PDA

View Full Version : My new site!!

tikeyas_mom
10-29-2003, 01:34 AM
please visit it !! It is a great dane site :D.

the link is in my siggy!!! I worked very hard on it, so I hope you all like it :D.. I cant add a guestbook for a week..

tikeyas_mom
10-29-2003, 09:49 AM
bump :(

slleipnir
10-29-2003, 12:09 PM
Looks good :)

Kfamr
10-29-2003, 01:39 PM
I'm not sure the sites you got that information and photos from would appreciate that.

Amber
10-29-2003, 02:04 PM
Great Website!! :p

tikeyas_mom
10-29-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I'm not sure the sites you got that information and photos from would appreciate that.

I didnt get any info off sites.
I got a few pics from a couple sites though :).

Kfamr
10-29-2003, 02:34 PM
:confused: Where did you get it from then? :confused:

Uabassoon
10-29-2003, 02:38 PM
It looks good, but I notice that a lot of the pictures on there aren't of your dog. You might want to credit the people that actually took the pictures. I'm sure you wouldn't want Baby's pictures running around on different sites without your permission. Also you might want to credit some of the information that you have. When you use information from someone else you should give them credit.

tikeyas_mom
10-29-2003, 03:09 PM
:confused: Where did you get it from then? :confused:

I have at least 3 great dane books, pluse my friend is a breeder, and I did research in the library.

I looked up in the dictonary most of the illnesses, and talked to the breeder about what danes might get as they get older. :)

I am taking off the pics off of the other sites asap, I am making my own pics. in paint :)

Kfamr
10-29-2003, 03:13 PM
Then you might want to give credit to the books you got it from.

green_chameleon_girl
10-29-2003, 03:19 PM
HEY if you want I could draw you a great dane! but it would be kinda anime lol and you could put it on your site:D It looks great!

Uabassoon
10-29-2003, 03:24 PM
I have at least 3 great dane books, pluse my friend is a breeder, and I did research in the library.

Then you need to credit the books you got the info from. It's like when you write a paper for school and you have to make a works cited page. Anytime you use information from anyone or any book or website you need to give credit to your source.

Moose
10-29-2003, 04:15 PM
It's a nice site....but I'd have to agree with everyone else that has mentioned that those pictures [and information] aren't yours. Please don't get defensive about it, we're just trying to help. If the true "giver" of the information/pictures happens to see your site and figures out that the information/pictures listed on it are their's, they could take legal action. If you really want to include the information and pictures on your site, just e-mail the site owners/book authors and ask if you could use their material on your own website and promise to cite it. Just some advice that I hope you'll consider.......:eek:

Also, I noticed that you put on the bottom of your page |DizzyDanescopyright&right|. I don't know about you or anyone else, but if I saw that and I was the author/owner of the pics or information you used, I would be pissed. You really shouldn't copyright stuff unless it is actually yours. Plus, chances are the stuff you "took" from them is already copyrighted by them.

GoldenRetrLuver
10-29-2003, 06:47 PM
It sounds like you got most of it off sites. :o
Yep, you have to quote it from where you got it from. Even the pictures.

tikeyas_mom
10-29-2003, 07:02 PM
I didnt get one peice of info from a site and I swear to god, even if you find somthing similar I didnt use the site, I swore to my self I wouldent use the internet to get into for the site. I used books and I even reworded it so it is my own. So I dont need to quote, because I reworded all of it. I dont have one pic on the site that isnt mine. I have made all of them and tooken all of them. I took alot of your guyses advise to thoguht thanks.

GoldenRetrLuver
10-29-2003, 07:06 PM
Ok, but you need to quote and give recognition to where you got the Great Dane Breed Standard. I'm guessing, www.akc.org.

tikeyas_mom
10-29-2003, 07:09 PM
no I didnt get it off ACK, I got it out of a dog directory, I will quote that later.

CamCamPup33
10-29-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
no I didnt get it off ACK, I got it out of a dog directory, I will quote that later.

is that a book? :confused:

GoldenRetrLuver
10-29-2003, 07:13 PM
Okay then....

tikeyas_mom
10-29-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
is that a book? :confused:

EDIT worng book lol. I got the standard from a book called A guide to owning a great dane. :)

Moose
10-29-2003, 09:44 PM
I would suggest you get that done....soon. Like I said, legal action can be taken here......and if so, you'd be seriously screwed. Do what you want though, I can't do it for you.....:rolleyes:

Desert Arabian
10-29-2003, 09:52 PM
Nice illegal site you have there! Hope you don't get busted for copyright infringment!! :eek: That is a serious crime, and will cost you lots of $$$ if you get busted.......

Listen to everyone else who has given you advice on what to do!! :o

Moose
10-29-2003, 09:55 PM
Hope you don't get busted for copyright infringment!! That is a serious crime, and will cost you lots of $$$ if you get busted.......

EXACTLY!

Desert Arabian
10-29-2003, 09:55 PM
Hmm....that is odd, all of the words in that site are spelled correctly, yet there are constant spelling errors in your posts. :confused: :confused: I don't get it. :confused: :confused:

green_chameleon_girl
10-29-2003, 09:56 PM
are we all against tikeyas_mom?:confused: I dont think so. This is making me wonder... why isent pettalk the same anymore ever since the Jessica12345 thing everyone has been leaving, taking breaks, arguing over little things if I could make one thing happen I would make pettalk how it used to be. Dont get me wrong this is one of the no this IS the best place on the earth but its falling apart bit by bit without us even knowing. Lets all be friends (im a loser I know:) )

Kfamr
10-29-2003, 09:59 PM
No one said they were against her, they are watching out for her. Seriously, if the real author of that information found that site they could take some real legal actions.

Moose
10-29-2003, 10:02 PM
are we all against tikeyas_mom?

I, by no means, have the intention of arguing or anything like that......but it just gets frustrating when someone is doing something so blatantly wrong and denies it the whole time. Everyone here is just trying to keep Jynelle out of any serious trouble [um....breaking the law, maybe?] and it just seems to go in one ear and out the other.

