PDA

View Full Version : Funny litterbox arrangement between Luna and Lily

Kirsten
10-31-2003, 07:04 AM
My girls have such a funny relationship! :)

You have to know, Luna has never covered her pee and poop in the litterbox; instead, she would scratch on the floor next to the box. My guess is she never learned to do that right because she has been taken away from her mommy at such a young age.

But for a couple of weeks now, Lily is doing that for her! Whenever she hears Luna using the box, she goes there and covers Luna's "business". Isn't that cute? :)

I wonder why she's doing that? Does she want to show her how to do that or does only want to help her and do her a favor, or maybe she just cannot stand the smell? Anyway, I think it's funny behavior! After all, Lily is still a little girl of 5 months! :)

Kirsten

Killearn Kitties
10-31-2003, 08:29 AM
Aww, that's very helpful of beautiful little Lily. Five months??? She must be getting bigger. It's too long since we have seen her.

ScantyNebula
10-31-2003, 08:38 AM
hehehe Toby used to do the same for Lily! He would wait around for her to do her deeds, and after she scraped her paw along the side of the box and floor for like 3 minutes, he would go try and cover up her dirt! He's not much better at it though, he spends most his time scratching at the side of the litterbox, and then makes one scoop at the litter. I never understood why neither one of my cats dont' know how to cover their dirt right! =/ Its totally cute tho!

catmandu
10-31-2003, 09:58 AM
In the wild cats cover thier waste , not for cleanliness , but not to atrract Predators! Maybe he is being a Helpful Henry , to show how much that he cares!

Craftlady
10-31-2003, 10:54 AM
Thumper was the "do your business and dash girl" until Butterscotch showed her about covering. I will say 8 times out of 10 she covers after several years with her brother :)

jazzcat
10-31-2003, 10:58 AM
Jazz does the litter box patrol around here. She goes to inspect after Scout or Ripley uses them and then she "cleans". Funny how one takes over the duty.

Kirsten
10-31-2003, 02:35 PM
That's interesting to hear that so many cats are doing that, while there are others who don't care!

Kirsten