PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!!! Wild Dog!!!

*FlatCoatsRule*
10-30-2003, 08:24 PM
I'm sooooo caught up with everything else, I don't have much spare time......but,Daisy's going nuts with all this energy!, does anyone have any tricks or games that they play with their dogs that burn off energy fast? Help PLEASE!!!:eek: :confused: :(

Dogz
10-30-2003, 08:30 PM
FETCH!:D :D :D

Kfamr
10-30-2003, 08:31 PM
Take her to a dog park, or just in your backyard to run around.

Moose
10-30-2003, 08:33 PM
Why not take her outside with you for a few minutes and let her run around? Or, take her for a quick walk around the block. Normally, when Moose is acting a little more "energetic" than usual, going for a walk or just letting him run around the yard for a little bit lets him get out any "craziness." Good luck.

thunderdog
10-30-2003, 08:35 PM
i know it's probably the wrong time of year but swimming wears my thunder out fast.

aly
10-30-2003, 08:36 PM
You need to make some time to exercise your dog. It is critical to her mental health. If you can't, maybe you can hire someone.

binka_nugget
10-30-2003, 08:59 PM
Well, you NEED to exercise her but for a quick fix for extra energy, I find that mental stimulation poops them out alot faster than physical activity. In fact, I don't think they've ever pooped themselves out physically but mentally, they're pooped after a game of hide and seek.

Dogz
10-30-2003, 09:08 PM
Prince gets tired out when I take out his rope toy and we play tug-o-war and also he runs away with it.

GoldenRetrLuver
10-30-2003, 09:30 PM
My Daisy LOVES to play fetch, go for walks, swim, training, etc...
It's VERY important you exercise her. If you don't, it could lead to destructive habits caused by severe boredom.

*FlatCoatsRule*
10-30-2003, 10:52 PM
Thanks everyone! I'll try EVERY one of them! :D

stacwase
10-31-2003, 06:35 AM
My dogs have been INSANELY energetic lately. Even Jake - who is normally quite mellow. I don't know what it is. Yesterday I brought them for a loooong walk in the woods to get rid of excess energy. Usually after a walk like that, they both come home and sleep all day and are mellow the next day. But no - neither one of them calmed down in the slightest. Jake's been running around driving the cat crazy, and Max is tagging us with his stuffys for chase games all day long!

Of course after all that exercise they wolf down their food so fast they barely give themselves time to breathe. Max was eating his so fast he was nearly choking on it!

Maybe it's the time of year?

amoore
10-31-2003, 08:42 AM
my tiny has been a new experiance for me ! she has more energy in that little chihuahua body than any of my bigger dogs , i have ever owned ! i just take her for long walks and let her chase the ball . she is then ready to settle down , when she gets back in the house . :)

Dawn
10-31-2003, 02:28 PM
As soon as the weather gets a little cool, Tyr is a different dog. He has sooo much energy!
I take him and Ginger to the dog park for a couple hours and then home. That is the only way to really wear them out.
At home they are total nuts. I am living on 1/2 acre-all fenced- and they run and run and it takes hours before they are worn out.
It does help to have a second dog to romp with. Before I got Ginger- Tyr was impossible in the winter. I had to run with him and he would wear me out!!;)