All I have left to say it.....Jynelle, if you aren't going to just admit to yourself that you have plagerized [uh....spelling?] the information on your site [just "rewording" it isn't good enough, you still got the information from somewhere/someone], then don't expect us to be sympathetic if and when the wrong person sees your site and really gets you into trouble. Basically......good luck with that. :rolleyes:

GoldenRetrLuver
10-29-2003, 10:02 PM
We're not against her. We just don't want her to get in major trouble. I suggest you quote it and give recognition, Jynelle, ASAP...

Desert Arabian
10-29-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by green_chameleon_girl
are we all against tikeyas_mom?:confused: I dont think so. This is making me wonder... why isent pettalk the same anymore ever since the Jessica12345 thing everyone has been leaving, taking breaks, arguing over little things if I could make one thing happen I would make pettalk how it used to be. Dont get me wrong this is one of the no this IS the best place on the earth but its falling apart bit by bit without us even knowing. Lets all be friends (im a loser I know:) )

No, I am not against her. When someone is doing something ILLEGAL I am sure it is bound to get attention.....if you don't like something on Pet Talk let Karen know about it, and don't return to that thread which upset you. Life goes on, life changes, Pet Talk goes on, Pet Talk changes. NOTHING stays the same, that is impossible. Wether it be bad or good! :(

green_chameleon_girl
10-29-2003, 10:16 PM
I understand:)

tikeyas_mom
10-29-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
Nice illegal site you have there! Hope you don't get busted for copyright infringment!! :eek: That is a serious crime, and will cost you lots of $$$ if you get busted.......

Listen to everyone else who has given you advice on what to do!! :o

I havent copy righted anything.. look at the site. and read it and dont just guess. :rolleyes:...

moose omg lol

All I have left to say it.....Jynelle, if you aren't going to just admit to yourself that you have plagerized [uh....spelling?] the information on your site [just "rewording" it isn't good enough, you still got the information from somewhere/someone], then don't expect us to be sympathetic if and when the wrong person sees your site and really gets you into trouble. Basically......good luck with that.
I have see soooo many sites, that have said things that THEY didnt make up ok. I made up most of the stuff on my site and the stuff I got out of books I QUOTED!! GEEZEE!!!!! read the **** site and you will notice that it is all quoted and all the graphics are mine.. :rolleyes:

Kfamr
10-29-2003, 11:02 PM
When I first read the site -- nothing was quoted at all.
That's all they were saying.

I still see some stuff that I think maybe you got from books -- but hey, it's you in the deep water(or not? Who know.), not I.

I just seems so weird when someone who makes alot of errors in their posts -- comes up with big words and alot of facts they knew little to nothing about a few days or so ago.
(I'm sorry if that sounded rude or offended you -- but it's true, or from what you made it out to be - it's true.)

Desert Arabian
10-29-2003, 11:05 PM
I havent copy righted anything.. look at the site. and read it and dont just guess. :rolleyes:...

:confused: I did look at the site, how else could I make that statement, if I had no clue what the topic contained!?! I haven't "guessed" on anything, I am not the person who does that! :confused: :rolleyes:

luckies4me
10-29-2003, 11:43 PM
Just want to say that YLL I just adore your sig! :D Sammy is getting cuter and cuter by the day lol.

Jynelle, please take everyone's advice and listen up. Even if you change words around you still need to give credit. You didn't make it up, period. You read it somewhere. Whether it be a book, online or you got the information from a breeder you need to give credit where credit is due. Rewording it doesn't make it right. People spend a lot of time working on books, and their own sites. I can speak personally that I have worked long and hard on my Rattery site, and believe me it takes hours to get it just right. I am still finding spelling errors in my articles that I need to correct etc. If someone stole anything from my site (which HAS happened) and just rewording it, it's still stealing from my hard work. I just had another Rattery owner after reading my site go change hers to almost identical to what I had on my site, and it really inferiated (sp?) me! :mad:

I am wondering how not too long ago you knew nothing about these dogs, and then now all of a sudden you know a breeder and have done all this research? :confused:

shais_mom
10-30-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me
I am wondering how not too long ago you knew nothing about these dogs, and then now all of a sudden you know a breeder and have done all this research? :confused:

excellant post Cass!!!

by Moose
Everyone here is just trying to keep Jynelle out of any serious trouble [um....breaking the law, maybe?] and it just seems to go in one ear and out the other.

That is exactly the way it has been with Jynelle since the very beginning. The going in one ear out the other, not the illegal thing. We try to help and then we are accused of being against her and we suck!

shais_mom
10-30-2003, 12:50 AM
Course I also find it funny that she is so knowledgable and she has only had her dane for a week or so. :(

shais_mom
10-30-2003, 12:52 AM
I also have to think that she copied and pasted it from somewhere b/c I know here on PT when she has quoted books that she has typed out, she misspells out the ying yang. (b/c of her disability and I am NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT making fun of her)
Do you think that maybe just maybe she might have finally taken our advice and typed it out in Word and spell checked it then copy pasted it to her sight!!! ?????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Desert Arabian
10-31-2003, 12:02 AM
Just want to say that YLL I just adore your sig! :D Sammy is getting cuter and cuter by the day lol.

Aww, thanks! :D Yer sig is adorable too!

Staci....BRAVO! Cass too!

EssTer
10-31-2003, 09:07 AM
Wow, you have very nice sote :) I love great danes too :)

Moose
11-01-2003, 12:51 PM
Eesh.....I'm done with this. Jynelle, obviously you aren't taking into consideration what we are talking about. YES, I did read your site....and I looked at it very closely. When I checked it out, absolutely nothing was quoted and there were plenty of pictures [not graphics] that sure as **** [sorry, I felt the need to use it] weren't yours. Don't even start with me.....I'm really not in the mood today, and I don't feel like hearing anymore of your lame excuses.

wolfsoul
11-01-2003, 12:59 PM
Great site, but you should go back and fix the spelling/grammar mistakes. :) I found a whole bunch of them. It's easier if you get someone else to help you, usually because the writer will miss things that someone else will find and point out.

