PDA

View Full Version : COME SEE US!!....Florida Meeting....

Kfamr
10-28-2003, 08:54 PM
OK.. I want to plan on another Florida Meeting.

When: Sometime in November -- Please tell me what weekend would be best for you.

Saturday & Sunday, November 8th & 9th

--or--

Saturday & Sunday, November 15th & 16th

--or--

Saturday & Sunday, November 22nd & 23rd
(Weekend before my Birthday!!! :p )

Where: Palm Harbor, Florida.
I was thinking,

We could either make it two days;
One day at the beach, the other at the park.

--or--

Go to the dog park first,
Having either a BBQ there,
or just sandwhiches, snacks and drinks.

Then going to the dog beach,
to cool off in the water and let the pups splash a bit.

--or--

Go to the dog park,
Then to the beach,
Then out to lunch.

--or--

We could think of something completely different.

If it's too cold by the time we chose (Haha, Florida... Cold?)
We could just go to the park.

If anyone wants to come out of state ( I WISH )
There's a hotel right in front of my neighborhood.
If anyone needs any info aobut it;; feel free to PM me.

What do you guys think -- Who wants to come?

Moose
10-28-2003, 09:06 PM
Sounds great! :) At this point, the only weeked that should work for me is the weekend on the 22nd.....I think. :p I'm not too picky about what we do or anything like that, Moose and I will just be excited to meet everyone. :) Let me know if and when we decide on a date....[and if the 22nd and 23rd won't work, I'll do my best to make whatever date we decide on work out].

BTW Kay--> HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Yes, early, I know....but I tend to get a little spacey and I'm pretty positive that I will forget by the time November 29th [?] rolls around. :o :p :o

dukedogsmom
10-29-2003, 02:36 PM
I'm off 15th-16th. Working 21-22. I think going to the dog park first for lunch, then dog beach is a good idea. Like if we could just make it for one day or I could just do dog beach one day. I'm sure we can work it out somehow. Brooke, I don't know how our dogs would get along(Duke usually gets along with all except for Nala :( ) We could share the cost of the motel room. It was $54 the last time I stayed there. It's nice but bad thing is they give you smoking rooms. Stinks but they won't give you non smoking for some reason.

Moose
10-29-2003, 04:24 PM
Hm....15th and 16th. I could possibly make the 15th work. I'd only be able to get out there for that Saturday and would have to go back home late Saturday night [or] early Sunday morning. I would really hate to make that 8 hour drive just to hang out for a few hours, but I'd be willing to.....you guys must be special. ;):D

Val, if it turns out Duke and Moose don't get along we'll work it out. Moose can just chill by me all day. :p:D:p

Kfamr
10-29-2003, 04:29 PM
Val-- you're always welcome here, remember that -- Even though Duke & Nala don't get along.

I'd offer the same to you, Brooke -- But since we've never met yet I don't think you or my parents would like that idea.

My birthday is the 24th. :p ;)

Anyways, I'm off to load some Nala pictures -- We just played some fetch in the backyard. :D

CamCamPup33
10-29-2003, 07:17 PM
im gonna ask my mom.. I really really really want to make it this time!!

Moose
10-29-2003, 09:39 PM
I'd offer the same to you, Brooke -- But since we've never met yet I don't think you or my parents would like that idea.

I really do appreciate you even considering it, but I completely agree with the whole "haven't met, not staying at your house" situation. Maybe a different time. :)

My birthday is the 24th.

Hm.....the 24th, is it? -->Makes mental note<--- Perfect. ;)

Anyways, I'm off to load some Nala pictures

Yeeeeeah......Nala pictures! Get 'em up, get 'em up!! :D :D

Kfamr
10-29-2003, 11:40 PM
I hope it doesn't get *TOO* cold... it's a bit nippy right now.

Moose
10-30-2003, 06:57 PM
Shhh....no jinxing the weather. With my luck, it will either be raining or cold....:(

Fox-Gal
10-30-2003, 10:55 PM
Kfamr, I assume this is why you asked me to check out meetings? ;) ;) I'm gald you did I don't normal come here.

I'd love to come to a PT meeting. I was on my way to the other meeting you had but something happened along the way and I didn't make it.

Any weekend good for me, I'm easy to please on that. Not sure about going in the water though, first it's a little cold for a Florida gal in Nov. to get wet and second my dogs hate water. I'm never been lucky enough to have a dog yet that likes water. :( Oh well at least it keeps dog hairs out of the pool. But no matter, I love to come, My dogs can guard the beach. LOL

Oh one more thing, Does any one have a problem with me bring my male Boxer that has not yet been fixed? I know some people can have problems with that, either because they think it's wrong or maybe because they feel it could cause problems with their dogs. He's a good dog though and I promise he will give you lots of hugs. :)

I will understand if any one perfers I don't bring him. I Just don't want to offend anyone. Last thing I want to happen is leave there and everyone saying can you belive she brought him and hasn't got him fixed yet.

Kfamr
10-30-2003, 11:17 PM
I have no problem with it , since my girl is fixed.

The only thing though, i'll have to check is if they allow it at the dog park.

Fox-Gal
10-31-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I have no problem with it , since my girl is fixed.

