special" entertainment! :D

RICHARD
11-06-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
Flowers with my coffee! and on YOUR birthday even! how sweet!:)

you're welcome!!

T&P...

lolololol..

I'll HAVE to be the last one out....to make sure
that no one balks!!!!

One coke, ice and straw....

DONE!

gini
11-06-2003, 12:38 PM
maybe we can all sky dive out of the Concorde into a field.

Is that the one where you hit the field before the parachute opens? Yeah, I thought so - the Concorde special I think it is called.

Bad flu/cold has kept me pretty quiet, but it looks like everyone's plans are coming together nicely.

Everyone the Concorde leaves shortly going WEST from Los Angeles to HAWAII - first stop.........as per Richard....which Island do you prefer?

I think I need a large MAI TAI............with Meyers Rum please.....that ought to kill a cold dontcha think?

RICHARD
11-06-2003, 12:52 PM
Is that the one where you hit the field before the parachute opens? Yeah, I thought so - the Concorde special I think it is called.

Everyone the Concorde leaves shortly going WEST from Los Angeles to HAWAII - first stop.........as per Richard....which Island do you prefer?

I think I need a large MAI TAI............with Meyers Rum please.....that ought to kill a cold dontcha think?

Oh,
I'm not worried about the landing...It's the way they cinch those straps on the parachute between your legs!!!! Triple YIKES!!!!

lololololololol....

Mai Tai, Meyers.....

Done!!

Gini,

Since you don't feel well you don't have to play flight attendant on this trip....;)

lynnestankard
11-06-2003, 02:17 PM
HANG ON...............please.............I'm late..............can someone grab this bottle of champagne - for the Birthday boy - thanks.
Oh here's some of that home made Baileys if anyone would like a taste?
Hi everyone - sorry to hold you all up. (Flops in seat * Takes deep beath * )
Crickey that was close. :D :D

Lynne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-06-2003, 02:22 PM
Whew! Glad you made it Lynn! :D I'll take some of that home made Baileys now. Sounds yummy. Cokes have finally kicked in, thanks Richard. BTW, what did you put in that last one? Wish I had a Coke like that every morning. ;) :D

lynnestankard
11-06-2003, 02:43 PM
Right......got my breath back at last - that was a near thing.

I think I'll join Debbie in a Bailey's please bar keep - I KNOW, I KNOW - we won't both fit in the glass :D

Lynne

RICHARD
11-06-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard

I think I'll join Debbie in a Bailey's please bar keep - I KNOW, I KNOW - we won't both fit in the glass :D

Lynne

LOLOLOLOL,
I love it...Everyone's a comedian!!!!

Thanks for the bubbly!!!

T&P,

Nothing at all.....except for the pre-vacation
jitters!!
:)

Two Bailey's for the Ladies, separate glasses, of course!!!! Done!

And if you look out your windows you'll see the waters of the Pacific, next stop Hawaii...

Fiji, NZ and Australia coming on up!!!

Logan
11-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Upon leaving "Merry Ole England" last week, Scott purchased something called Sheridan's Coffee Layered Liquer" at the duty free shop. It is two bottles, hooked together, one a white, vanilla cream liquer, and the other a coffe liquer. They pour out together and end up in layers in the glass. Far too sweet for my taste (but I did taste it). :) My favorite "treat" was the package of Absolut Vodka "mini" bottles, just a taste of five different flavors. The "pepper" was definitely my favorite!!!! :)

I think I'll stick to champagne today, bartender. In honor of your birthday, of course!!! :)

zippy-kat
11-06-2003, 03:36 PM

Lynne

Technically, you could fit... check it out:
http://images.worldres.com/property/a12000/12407/room.jpg

(saw it in a bridal magazine)

My question is... do you see how 'dirty' the water looks? How often do they clean that sucker?:eek:

slick
11-06-2003, 03:50 PM
*run* *run* *run* *jump* *grunt* *out of breath*

OK, I'm back. Sorry, had to leave on short notice. Internet was down......I curse you IT people :D :D Ooops, wait a minute, I'm one of those....
I guess I missed most of Hawaii, good thing, I forgot to pack my sunblock. Goody, looking forward to Auzzieland.

Lynn and Debbie: get that Baileys foam out of your hair :D I do hope you are both appropriately attired in that glass.

Gini: sorry you are still not feeling well. Can I get you anything? I'd be pleased to play airline hostess.

Richard: sit down. It's your day. What can I get you?? Coffee, Tea, or.........

RICHARD
11-06-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Logan
My favorite "treat" was the package of Absolut Vodka "mini" bottles, just a taste of five different flavors. The "pepper" was definitely my favorite!!!! :)

I think I'll stick to champagne today, bartender. In honor of your birthday, of course!!! :)

Of course!!!

DONE!!!

Zip,

Is that a single issue or do you have a SUBSCRIPTION to that wedding mag????

yes it does look kinda dingy....:eek:

Slick,

A BM.....oops! Bloody mary!!!

thanks!!!

Oh, my toes in that hot sand!!!!!

slick
11-06-2003, 04:05 PM
Slick,

A BM.....oops! Bloody mary!!!

thanks!!!

DONE!! Good thing you clarified that :D

Did you at least get any recognition at work today??? Or would even want any???

RICHARD
11-06-2003, 04:23 PM

Did you at least get any recognition at work today???

YES!!!
quite a few people recognized the fact that I'm the guy that works in the office down the hall and we don't talk to him.....;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-06-2003, 04:30 PM
(saw it in a bridal magazine)

My question: Why is Zippy reading bridal magazines??!??! Come on Zip, inquiring minds want to know! ;) :D

Does that glass have jets like a jacuzzi? If so

<leans back and lets bubbles come up to chin>
So Lynn, this Baileys is wonderful! And how are things with you lately....
<looks over edge of glass and sees others looking on enviously from their airline seats>
Sorry guys, this glass only fits two loosely or 3 snuggly, so you'll all just have to wait your turn. ;) :D

Richard, this is an awesome Concorde you've rented. Who was to know they had a champagne glass jacuzzi on board! :D

slick
11-06-2003, 04:37 PM
So in honour of your birthday Richard, I've invited a very special guest. Everyone, please welcome Nigella Lawson!!!!

**applaud** ** applaud**

Nigella: "Thank you Slick. Richard, I understand that I was part of your fantasy perfect mate and I'm very flattered so I agreed to make this lovely cake in honour of your special day."

**leans down and gives Richard and kiss and hands him the cake**

"On days when I want the warmth of the hearth rather than the hurly burly of the city streets I stay in and read cookery books, and this recipe comes from just the sort of book that gives most succour, Classic Home Desserts by Richard Sax. The cake itself (which was the pudding I made for last New Year's Eve dinner) is as richly, rewardingly sustaining: a melting, dark flourless chocolate base, the sort that sinks damply on cooling; the fallen centre is then cloudily filled with softly whipped cream, and sprinkled with cocoa powder. As Richard Sax says 'intensity, then relief, in each bite'."

CHOCOLATE CLOUD CAKE

Ingredients:

250g dark chocolate minimum 70% cocoa solids
125g unsalted butter, softened
6 eggs: 2 whole, 4 separated
175g caster sugar: 75g in the cake, 100g in whites
2 tbspns Cointreau (optional)
grated zest of an orange (optional)
23cm springform cake tin
Cream topping:

500ml double cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbspn Cointreau (optional)
half tsp unsweetened cocoa powder for sprinkling
Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4.

Line the bottom of a 23cm Springform cake tin with baking parchment. Melt the chocolate either in a double boiler or a microwave, and then let the butter melt in the warm chocolate.