Does the dane breeder have the internet? If so, maybe you could ask her if she wants to submit her danes pics, or even if she wants to give you some more pics to add to the site. :)

G.P.girl
11-01-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Moose
I, by no means, have the intention of arguing or anything like that......but it just gets frustrating when someone is doing something so blatantly wrong and denies it the whole time. Everyone here is just trying to keep Jynelle out of any serious trouble [um....breaking the law, maybe?] and it just seems to go in one ear and out the other.

All I have left to say it.....Jynelle, if you aren't going to just admit to yourself that you have plagerized [uh....spelling?] the information on your site [just "rewording" it isn't good enough, you still got the information from somewhere/someone], then don't expect us to be sympathetic if and when the wrong person sees your site and really gets you into trouble. Basically......good luck with that. :rolleyes:

why isn't rewording enough? alll knowlege has to come from somewhere. everybody reads it in a book or on a site or somwhere.

P.S. Great site!!

wolfsoul
11-01-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
why isn't rewording enough? alll knowlege has to come from somewhere. everybody reads it in a book or on a site or somwhere.

Very true. I have a dog food site that I'm working on, and it would be ***l to remember where I got all this information that my brain has interpreted and stored. It's like saying "I can't tell anyone that my pants are made of cotton because that's what the magazine said and that would be plagurizing." :rolleyes:

Kfamr
11-01-2003, 02:14 PM
Changing a few words around is still plagerism.

Normally, a person would take the information stored and write what they have to say about it.

Not copy, paste and change a few words around.

G.P.girl
11-01-2003, 02:28 PM
how do you know she copied and pasted? i don't know what the

**** you guys' problem is, all you guys can do is put other people

down. this may not be true for all of you guys but for the most

part...what really pisses me off is that you guys don't know that

she didn't know this stuff before she made the site. maybe her

friend helped her. whats it matter to you guys? ok you told her

she could get in trouble. now it's her choice if she wants to listen

to you guys or not. there is no need to put her down anymore or

keep telling her to do something.:( :( :( i thought we were all

above this.

wolfsoul
11-01-2003, 02:28 PM

Not copy, paste and change a few words around.
How is it possible to copy and paste info from a book?

Kfamr
11-01-2003, 02:34 PM
Not necessarily copy and paste, but like that. She could type it out, paste it and change a few words aorund.
I thought you'd get my point, but obviously not.

As for putting her down, I don't see anyone doing such a thing. :rolleyes:

Take a chill pill and a break, and get back to us later G.P. Girl.

No one's hurting her, just trying to help her.

For the most part, she italicized that of which didn't come from her words. It wasn't like that when she first posted the site.

G.P.girl
11-01-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
Hmm....that is odd, all of the words in that site are spelled correctly, yet there are constant spelling errors in your posts. :confused: :confused: I don't get it. :confused: :confused:

have you ever heard of spell check?? just because she doesn't use big words and take the time to spell everything write on PT doesn't mean she is incapable of doing that.

popcornbird
11-01-2003, 02:49 PM
I don't think anyone's trying to hurt her. They just want to help her and steer her away from getting herself into trouble. You can get in REALLY big trouble for taking things, even the smallest thing off another website, and we wish the best for her and don't want her to get in any sort of trouble.

:(

Moose
11-01-2003, 02:56 PM
No one is "attacking" her or "putting her down". I'm not going to apologize, because I feel that I have done nothing wrong and I fully support all of my replies to this post. After reading her site [the first time she posted the URL], it was obviously plagerised. I don't care who you are....no one gets that kind of information and phrases it like she did just from the top of her head. Sorry, but I've read her posts....and she had never written anything like that before. I don't mean to be mean, Jynelle, but it's true. :confused:

there is no need to put her down anymore or

keep telling her to do something. i thought we were all

above this.

Gee, thanks Mom....I'll try harder. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

primabella
11-01-2003, 02:58 PM
Okay I don't even want to go into the whole Dane site but all this talk of plagerism got me thinking...

On Mickey's site I have a page on training. It talks about housetraining, teaching tricks ect. I didn't know how to put it into my own words and still make it sound good so I took it completly from the Purina Puppy Chow website. I gave credit to it, and provided a link. Would that be okay? Sorry to come into the thread like this but I also don't want to get into any trouble. :p

Moose
11-01-2003, 03:01 PM
Would that be okay? Sorry to come into the thread like this but I also don't want to get into any trouble.

In my opinion, yes....that's perfectly fine. If it were me who you got the information from, if I went to your site, saw my text on it, and then saw my name credited to it along with the link to my website, I wouldn't have a problem with it. :) But hey, that's just me. :p

G.P.girl
11-01-2003, 03:04 PM
I don't care who you are....no one gets that kind of information and phrases it like she did just from the top of her head. Sorry, but I've read her posts....and she had never written anything like that before.
somebody had to have gotten it from somewhere. who are you to judge what she can and can't do. i know i don't even really make an effort to spell things right in posts. maybe she had a friend help her wirte it up. maybe YOU can't write nicly worded stuff like that but that doesn't mean nobody else can.

primabella
11-01-2003, 03:04 PM
Actually when you put it that way it sounds like I'm worrying over nothing. :p lol

Okay I was just wondering since it is almost a whole page directly from another site. Thanks for the input. :)

Moose
11-01-2003, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the input.

Not a problem. :) :D

maybe YOU can't write nicly worded stuff like that but that doesn't mean nobody else can.

Well shoot, you caught me. -->Sigh<-- Now what am I gonna do? :o:confused::rolleyes:

Hey genius, how 'bout you lay off it.....I disagree with you, simple as that. Now stop crying about it, and let Jynelle defend herself and her own site. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kfamr
11-01-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
somebody had to have gotten it from somewhere. who are you to judge what she can and can't do. i know i don't even really make an effort to spell things right in posts. maybe she had a friend help her wirte it up. maybe YOU can't write nicly worded stuff like that but that doesn't mean nobody else can.

Ok, enough.

Now -- You're saying WE were being mean and such -- Yet that post was down right RUDE.

Jynelle has admitted to getting the information from a book, Our assumptions were correct. And that's that.