The only thing though, i'll have to check is if they allow it at the dog park.

Ok if you can find out thats great, I much rather bring him sense he a larger dog and it seem that most everyone has a med. to large size dog comming. If I bring the little guys they might feel a little over taken by the big guys. LOL Plus Tuffy such a good dog with others.

I know the last park he went to a couble there had their female, in heat there and they gave me heck for bring Tuffy. I guess it was ok for them to bring a female in heat but not for me to bring a unaltered male. :rolleyes: So I never taken him to a park sense then.

I had plans to get Tuffy fixed, took him in a few weeks ago, but he has a small heart problem and the vet said it's 50/50 on putting him to sleep for the operation. Not worth it to me.

CamCamPup33
10-31-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Fox-Gal
Ok if you can find out thats great, I much rather bring him sense he a larger dog and it seem that most everyone has a med. to large size dog comming. If I bring the little guys they might feel a little over taken by the big guys. LOL Plus Tuffy such a good dog with others..

uh oh.. if i go with cami... camis not big.. shes almost med. :p

Kfamr
10-31-2003, 01:43 PM
Both parks have a side for large dogs and small dogs. :)

Fox-Gal
10-31-2003, 04:54 PM
Med still seem big to my two 11lb'er. I got cat bigger then them. LOL

How ever it works out is fine with me. Depending on what car I have to bring I might not have a choice but to bring the little guys. Tuffys head hit the roof in the one car.

Anyway let me know about the date when you get it figured out and this time I should make it with no problems. fingers crossed

CamCamPup33
11-01-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Fox-Gal
Oh one more thing, Does any one have a problem with me bring my male Boxer that has not yet been fixed? I know some people can have problems with that, either because they think it's wrong or maybe because they feel it could cause problems with their dogs. He's a good dog though and I promise he will give you lots of hugs. :)

I will understand if any one perfers I don't bring him. I Just don't want to offend anyone. Last thing I want to happen is leave there and everyone saying can you belive she brought him and hasn't got him fixed yet.

*IF* i go its not a problem with me.. my girl is fixed too

Moose
11-01-2003, 09:30 PM
Oh one more thing, Does any one have a problem with me bring my male Boxer that has not yet been fixed?

Well, if I go, nope.....not a problem at all. Moose is fixed and has been around "unaltered" males before without any problems. I promise, he'll be a good boy. :)

Kfamr
11-04-2003, 07:07 PM
So is the 15-16th alright with everyone?

What do we want to have to eat?

Is everyone alright with going to the dog park, eating there then going to the dog beach from there?

dukedogsmom
11-04-2003, 09:23 PM
Sounds good to me. Duke will have the whole area sniffed out while everyone else is running and playing. We should do something easy like hot dogs. Anyone have a hibatchi? That would be easy to cook on.

Kfamr
11-04-2003, 09:31 PM
what's a hibatchi?

I'm going to talk to my mom tomorrow, since she has the day off.
I'll ask her in the morning to call the park and ask them if they could reserve a shelter for us & if it's ok for un-altered dogs to come to the park.

Kfamr
11-04-2003, 09:37 PM
Also -- We need a time. i like to get out there really early before it gets *TOO* Hot..

dukedogsmom
11-06-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
what's a hibatchi?
It is a small grill that would hold about 8 hot dogs. However, that may not be big enough, depending on how many people are coming. And, I forgot about the shelters there. They probably have grills supplied, don't they?

Kfamr
11-06-2003, 10:30 AM
Yes, they have grills supplied.

Brooke said her and moose may not be able to make it that weekend on AIM last night....

dukedogsmom
11-07-2003, 12:21 PM
I think Duke really misses Simba. He's been laying at the other window where Simba was. I asked him today if I need to move his dog bed. Poor love sick dog.

Moose
11-07-2003, 06:41 PM
Nope.....I definitely can't make it. :( Well, at least not on Saturday. :( :( Moosey and I are definitely disappointed. -->Sigh<-- Maybe we could make another meeting sometime soon [I don't care if there are tons of PTers there, just as long as I at least get to meet some people]??

G.P.girl
11-07-2003, 08:16 PM
ooooooo i want to come!!! *green with envy* but some how i just don't see my mom buying me a plane ticket from seattle to florida:p i wonder why......have fun!!!

Kfamr
11-10-2003, 01:53 PM
Ok, so who all is coming FOR SURE??

Kfamr
11-12-2003, 09:29 PM
Anyone?
:p

Kfamr
11-14-2003, 05:17 PM
Ehhhh.. Anyone? It's tomorrow.

Kfamr
11-14-2003, 05:40 PM
I guess I hope to much, but if anyone does plan on coming here's the park info.

http://www.co.pinellas.fl.us/bcc/park/01_Anderson.htm
There are two maps at the bottom, along with information for the park at the top.

Here's a little "trail" I made on the map so you know where to go.
http://kay.unavoidable.net/Image1.jpg

Unaltered dogs are allowed, the only thing they need is up to date shots & licenses.

I'm not sure what time we're going for sure... Val, since I know you're coming for sure -- what time do you perfer?

Kfamr
11-14-2003, 08:05 PM
I guess we're going to be at the dog park from aorund 10 to maybe 12 or 1.