Beat the 2 whole eggs and 4 egg yolks with 75g caster sugar, then gently add the chocolate mixture, the Cointreau and orange zest.

In another bowl, whisk the 4 egg whites until foamy, then gradually add the 100g of sugar and whisk until the whites are holding their shape but not too stiff. Lighten the chocolate mixture with a dollop of egg whites, and then fold in the rest of the whites. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until the cake is risen and cracked and the centre is no longer wobbly. Cool the cake in it's tin on a wire rack; the middle will sink as it cools.

When you are ready to eat, place the still tin-bound cake on a cake stand or plate for serving and carefully remove the cake from its tin. Don't worry about cracks or rough edges: it's the crater look we're going for here. Whip the cream until soft and then add the vanilla and Cointreau and continue whisking until the cream is firm but not stiff. Fill the crater of the cake with the whipped cream, easing it out gently towards the edges of the cake, and dust the top lightly with cocoa powder pushed through a tea-strainer.

Serves 8-12

"Everyone, come 'round and literally "grab" yourself a piece of intense pleasure."

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-06-2003, 04:51 PM
"Everyone, come 'round and literally "grab" yourself a piece of intense pleasure."

Ummm....guess I'll get out of the Jacuzzi...... :eek: :eek:

;) :D

RICHARD
11-06-2003, 05:04 PM
So in honour of your birthday Richard, I've invited a very special guest. Everyone, please welcome Nigella Lawson!!!!

lolololol.....

oh man, I HAVE NOT LAUGHED THAT HARD IN A LONG TIME. *heart be still* man oh man, THAT WAS FUNNY!!!

T&P,
Just don't smack your head in the roof when you climb out, o.k.?

I think the 'intense pleasure' refers to the cake....:eek: we are, after all "in the clouds"..

Come on everyone,

We can make it to Fiji for dinner!!!

Everyone is soooooo quiet.......what's the matter?

Would anyone object if I had another peck on the cheek from Ms. Lawson???:o

Logan
11-06-2003, 05:05 PM
Gotta watch that language, Richard!!! :eek: I think I'm much more comfortable with BM standing for Bloody Mary than the alternative (and I'm not talking about Big Mac :p )

catland
11-06-2003, 05:09 PM
Sorry I've been so quiet. I've actually had to use my laptop here on the plane to get some work done. :eek: I'll try to be more fun. :)

Let's not get to Fiji too soon, its on the other side of the international date line and your birthday will be over.:( Can you ask the pilot to make a stop over at the cook islands or in French Polynesia? It's only lunchtime there.

Lunchtime? - time for another round of drinks.:D

slick
11-06-2003, 05:18 PM
lolololol.....oh man, I HAVE NOT LAUGHED THAT HARD IN A LONG TIME. *heart be still* man oh man, THAT WAS FUNNY!!![B]
Better close your office door, Richard. People will think you are actually having fun at work :D :D

[B]Would anyone object if I had another peck on the cheek from Ms. Lawson???:o

Nigella, it's up to you.

"Why of course Richard. Here, let me just ever-so-gently get that chocolate off your chin....."

iceyshiver21
11-06-2003, 05:22 PM
oh...man oh man..did i see a recipe??? YUM!!!! lol..hello thursday folks! Sorry i havnt been here for a few weeks but....i for some unknown reason couldnt post?! :confused: oh well..its fixed now :D I was umm..naughty today...i didnt feel like going to school...and about 9/10's of the school were already gone...instead my friend austin picked me up and put me in our friend kels freezer...I thought it was rather humorus...lol http://www.angelfire.com/ill/iceyshiver21/DSC00634.JPG

lol nice present Rich!

babolaypo65
11-06-2003, 05:22 PM
Enjoy your present RICHARD!

zippy-kat
11-06-2003, 05:51 PM
My question: Why is Zippy reading bridal magazines??!??! Come on Zip, inquiring minds want to know! ;) :D

:D
You would like to know, wouldn't you? Guess what?! I'm not telling! lol

Actually, I was 'babysitting' my friend's floral shop while she bussed flowers from a funeral parlor to the gravesite. They have a bridal consultation/wedding planner type service so that's where the books/magazines came from.

Shoulda left ya in suspense, it was more exciting! lol;)

RICHARD
11-06-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21
..instead my friend austin picked me up and put me in our friend kels freezer...I thought it was rather humorus...lol http://www.angelfire.com/ill/iceyshiver21/DSC00634.JPG

lol nice present Rich!

THANKS!!!

I know that look!
I have eaten 'budget gourmet' before now THAT'S an oxymoron!

Zip,
Shoot!
I already had a gift picked out!!!
The Polynesian Wedding ceremony attracts more and more foreigners
especially Americans and Japanese. (A famous example among others: Dustin
Hoffman's wedding in 1995).
Indeed, Tahiti and her Islands offer an ideal setting for the most beautiful and
memorable event in one's life.
Organized with a lot of taste by many major hotels of Polynesia, this wedding
has in general no legal*, nor religious worth.
In most cases, it takes place during a honeymoon, or to give a special meaning
to a love relationship or to renew vows for an anniversary.
Couples have the choice between an ancient royal ceremony or a more
traditional occidental one.

Babo,

I sure will! Nigella and cake....life is good!

Thanks Slick,

Yes I am having fun!!

Catland...

French Poly......

I have the hankering for seafood....

Pilot, could you make a left turn here???

DONE!!!!!

slick
11-06-2003, 06:45 PM

I have the hankering for seafood....Pilot, could you make a left turn here???

Ok, let's head on out to MOFF's place. These lobsters are getting "snappy".

Lobster tails with garlic butter all around.

RICHARD
11-06-2003, 06:51 PM
Ok, let's head on out to MOFF's place. These lobsters are getting "snappy".

Lobster tails with garlic butter all around.

OH MAN....

Not THAT much of a left turn!!!!
we still have to get to NZ!!!

LOL, I think that part of the trip will begin when we get back to the states..

Sorry MOFF,
Good things are always saved for last!!

slick
11-06-2003, 06:55 PM
OK. What the he** do I know. I'm just a Canucklehead. I don't know nothing about no geography.......

Can I get a DOTD please??

RICHARD
11-06-2003, 07:15 PM
OK. What the he** do I know. I'm just a Canucklehead. I don't know nothing about no geography.......

Can I get a DOTD please??

DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT BIOLOGY.....

:p

LOL....

flying high....

DONE!!!

slick
11-06-2003, 07:17 PM
Thanks Richard. I'm heading out shortly. Have a nice evening. Hope Eddie gave you a card. Since he's the great escape artist, I figure he's smart enough to go to the store and pick one out.

mahayana
11-07-2003, 06:26 AM
So are we flying over the Pacific now? Don't we need to stop at Hawaii on the way to New Zealand? It's dark out, but I think that's the ocean down there!:confused:

Hey, can I have some of that Concorde grape jelly for my biscuit?

RICHARD
11-07-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by mahayana
So are we flying over the Pacific now? Don't we need to stop at Hawaii on the way to New Zealand? It's dark out, but I think that's the ocean down there!:confused:

Hey, can I have some of that Concorde grape jelly for my biscuit?

lol, sorry about the quick schedule.;)

it's NZ, Australia, and Antartica today, saturday and sunday....on Monday we'll get to south Africa and work our way up the continent.

Concorde Jelly,

DONE!

Slick, a POX on your giving Eddie ideas.

;)

lynnestankard
11-07-2003, 11:50 AM
**oops** fell asleep in this champagne 'thingy'!! Hang on while I haul my a** out!.............................................. .................................................. .......................good grief - thought I'd never get down.