G.P.girl
11-01-2003, 03:17 PM
everything comes from some where. how can you copy and paste from a book? i'm not the only one with rude comments on here. but, whatever. i can see that nobody is going to agree and this will only get nastier and nastier until people decide to leave PT just because of a dumb little arguement. i think i'm right you think your right . who cares? it's no big deal and i not going to pick stupid little fights with you. i'm sorry to anybody i offended and i think we should just drop the whole thing. either Jynelle will change the web site or not. i dont think our fighting about it will really make her do anyhting.

Kfamr
11-01-2003, 03:20 PM
I already explained myself above, if you bothered to read and think about it.

I don't think this is a "dumb" arguement. We were just trying to keep Jynelle from getting into legal trouble, but you obviously didn't see that side of it and made it into something completely different.

Uabassoon
11-01-2003, 03:24 PM
I was one of the first people that suggested TM give credit to the information. G.P. Girl I'm not sure what grade your in or if you are still in school. But even me at the college level when I write a paper I have to credit where I got the information from, that doesn't mean I copied anything it just means I'm getting facts and statistics from someone so I have to credit them. I never said that TM copied and pasted information, just that she is using information that came from another source, should they read her site she can get into some legal trouble because it is someone's information. I've read lots of websites that have works cited pages or use footnotes to give credit to where the info was taken from.

wolfsoul
11-01-2003, 04:55 PM

As for putting her down, I don't see anyone doing such a thing. :rolleyes:

No one's hurting her, just trying to help her.

To put down: To make someone feel bad; feel hurt.

Hmm...because you know her so well, right? You know EXACTLY how she feels. :rolleyes: She wrote down where she got info from, even though she didn't use the same words. That's saying something. So what's wrong with it NOW?

As for GP girl's post being rude, it's ALOT nicer than what most people are saying.

Gee, this really makes me want to post my site. Everyone will tell me I copied it from somewhere even though I didn't. Because everyone here is SOOO trusting. :)

Kfamr
11-01-2003, 05:21 PM
I didn't quite understand what you were trying to say from your post.

No one's TRYING to hurt her.

First time seeing her site, I saw nothing mentioning where she got it from. That is all.

I never said anything was wrong with it now, Did I?
I don't see anyone else being rude, other than that one post GP girl made.

Gee, As for people telling you that you copied your site, You never know until you post it.

Yes, Most everyone is very trusting on PT, although you were trying to be sarcastic with that -- it's true. :)

zanzanfergie
11-01-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by primabella
Okay I don't even want to go into the whole Dane site but all this talk of plagerism got me thinking...

On Mickey's site I have a page on training. It talks about housetraining, teaching tricks ect. I didn't know how to put it into my own words and still make it sound good so I took it completly from the Purina Puppy Chow website. I gave credit to it, and provided a link. Would that be okay? Sorry to come into the thread like this but I also don't want to get into any trouble. :p
I think with links and credit and everything that's perfectly fine, but you also might want to email them and ask permission, just for peace of mind. Most people say yes, because they appreciate being asked, since most people don't.

I still haven't entered Lucy for POTM have I? I will, promise! :p

tikeyas_mom
11-01-2003, 08:03 PM
ok everyone stop arguing. I did use spell check for the great dane site.. And I might still have grammer and a bit of spelling mistakes on there lol. But wahh.. :rolleyes: I will get my mom to read it over :)..

I have already quoted everything That I got from books ect.. Even look... So stop arguing..

tikeyas_mom
11-01-2003, 08:05 PM
Maybe because getting a great dane insired me to do research and talk to her breeders..

Jynelle, please take everyone's advice and listen up. Even if you change words around you still need to give credit. You didn't make it up, period. You read it somewhere. Whether it be a book, online or you got the information from a breeder you need to give credit where credit is due. Rewording it doesn't make it right. People spend a lot of time working on books, and their own sites. I can speak personally that I have worked long and hard on my Rattery site, and believe me it takes hours to get it just right. I am still finding spelling errors in my articles that I need to correct etc. If someone stole anything from my site (which HAS happened) and just rewording it, it's still stealing from my hard work. I just had another Rattery owner after reading my site go change hers to almost identical to what I had on my site, and it really inferiated (sp?) me! :mad:

Shelteez2
11-01-2003, 08:22 PM
I noticed on your site at the bottom of your health issues page you remind people to get annual vaccines for their dogs to "keep them healthy".
I was just wondering if you knew that it's now being widely accepted to not get annual vaccines as it is believed that over vaccinating pets can lead to many immune deficiency(sp) problems. In fact vet schools in the states do not even recommend following a yearly vaccination protocol anymore. Instead they say every 3 years.

I just wanted to make you aware of this issue as you recommend it on your site.

todd
11-01-2003, 08:39 PM
I got one to post later

tikeyas_mom
11-01-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
I noticed on your site at the bottom of your health issues page you remind people to get annual vaccines for their dogs to "keep them healthy".
I was just wondering if you knew that it's now being widely accepted to not get annual vaccines as it is believed that over vaccinating pets can lead to many immune deficiency(sp) problems. In fact vet schools in the states do not even recommend following a yearly vaccination protocol anymore. Instead they say every 3 years.

I just wanted to make you aware of this issue as you recommend it on your site.

wow I didnt know that!! :eek:... We get our dogs vaccinated every year, I read on a brochier{sp} from the vet that yearly vaccines are good to have.. humm.. I will phoen the vet monday and talk to him again..

aly
11-01-2003, 08:42 PM
In fact vet schools in the states do not even recommend following a yearly vaccination protocol anymore. Instead they say every 3 years.
\

Its actually just rabies that they switched to 3 years. All the other shots are still yearly here.

Shelteez2
11-01-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by aly
Its actually just rabies that they switched to 3 years. All the other shots are still yearly here.

Actually it's not. Many studies are being done on the effects of yearly vaccines. And vet schools are now recommending that people get shots on a 3 year basis.

One other little interesting tidbit of info is that the one year and the 3 year rabies vaccine are the same vaccine, they just have different labels.

