PDA

View Full Version : Getting better!!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-29-2003, 02:01 AM
Things are slowly improving and working themselves out!

My husband came home last night (photos are coming - but I need to buy a new charger for the camera - he left it behind:rolleyes: ). He REALLY likes Connor! He says he is such a handsome boy, and the two of them seem to suit each other's personalities. Loads of scritchies and tummy-rubs! Although he HAS complained that the cat is LOUD!!

Last night we had another supervised visit. They eyed each other up for a few minutes, then Connor moved towards Ally, and she ran away! He didn't make much effort to catch her - just chased her out of the bedroom and then stopped, so I think a lot of it is just posturing - they are working out their place in the "food chain". After that hapenned I spent a few minutes with Connor, then put him back in his room (I didn't want to do it straight away, in case he associated chasing Ally with getting "locked away". Then I went looking for Ally. She hadn't retreated as far as last time (she was just sitting on the kitchen table - last time she went behind the washing machine).....and when I walked up to her there was no attack on ME like last time, so things are definately improving.

We ended the evening with a HAM feast inches from each other, with the kitchen door open a bit!

Also on a positive note, Connor's tummy seems to be getting used to the change in diet - he is not quite as much of a *Stinky Butt* as he was during the first few days! One problem - despite being short-haired, he has a "cling-on" problem, so I now have a pack of baby-wipes handy before I pick him up!

One funny thing - this morning Ally was in my son's room, so I took Connor into my bedroom and closed the door. He sniffed around like usual, then jumped into the bath as usual - except this time IT HAD WATER IN IT!!! Silly boy! He jumped straight out again and spend the next half hour under my bed licking himself dry:rolleyes:

Barbara
10-29-2003, 02:41 AM
The fact that your husband likes him must be even more important at the moment than that the situation with Ally is improving:)

All sounds very good:) :)

sqwelch
10-29-2003, 08:06 AM
Excellent, sounds like progress is defo being made, in a months time you'll be sitting back thinking 'what was all that fuss about' probably with one cat either side of you - HOPEFULLY :D

catlover4ever
10-29-2003, 08:12 AM
That is wonderful news. Sounds like your husband and Connor will get along wonderfully. Ally will continue to come around.

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-29-2003, 08:44 AM
Right now they are sitting on either side of the glass sliding door which separates my kitchen from the rest of the house. It's opened about 2 inches, and they are nose-to-nose on either side! No growling or hissing to be heard! Rather just a curious prodding through the gap with front paws (and NO CLAWS)....this may be working out!!!:D :D :D

Craftlady
10-29-2003, 08:51 AM
I agree, things are working out just fine. :)

Edwina's Secretary
10-29-2003, 09:29 AM
In Cat Integration Time, this is lightening speed! Well done all!

catmandu
10-29-2003, 09:36 AM
please dont worry , as I am sure that Connor and Ally will eventually be the Best Of Friends!

RedHedd
10-29-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
In Cat Integration Time, this is lightening speed! Well done all!
No kidding! WOW! AMAZING! Keep doing what you're doing and soon you will have both of them at your side, purring gleefully.

Cataholic
10-29-2003, 10:59 AM
I hate to say it......BUT, We all told you so!!! Great News! I can't wait for pics, and another opportunity to see your beautiful home.

Sara luvs her Tinky
10-29-2003, 11:08 AM
Sounds like things are moving along just great! I am glad your husband and Conner are bonding. Ally will come around soon too! Before you know it they will be best buds!!

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE PICTURES!!!:D

stacwase
10-29-2003, 11:29 AM
It won't be long before you're posting photos of them cuddling together!

popcornbird
10-29-2003, 12:04 PM
What wonderful news! :D I'm so glad to hear things are improving between the two, and that your husband loves Connor too! Keep us updated!

Killearn Kitties
10-29-2003, 02:02 PM
This news is all very exciting!! I would just love to see Ally and Connor pawing each other through at glass door. :D So cute.

jenluckenbach
10-29-2003, 02:17 PM
He forgot the charger???????????????????????????

Oh sorry, sidetracked for a minute there.

Sounds like all is well and moving forward at lightening speeds. I think it is so great to watch 2 kitties connect (or 3 or 4 or 5......).

Will be tapping my foot waiting for those PICTURES!

rg_girlca
10-29-2003, 05:52 PM
Oh Jen that was funny.:)

All in all I'd say that everything is looking real good.
Can't wait to see pictures of Ally & Connor together.

captain
10-29-2003, 06:36 PM
Fingers crossed for those cuddle pics!!! (eventually!)

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-30-2003, 12:05 AM
I got two pics of them checking eack other out before the battery finally died. I am going to try to get a new charger today ($100:eek: ), and I'll try to post soon!

Last night we left all the connecting doors open for an HOUR or so! Connor just wanders around exploring, whilst Ally removes herself as far away as possible and looks on in disgust! One of the kids managed to accidently shut them in the kitchen together, which resulted in a bit of growling, but nothing worse! Today I'll try having the doors open again, and see how it goes!

shais_mom
10-30-2003, 12:09 AM
Glad to hear things are working out!

krazyaboutkatz
10-30-2003, 01:13 AM
This is great news!!!:D I'm so glad to hear that your husband likes Connor and that Connor and Ally are becoming friendlier each day. I'm sure that they'll be playing with each other and best friends in no time. :)

Kirsten
10-30-2003, 04:47 AM
Oh, that's so exciting! Ally is getting a little brother? :) Looks like I missed a lot here!

Kirsten

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-30-2003, 06:38 AM
Kirsten, a lot can happen in a month!

Ally got a BIG brother - a Russian Blue called Connor! Will start a new thread with pics of them TOGETHER!!!

Kirsten
10-30-2003, 06:40 AM
Oh, congrats to you and Ally! :) I can't wait to see pictures of them together! :)

Kirsten