Right what woke me up was - Nigella! Did I actually hear Nigella?!! Whoa!
That's some sassy lady Richard - careful!
I saw her make that Choccy Thingy Cakey on TV - good grief it should have had an 'X' rating!! There's just so much you can do with egg whites!

Feeling peckish - did Slick mention lobster tails? Oh - could manage a little itty bitty champagne too.

Is that Oz down below?..........

Lynne

RICHARD
11-07-2003, 11:57 AM
There's just so much you can do with egg whites!

Feeling peckish - did Slick mention lobster tails? Oh - could manage a little itty bitty champagne too.

Is that Oz down below?..........

Lynne

Egg Whites?:eek:

NZ first, then the land of OZ...

We have to stop in to see Carole first!

A towel, some skin cream and more bubbly....

DONE!!

slick
11-07-2003, 12:01 PM
[BFeeling peckish - did Slick mention lobster tails?[/B]
Wish I could accommodate but the lobsters are still alive in the tank in the cargo area. We have to wait until Monday when we get to MOFF's place to BBQ them up.

How about something intense.....there's still come Nigella cake left.

Richard: you've still go some chocolate on your face. Was it there all night as a "gentle" reminder??? I'm surprised that Eddie didn't lick it off.

RICHARD
11-07-2003, 12:27 PM
Wish I could accommodate but the lobsters are still alive in the tank in the cargo area. We have to wait until Monday when we get to MOFF's place to BBQ them up.

How about something intense.....there's still come Nigella cake left.

Richard: you've still go some chocolate on your face. Was it there all night as a "gentle" reminder??? I'm surprised that Eddie didn't lick it off.

lol,
that's one b-day that will stick in my mind and on
my face for a while..

LOL, i almost had an accident....
Since Lynne fell asleep in the glass I thought I'd look for a place to soak.......

So, those salt water tanks AREN'T therapy tubs....:eek: :rolleyes:

slick
11-07-2003, 01:23 PM
Ouch..... Poor Richard, you sure do have to protect your .....ahem......

If it isn't Eddie and the moths, it's the lobsters. What's a boy to do???:D :D

Is the DOTD still valid for today??

RICHARD
11-07-2003, 01:40 PM
Ouch..... Poor Richard, you sure do have to protect your .....ahem......

If it isn't Eddie and the moths, it's the lobsters. What's a boy to do???:D :D

Is the DOTD still valid for today??

Wear armor???

lololol

DOTD....

DONE!

We are almost at carole's house!!

gini
11-07-2003, 04:28 PM
They won't let me off the plane to meet Carole's family and pets. Carole, you are coming with us aren't you?

Customs said my cough sounded like I would contaminate all of NZ.

We didn't miss Australia did we? Are we swinging back north after this? Just can't miss Captain and Miss Meow.

Richard - there must be something that you can concoct in the bar that is excellent for a bad cold/cough.

I am really sick so I am not sure I read this right.....Richard what are you doing sitting in the lobster tanks? And you brought moths with you?

Slick, keep an eye on him will you?

slick
11-07-2003, 04:30 PM
Slick, keep an eye on him will you?
Would love to but it's glued to my socket :D :D

Where he decides to take a bath is none of my business. Besides, his head is still in the clouds from Nigella's visit.

RICHARD
11-07-2003, 04:53 PM

Customs said my cough sounded like I would contaminate all of NZ.

We didn't miss Australia did we? Are we swinging back north after this? Just can't miss Captain and Miss Meow.

Richard - there must be something that you can concoct in the bar that is excellent for a bad cold/cough.

I am really sick so I am not sure I read this right.....Richard what are you doing sitting in the lobster tanks? And you brought moths with you?

Australia tomorrow and I have a seat set aside for Carole....we are going to disneyland!!!!

lol

When I get sick I get a huge bottle of whiskey, lemon and honey......If I am going to wake up feeling bad I may as well be hung over.
;)

DONE??????

I was looking for a place to relax, Lynne fell asleep in the Jacuzzi/champagne glass and, and....

It's just me getting into trouble again!!!

No moths........none at all!!!

Slick,

Don't worry!! I'll behave.:eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-07-2003, 05:07 PM
When I get sick I get a huge bottle of whiskey, lemon and honey......If

Ditto on the whiskey honey and lemon. After my mom had her heart attack and bypass surgery, she had a horrible cough - not a cold, just a dry hacking cough that they said is not unusual after such surgery. Needless to say coughing was quite painful for her since they slit her from throat to belly button - including the rib cage! :eek: :eek: So she took to drinking hot water with lemon honey and a shot of whisky in it. Now you must know that my mom is not a drinker by any means. She might have a beer maybe every 6 months or so when out to dinner, but other than that none for her thank you very much. So I was kinda shocked when she first told me of this therapy she had found - my dad isn't a drinker either so I was shocked that they actually had whiskey in the house. :eek: :eek: But at that point I was just glad she found something to make her feel better, and it's not like she did like Richard and over-indulged :p , she'd have maybe one a day, and the whiskey really helped calm her cough - and I'm sure it dulled the pain a little too.

So Gini, don't scoff, let Richard make you up a honey lemon and whiskey and I'm sure you'll be feeling better in no time. :D Hope you feel better so you can enjoy the rest of the flight. I hate flying when I have a cold and my head is all stuffy - blegh :p

RICHARD
11-07-2003, 06:54 PM
But at that point I was just glad she found something to make her feel better, and it's not like she did like Richard and over-indulged :p

Oh sure, make it sound like I'm a total lush....;)

Actually If you get the honey with the comb in it you can break off a piece and chew on that to relieve some of the symptoms of you illness...

OR a teaspoon of honey followed by a teaspoon of lemon juice is another old remedy for a dry cough.....the whiskey is just an excuse to have a drink..no, what the alcohol does is make you sweat-
ugh, not the best feeling in the world when you are sick but you do feel better, faster...

take care....

Corinna
11-07-2003, 08:26 PM
I have two remedies for cough one honey lemon and vodka it's tasteless the vodka. The other a screw drver heavier on the oj. Cures me or else I just don't care. I can't drink. Half a wine cooler and I'm gone.

gini
11-07-2003, 08:35 PM
I want all of you to bring those remedies to the back of the plane.

Yeah, I am sitting back here and you won't be able to miss me......I am the one that smells just like a bottle of Vicks.........so I might as well smell like Vicks and Whiskey or Vicks and Vodka.........

But sick or not......by doG, I am going with you to Disneyland and Australia..........Richard isn't going to spring for this plane lease again anytime soon.

(Richard and I are playing the California lottery - currently $23 million. If ever either of us wins.......just you watch Pet Talkers, just you watch.........and be packed and ready to go!)

amoore
11-07-2003, 08:52 PM
The recipe for a sourball might work for that cough:

1 shot of fruit-flavored brandy
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
fill the glass with orange juice

To your health!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-08-2003, 04:11 PM
Meanwhile... back on earth...
here I sit with 4 very sad kitties who thought we were having company. Leonardo and Luke are blowing bubbles in their cat nip tea. They've all been into the hot dogs and Chester is amusing himself by batting a marshmallow around the house.
Grandma is napping. I told them maybe next fall we would have a bon fire and wiener roast ... sigh

slick
11-08-2003, 06:25 PM
Don't worry MOFF I'm sure we will be there tomorrow unless Richard takes us on another detour.

lynnestankard
11-09-2003, 11:43 AM
We've GOT to be there tomorrow MOFF - I want the barbequed lobster tails!!