Oh and so you don't think I'm spouting off the top of my head I'm going to go find my links to articles on the subject :)

tikeyas_mom
11-01-2003, 08:52 PM
well i edited that :). I put that is it reccomended to take your dog to a vet yearly for a physical check up :)

binka_nugget
11-01-2003, 08:53 PM
I believe this is what Cali is doing with her dogs (NOT to bring back an argument..) Kai's due for vaccinations soon..I will have to ask the vet about nosodes and titer testing.

aly
11-01-2003, 09:04 PM
Actually it's not. Many studies are being done on the effects of yearly vaccines. And vet schools are now recommending that people get shots on a 3 year basis.

One other little interesting tidbit of info is that the one year and the 3 year rabies vaccine are the same vaccine, they just have different labels.

Oh and so you don't think I'm spouting off the top of my head I'm going to go find my links to articles on the subject :)

I realize that SOME vets are recommending it, but it is by far NOT the norm AT ALL.

tikeyas_mom
11-01-2003, 09:37 PM
Eesh.....I'm done with this. Jynelle, obviously you aren't taking into consideration what we are talking about. YES, I did read your site....and I looked at it very closely. When I checked it out, absolutely nothing was quoted and there were plenty of pictures [not graphics] that sure as hell [sorry, I felt the need to use it] weren't yours. Don't even start with me.....I'm really not in the mood today, and I don't feel like hearing anymore of your lame excuses.

omg moose, you are so ignorant!!!!

http://www.freewebs.com/dizzydanes/dizzy%20danes%20graphic.bmp omg could it be!! my own graphic!!! wow :rolleyes:
let me just post a few more of MY graphics.. that are not stolen from other sites :rolleyes: considering I made them BY HAND on paint!!! :mad:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p492d32b88ef6191ead29df70c18422d7/fab3941a.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p8677b5379cd93bb4509fe1ea9fdb4863/fab39415.jpg
http://www.freewebs.com/dizzydanes/pooches.bmp :rolleyes:

humm.. and let me poist a few QUOTES, from my site here.. :rolleyes:

MAJOR HEALTH ISSUES!

(")CANCER: Among the most pressing health concerns of great danes today is cancer as the breed has shown a high incidence of tumors, both melignant and benign. Cancers, of course, pose a fatal threat to great danes, and, though its occurrence is largely unpredictable, breeders pay close attention to its presence in their bloodlines and make every effort to avoid breeding direct offspring of cancer victoms.(") (Quoted from the Guide to owning the great dane)

"HEART POBS: The great danes heart presents problems in many bloodlines. Among the heart problems from which the great dane suffers are Cardiomyopthy, Heart murmur, Heart tumors, and subaortic. The form of cardiomypathy that affects great dabes is known as DILATED cardiomypathy (DCM). It is commonly found in large breed dogs. It usually isnt identifable untill at least 3-4 years of age. Signs of the disease include an increased heart rate, unusual intolerance for excercise, difficulty breathing, coughing and general depression.(")( Quote from guide to owning a great dane.)

notice the quotation marks :rolleyes, also notice that on my site, the info that has been quoted is in ITALIC printing :rolleyes, and after each quote I state where it was quoted from...

Humm.. you must have missed it though considering you Went and looked at my site and all :rolleyes:

Shelteez2
11-01-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by aly
I realize that SOME vets are recommending it, but it is by far NOT the norm AT ALL.

I didn't mean to say it was the norm. Just that it's what a lot of vet schools are now teaching.

For more info:
http://www.vth.colostate.edu/vth/savp2.html

http://www.altvetmed.com/articles/vaccinations.html

http://www.critteradvocacy.org/Help%20Us%20Help%20Our%20Pets.htm

http://www.tallywood.com/health.html

tikeyas_mom
11-01-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
Course I also find it funny that she is so knowledgable and she has only had her dane for a week or so. :(

every day I leanr more and more about her breed, and I will always be learning more about it till There is nothing more to know. and trust me I still have a long way to go. I would have done years of research befor we got the puppy, but I didnt know we were going to be getting her intill my mom brought her over to wolfsouls to show me. I will always be updating my dane site for as long as great danes are in my life :).

Kfamr
11-01-2003, 09:42 PM
Jynelle, sweetheart-- you're not one to speak of ignorance. :rolleyes:

She's didn't say it is NOW -- But it was before.

Nothing on that site was yours besides maybe pictures of your pets, and a few sentences.

Shelteez2
11-01-2003, 09:42 PM
omg moose, you are so ignorant!!!!

http://www.freewebs.com/dizzydanes/dizzy%20danes%20graphic.bmp omg could it be!! my own graphic!!! wow :rolleyes:
let me just post a few more of MY graphics.. that are not stolen from other sites :rolleyes: considering I made them BY HAND on paint!!! :mad:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p492d32b88ef6191ead29df70c18422d7/fab3941a.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p8677b5379cd93bb4509fe1ea9fdb4863/fab39415.jpg
http://www.freewebs.com/dizzydanes/pooches.bmp :rolleyes:

humm.. and let me poist a few QUOTES, from my site here.. :rolleyes:

MAJOR HEALTH ISSUES!

(")CANCER: Among the most pressing health concerns of great danes today is cancer as the breed has shown a high incidence of tumors, both melignant and benign. Cancers, of course, pose a fatal threat to great danes, and, though its occurrence is largely unpredictable, breeders pay close attention to its presence in their bloodlines and make every effort to avoid breeding direct offspring of cancer victoms.(") (Quoted from the Guide to owning the great dane)

"HEART POBS: The great danes heart presents problems in many bloodlines. Among the heart problems from which the great dane suffers are Cardiomyopthy, Heart murmur, Heart tumors, and subaortic. The form of cardiomypathy that affects great dabes is known as DILATED cardiomypathy (DCM). It is commonly found in large breed dogs. It usually isnt identifable untill at least 3-4 years of age. Signs of the disease include an increased heart rate, unusual intolerance for excercise, difficulty breathing, coughing and general depression.(")( Quote from guide to owning a great dane.)

notice the quotation marks :rolleyes, also notice that on my site, the info that has been quoted is in ITALIC printing :rolleyes, and after each quote I state where it was quoted from...

