PDA

View Full Version : Hello

CatDad
10-29-2003, 11:34 AM
Hello Everyone,

I just registered on the Board yesterday and thought that I would finally introduce myself.

I have been reading Dog, Cat, Pet of day for a few years now. It usually makes the day go better. I started to look through the messages over the past couple of months and decided that I should finally join and say hi.

I used the name CatDad (real name is Bryan) because that it what I am. Actually, if I where to be truthful the name would be Cat Servant, but I liked CatDad better. :D

Just because I have cats does not mean that I dislike other animals. In fact I like all animals, it just means that the cats are what work in my life.

I am owned by 2 kitties, Bob and Joey. Bob is a Maine Coon Mix or look alike and Joey is a DSH. I have not gotten a guess on what she is. I keep forgetting to ask my Vet. I got them both from a local no kill shelter.

Anyway, that is probably enough for now. I will post stories and pics of my babies in Cat > General today or tomorrow. I need sometime to pick out which pictures that I want to post.:confused:

I hope everyone has a great day.

PS - I thought that I would mention a couple of items now and get it out. I am lousy about getting back to people, but I will make an effort about being better in the future. I am also a lousy speller, so if I forget to run a message through a spell checker I am almost assured of having a couple of misspelled words. Now you know and have been warned.:eek: ;)

slick
10-29-2003, 11:48 AM
Hi Bryan. Welcome to Pet Talk. My name is Vickie but everyone calls me Slick. I'm owned by two cats, Max the persian who is 10 and Speckles the tabby who is 16. Looking forward to seeing pictures of Bob and Joey.:)

micki76
10-29-2003, 11:52 AM
Hi Bryan! Welcome to the board! :D

We have quite a few people from your neck of the woods, so you should feel at home.

Your furkids sound so cute and I love their names. As you can see by my signature pic, I have dogs. I like to live vicariously through the cat people though, since I married a man who's allergic to cats and has horrible asthma.

Can’t wait for pics of your kiddos! Don't worry about which ones to post, just post a bunch! :D

lynnestankard
10-29-2003, 12:12 PM
Hi Bryan - Welcome to another Cat Dad - we have a few!!

Of course all us cat lovers are devoted servants to our furkids - of which I've got three - a boy Ketchum and girl........well...lady Bagel - they are all black brother and sister - and then there's Dan a tuxxie boy who likes to think he's a street-wise, butch boy - he's not he's a wus!
Love to see pics., of everyone's pets - and please don't worry about spelling mistakes - we all make 'em!!

Lynne

RobiLee
10-29-2003, 12:16 PM
Hi Bryan,

Welcome to Pet Talk! Can't wait to see pics of Bob and Joey. We all love pics here.

My name is Robin and I am owned by a 7 month old Akita named, Katie. We are glad to have you on board with us.

Robin :)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-29-2003, 12:26 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Bryan.
My name is Connie. I have 4 cats: Leonardo who is 13, Luke who is 10, Grandma who is 8, and Chester who is the baby at 3. There is also a stray I call Pib (short for pain in the behind), and her two babies who are curently outside.

I'm glad you decided to join us.:)

PJ's Mom
10-29-2003, 12:45 PM
Welcome Bryan! :)

anna_66
10-29-2003, 01:22 PM
Welcome to PT Bryan!

I'm Anna. No cats unfortunately for me, but I have 3 wonderful doggies (Angus, Roxey & Huney~they are all dressed up for halloween in my sig pic below:)).

Now, since you've been reading the forum for the past couple months you must know how much we adore pictures, so.....:D

CatDad
10-29-2003, 03:22 PM
Thank you for you warm welcomes. That was very nice of you.:D :D :D

I picked out pictures of my babies to post , and as soon as I get done with thier stories I will post them.

lovemyshiba
10-29-2003, 03:43 PM
Welcome Bryan!!

I am a doggie mommy, but I do love cats too. Unfortunately too much time with them makes me sneeze:(
I can't wait to see pictures of yours--you don't need to pick out a few--post them all!!!!!!

I am owned by a Shiba Inu named Kito, a Beagle named Abbey (both almost 2 years old), a Lab named Riley (10 months), and a Rottie named Jada (2 years).

Hope you like it here!!!!

Moose
10-29-2003, 04:00 PM
Hey Bryan, welcome! :) My name's Brooke and I'm owned by a 3y/o yellow Lab named Moose......he's my baby [pic in my sig]. Your furkids sound wonderful....and don't worry about which pictures to post, POST THEM ALL!! :) All of us PTers love pics!

ticosmyham
10-29-2003, 04:01 PM
Hi Bryan!! Welcome to Pet Talk! My name is Anne, and I am the proud owner of 1 dog (bear), one hamster (tico), and eight beautiful birds!! I hope you like Pet Talk!! :D

PayItForward
10-29-2003, 04:20 PM
Welcome to Pettalk :D

I am owned by the six cats in my signature.

