PDA

View Full Version : What did we do?

RICHARD
10-29-2003, 06:39 PM
A minor earthquake occurred at 3:44:48 PM (PST) on Wednesday, October 29, 2003.
The magnitude 3.6 event occurred 1 km (1 miles) WNW of Simi Valley, CA. The hypocentral depth is 14 km ( 8 miles).
:eek:

Let's see,

We need a flood, epidemic and a locusts up the old wazoo!!!!

CamCamPup33
10-29-2003, 06:42 PM
oh no, hope everyone there is safe.. Richard your gonna jinx us with the flood!! :D :p

popcornbird
10-29-2003, 06:49 PM
You had fires...........and now an earthquake?!?! :eek:

Is God mad at Southern Californians right now or something? ;) :p

Maybe you folks down there are being bad. *shakes head*

Just kidding!

He he he

RICHARD
10-29-2003, 07:05 PM
that's a small earthquake.....

it's just enough to remind you where you live...

God mad at SoCal people???

I guess he can be, after all, it is his planet.:)

slick
10-29-2003, 07:24 PM
We've had lots of small earthquakes up here in the past but they always happen at night and I sleep right through them.

I always say, things happen in 3's.......

lovemyshiba
10-29-2003, 07:33 PM
Be careful what you wish for........

Stay safe:)

micki76
10-29-2003, 08:44 PM
Think it has anything to do with Ah-nald?

Dogz
10-29-2003, 08:48 PM
You must have done something!:p

Stay safe!:)

popcornbird
10-29-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Dogz
You must have done something!:p

He did! That's why God's mad at Southern CA, and keeps shaking them up. They're being bad bad humans. :p ;)

*Maybe God's mad at you folks for voting for Arnold. If you looked at the poll results, most Northern Californians voted against him* :p

Its the Southern Californians' fault that CA got an actor. :p He he he

Dogz
10-29-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
He did! That's why God's mad at Southern CA, and keeps shaking them up. They're being bad bad humans. :p ;)

*Maybe God's mad at you folks for voting for Arnold. If you looked at the poll results, most Northern Californians voted against him* :p

Its the Southern Californians' fault that CA got an actor. :p He he he
I think you're right PCB!:p

GoldenRetrLuver
10-29-2003, 09:07 PM
Oh HUSH PCB! Or I'll....hehehe. ;)
Yes, we're bad people. :p I didn't feel the earthquake at all..I'm a ways away from Simi Valley.

Soledad
10-29-2003, 09:12 PM
We used to get quakes at 5.5 on the Richter Scale in NZ and I NEVER felt them. I only felt one, and I think that on was at or near 6. It was still very mild.

popcornbird
10-29-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Oh HUSH PCB! Or I'll....hehehe. ;)
Yes, we're bad people. :p I didn't feel the earthquake at all..I'm a ways away from Simi Valley.

:D:D:D He he he he

luckies4me
10-30-2003, 12:23 AM
Ah Richard, that's nothing! For people who don't know, us Californians are VERY used to quakes. Get them all the time.......seems to mostly happen when I am sitting down eating breakfast. :rolleyes:

I think earthquakes are fun, as long as they don't cause damage and all. The strongest one I felt was the 7.0 a few years ago.........was that the Northridge quake or Big Bear? Oh and then of course there was the San Fran quake which almost everyone and their mother could feel!:eek:

RICHARD
10-30-2003, 12:49 AM
god is a republican...

why else would he have given al gore the short end of the stick?

and the day I have anything to do with causing any problems like we have had here in SoCal will be they day i'll leave.

The people, as crazy as we can be, don't deserve the suffering in the past week. No matter what you see on the telly you WILL NEVER know.... until you get out here for a 6.2 earthquake or a fire racing down a hill toward you.

I was in the Santa Susanna pass during the fires about 10 years ago. I happened to drive past a fire rig parked on the road.

Later on I saw that the rig was overrun by a firestorm and 4-5 fireman were severely burned.....

Try this.

find a BBQ, light a huge wood fire in it and put a fan behind it...

make sure you put the BBQ next to your house while the fan spreads all the sparks...

Take a spray bottle and run back and forth trying to put all the little fires that start.....

Soledad,

lol, a 6 is mild?

You do not know.

1971, 1987, 1994 and some others in between.

Try spending 30 seconds, in the pitch dark basement of a 10 story building during a mild '6'..........

It's pretty freaking amazing when you see the 6 foot slab of concrete under your knees rippling like a lake.

When the 'mild 6' is over the first thing you'll do is find a place to empty your drawers-

actually that will be the second thing you'll do....

The first thing is to end your conversation with your god.

Fortunately for me I have good muscle control......

I didn't cry until I got home.

Sometimes God decides to put little fear and some setbacks in your way, what he looks for is how you act after he's done.

We've been there, done that.

We'll be o.k.

:)

KYS
10-30-2003, 08:01 AM
I felt it!!
I was on the PC and the monitar started shaking just
a little.
(I got the sensation of being motion sick for a second)
I looked up but did not see the light ficture
swaying so I thought I was going nuts.

Thanks Richard, now I know if I'm nuts it's not because
of seeing movement. lol

luckies4me,
I never get use to earthquakes.
When a strong enough one comes along I feel a pit
in my stomach.

gini
10-30-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
You had fires...........and now an earthquake?!?! :eek:

Is God mad at Southern Californians right now or something? ;) :p

He he he

I don't think God is mad at Southern Californian's, but I think He might be pretty angry with the people that started these fires!

Think about standing before God trying to explain why you deliberately torched a dry area thinking it was a good idea at the time.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-30-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by micki76
Think it has anything to do with Ah-nald?

That's what I was thinking. ;) :D

popcornbird
10-30-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by gini
I don't think God is mad at Southern Californian's, but I think He might be pretty angry with the people that started these fires!

Think about standing before God trying to explain why you deliberately torched a dry area thinking it was a good idea at the time.

That's for sure! How can ANYONE be so evil? HOW?!?

Anyway, there's rain coming your way hopefully this weekend, so time to celebrate! Woo hoo! Let's hope it puts down all the fires.

http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/USCA0982?dayNum=2

momoffuzzyfaces
10-30-2003, 12:50 PM
Gosh, you'd think if God was mad at anyone in California, it would be Hollywood.

Stay safe everyone.

RICHARD
10-30-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Gosh, you'd think if God was mad at anyone in California, it would be Hollywood.

Stay safe everyone.

Or Mel Gibson???

popcornbird
10-30-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Or Mel Gibson???

OR RICHARD!

*cough cough* :o

Just Kidding! :p

RICHARD
10-30-2003, 02:29 PM
You may be right.

I was on my way to work when I noticed that someone had scrawled the words, "enjoy life" on one of the boxes that holds the electrical switches for the stop lights. "AHA!!!! I'll use that for my signature....."

I thought it was a pretty neat, upbeat message...as I drove away I wondered how much you can enjoy life while the world around you is on fire...........

That's where the 'Enjoy Life/natural disaster' thing came from.

The earthquake was a message to me not to be so pessimistic!!