Humm.. you must have missed it though considering you Went and looked at my site and all :rolleyes:

Calm down. She said when she first went and looked at your site it had pics and what not. That is true. After having that pointed out to you, you went and made your own graphichs and changed the quotes and what not. That is also true. You are both right.

tikeyas_mom
11-01-2003, 09:45 PM

Nothing on that site was yours besides maybe pictures of your pets, and a few sentences.

all of that site except the stuff that is quoted is mine, Sweetheart :rolleyes:

Kfamr
11-01-2003, 09:47 PM
all of that site except the stuff that is quoted is mine, Sweetheart :rolleyes:

Yes, Now it is , Darling, but it wasn't before. Half of the stuff you have on there now is quoted from somewhere.

tikeyas_mom
11-01-2003, 09:50 PM
Yes, Now it is , Darling, but it wasn't before. Half of the stuff you have on there now is quoted from somewhere.

That is my main point. I thanked you all for letting me know about the copy right laws, ect.. BUT I have changed my site and now this copy right talk should be done with, agreed?? and please dont call me Darling. Thanks :rolleyes:. Call foam's dog Darlin not me..

luckies4me
11-01-2003, 09:54 PM
I didn't mean to say it was the norm. Just that it's what a lot of vet schools are now teaching.

I have to agree with you there. Vets are now starting to realize vaccines can cause major health issues, the most common is cancer. Here we no longer vaccinate for Corona........very rarely, and Bordetella every three years. The only thing we do yearly is Distemper/Parvo vaccine. Of course some vaccines have more than one in them, so some people end of getting them every year. For cats, we do not vaccinate til about every other year for FRVCP etc. Leukemia is now given in the shoulder so if there happens to be cancer later on a limb can be removed and save the cats life, whereas if they still vaccinate in the scruff, and the cat gets cancer there is nothing they can do. I for one think vaccines are overused.

Moose
Ooooh Lordy, you're past the point of patience now Jynelle. You've blown the last straw with me, and I'm not going to be nice [but you can thank me for deciding not to post it in front of all the PT members]. Expect a PM soon........:rolleyes:

Kfamr
That is my main point. I thanked you all for letting me know about the copy right laws, ect.. BUT I have changed my site and now this copy right talk should be done with, agreed?? and please dont call me Darling. Thanks :rolleyes:. Call foam's dog Darlin not me..

Yes, But you're the one who brought her post up speaking of ignorance and such, Sweetie.

Please don't tell me what to refer to you as. THANKS! :D

Kfamr
11-01-2003, 09:58 PM
OMG LUCKIES.... I'm not one that think rats are *ADORABLE*..

But that picture in your signature is BEYOND cute!

luckies4me
11-01-2003, 10:00 PM
Who cares now!!! Get over, send PM's whatever. This is not the place for bickering back and forth. I take it upon myself to PM the person if I have a problem or simply go back to the thread and apologize. She changed the site, so be it. Stop arguing. It only makes YOU look bad! And others here care to read something of substance. Like Karen says, go pet your pets, give them kisses and come back when you care to post politely.

Jynelle, I am glad you changed the site. All of us here were simply trying to help you. I do not however think that being rude (and this goes for others as well) is going to do any good. Agree to dissagree and move on. I do want to say that I love the graphics you drew up in Paint, they are very cute. :) I do wish you well with your pup, and may she live a long happy life with your family.

luckies4me
11-01-2003, 10:03 PM
OMG LUCKIES.... I'm not one that think rats are *ADORABLE*..

But that picture in your signature is BEYOND cute!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

But can we just stop arguing? I would prefer to read nice things, but I guess it's my fault for coming here anyway, hehe. :p I am feeling down today, can you post a pic of Nala for me? Please! :)

Shelteez2
11-01-2003, 10:05 PM
I have to agree with you there. Vets are now starting to realize vaccines can cause major health issues, the most common is cancer. Here we no longer vaccinate for Corona........very rarely, and Bordetella every three years. The only thing we do yearly is Distemper/Parvo vaccine. Of course some vaccines have more than one in them, so some people end of getting them every year. For cats, we do not vaccinate til about every other year for FRVCP etc. Leukemia is now given in the shoulder so if there happens to be cancer later on a limb can be removed and save the cats life, whereas if they still vaccinate in the scruff, and the cat gets cancer there is nothing they can do. I for one think vaccines are overused.

I would never vaccinate for Bortadella, but that's just me.
I also am not going to vaccinate my dogs at all anymore. I did get them titer tested for parvo and distemper last year and they were really high for both. I will get them titered for rabies next year and then that will be all :)

Kfamr
11-01-2003, 10:06 PM
I am feeling down today, can you post a pic of Nala for me? Please! :)

I posted Simba and Nala's thanksgiving photos in Dog Gen. :)

tikeyas_mom
11-01-2003, 10:09 PM
Ooooh Lordy, you're past the point of patience now Jynelle. You've blown the last straw with me, and I'm [b]not going to be nice . Expect a PM soon........:rolleyes:

O no, I am soo scared now :runs and hides:
:rolleyes:

luckies4me
11-01-2003, 10:11 PM
AI!!!! :eek:

Geez people, stop it! You too Jynelle, just IGNORE them! Don't fuel the fire!

Kayann, I will go take a look right now! :D

tikeyas_mom
11-01-2003, 10:11 PM
Yes, But you're the one who brought her post up speaking of ignorance and such, Sweetie.

Please don't tell me what to refer to you as. THANKS! :D

I could very well refer you as alot of things to kayann, but I dont. So please dont do it to me :rolleyes.. I am not your sweethear nor am I your darlin :rolleyes: I think I have a say in it..

Kfamr
11-01-2003, 10:13 PM
I could very well refer you as alot of things to kayann,

Go right ahead, Darling!:D

wolfsoul
11-01-2003, 10:28 PM
I'm afraid that Jynnelle's post would be deleted if she does, so there's really no point. :)

On a lighter note...

Cass, who do you no longer vaccinate against Corona? (I thought it was called Corola lol :o ). I read on a breeder's site that even though it is quite rare and very expensive, it should always be vaccinated against. :) Just curious incase I need to know anything.

