PDA

View Full Version : Puppy Teeth

shais_mom
11-16-2001, 01:56 AM
Just wondering, when do puppies lose their baby teeth? I want to be prepared to find puppy teeth!!

Pam
11-16-2001, 06:36 AM
Staci as I recall it was around 4 months with Bella. It was nice to see those little "stick pins" fall out and the nice permanent teeth come in as she loved nibbling my fingers at that age! :eek: By the way, what are your doing at the computer at 2:56 AM? I hope you weren't having a bad night with little Keegan! :)

Logan
11-16-2001, 08:12 AM
Staci, I NEVER saw a tooth from either Honey or Lilly, but I promise you one thing, I felt them!!! :eek:

kobieeli
11-16-2001, 11:07 AM
Yup, it's about 4 months old when they start falling out. I remember the vet estimating Kobie's age (approx. 6 mo.) by looking in her mouth--she had all of her molars in at that time, and they're the last ones to grow. And with Eli, those sharp little razors he had through puppyhood began falling out at almost exactly 4 months. We'd find them in the oddest places, and some got knocked out during play (lots of blood--freaked us out :eek: ). But those adult teeth are soooo much easier on your skin!

Albea
11-16-2001, 11:57 AM
Yes Staci, it's about at four months when they start to loose the puppy teeth. If you see that she's uncomfortable, you can give her some ice cubes to chew.
When Natasha, my first Golden, was loosing her baby teeth I used to give her ice cubes. She would chew them for a while and then put them in her "treasure chest", where she had all her toys. When she came back looking for the cube, she was very confused because it wasn't there any more and what she found instead was a puddle. ;)

3-greys-and-a-mutt
11-16-2001, 12:08 PM
I just remembered that I still have my Freckles' puppy teeth (the ones that we found :rolleyes: ) from the summer of 1985!

Anyone else keep their dog's puppy teeth?

shais_mom
11-16-2001, 12:12 PM
ok then I have a while to think about it then!!!
Pam, I work 3-11 pm so I get on the computer and am up most of the night :eek:
Usually instant messaging with Aly! Or whoever! I used to work 5p to 530am and am still having a hard time going back to sleeping like a normal person!
Alicia, that is a cute story about the ice cubes. I saw a teething bone at the pet store but was wondering why I couldn't make one of my own. I don't think there was anything in it.
Thanks!