How are you feeling today Gini - all those bottles helping at all?

Keep applying the Vicks - although it does smell a trifle strong here at the front end!

:D :D

Lynne

momoffuzzyfaces
11-09-2003, 12:32 PM
Whoa! There was a report of a plane doing loops upside down over our town. Was that YOU GUYS???? It headed south toward Texas! We waved!
WHAT is your pilot drinking?:D

RICHARD
11-09-2003, 01:56 PM
lolololololol

he was drinking!!!!

ever see the concorde crop dust???

we'll be there for dinner......

momoffuzzyfaces
11-09-2003, 03:11 PM

we'll be there for dinner......
It gets dark here right around 5pm. I'll light the bon fire. You'll be able to find my house, it will be the only one in town with a bon fire in the yard.:D

RICHARD
11-09-2003, 04:47 PM
lolololol...

chest nuts roasting on an open bonfire.
the concorde landing on a kansas road...

we are there!!

slick
11-09-2003, 07:09 PM
I think we're in Kansas, right?? OMG, when the plane was doing loops, the lobsters must have gotten out the tank. I can't find them anywhere????? Everyone please look and watch your toes.

Just in case, are the hot dogs thawed out??

slick
11-10-2003, 10:23 AM
Good morning everyone. I still can't find the lobsters so I guess we'll just have to have something else.

Was just watching a bartender on the Food Network make a Bloody Mary. He put garlic and horseradish in it. Sounds yummy. Richard, any chance of getting one to start off my day??

lynnestankard
11-10-2003, 12:17 PM
He he he slick - watching my tootsies - there's no lobsters up here.

I remember having a Bloody Mary in in SwissHotel in Chicago - and it blew my head off - the bartender was so cute and he gave me another bottle of tomato juice to dilute it a bit!!!
It didn't!!!

Are those sparks down there coming from a bonfire? Are we really that close?! We're going to see Connie - Yippeeeee!

Hang on while I get my shoes on...................well there's one lobster here OK!!!:D **plop** he's back in the tank**

Oh yep - the hot dogs are thawed - have we got french mustard and tomato ketchup? :rolleyes: ;)

Lynne

momoffuzzyfaces
11-10-2003, 01:32 PM
YOU GUYS ARE SOOOOO LATE!!! (taps foot impatiently) The cats have been amusing themselves with my kerokee (sp?) machine. They are trying to make a singing cat tape for Christmas. That yowling you are hearing is NOT them being TORTURED!!!
Hot dogs and potato salad and all the fixin's are ready!:D

RICHARD
11-10-2003, 04:11 PM
slick,
one BM garlic amd horseradish....

DONE!

I was dreaming I was getting my ears pierced.....

*plop* TWO MORE!!!

Lynne,

lol I apologize for my brother bartender's assault on you..

here's one.....mild....

DONE!

MOFF,

sorry, we were trying to get the pilot to land on the interstate...
-no sense of adventure....

lol NO MUSTARD FOR ME................

;)

RICHARD
11-10-2003, 04:11 PM
slick,

DONE!

I was dreaming I was getting my ears pierced.....

*plop* TWO MORE!!!

Lynne,

lol I apologize for my brother bartender's assault on you..

here's one.....mild....

DONE!

MOFF,

sorry, we were trying to get the pilot to land on the interstate...
-no sense of adventure....

lol NO MUSTARD FOR ME................

;)

slick
11-10-2003, 04:19 PM
Ok, that's 3 lobsters found! 10 more to go. Watch your privates everyone, those creepy crustaceans can crawl in anywhere.

MOFF, those dogs are good. **snort snort** no mustard for Richard.....:D :D

Karaoke Cats?? Bring 'em one. Let the entertainment begin.

catland
11-10-2003, 04:42 PM
Are we drinking to anything today?

I saw that Miss Meow got herself two doggies:D :D (no mustard)

that's reason enough for me.:p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-10-2003, 04:46 PM
And SAS got the cutest bunny you've ever seen! And hopefully we'll be landing at MOFF's soon, and.....

momoffuzzyfaces
11-10-2003, 05:04 PM
Ok, that's 3 lobsters found! 10 more to go. Watch your privates everyone, those creepy crustaceans can crawl in anywhere.
Um, someone else will have to cook the lobsters. I don't have the heart to kill something. I know a lobsters life isn't much but it's important to the lobster. I just can't kill them. It's just too sad... one minute it's full of life and the next laying dead on a plate.

Well now the secrets out... I'm a softie!!!

Oh, I have plenty of cotton for your ears. You'll need it when you hear the cats sing(?).:eek:

slick
11-10-2003, 05:16 PM
Yeah, I hear ya MOFF. When I was a kid we used to go crabbing and come back and cook up live crabs for supper. My brother used to tease me that the crabs would scream as they hit the boiling water but it didn't bother me back then. I must admit it would be a problem now. So, maybe we should gather up the lobsters, put them back in the tank (with the top on) and take them back, or we could just get Richard to cook them up.

RICHARD
11-11-2003, 11:18 AM
and take them back, or we could just get Richard to cook them up.

me and the kitties are gonna do
a steely dan song now.....

ready.....

"I don't wanna do your dirty work oh yeah..."

;)

Anyone for a beer for their dogs??

Logan
11-11-2003, 11:54 AM

I'll have what she's having, and it is only Tuesday!!! :eek:

slick
11-11-2003, 12:09 PM
Yup, I'll take another one too. I'm going to put up my Christmas lights today. Today's weather is sunny to I've got to take advantage of it.

RICHARD
11-11-2003, 12:23 PM
Yup, I'll take another one too. I'm going to put up my Christmas lights today. Today's weather is sunny to I've got to take advantage of it.

Logan and Slick.....

DONE!!

Christmas???

what's that?;)

catland
11-11-2003, 12:31 PM
Yeah, I hear ya MOFF. When I was a kid we used to go crabbing and come back and cook up live crabs for supper. My brother used to tease me that the crabs would scream as they hit the boiling water but it didn't bother me back then. I must admit it would be a problem now. So, maybe we should gather up the lobsters, put them back in the tank (with the top on) and take them back, or we could just get Richard to cook them up.

wait a minute here - no way am I passing up the opportunity for some fresh lobster! Richard - I'll assist in the cooking:D

Slick, you don't want to know how we cook crabs down here.;)

slick
11-11-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by catland
Richard - I'll assist in the cooking:D
Ok Catland, you're on. Now if only we could find the remaining 10 at large. MOFF, have you got some garlic butter to go with the lobsters?? Not that the dogs aren't good; that smokey I just had was smokin, even with the mustard!

lbaker
11-11-2003, 12:46 PM
BOY, it's a good thing I jumped on board when I did. Silly wabbits, you don't BBQ lobsters :eek: You just plain steam them just right then serve with butter & maybe a little lemon (or vinegar). BBQ lobsters indeed, tsk tsk. Catland, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand with the steamer, those things get heavy. I'm feeling right peppy now due to the good news about my d-in-law [see other thread in General]. PARTY HARTY folks, the next round's on me - well, I'd prefer to buy it, not wear it :o
Laurie

momoffuzzyfaces
11-11-2003, 12:55 PM
Ok Catland, you're on. Now if only we could find the remaining 10 at large. MOFF, have you got some garlic butter to go with the lobsters?? Not that the dogs aren't good; that smokey I just had was smokin, even with the mustard!
Garlic butter coming up.
Anyone need another dog? There's chili too, if you want a chili dog!:D

slick
11-11-2003, 01:13 PM
OOO, I'll take some chili please. Doesn't matter about the beans, I'm at home today and the cat's don't care. Almost got the Christmas lights up. Do you think it's too early for the tree? (I just get so excited around this time of year :D)

Laurie, a toast to you for the good news. Do you want jam on it??:D :D

Corinna
11-11-2003, 01:15 PM
I'll take a big bowl of chili and a couple of dogs. I don't care for lobster.

