PDA

View Full Version : pet talk chat room?

thunderdog
10-30-2003, 08:38 PM
just wondering if there is a pet talk chat room somewhere?

Kfamr
10-30-2003, 08:52 PM
Nope.

Shelteez2
10-30-2003, 08:53 PM
I know of one. It has it's ups and downs. Even though there are different rooms almost everyone hangs out in the General room.

http://www.acmechats.com/chat/

Dogz
10-30-2003, 08:56 PM
thunderdog was asking about a Pet Talk chatroom, not just any chatroom.
There is not one on Pet Talk, but some of us PTers chat under AIM. Go here to join. www.aim.com
It's not a chat roon though.:)

Shelteez2
10-30-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Dogz
thunderdog was asking about a Pet Talk chatroom, not just any chatroom.
There is not one on Pet Talk, but some of us PTers chat under AIM. Go here to join. www.aim.com
It's not a chat roon though.:)

Yes I know, but since there isn't one I suggested another one.

aly
10-30-2003, 10:22 PM
It would be cool if this site had a java based chat room. But then again, maybe its better without one :)

Kfamr
10-30-2003, 10:23 PM
I thought of that once, Aly... but now I think it would be better without, lol.

popcornbird
10-30-2003, 10:53 PM
I wouldn't want a public chat room on PT, but I think it would be really neat if there could be a private chat system, kind of like PM's, but instant, in which you could chat with one PT'er privately. :o The reason I *cough cough* would like this is because sometimes we PM people back and forth, and the PM box gets full too fast! :eek:If everyone's in the same room, I think that would be calling for lots of arguments! :eek: Its not easy to moderate a whole chat room. :D

zanzanfergie
10-31-2003, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I wouldn't want a public chat room on PT, but I think it would be really neat if there could be a private chat system, kind of like PM's, but instant, in which you could chat with one PT'er privately. :o The reason I *cough cough* would like this is because sometimes we PM people back and forth, and the PM box gets full too fast! :eek:If everyone's in the same room, I think that would be calling for lots of arguments! :eek: Its not easy to moderate a whole chat room. :D
But that's essentially what AIM, and MSN are PCB. :) "Instant PMs". You can have conversations with multiple people, or just one on one conversations, and you add, or block, as many people as you want.

Dogz
10-31-2003, 07:22 AM
The only thing I don't like about AIM is that some peoples computers are too slow for it.:(

amoore
10-31-2003, 08:06 AM
popcorn i agree with you : a private chat room would be good ! :)

popcornbird
10-31-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by zanzanfergie
But that's essentially what AIM, and MSN are PCB. :) "Instant PMs". You can have conversations with multiple people, or just one on one conversations, and you add, or block, as many people as you want.

Oh I know that Sarah. But I think it would be neat if PT could have its own Private Instant messenging service. :p He he. AIM refuses to work on my computer for some strange reason :confused:, and MSN is my main account and has way too much personal information for me to use for PT'ers. :p I only use that for family and friends who know me personally.

zanzanfergie
10-31-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Oh I know that Sarah. But I think it would be neat if PT could have its own Private Instant messenging service. :p He he. AIM refuses to work on my computer for some strange reason :confused:, and MSN is my main account and has way too much personal information for me to use for PT'ers. :p I only use that for family and friends who know me personally.
Fair enough, bella. :) I see what you mean. It would be neat to have a PT Instant Message system, I suppose, although I don't see why you're so very very reluctant to share even a smidgin of information about yourself! If you only added people you absolutely trust, from PT or otherwise, it would be no big deal, right? ;)

Kfamr
10-31-2003, 09:44 PM
I don't like the idea of Instant messaging system only because most sites that have those, it takes soooooo much time to load because all of the instant message boxes pop up.

Amber
10-31-2003, 09:49 PM
I think it would be cool to have one. Not for public though, Like Karen or Paul could set one up and have a special code/password for only PT members