PDA

View Full Version : No more Human Food

Kfamr
10-29-2003, 09:54 PM
I've decided not to give Simba and Nala anymore human food, other than carrots which Nala loves. Simba doesn't but, he can stick to milkbones.

After hearing of Duke getting pancreitis(sp?) I don't want to risk it.

So, no more human food for them.

Poor babies, they're probably wondering why I won't share with them.
It's so hard not to, but it's what's best. I just can't stand looking into their eyes while I eat one of my favorite snacks, and they don't get any. The past few days i've kept milkbones with me while I ate, just so when I got that urge, they get a milkbone. :p

micki76
10-29-2003, 09:58 PM
I didn't know Duke had Pancreatitis. Chester does too, and it's a horrible thing. When he has an attack it's obviously very painful for him. :(

I think that's a good decision and they'll get used to it. Mine were the WORST beggars and now they ignore us when we're eating. Unless we have scrambled eggs. :D

Shelteez2
10-29-2003, 10:12 PM
Only really fatty foods are really bad. Veggies aren't. My dogs love veggies, any type. Emily especially loves broccoli. And I always spit cucumber at them to teach them straight fronts in obedience, LOL ;)

jenfer
10-29-2003, 10:18 PM
Hi Kay,
I think you have made a great choice.
My mom has stopped giving Chilli human food long time ago. Due to the fact that she has been giving grapes to her for a long time and then she discovered that grapes gave Chilli cyrsytal in her uninary tract and of course chocolate is a big no no. In addition to that, Chilli throw up easily when eat any food that is "new" to her... and she has bad skin. And both of us agree that's why there is DOG FOOD, cuz they are made for dogs. My mom is very good in not giving Chilli any human food, even though they have those SUPER CUTE eyes when they are asking for food. On the other hand...my dad is the one who loves to sneak food to Chilli. :rolleyes: No wonder she always follow him when he has food. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :p :) :)
Jen

Kfamr
10-29-2003, 10:20 PM
I know veggies aren't bad for them,
that's why I still give Nala carrots. She LOVES them.
Simba doesn't like veggies or fruits.