PDA

View Full Version : Update on Figaro

catlover4ever
10-31-2003, 11:07 AM
Just keeping everyone informed. My mom was able to bring Figaro home this morning. He started going the bathroom on his own late last night (thank GOD). He is in a lot of pain and on pain medicine. She called me when she got home and he is still unable to walk on the right leg, so she said he was trying to hop around the house. She brought up a litter box and put it in the living room, moved one of the food dishes in there as well, and was in the process of making him a special area with his cat bed and blankets.

I asked her if I could talk to Fig's, so she put the phone down to him and he immediately sniffed the phone and then sat straight up and gave me a little "MEW, MEW".....that's my BOY!!!!

I can not wait to see him on Sunday. I think I will have to bring over a little treat for my special boy.

stacwase
10-31-2003, 11:33 AM
That's such a relief that he's going to the bathroom on his own.

I've taken care of paraplegeic people and it's no fun doing bowel programming. I don't even know if it could be done with a cat? Thank goodness you won't have to.

Have you found a cart?

Steffi N
10-31-2003, 12:06 PM
It's good to read that Figaro is going to the bathroom on his own. Best wishes and kind thoughts for this brave little cat. Your mom is taking wonderful care of him.

Cataholic
10-31-2003, 01:57 PM
Isn't it considered positive news that he is able to go potty, and walk on at least one of his legs? Am I reading this correctly? I hope so much for Figaro!

catlover4ever
10-31-2003, 02:25 PM
Cataholic...yes it is wonderful news for both my mom and I. Last night it looked like he was going to be paralized and not have control of his functions, but this morning my mom was able to bring him home and she called me just a little while ago to say that Fig had gone to the bathroom all on his own....he is just really having a hard time walking, sitting and standing right now. I think he has made a good steps forward....

Kirsten
10-31-2003, 02:42 PM
That sounds like good news! :)

Is there a chance that he might recover 100%?

Kirsten

sqwelch
10-31-2003, 03:03 PM
Poor wee soul, hope he feels better soon !!!

jenluckenbach
10-31-2003, 07:51 PM
GREAT news. Sounds like he will just continue to get better and better. :D

CatDad
10-31-2003, 08:00 PM
I am really glad to hear the good news about Figaro.:)

I will keep him in my prayers. Hopefully the news is all happy from here on.

Keep us updated.

krazyaboutkatz
11-01-2003, 12:26 AM
This is great news!!!:D Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way. Hopefully he'll recover and feel better soon. :)

catcrazylady
11-01-2003, 11:55 AM
This is such GREAT news! Our prayers and thoughts are with Figaro and we know he will keep improving! I hope he isn't in too much pain. Poor baby.

ChrisH
11-01-2003, 01:07 PM
That is such good news! :) :) :)

Keeping him in my prayers for a full recovery. :)

Barbara
11-01-2003, 01:19 PM
Oh I didn't dare to look into that thread. I am so glad Figaro is doing better. Scritchies to him.

:)

catmandu
11-02-2003, 10:03 AM
Hugs , Pets and Licks from all of us at the Lost Cat Hotel , to Figaro , please be brave! From all Cats , especially Toothless John!

catlover4ever
11-03-2003, 07:44 AM
Well, I went to mom's on Sunday and finally got to see Mr. Figaro. He was hidding under the bed. You could really tell that he was not himself...his whiskers were almost flat against his face and his eyes were glossed over, BUT when he heard me saying his name he sat right up and started to purr. He managed to come out from the bed and when he walks you can see that his hip kind of caves in when he walks, but with what he has been through it is normal for a weak hip to do that. Our biggest concern right now is that he is not eating. He drank a little milk and had about 2 oz of his food but that has been all he has had since Friday, so he will be going back to the vets today to see what they say. I think his lack of appetite has to do with his medication, which is a very strong pain killer.

stacwase
11-11-2003, 06:31 PM
How is Figaro?

jenluckenbach
11-11-2003, 07:47 PM
yes, I too was wondering about dear Figaro?

CatDad
11-11-2003, 08:03 PM
Ok, I'll though mine question in too.

How's Figaro?

Just so you know we are all really interested.:D

catlover4ever
11-12-2003, 07:16 AM
Thank you all for asking. As of Monday when he returned back to the vet, his hip was again dislocated, but the vet is not concerned about it. He said that there are many cats that live perfectly normal lives with dislocated hip.

Figaro is walking again, going to the bathroom very well, and getting back to being his normal self. We are still concerned because his appetite has not come back, he dropped 6 lbs in 2 weeks. I pretty sure that the medication they have him on for pain is what is causing the lack of appetite.

The vet said that Figaro can once again go outside on the porch for a short period of time but we should still try to limit his activities....that is easier said than done.

Thanks again for asking about him. I will be sure to give him hugs and kisses from his PT family. --- Meg

stacwase
11-12-2003, 07:24 AM
Wow - that's a lot of weight for 1 little kitty to lose! I hope Figaro isn't too skinny now.

Do you have to put his hip back in place each time it dislocates, or can he just walk around like that?

Hugs and kisses to Figaro!

sqwelch
11-12-2003, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the update, I was thinking about him last night aswell !!! {{{{HUGS}}}} to Figaro and I hope he gets well soon.
XOXOXO