Bare in mind I only had Georgie when I joined this site, now we also live with Milly, Milo, Treacle and the kits Bramble & Tigs. So watch out ;)

Where are your photos ? :eek:

tatsxxx11
10-29-2003, 04:27 PM
Hi Bryan and welcome to you and your furkids!!:D My name's Sandra and I'm a petacholic...;) Acutally, I'm slave to two doggies, Star a yellow Lab, Cody, a Husky/Shep, 2 kitties, Mr. B a DLH...(we're thinking possible Turkish Van:)) Oliver, a Maine Coon (x) and Moon, my guinea pig! Looking forwarding to hearing from you, Bob and Joey...and seeing pics!!:)

Kiia
10-29-2003, 06:01 PM
Hi,

Welcome! I'm fairly new myself here as well but everyone is so friendly I'm sure you won't have a problem settling in. :)

Growing up I had a few cats, (and dogs), I remember my first cat ever. He was a golden fluffy cat - real beautiful coat on him - hence the name Fluffy. :D I loved that little guy, he followed me everywhere.

For now, I have 1 dog, he's a Min Pin, named Teeko.

rg_girlca
10-29-2003, 06:14 PM
Hi Bryan, a hearty welcome to Pet Talk.
My name is Lorraine and I am owned by 4 furbabies as you see in my signature.
Can't wait to see pics of Bob & Joey.
Especially Bob as my Mooky is also a Main Coon mix.

carole
10-29-2003, 06:23 PM
Hi there Bryan, nice to see another male aboard, WELCOME to you and your furkids, my user name is my real name, and I am from Aotearoa, (NZ) and owned by kitties Ash and Lexie.

Looking forward to those pics.:)

stacwase
10-29-2003, 06:35 PM
Hi, Bryan! I'm Stacey. You can see my babies below. I've been a dog person all my life but I'm beginning to get hooked on cats, now that we have Miss Kate.

Nice to have you here - visit often and bring lots of pictures!

jenluckenbach
10-29-2003, 06:51 PM
WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME

My 14 cats are pictured in my signature and I also foster. I hve 3 5 month old kittens at this time.
Hope to see and hear more about your 2 kitties and YES !!!!! be fore-warned, we have ways of "making" you adopt more kitties. ;) :p :D

wolflady
10-29-2003, 06:58 PM
Hi Bryan and welcome to Pet Talk! You will soon become addicted to posting like you have been addicted to Cat, Dog and Pet of the Day! ;)
My name is Karen and I am owned by 3 kitties and 1 doggie. My kitties are pictured in my siggy. My dog, Priya, is a pretty recent addition and she is a small mutt that I adopted from the local animal shelter where I volunteer. Start posting those pics and stories!
**hugs**
Karen

CatDad
10-29-2003, 09:19 PM
Thanks again for all of your welcomes.

I posted stories and pics in Cat > Cat General.

Warning, there are is alot of stories. :eek: I got a little carried away.:o I also posted pics.:D

ChrisH
10-30-2003, 03:58 PM
Hi Bryan, Welcome to Pet Talk! :D I have a Bob too, but he is a dog!:) I also have a cat named Ebby and you can see pictures of both of them in my signature pic.
Looking foward to checking out Bob and Joey`s stories and pictures. :)

Christine

Russian Blue
10-30-2003, 04:30 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Bryan!

My name is Kass but I'm also known as Russian Blue on the boards, so I'll respond to both! :D Currently, I only have one cat, Nakita who is in my signature and she's 16 months old.

I'm going to go read about your cats. Hope you enjoy your time here!

;)

tomkatzid
11-07-2003, 11:55 PM
OK, so I'm 9 days late in giving you your welcome. And I feel guilty now that you gave me so much help and I didn't even welcome you. But I did noticed the first day you signed up. Love your name.

http://stranglethecat.com/Uploads/4/welcom8.gif
This is really a heart felt welcome and thank you:D You saved Tom so much money. I would have had to buy an airplane ticket, new clothes for the trip, new luggage, get my hair done,all to go to a big city and go to an all night inertnet cafe to use their computer to get on Pet Talk. Yes, I'm that addicted....and now with your help I am still here at home with the pups and cat and a nice fire, being able to surf Pet Talk.
So THANK YOU, THANK YOU, and THANK YOU and welcome.
Looking forward to meeting you up at Marymore.
Katz
Tom thanks you too, he won't admit it but he too is addicted. He looks at it at work too:p

CatDad
11-08-2003, 12:01 AM
You're very welcome, I was glad I could help.:D

I am also glad that you didn't have to leave your family to go to an internet cafe. I know your husband would be fine, but I am sure all of the furry ones would not understand.

Thank you for the welcome even if it is nine days late. ;)

trayi52
11-08-2003, 02:47 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Bryan, I go my trayi52, but my name is Willie, and I am a mom to two cats, Grover and Stubby. Grover is my baby, as you can see in my signature. By the way Popcorn made my beautiful signature, she is very talented. (thanks Popcorn). Anyway welcome!:)

Cataholic
11-08-2003, 05:40 AM
Hi Bryan! Let me be even later than Tomkatzid in welcoming you. I have been kind of busy at the old salt mines lately. I know you will like it here, and I will go check out your postings in cats...being a cat fan myself. AND a fan on one St. B, Binx.

I used to live in Bellevue...just for a couple of years, while working at an insurance company. I have now returned to my home city. Enjoy PT!