PDA

View Full Version : Guess What...... we found a stray!!

Toby's my baby
10-30-2003, 05:36 PM
On Tuesday or Wednesday a orange male tabby cat showed up at our house. Sara is the one that climbed up the tree (to get him befor Boo boo did). She brought him in the house and said befor anyone saw him "Can we keep him?!!!" My mom said no and to get him out of the house!!:mad: But that didnt last long!! Sara named him Whisky and he LOVES people. If you rub his head for a while then put your hand about 4 inches above his head he will jump up and rub his head against your hand himself!! He is full grown and walks kinda weird. I think he might have gotten hit my a car some time in his life.:( He is really sweet. He disappears and then shows up befor and after School. I love him to death and hope we can find his owners (or keep him if we cant) Wish us luck!!:D

FurMomx6
10-30-2003, 05:41 PM
He sounds like a really sweet kitty! Hopefully you'll get to keep him ;) or find him a good home if you cant. Let us know if you can keep him!

~Chelsea~

RedHedd
10-30-2003, 06:22 PM
LOL! My Mitzi does that jump up for head bumpies trick too -- it was the way she greeted me the first time I brought her home .... it was love at first head bumpie!

stacwase
10-30-2003, 07:39 PM
Hmmmm - disappears and then shows up before and after school, eh. I'll bet with a little detective work you'll find out that you're not the only home he comes home to! Yeah - one of the little two-timers I bet.:D :D

PayItForward
10-31-2003, 02:30 AM
Yep, sound like a two home kitty.

It is worth taking him to the vets to be scanned and see if he has a microchip and to check out the funny walk, if it is a new injury in might need treatment.

Does he have a collar tag ?

If you find out he is stray, please have him checked for aids & Leukemia before you adopt him, it will save pain & heartache on both sides later on.

Never bring a new animal straight into a house with existing pets, as even cats that look healthy can be very sick.

Put new cat in an isolated room until all tests are clear and any ownership matters resolved. Give new cat his own water/food bowls in the same room and DO NOT let your cats in that room and wash your hands well with soap & water after you touch new cat.

I'd love to hear a update. (Pref after he has been to the vets)

Toby's my baby
11-08-2003, 06:45 PM
He totally disappeared!!! I dont know where he went and if he'll ever be back!!!

momofcats
11-08-2003, 07:28 PM
I am sorry to hear that. He may have been lost and found his home again or just wandered away during the day for some lovin and now back inside with his normal family.
Stay calm and don't think the worse...sounds as though this little cat had another family somewhere.

catmandu
11-09-2003, 10:18 AM
Just put a liitle food out , and he will come back. Some of the Strays at the Hotel , dont come all the time , but if you feed them , they will come!

Toby's my baby
11-15-2003, 12:22 PM
I didnt think the worst but the worst happened!!! I found him:( Frozen in the field one day when I was riding

sirrahbed
11-15-2003, 01:19 PM
Oh (((((Beth))))) I am so sorry to hear this!!!:( :( :( :(

catcrazylady
11-15-2003, 01:22 PM
Thats so sad http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/frown.gif I'm so sorry. It must have been painful to find him like that.
{{{HUGS}}} http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/frown.gif

rg_girlca
11-15-2003, 01:40 PM
Oh how heartbreaking. I'm so sorry.:(

Baby Leila
11-15-2003, 07:46 PM
(((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))
I'm so sorry to hear that.:( That is so sad. The same thing happened to my mom when she was young. Her mom wouldn't let the cat come in so it froze to death one night.:(

CatDad
11-15-2003, 09:51 PM
I am so sorry this happened:(

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} to you.

catmandu
11-16-2003, 12:55 PM
We are praying that you can keep him , of find him a Good Furrever Home! Found Cats Inc.

Dogz
11-16-2003, 01:37 PM
I am so sorry to hear this Beth.:( That is really sad. {{HUGS}} I hope Whiskey has fun at the RB.

catmandu
11-17-2003, 09:25 AM
I missed thethread where you found the Poor little Stray frozen. weare sending our Codolences and my cat angels will keep an eye out for him , and make sure that he has a day in cat Heven , and will no longer be cold , or hungry, ever again. RIP , Little Stray.

amoore
11-17-2003, 11:18 AM
Im so sorry for your loss ! :(

ramanth
11-17-2003, 12:44 PM
So sorry for your loss. :(