Logan
11-11-2003, 01:24 PM
Well, I have to say that Sandra (Tatsxxx11) taught Helen and me the joy of eating Lobster, without having to cook them ourselves. When we visited in MA a few years ago, we enjoyed Lobster several times. YUM YUM!!!!!! :D

Logan
11-11-2003, 01:25 PM
By the way, is it too late to steer that plane to Massachusetts? I need a Sandra fix, anyway. All of you would benefit from it!! :D

RICHARD
11-11-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
I'll take a big bowl of chili and a couple of dogs. I don't care for lobster.

of course you care for lobsters....you don't eat them!!

how's about some shrimp instead?

Slick and Corinna,

DONE!

Logan,

Yes we can go to Massachusetts.....we have to go meet Tubby and Peanut's mom in New York..

Gini,
How do you feel???

And I want to apologize to the PTer's in Europe....

We will have to plan a trip over there soon...

I am sure we can get the Concorde again....:)

momoffuzzyfaces
11-11-2003, 01:50 PM
Before you jet off, there's fixin's for smores too. Nothing like chocolate melted over a burnt marshmallow and squashed between two graham crackers!:D

tatsxxx11
11-11-2003, 02:21 PM
Hey Logan, do stop by and bring the group! We'll have a clambake! For the brave of heart, we can make a big fire and have it on the beach! Lobsters, clams, oysters, corn on the cob, potatoes and sausage. And of course...chowdah:DYum! And Connie, I just made s'mores on the chimenea the other day! Never too cold for that:) And you better get that backside of yours on that plane!! No excuses!:D But if anyone's presently serving I'll have a Cape Coddah please, extra lime! (And watch out for those sneaky crabs...once they made a claw chain and actually escaped from the pot!):eek:

slick
11-11-2003, 02:21 PM
Drat!!! I just got all my icicle lights up and they're uneven. I'm not a perfectionist by any means, but the lights have to be even on both sides. In other words by the time I put in the last zap-strap, there has to be an even amount of cord left over at each end. Now I gotta start all over.:mad:

Another BM please.....wait a minute....maybe that my problem. Too much booze. Make it a virgin BM please.

RICHARD
11-11-2003, 02:27 PM
Before you jet off, there's fixin's for smores too. Nothing like chocolate melted over a burnt marshmallow and squashed between two graham crackers!:D

before WE jet off????

Pack up the boys, we are going to frolic on the shores of Cape Cod.....

Slick,

VBM...
DONE!!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-11-2003, 04:17 PM
before WE jet off????

Pack up the boys, we are going to frolic on the shores of Cape Cod.....

Sorry, I can't get Chester out from under the bed. One of the lobsters frightened him. All the kids would be terrified of the plane ... so would I. I can't leave them by themselves or force them into a terrifying situation.
Have fun!!!!:D

RICHARD
11-11-2003, 04:27 PM
Sorry, I can't get Chester out from under the bed. One of the lobsters frightened him. All the kids would be terrified of the plane ... so would I. I can't leave them by themselves or force them into a terrifying situation.
Have fun!!!!:D

How's about this....we'll swing back when T&P pick us up in NY????

We have to drop off the concorde so we are going to parachute onto the airfield and RV it back across the country, Gini and I have to get home eventually......

BAD LOBSTERS!!!;)

slick
11-11-2003, 04:34 PM
Richard, I think I'll stay behind and visit MOFF for a few days, if that's OK. Can you swing by and pick me up in the RV later then head off to Mass?? (I have no idea where we are now......:confused: :confused: ....)

Can you please unload the tank and put it in the front yard?? I'll have to try to find the rest of those lobsters.

Oh yea, a DOTD please. I'm done with those *** lights. Why am I so anal:rolleyes:

RICHARD
11-11-2003, 05:05 PM
Richard, I think I'll stay behind and visit MOFF for a few days, if that's OK. Can you swing by and pick me up in the RV later then head off to Mass?? (I have no idea where we are now......:confused: :confused: ....) Why am I so anal:rolleyes:

lol,

we are almost in cape cod........from there we are going to NY to meet T&P then we are coming back thru kansas.......

LOL, we HAVE TO get an schedule for next time...

I have an IDEA!!

P.s. Xmas lights makes you WHAT??????

:confused: :eek:

slick
11-11-2003, 05:25 PM
P.s. Xmas lights makes you WHAT??????:confused: :eek:
Anal. I said Anal. They have to be straight. They have to be in the exact same spot as last year. Where the two strands meet, has to be in the exact middle of the window. An inch or two either way does not work. I'm not usually anal about anything other than Christmas lights. I have a 6' artificial tree and it takes me 3-4 hrs to put on the lights because they have to be placed "just so". God forbid if someone decides to help me with it.

So I don't have a clue where we are!! So I'm blond!! So what?? I'm enjoying the party anyway. As my grandmother used to way after a few drinks....

"I love life......." :D :D

Now give me another drink please. I'm getting into the Christmas spirit. Spirit??? **snort** **snort** Get it?? :D

gini
11-11-2003, 05:36 PM
What are all of these lobsters doing all over the floor. oh, oh, I think I remember now.

I have been so sick with the flu and a bad cold/cough, that I just dumped that tank and filled it with chicken soup. That is where I have been all of this time.

Let's just let these lobsters go...o.k.? I betcha Sandra can rustle up some fresh ones.

Gosh, with a concorde and all, we didn't get that far did we? Well, just having too much fun being together. Richard, will you lease this for us again?

MOFF we are going to have to work on getting you over your fear of virtual travel:D :D

And Slick what in the:rolleyes: :rolleyes: are you doing with those Christmas lights? It is only November 11th.........

Someone did come up with the ultimate coughing fit stopper drink!

Grande Marnier!!! Trust me it works - either that or you just don't care to remember.

Guess we can sit around this Thursday and look at everyone's pictures from our concorde trip.

catland
11-11-2003, 05:38 PM
Anal. I said Anal. They have to be straight. They have to be in the exact same spot as last year. Where the two strands meet, has to be in the exact middle of the window. An inch or two either way does not work.

We're the wacky type that likes to put up thousands of lights (I'm not kidding, its a sickness) along with plastic yard art and Santa being pulled by his eight tiny plastic pink flamingos.

Trust me, you get over the need to have every light just so when there are several thousand waiting to go up.:eek:

A DOTD sounds good right about now.:)

RICHARD
11-11-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
But if anyone's presently serving I'll have a Cape Coddah please, extra lime! (And watch out for those sneaky crabs...once they made a claw chain and actually escaped from the pot!):eek:

KNOCK KNOCK!
*I'll ring the bell*

GUESS WHO!!!

Cape Codder

1 1/4 oz. Vodka, Cranberry juice

Pour over ice in a Highball Glass, Garnish with a Lime wedge (Note: Lime juice may also be added if desired.)

DONE!!!!

Slick get off the ladder....

DONE!

GINI!!!!

And all this time I thought it was a mermaid in there!!!!

glad to see you are doing better.....

Catland.....

Pink flamingos????

and you thought californians were goofy!!!!

Flying HIGH!!!

DONE!

slick
11-11-2003, 05:58 PM
KNOCK KNOCK!
*I'll ring the bell*

GUESS WHO!!!

