PDA

View Full Version : Not looking good for Figaro

catlover4ever
10-30-2003, 05:28 PM
Well, the latest update from the vet is that Figaro can not go to the bathroom by himself. It seems that he is paralized and they don't know if it will be permanent or if it is that his system is still in shock from the fall. I am truely hoping that it is the later of the two. I'm at such a loss on what to tell my mom. She always looks to me for the knowledge and advice on what is wrong with each of them and I just don't know what to tell her.

I know that cats do absolutely fine with not having the use of their back quarters. I know that there are several companies out there that make little wagons that you can put the back legs into and the cat can still be mobile but I don't know what mom will decide.

Just wanted to keep everyone updated, and please keep the prayers coming. I love my Figaro...even though he really is not mine. I call myself his "Aunti", and he sure is Auntie's boy.

Thanks for listening and the prayers-----Meg

slick
10-30-2003, 05:35 PM
Oh Meg, I pray it's only temporary. My heart goes out to you and your Mom. I would encourage your Mom to do some research into the wagons. I have see TV shows on them and pets can adjust to using them.

rg_girlca
10-30-2003, 09:04 PM
Oh no. I also pray that it is just the shock of the fall and that it is only temporary
You and your mom will be in my prayers that Figaro pulls through with a complete recovery.

moosmom
10-30-2003, 09:14 PM
Meg,

I'm sorry to hear about Figs. I hope it's just temporary. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom and, of course, Figaro.

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-31-2003, 01:18 AM
Keeping Figaro in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS)))) to you and your Mum.

PayItForward
10-31-2003, 02:34 AM
Adding my prayers for a complete recovery.

Barbara
10-31-2003, 02:45 AM
Oh that's what I was afraid of. Anyway I would think of that with the wagon. I know a dog in Malaysia who is paralyzed and has such a wagon and he is a perfectly happy dog.

I hope so much that Figaro gets still better and it only was the shock.

jenluckenbach
10-31-2003, 06:20 AM
Oh, this is so sad. Such a hard decision. Do they know how long it will be before they will know that it is definitely permanent? In other words, how much time must pass before they can say for certain. I hope he can make a good recovery, it would be such a hard way to lose a special friend.

Kirsten
10-31-2003, 06:47 AM
Oh, how sad! :( I hope it's only a temporary thing! My best wishes to him!!!

Kirsten