PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed for Ginger

petlover
10-30-2003, 12:22 PM
Ginger got bit by a rattlesnake this morning on her cheek. The vet said to just leave her alone overnight and she'll be fine. I am worried sick and in tears over it. I am so worried. It just happened about 1 hour and a half ago. I am praying for her every step of the way. Will you pray to so that Ginger will come through ok? We would really appreciate the prayers.

Albea
10-30-2003, 12:59 PM
Oh, poor Ginger.:( Prayers and positive thoughts going her way.
If you check the ASPCA Poison Control Center you may find some answers www.apcc.aspca.org , the toll free phone number is (888) 426-4435.
Please let us know how she's doing and give her a big hug from me.

Linda York
10-30-2003, 01:18 PM
:( Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Give Ginger big hugs for us, and please let us know how she is doing. :( I can't imagine that the vet said "just to watch her", I hope you will call the numbers that Albea gave you and get some answers fast. Let us know.
Hang in there Ginger...... :(
We send our love.

My Peanuts
10-30-2003, 01:23 PM
Oh wow! Poor Ginger. :( I will pray for her. I live in Chicago and snake bites aren't a problem here. Is it normal to just wait and watch when this happens? I would take the advice of Albea and call poison control. Please keep us updated on the poor baby. :(

stacwase
10-30-2003, 01:32 PM
Oh my goodness! That's just terrible! How's she feeling? Do they give dogs antivenom? What did the vet do? I hope she'll be OK!

tatsxxx11
10-30-2003, 01:45 PM
Oh no!!!! Poor Ginger:(:( I have no idea how snake bites are treated in dogs...I too would take Albea's advice and get the poison control center a call right away. Perhaps they can give you some added reassurance. Many, many prayers are coming your way, Ginger girl. Please check back and let us know how she's doing. {{{HUGS}}}

petlover
10-30-2003, 01:54 PM
Ginger's cheek is swelling. We are fixing to call that number. Thanks Albea!!!:) Ginger is acting very miserable. We feel so bad. I hope that the swelling goes down. And as for letting the dogs just sit alone. I don't think that you are supposed to do that. Dogs are known to get a snake bite, run off, and come back a few days later healed. I think that we will call the number right when I get off. I am so afraid to take any chances. Thanks again Albea!!!

stacwase
10-30-2003, 01:57 PM
I can't imagine them not wanting to treat her.

We had this girl come into the ICU with a rattlesnake bite. She was there almost a week! Of course - she was allergic to the antivenom otherwise she would have been out sooner. But still - you'd think the vet would at least want to observe her! :confused: :confused:

sisterdog
10-30-2003, 02:16 PM
When my Checotah was bitten by a snake, the vet gave her fluids, an antibiotic, and the antivenin (this last at our request). He kept her overnight for observation. I can't imagine a vet just doing nothing!

ChrisH
10-30-2003, 04:31 PM
Oh, no, poor Ginger. :( Sending prayers.

Moose
10-30-2003, 07:28 PM
Sending prayers your way....

RobiLee
10-31-2003, 10:03 AM
Poor Ginger! I am thinking of you. How are things today?

Robin :)

stacwase
10-31-2003, 10:08 AM
Have you been to the vet? How's Ginger?

Albea
11-01-2003, 11:21 AM
How's Ginger doing? I still can't believe the vet didn't do anything to help her.:mad: Did you call the ASPCA?
Please let us know when you have some news.

delidog
11-01-2003, 05:11 PM
All Paws Crossed for Dear Ginger

You are both in our thoughts and prayers..
Please let us know when you can....

Tonya
11-01-2003, 05:17 PM
I'll be praying for Ginger. Please keep us updated!

tatsxxx11
11-01-2003, 05:30 PM
Prayers continue for beautiful Ginger. Please check in when you can.:confused:

petlover
11-01-2003, 09:49 PM
Hey you guys!!! Thank you for all of the prayers. I am so glad that people on this site are so understanding!!! Anyhow, Ginger's swelling has gone down!:) She is also feeling a bit better. We did call the ASPCA. They told some things on how to help her. Luckily, through all of the prayers and help...

Ginger is showing improvement!!!:D

Thank you guys %100! But, keep praying. It's not over yet.

Foam
11-01-2003, 09:55 PM
Oh, Ginger is beautiful! :) Good for her that she's getting better! :)
Hugs from us, and prayers are coming Ginger's way! :)

slick
11-01-2003, 09:58 PM
All fingers and paws crossed here that Ginger continues to get better.

ChrisH
11-02-2003, 05:37 AM
That is good news. :) Prayers continue.

KYS
11-02-2003, 05:51 AM
When I read your first post, I was scared.
Than I scrolled down,
I am so happy/relieved that Ginger is improving.

anna_66
11-02-2003, 08:02 AM
Sorry to hear about her getting bit, but I'm glad to hear that she is improving. Please keep us updated on how she's feeling.
Sending some prayers & positive thoughts your way.
Anna

Albea
11-02-2003, 09:38 AM
That's good news! I hope she keeps improving and can stay away from those nasty snakes in the future.

petlover
11-04-2003, 02:38 PM
Hey guys! I want to thank you all for continuing to pray for Ginger and keeping hope. I am so happy to report this...

The vet said that Ginger is almost completely healed!!!:D I am sooo glad. Ginger knows it too!:p I attached a photo of her this morning when the vet told us that. I am so happy for her. Again, thank you for all of the prayers and thoughts. I will let you know when her healing is complete.

She is asking me if I heard the news.

My Peanuts
11-04-2003, 03:04 PM
Ginger looks great! I'm so happy she is almost all better.

tatsxxx11
11-04-2003, 05:24 PM
Awww, just look at that beautiful, happy, healing girl:) What great news, pelover! You might not know it, but the power of the Pet Talk prayer patrol is known far and wide! :) Looking forward to hearing that Ginger is fully recovered! Please, give that goregeous Golden girl a hug! Sandra

petlover
11-12-2003, 02:14 PM
Ok ok ok. Ginger is all better!!!!:D Thank yall so much for your prayers and thoughts. They helped Ginger pull through!:)

Logan
11-12-2003, 02:17 PM
What great news!!!!!! Big hugs to Ginger, please, for being so brave. :)