I also agree that vaccinations aren't the heavenly things we used to think they were. I read that the diseases they vaccinate against should never EVER come back for life if the body builds up just one immunity to it only once.

But if you want to go on vacation or something, you'll be required to have your dog vaccinated, so I guess that's that.

Kfamr
11-01-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
I'm afraid that Jynnelle's post would be deleted if she does, so there's really no point. :)

That's ok! :D

It's not like she doesn't delete most of her posts anyways. :rolleyes:

tikeyas_mom
11-01-2003, 10:32 PM
:)

shais_mom
11-01-2003, 10:34 PM
No one is "attacking" her or "putting her down". I'm not going to apologize, because I feel that I have done nothing wrong and I fully support all of my replies to this post. After reading her site [the first time she posted the URL], it was obviously plagerised. I don't care who you are....no one gets that kind of information and phrases it like she did just from the top of her head. Sorry, but I've read her posts....and she had never written anything like that before. I don't mean to be mean, Jynelle, but it's true. :confused:

Gee, thanks Mom....I'll try harder. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1) Totally agree
2) LMAO

luckies4me
11-01-2003, 10:35 PM

On a lighter note...

Cass, who do you no longer vaccinate against Corona? (I thought it was called Corola lol :o ). I read on a breeder's site that even though it is quite rare and very expensive, it should always be vaccinated against. :) Just curious incase I need to know anything.

Here at our clinic and other clinics in our area we have not seen a case of Corona in AGES, so it's not worth vaccinating for since it's almost extinct here. As far as boarding vaccines are concerned, usually most boarding facilites only require an UTD rabies and Bordetella. Oh and I mean dogs too.

wolfsoul
11-01-2003, 10:42 PM
Cass: Ahh, okies. :) I'll have to ask the vet how common it is around here.

When I said vacation I was talking about going across the border and such...isn't that required? :) But good point, I never even thought of boarding and kennels and such.

shais_mom
11-01-2003, 10:43 PM

Runs up pats KayAnn on the back, checks to make sure noone saw and runs away making the CHA CHING motion!!!!

Kfamr
11-01-2003, 10:45 PM
Runs up pats KayAnn on the back, checks to make sure noone saw and runs away making the CHA CHING motion!!!!

*quickly takes picture while back patting is in progress*

I have evidence! :D

shais_mom
11-01-2003, 10:47 PM
;) LMAO!!

Moose
11-01-2003, 10:49 PM
lmao. You guys are so silly. :p haha

I hate the word silly....it's stupid. ;)

tikeyas_mom
11-01-2003, 10:55 PM
wow I started a fad!! :rolleyes:

Kfamr
11-01-2003, 10:56 PM
You did!?!? AWESOME!

Moose
11-01-2003, 10:57 PM
What fad, Jynelle? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

tikeyas_mom
11-01-2003, 10:58 PM
The motion fad..

:sighs at moose:

Kfamr
11-01-2003, 11:04 PM
The Motion fad?

What's that? :confused:

I want to be KEWLIEZ like you. :D

Moose
11-01-2003, 11:05 PM
Wow.....congrats. I'm so happy for you. :D :D Quite the fad.....I don't think I've ever seen it before you did it. Thanks, it's great. :rolleyes:

:sighs at moose:

I know, I know....I'm just so slow. Sorry....I'll work on that. Maybe you could make another website to educate me on "fads." Oh, but maybe not......you'd probably just plagerise everything on that site anyway. Shoot.....I was really looking forward to it. Aw well....:rolleyes:

tikeyas_mom
11-01-2003, 11:06 PM
what you all were just doing...

ECAmple!
:farts in kayanns general direction:
:laughs at kayann:
:sings a jingle:
:runs and hides:
:jumps and lauches attack:
:Kicks wolfsoul:

that kinda thing ;).

Kfamr
11-01-2003, 11:08 PM
Hmm... I've seen people do that ever since i've had the internet...

Eh..:rolleyes: :confused:

wolfsoul
11-01-2003, 11:13 PM

:Kicks wolfsoul:

Ouch. LOL

Eh..
Aha...so Americans say it too, eh?!?!

tikeyas_mom
11-01-2003, 11:13 PM
Hmm... I've seen people do that ever since i've had the internet...

Eh..:rolleyes: :confused:

Well I started ppl doing it in the post.. :rolleyes:...

Kfamr
11-01-2003, 11:16 PM
Ouch. LOL

Aha...so Americans say it too, eh?!?!

I say it all the time! :p

Ehhh.. ok TM.

shais_mom
11-01-2003, 11:25 PM
I betcha she probably will start a website about motions!! B/c she is always the first one to do everything! :confused: :rolleyes:

Moose
11-01-2003, 11:29 PM
Well I started ppl doing it in the post..

Oh man....thanks for the laugh. :D

tikeyas_mom
11-01-2003, 11:40 PM
I betcha she probably will start a website about motions!! B/c she is always the first one to do everything! :confused: :rolleyes:

ok I am starting a site now... :rolleyes: and I am going to say you insired it shais_mom..

shais_mom
11-01-2003, 11:44 PM
Far be it for me to
1) Tell you to do anything you are old enough to do what you want
2) Don't blame ME for INSPIRING you to do anything even telling the truth

tikeyas_mom
11-01-2003, 11:49 PM
Far be it for me to
1) Tell you to do anything you are old enough to do what you want
2) Don't blame ME for INSPIRING you to do anything even telling the truth

wow that was very VERY inspiring... :rolleyes:..

tikeyas_mom
11-02-2003, 12:00 AM
My great dane site rocks!!!

shais_mom
11-02-2003, 12:08 AM
Well, I try! :) :p

popcornbird
11-02-2003, 12:08 AM
OMG! :eek::eek::eek: What a thread? :o I'm outa here! :eek:

And yes Jordan, we ALWAYS say *eh?* :p He he he

wolf_Q
11-02-2003, 02:14 AM
Wow. What a waste of space.

:hides under the computer from the stupidity:

Kfamr
11-02-2003, 02:17 AM
Oh, Amy is so cool now! She joined the fad!