Cape Codder

Welcome back Codder!!!!:D :D

RICHARD
11-11-2003, 06:32 PM
Welcome back Codder!!!!:D :D

WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK....

tatsxxx11
11-11-2003, 06:53 PM
Ahhhhh! Company!:eek: I am SO not ready!:D Well, you're all going to have to flop out in the guest house...(just around the back, behind the pool) My first Pet Talk sleepover!:) The bar's stocked and so is the frig. (Sounds like you had plenty of great eats at MOFF's already!) No early calls...PUHLEEZE! When's the clambake?? I need to shop; and fish!:D

RICHARD
11-11-2003, 07:09 PM
Ahhhhh! Company!:eek: I am SO not ready!:D Well, you're all going to have to flop out in the guest house...(just around the back, behind the pool) My first Pet Talk sleepover!:) The bar's stocked and so is the frig. (Sounds like you had plenty of great eats at MOFF's already!) No early calls...PUHLEEZE! When's the clambake?? I need to shop; and fish!:D

just point us in the right direction and we'll take care of the rest........

would you welcome another 'codder'???

DONE!!!

slick
11-11-2003, 07:36 PM
Since we are all sleeping in the flophouse, let's be kind to one another.

- no snoring
- no flatulence
- no sleepwalking
- no gambling in your sleep

Gini, take your meds before going to sleep. What's in the bar Richard??

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-11-2003, 08:25 PM
Garlic butter coming up.
Anyone need another dog? There's chili too, if you want a chili dog!:D

Mmmmm...chili dogs! My favorite! With onions and cheese please. :D

tatsxxx11
11-11-2003, 08:26 PM
Everyone comfy??:) Make yourselves to home/ Extra blankies and pillows in the closet! And if anyone is really homesick for their furbabies I can always send out the hounds, or the kitties for a snuggle!:D And Richard, one more Codder would be great! I need a nightcap, then off to bed! Be good children and remember, lights out by midnight!:)

gini
11-11-2003, 08:41 PM
Everyone comfy??:) Make yourselves to home ! Be good children and remember, lights out by midnight!:)

Geez, I think she means our flashlights too............

slick
11-11-2003, 08:47 PM
Geez, I think she means our flashlights too............
But how will she know?? We're in the flophouse and she's way up there. Richard, get out of that bar. It's late and we want to sleep.

Ouch.....someone's elbow is digging into my back.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-11-2003, 09:13 PM
But how will she know?? We're in the flophouse and she's way up there. Richard, get out of that bar. It's late and we want to sleep.

Ouch.....someone's elbow is digging into my back.

Oops, sorry 'bout that Slick, I'll try and move over a bit. Tats, can you send one of the furkids in? The only time I've slept "alone" in the last 17 years is when I'm on vacation and can't take Tubby with, so I'd really appreciate someone laying on my legs....even a big doggy will help make it more like home. ;) :D

slick
11-11-2003, 09:22 PM
That's better, thanks Debbie. Just don't put your arm around me in the middle of the night. Don't get me wrong, I like you, but I prefer men...:D :D

Along with the dog can you send it a couple of kitties too please??

gini
11-11-2003, 09:37 PM
Let's see the rules were:

NO SNORING! Look I promise to try not to IF I can ever get to sleep here.

NO FLATULENCE! Don't look at me!!

NO SLEEPWALKING! Oh sure, that was just the kitten walking across my legs...........50 pound kitten.

NO GAMBLING ..well, you are all gambling that a night like this will leave me in a good mood in the morning!

And Slick would you put those Christmas lights away for now - we will all help you when we get back home.

Hmmm, and it is the motorhome to Kansas in the morning?

Why am I not excited?

slick
11-11-2003, 09:40 PM
Let's see the rules were:

NO SNORING! Look I promise to try not to IF I can ever get to sleep here.

NO FLATULENCE! Don't look at me!!

NO SLEEPWALKING! Oh sure, that was just the kitten walking across my legs...........50 pound kitten.

NO GAMBLING ..well, you are all gambling that a night like this will leave me in a good mood in the morning!

And Slick would you put those Christmas lights away for now - we will all help you when we get back home.

Hmmm, and it is the motorhome to Kansas in the morning?

Why am I not excited?

:D :D :D ROFLMAO!!!!

Corinna
11-11-2003, 09:49 PM
Ummm excuse me but is there a shower some of us smell like sweat hogs OOOOOOOOOOOOO I know the pool Mr Codder.

CountryWolf07
11-11-2003, 10:58 PM
Let's go to the Virgin Islands! ;) And DRINK Margaritas and watch the sun set every night..

RICHARD
11-12-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by CountryWolf07
Let's go to the Virgin Islands! ;) And DRINK Margaritas and watch the sun set every night..

are you kidding???

they don't behave at home --what makes you think that
steel bands, margaritas and sunshine will calm them down...

put it to the committee.....i'll help but remember-
i warned you!!

o.k. WHO at the chili last???:eek:

DONE????

slick
11-12-2003, 01:31 AM
o.k. WHO ate the chili last???:eek:
It wasn't me. I was in the pool.

tatsxxx11
11-12-2003, 08:00 AM
Morning all! WAKE UP!!!:D Hope you all slept welll T&P...did Mr. B find his way to you? I told him you needed a little furry loving; he's the best snuggler:)

Corinna, you have your choice; indoor shower or out. Here on the Cape, we love bathing under the sun and stars, BUCK NEKED:D Towels on the bench. And whomever's first, don't use up all the hot water!

Now, who cranked up the pool heater to 90 degrees??:eek: Did you think we were going to cook the lobsters in the pool?? That's what the hot tub's for!:D What an amazing bit of luck. Indian summer has hit the Cape; it's a balmy 65. Looks like we'll be dining on the dunes! So, pack up your sand pails and shovels kiddies and let's have a little Beach Party Bingo!:D As you'll want to head off to the land of the Virgins by dusk, let's plan on a late lunch...3ish?? Place your orders now!

lbaker
11-12-2003, 08:25 AM
The pool is turned up to 90 degrees SO FAR, what are we going to do? Put the lobsters in the POOL :eek: I sleep with several dogs and at least two cats so if another sleep-over is scheduled let me know, my kids are loving and snuggly (but Slick, they do snore :rolleyes: ) GOOD MORNING, JENNY IS COMING HOME TODAY. I'm going to have to learn to play "Nurse Jane FuzzyWuzzy" but lets eat first. I need my stamina at full tilt boogie today. A Bloody wouldn't hurt.
what is this? Week 27 and a half??

Logan
11-12-2003, 08:33 AM
Oh, Sandra, this would definitely be the day to try the Barefoot Contessa's Surprise Beach Party recipes! They ate on the beach too!!! :)

Surprise Beach Party (http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ig/episode/0,1976,FOOD_9971_23080,00.html)

tatsxxx11
11-12-2003, 09:15 AM
Yum!! Sounds great, Logan! And a good alternative for our non-lobster loving guests!:) Speak up folks!

slick
11-12-2003, 10:16 AM
**rubs eyes**

'Mornin. Can't I sleep in a bit?? I was up late in the pool. No I didn't turn up the heat. Someone kept kicking in the night and it wasn't Debbie. And who was snoring??? Was it the dog.

Oh well, it was fun anyway. For me right now I need breakfast. A denver omlette with hash browns and toast. MMM. I'll help you prepare it Tats. Who else wants breakfast??? Laurie, a BM this early?? Why not. Richard, make it two please.

Tats, after we feed everyone breakfast you and I can prepare the food for the Beach Party. Do we need to go shopping because I have some money to contribute towards the food.

