PDA

View Full Version : Stealing?

cubby31682
10-28-2003, 06:10 PM
Well tonight I made steak for dinner, Corey and I threw are leftovers away since Cubby isn't allowed to have them. I was just playing at my computer and I hear a bag ratteling. I look over and to my suprise Cubby was digging are left over steak out of the trash can. :mad: :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: I baged up the trash, and now he is walking around crying because I took his 'food source' from him. He has 3 bowls of cat food sitting out for him. So I'm sure he isn't starving, he just thought it smelled good until he got caught.

Cats.. Gotta love them even though they steal from us. Lol.

Katie

slick
10-28-2003, 07:26 PM
One evening in December I cooked a pork chop for supper and I started to eat it in front of the TV. The phone rang and it was my friend who talks alot. An hour later I return to my dinner, minus the half eaten pork chop.

I found it a few minutes later being chomped on by Speckles way behind the Christmas tree.:D :D

Barbara
10-29-2003, 03:33 AM
Have you never stolen apples in a neighbor's garden? Did you do that because you were hungry?
Stealing is just fun for the kitties:D

jenluckenbach
10-29-2003, 04:55 AM
Now don't be too harsh on Cubby. It is technically NOT stealing...........after all, you threw it away.;) (right, Cubby?) NOW, when you have food on your plate, turn to look away, turn back to find it suspiciously empty...........THAT'S stealing:D

cubby31682
10-29-2003, 08:12 AM
He wont steal off plates. He learned when I got him that he doesn't get treats if he steals it, I use to take it away from him when he would take it off are plates. So he would just sit right in front of us and wait for it. When we would get done we had to put the plate on the floor point at the plate and call his name. If you would just call his name he wouldn't touch it. I have no clue why he wouldn't unless you pointed.

Last night while I was eating, I was eating at my computer desk (we don't have a dinner table we have no room for one) anyway I had to get up to refill my drink and to get a napkin, Cubby was sitting right on my computer tower. I came back he was still sitting there with his nose in the air smelling it. :)

He use to take chicken bones out of the garbage, I would try to hide them with in the trash so he couldn't just reach in and get them so at night after I would go to bed, I would hear this loud crash I would get up and he was in the trash getting his chicken out.

Silly silly kitty. I thought it was very funny last night. It is hard on him not getting any more people food. He use to get what ever we would eat unless it was very unhealty for a cat to eat. Now he doesn't get anything, except some kitten milk for his medication. (I asked the vet if I could mix it in milk for him.)

Katie

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-29-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
NOW, when you have food on your plate, turn to look away, turn back to find it suspiciously empty...........THAT'S stealing:D

You mean like this, Jen? Terry was having his morning Cheerios and left the kitchen for some reason, only to come back and find this.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/pe5d9f6e02cd132604c59561c38aff29e/fdc51f17.jpg

Now I call this stealing! ;) :D

Craftlady
10-29-2003, 08:46 AM
LOL I call that stealing Tubby and Peanuts Mom. What a priceless photo.
Last night Skinny found the only piece of left over steak stir fry on my plate. I thought at first he got ahold of broccilli because I thought that plus some other veggies were only thing left on my plate. I go to investigate in the foyer area off kitchen and theres Skinny starting to munch. He wasn't happy when I took it out of his mouth.
He has enough tummy problems, he didn't need to add to the agrivation. :)

sqwelch
10-29-2003, 11:08 AM
Its not just cats that pinch items from your plate my RB rabbit (Fester) once jumped up and stole a chip right off my fork, quick as anything, cheeky wee thing, then ran into the corner and munched away quite happily on it !!! Wish I'd caught that on camera especially the surprise on my face !!!

jenluckenbach
10-29-2003, 02:06 PM
T&P....LOL HA HA HA:D

momofcats
10-30-2003, 06:15 PM
My cats are not typically "garbage pickers", but of course one day when I didn't have the camera there was Dawn half way into the garbage (butt up in the air) digging her "kill of the day" out.
:rolleyes:

carole
10-30-2003, 06:44 PM
I have got to say my Ash and Lexie have got almost perfect table manners, they never steal off our plates or even if I leave anything on the bench, now my RB Sooti was another story, he was a greedy wee fellow, he used to munch his food down like there was no tomorrow, and he once stole the chops off the bench, yeah silly place to leave them de-thawing.

He was always hanging out in the kitchen , looking for anything that fell his way, apparently when he lived with his original owner, he used to eat the other kittens food as well, and in the end had to be feed separately.