:giggles::D

cloverfdx
11-02-2003, 05:27 AM
well i have never seen so much forum stupidity in all my life :rolleyes:

oh how i wish i could post what I think of you Kayann (but i would be banned for life)

Check your PMs soon kiddies as you will be recieving quite a few ;)

Moose
11-02-2003, 10:20 AM
I'm not even mad anymore.....reading all of this just makes me laugh. :D :D Oh, thanks so much Jynelle......you've made my day. :) :rolleyes:

Oh, and Cloverfdx.....I received your PM....and as much as I would love to tell you what I truly think of you, I'll hold myself back.....I wouldn't give you the pleasure of it, nor would I waste my time with you. I did reply, however....lucky for you. :rolleyes:

Kfamr
11-02-2003, 10:32 AM
I *CAN'T* wait to recieve your PM!! I'm sure you have much more intelligent and lovely words to say to me!!

GoldenRetrLuver
11-02-2003, 11:31 AM
9 pages full of this?! Geez.
Guys, can we just leave it as is? If Jynelle wants to forage someone else's work, so be it. It's not like we didn't warn her. I'm really getting sick of all this arguing...

wolfsoul
11-02-2003, 11:40 AM
No kidding Julie. This is getting ridiculous. You know how many times I've heard "I'm not wasting any more time on you." Ok, well Brooke kept saying that in this thread, even went as far as pming the exact same statment, and many other people have said it in the past. So why waste your time, hm? Kay Ann, lastnight you said you wish people would take their own advice. Isn't that pretty much the same thing as doing what you say you will? And Jynnelle, just ignore the rude comments and bad attitudes, not just in this thread, but about EVERYTHING. As I don't see this ending in this thread or any time soon if we have children running around fighting and making comments that would be better off in PMs.

This thread is about Jynnelle's site. Leave it about the site. You gave her advice and she took it. What more do you want?!

wolfsoul
11-02-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird

And yes Jordan, we ALWAYS say *eh?* :p He he he
LOL :D

According to *the really very smart and ever knowing of Americans peoples of Canada* you guys say "huh" all the time. And then they laugh. And probably say "huh" the next day. :p As I've heard it coming from Canadian mouths all the time!!!

GoldenRetrLuver
11-02-2003, 11:44 AM
I'm not going to be the person who says KayAnn did this, or Moose did this, or Jynelle did this; the point is the thread has gotten way out of hand.

Whatever happened to Pet Talk? When I first joined, the board was great, and I enjoyed coming here. Now, in just about every section there's a fight going on, and it just takes up space.

Whatever..It's not like this post will make anyone stop.

Oh, and Jordan I say "Eh" all the time! :p

Amber
11-02-2003, 11:53 AM
I agree with you Jordan & Julie. This fight must stop!! I cant take it any longer! oh yeah, I dont say Eh, But i ALWAYS say huh? !! Lol!

wolfsoul
11-02-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Amber
I I dont say Eh, But i ALWAYS say huh? !! Lol!
LOL :D You know what's fun? Saying something, and then saying a very exaggerated "EH???" after it. I have a habit of doing that when I play cards. " An ace of spades...EH?!?!" Lol.

Amber
11-02-2003, 11:59 AM
Ha ha ha ha ha! :D

wolfsoul
11-02-2003, 12:00 PM
No more fighting..we are officially talking about EH and HUH :D

GoldenRetrLuver
11-02-2003, 12:03 PM
No more fighting..we are officially talking about EH and HUH :D

What about "Mehhh!" :p I say that all the time. ;)

wolfsoul
11-02-2003, 12:06 PM
LOL, I say "Mehhh" too!

I've been saying "Maaah" alot lately too. It started when my friend and I were watching the Two Towers...You know that part where they walk up to the burned carcasses of the Orks (sp?)? And there's that head on a pike with it's mouth hanging open? My friend and I at the exact same time said "MAHHHHH" LOL. So now we say it all the time.

EH HUH MEHHH and MAHHH

GoldenRetrLuver
11-02-2003, 12:08 PM
EH HUH MEHHH and MAHHH

LOL! :D I said that out loud and the dogs looked at me like.."What the hecks your problem?" :rolleyes:

wolfsoul
11-02-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
LOL! :D I said that out loud and the dogs looked at me like.."What the hecks your problem?" :rolleyes:
LOL!

Karen
11-02-2003, 12:12 PM
Glad everyone is getting along now. Let's end this thread, as it has gotten waaaaayyyy off topiv. Remember to always be polite here, never swear, and be nice!

Learning to cite sources is a good thing, and hopefully everyone now knows to do that - for papers, websites, whatever. It's a case of better safe than sorry.

GoldenRetrLuver
11-02-2003, 12:15 PM
Hehe. We went from talking about a Great Dane site, to EH HUH MEHH and MAHH. :rolleyes:

binka_nugget
11-02-2003, 12:18 PM
Lol, I'm always adding eh..meh..mah...bah at the end of my sentences on msn and aim lol. It's like a filler..when I have nothing to say, I fill up the conversation with all sorts of jibberish.

popcornbird
11-02-2003, 02:02 PM
LOL :D

According to *the really very smart and ever knowing of Americans peoples of Canada* you guys say "huh" all the time. And then they laugh. And probably say "huh" the next day. :p As I've heard it coming from Canadian mouths all the time!!!

Well, you can say that again. I say *huh* way more than I say *eh*.............but I DO say *eh*. It just depends on who I'm talking to! *Huh*, I say that to everyone! :p :o :o

G.P.girl
11-02-2003, 02:21 PM
i say huh? all the time. i don't really say eh? but i do sometimes

todd
11-03-2003, 01:02 AM
chack this out.
http://orangeangelcat.proboards22.com/index.cgi

ScantyNebula
11-04-2003, 12:00 PM
Honest to god, I have not once seen so much controversy over a thread called "My new website" .. LOL this was quite a hoot! Glad everything is ok now .. :rolleyes:

tikeyas_mom
11-04-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by ScantyNebula
Honest to god, I have not once seen so much controversy over a thread called "My new website" .. LOL this was quite a hoot! Glad everything is ok now .. :rolleyes:

Tell me about it..