I'll take the outdoor shower. Life is adventurous.:D :D

tatsxxx11
11-12-2003, 10:37 AM
Morning Slick!:) I think Richard's still under the spell of Mr. Sandman!:D You go take your shower and I'll fix the vittles! Western (Denver) omelet with all the fixins coming up! Anyone for coffee, tea?? I'll bring out a pot of both and some pitchers of tomtao and O.J. And I've already made a quick trip to the store and pulled up the lobster traps, AND dug up the clams, so we're all set until cooking time, Slick! Richard, all we need for you is to go collect the seaweed and dig the pit for the clambake!:D (And get Laurie her BM!!:D)

Laurie, we're goiing to make this a "welcome home" party for Jenny!! What a happy day!:)

slick
11-12-2003, 11:05 AM
OK, that's one cold shower, but sure wakes you up. I'll take the dog for a walk.

Come on Richard **shake** **shake** get up and join the world. Laurie and I are parched. :D :D

Tats, let me help you bring the stuff out here. Looks like the mountain has to come to Mohammed.

Corinna
11-12-2003, 11:08 AM
Ok I admit Merlin was snoring He does that all the time. I think no one wants me BUCK NAKed . This 42 year old body needs to be covered.
Whats for breakfast? MERLIN DID YOU EAT MY PROTEIN BARS AGAIN? (springer smile and butt wiggles)

tatsxxx11
11-12-2003, 11:20 AM
Hey Slick, you mean you didn't find the hot water tap?? Of course our hospitality runs cold AND hot!:D Sorry bout that! Brrr! C'mon in and lets bring out the goods! Protenin bars...I've got those!Hope you guys don't mind paper plates. I hate doing dishes! Corinna, Star and Cody would love to play with Merlin! Doggie play group! :D

RICHARD
11-12-2003, 11:26 AM
Two BMs!!

ALways a GOOD thing early in the A.M...

DONE!

seaweed and pit to be dug!!!!!

lololol,

we have to get a travel plan next time....

Corinna
11-12-2003, 11:26 AM
If they can get him to play , he never has been much to play. He thinks his whole job in life is to hold down the couch preferably with me on it I guess it helps him keep an eye on me. He is kinda my alert dog, something I noticed a long time ago he knows when my diabetes is acting up and through his behavior changes . he is more actred than my monitor. So he really never has played.

catland
11-12-2003, 11:31 AM
I'll take some of that coffee if there's any left. A Mimosa sounds like a good way to start the morning.

Protein bars:p ? Not exactly the way I wanted to start the morning, but the Denver omelet sounds good.:)

Corinna
11-12-2003, 11:34 AM
Catland not my favorite either but got to get rid of extra weight and keep diabetes under contol Merlin loves them werid dog.

slick
11-12-2003, 11:53 AM
Here's your coffee Catland. Milk and sugar over there. One denver coming up. Cheese with that?? Cheddar or Monteray Jack??

Corinna: I know what you mean. Max and Speckles have one main job to do too and that's to hold the couch down as well.:D Here's your protein bar.

As Richard would say DONE! Will we be back in town for tomorrow's party??

Tats, I'll start shucking the corn for the clam bake so it's all done.

tatsxxx11
11-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Thanks Slick! You shuck the corn, I'll shuck the clams and oysters! I've already peeled the taters for roasting and the sausage is ready to go. And while I've got the stove on, anyone up for a Monte Cristo? I've got the ham and turkey...it's great with Monterey Jack!:) Oh, I forgot the fruit bowl; and here's some fresh brewed java. Could you tell?? I ground the beans fresh!

Merlin, you can snuggle on thecouch for as long as you like sweetie. My girls sound too obnxious for a sweet, mellow pup like you!:)

Richard, eat up. Time to get digging soon!:D

slick
11-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Wow Tats, you've got everything under control.
A question: I've never been to these parts. Would anyone mind if I ran into town for a little Christmas shopping after my chores are done?? Anyone want to join me??

Richard: How's the bar stocked?? Do I need to pick up anything along the way??

Where did Laurie, Logan and Debbie take off to??

tatsxxx11
11-12-2003, 12:36 PM
Good idea, Slick! Lots of great little shops all along the main road! I'll clean up the breakfast dishes. Just "don't be late for lunch!";) Gotta go find out what happened to the rest of the crew...Looooogan, Debbbbbie, Laurrrrrie????????

RICHARD
11-12-2003, 12:46 PM
Here's the seaweed.....

a mimosa for catland.

Done...

Great omlette!!!

Slick,
I packed extra in the baggage hold,
you guys go shopping, I'll dig the ditch....

I think we can fit Jamaica in, what do you guys think?

DONE!

Logan
11-12-2003, 12:52 PM
I'm thinking that this is the longest Thursday discussion we have had yet!!!! :D Looks like we are a bunch of lushes, traveling and drinking our DOTD, for a whole week!! LOL!!! :o I like Indian Summer and am content to stay in MA with Sandra and her furry ones for a while longer. I guess I do need to come back to SC and work eventually though, darn it. :)

Is Jamaica next? I think I may have to forego that trip and head home by the weekend. My furry and feathered ones will miss me! :) Plus, hubby is away, but will be back late on Friday and I want to be here when he gets here! ;)

Logan

tatsxxx11
11-12-2003, 01:40 PM
There you are Logan!!:D So glad you're here..and staying!:) Now I've got everything packed in the dune buggy...blankets, food, portable bar:D So whenever the crew gets back, we're off! Oh, do't let me forget the bug spray; and matches!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-12-2003, 01:47 PM
Looking about puzzled ....
Now WHERE did slick go? I thought she stayed here. Must have misunderstood. Gosh, I wonder if anyone will be at the bar tomorrow and have it open. For us land lubbers and all.
Gosh cats, you may have to put up with my cat nip tea again ....
loud meows of protest float sky ward!:D

tatsxxx11
11-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Don't know where Slick is, Connie! Or the rest of the crew! Maybe they're still shopping:rolleyes: Richard, where are you?? Better go check the hot tub:D Well, at least he dug the pit! I've got the fire going and the lobsters, steamers, corn on the cob, sausages and potatoes slow cooking under their seaweed blanket. Oh, the butter needs to be melted and the clam broth for dunking, heated. The libations bar and the raw bar are all set up, so, when you get home guys, just grab your blanket, your lobster bib and your wet naps and walk down the path to the beach; just follow the smoke:eek: P.S....it's getting dark, so bring your flashilights. Maybe I'll bring down some torches, ala Tahitian style...(Hmmm, that's sounds lke a fun destination!) Anyone bring there ukulele??:D And where's Don Ho when you need him?? Woops, wrong island! Well, in the words of Scarlett O'Hara, there's always tomorrow, yes tomorrow, TOMORROW!!..........(breaks into song)Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow, you're only a Concord flight away!!!!!!!!TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOmorrow, tomorrow, oh, enough already; I must really be bored. I'm sitting here belting out Broadway show tunes all by my lonesome self; sniff, sniff...I need a drink. Speaking of drinks...WHERE'S RICHARD???:confused:

tatsxxx11
11-12-2003, 03:21 PM
Wonders to herself if maybe it was something she said:D maybe they snuck on the plane and took off....(faint smell of jet fuel hangs heavily in the air...)

Logan
11-12-2003, 03:45 PM
Count us in!!!! No tomorrows for us, we're living for tonight with the tiki torches and all!!! :D

tatsxxx11
11-12-2003, 04:00 PM
Woo hoo!!! At least there will be 2 for dinner!:D We'll give them a bit more time to check in!

lynnestankard
11-12-2003, 04:01 PM
Sorry I slept in - it's the jet lag kicking in!!

