PDA

View Full Version : i need vet advise...dixie dancer!!!!

delidog
11-12-2001, 06:32 PM
this started last fri. a.m. 11/09/01...my delilah woke up dead lame ...both front legs.....the only thing different we had done the night before was have a tug-o-war with her star toy before bed.....so i was concerned about her shoulders and neck...i gave her 2 tylenol a day...1 a.m.,1p.m. until sunday,i only gave 1 at 6:00 a.m. so vet could get a true picture of the laameness....i took her at 9:15 a.m. this morning....he did flex tests on both front....she winced on the left...she is still very lame....he said it is accute arthritis....she is a dal./ hound mix...5 1/2 years 70 lbs....that didn't bother me as much as it is similar to a navicular bursa in horses....they all react differently....what bothers me is two things...even with an appointment....he did not have time to x-ray her today...this would be my first avenue after understanding there is no infection or topical injury...he said bring her back next week...and that she would have to be left all day as she was to be anestethised!!!!! for 2 front leg x-rays?!?!?!?!??! i did horses for 17 years...i x-rayed all kinds of joints....i never put them under.....can you advise....have you heard of this????he said he can't get dogs to sit still for this x-ray....front wrists!!! or ankles....whatever you refer to them as....i am so unnerved by this man and i have been going to him exclusively since i got delilah from the pound...can you offer any advise?!?!?!?!? :confused: :eek: :mad:

Karen
11-12-2001, 09:12 PM
Would he consider not putting her under if she held still? Is she usually calm or fidgety? She probably couldn't have anyone holding her paws during the x-ray, so they probably just do it as a precaution …