Sorry Sandra - lovely song that isn't it - any coffee left? Or a cup of tea? Or OJ will do. Where's everyone gone?

Who was gambling in their sleep?!!

I had a lovely furry kid snuggling up with me - who was it?

Lovely smell - something cooking?

Lynne

slick
11-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Hey guys, I'm back from Christmas shopping. Sorry I'm late Sandra.

**lugs bags down on the grass** **grunt**

I gots lots of stuff. The rest of the gang came with me but I lost them lost them at the turnpike. I think they might be stuck in a bar somewhere. Either that or they found another way back and they'll be here soon. Now, what can I do to help out?? Is Richard looking after the bar??

WHOA!!!! That a might big hole Richard dug. Everyone, watch your step. We could the Queen Mary in there :eek:

MMM something smells delicious. Hi Lynn. You must had a good sleep because you didn't move a muscle all night long.

RICHARD
11-12-2003, 04:27 PM
I must really be bored. I'm sitting here belting out Broadway show tunes all by my lonesome self; sniff, sniff...I need a drink. Speaking of drinks...WHERE'S RICHARD???:confused:

SORRY...

I went to take a dip.......

wow that water is cold!!

DOTD?? or ????

Lynne.....

OJ....DONE!

OOOOOOOOOhhhhhh give me a home
where the buffalo roam and deer and the envelopes PPPPPLLLLAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Let's eat......I think they took the plane to refuel.....

Week # 28 may be a continuation of this trip?????

MOFF,
if worse comes to worse we may just take the train to your place
tomorrow..... Tubby and Peanuts mom haven't checked in....

GINI,

I was thinking about your chicken soup in the lobster tanks last night......I'm sure that I took my dip before you emptied it out.....

at least I hope that's what happened.....
:eek:

tatsxxx11
11-12-2003, 04:34 PM
Welcome home, ladies!:D Hope you scooped up lots of treasures, Slick! Lynne, you must be pooped. How about a cup of tea? Real brewed tea..like in a teapot! (A rarity here hn the States!:D) I have Earl Grey, Darjeeling and English Breakfast. Slick, how bout you? I think I'll mix up a batch of Cosmpolitans:) Everything's ready to go! How about a soak in the hot tub while we wait for the gang?

Corinna
11-12-2003, 04:35 PM
Merlin and I are back decided a nice long walk on the beach sounded best.I sure miss the salty air. Jamaca sounds good and warm. Called home and it hailed last night too bad I missed it. HAHA What time are we landing (after Jamaca of course) so I can get a rid home. I guess they are missing me, daughter says we are now a week behind on the wedding planning. Elope already, sheesh!!! Just kidding but every day something is supposed to be done according to the soft ware program she got. I so glad I'm not working right now.

slick
11-12-2003, 04:38 PM
OOOOOOOOOhhhhhh give me a home
where the buffalo roam and deer and the envelopes PPPPPLLLLAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Don't quit your day job Richard :D :D :D You may be able to write poetry, but sing???? Here, have another drink.

Ooops, never bite the hand that provides you with spirits.....sorry, just couldn't help myself.

And Sandra, I wan't here but I heard that you tried to belt out a tune or two. How about an encore??

My it is getting dark. Does this mean another sleepover??? Yeah!!!!

Question: how many PT'ers and pets can fit in one flophouse??

tatsxxx11
11-12-2003, 04:43 PM
THERE you are, Richard! Went for a dip, huh?? You must be part polar bear! Yikes! Where'd the pane go?? Well, anytime you guys wanna eat, it's ready!:) But bring your sweatshrits, it's chilly! BTW...My name is Sandra (and no, I'm not an alcoholic) but, I will be your server this evening...Belly up to the raw bar for some little necks, oysters and steamers and for the faint of heart, shrimp cocktails.
And we also have some hot chowdah in the pot to chase off that chill. Would you like a few more minutes to make your selections??:D

Yay, another sleepover! You guys know the drill and I actually MADE YOUR BEDS for you all and you'll find complimentary thin mints on your pillows! For my encore, Slick, I'll sing you all a bit of Brahms's Lullabye..:D

Ok, I've brought the food up to the bunk house...too cold and dark down on the beach and those pesky gnats!!!:mad:

So here's your evening repast...help yourselves and enjoy!

Steamed, stuffed lobsters with melted butter
Corn on the Cob
Baked potatoes
Grilled sausages
Sliced sirloin steak
Caesar salad
Strawberry shortcake and for those of you who really wish to get into the New England spirit...Indian Pudding (like gooey pumpkin pie without the crust) and homemade vanilla ice cream. (Thank you Logan!)
Coffee/espresso/cappas/tea and complimentary cordials

And please, wear your bibs, no dribbling your butter and take out the trash!

(Richard, remember to take your toys out of the pool before you go to bed!! And Gini, I saw those flashlights!! No reading in bed after midnight. Lights out means lights out!:D)

lynnestankard
11-12-2003, 05:24 PM
That Earl Grey was delicious Sandra - just hit the spot..................
Oh just looky at that lobster !! Lovely!

Hang on while get this napkin round my neck - yummy!

Did you get any bargains Slick? I love going through people's shopping - dead nosey that's me!

Anyone seen Logan? Did she go shopping too?

Did you say you went for a dip Richard? Just HOW cold was that!?? The hot tubs much more my line!

Lynne

slick
11-12-2003, 05:28 PM
Sandra this spread is beyond words. You've worked really hard and your hospitality is greatly appreciated. Thank you, thank you soooo much and yes we'll leave the bunkhouse as clean as when we arrived.

I see all the shrimp cocktails have gone (Richard?????) so I'll just help myself to some lobster and salad. MMMMMM, as Martha says "It's a good thing", or I could quote Nigella but this is a family restaurant.

I think we are taking off pretty early tomorrow so how about a wake up call, say about 6am??? That will give everyone time to rise and shine and pack up.

Dead nosey, that's me
Hee, hee, that reminds me of the book Adrian Mole, from Minor to Major. All you Brits put "dead" in front of everything. Sorry, not making fun, it's just bringing back some memories for me. You're dead brilliant!.:D :D

It's like us Canadians. We put "eh" after everything. Dead brilliant, eh??

tatsxxx11
11-12-2003, 05:51 PM
You're very welcome, ladies! 6am wake up call it is! And Lynne, my husband travels to England frequently. He came home after one trip and suddenly, everything was BRILLIANT!:D Kind of like our "cool," then "super," then "awesome"! lol!! Enjoy your dinner friends!

"Lullabye, and good night, la la la la, la la, la!!!":)

(If let me know if anyone needs to borrow a teddy to snuggle with(no Richard, the stuffed kind; and NO, not that type of stuffed!;))

momoffuzzyfaces
11-12-2003, 05:51 PM

MOFF,
if worse comes to worse we may just take the train to your place
tomorrow..... Tubby and Peanuts mom haven't checked in....

Um, that could be a bit of a problem. The trains don't stop here. The closest you can get is Kansas City. The bus doesn't even stop here anymore. You would have to rent cars or a bus and drive down.

Everyone bundle up. The temp is dropping and our highs will only be in the 40s or lower 50s and windy so the city has banned bon fires. :eek:

slick
11-12-2003, 06:36 PM
[BThe closest you can get is Kansas City. [/B]

Going to Kansas City.....
Kansas City here I come.....

We'll get there eventually, MOFF. Be prepared. :eek: :eek: