View Full Version : Agility

gkristian
10-27-2003, 11:35 PM
I do agility with Foxy every Sunday for three hour and was just wandering if anyone did agility with their dog.

If you want to post pics that would be great.

Shelteez2
10-27-2003, 11:37 PM
I have done agility with my dogs. I took 2 sets of lessons with Emily and 1 set of lessons with Clipse. I had to stop for awhile, but I hope to get back into it and competing next year.

binka_nugget
10-27-2003, 11:46 PM
Not yet but that was one of the reasons why I wanted another sheltie. I wanted to do agility with both dogs along with tons of other stuff. Kai's in obedience with a far better trainer this time. I figured it'd be best if Kai was obedient first. He's doing awefully well, I think I might try competing in obedience trials with him as well.

Shelteez2
10-27-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
Not yet but that was one of the reasons why I wanted another sheltie. I wanted to do agility with both dogs along with tons of other stuff. Kai's in obedience with a far better trainer this time. I figured it'd be best if Kai was obedient first. He's doing awefully well, I think I might try competing in obedience trials with him as well.

Fun fun!!!!!!! *S* Hey does your trainer compete in obedience? If so can you ask her how she teaches a formal retrieve?

binka_nugget
10-27-2003, 11:55 PM
Yep, she said she competes with some of her dogs. I'll try asking next class (if I remember:o). Btw shelteez2, remember our PM's about Kai not walking well on leash? He's doing EXCELLENT now! He heels during his walk! :D What a dramatic improvement!

Crikit
10-28-2003, 12:04 AM
I don't train for agility I live agility...okay well that's a bit of a stretch but not much. All three of my dogs are in training for it and I compete with Smudge and Winter.

Shelteez2
10-28-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Crikit
I don't train for agility I live agility...okay well that's a bit of a stretch but not much. All three of my dogs are in training for it and I compete with Smudge and Winter.

Where do you train? I'm looking for places to start up again. Previously I went to Paw-Z-Tracks :)

gkristian
10-28-2003, 03:07 AM
i'm going to start competing with Foxy in a couple of months

Dobiegirl24
10-28-2003, 04:04 AM
I'm still wating for classes to start up, our agility trainer just had a baby so agility classes are on hold. So right now we are just in advance obed class but Pepper really needs something like agility to do, he just isn't that satisfied with obedience, LOL;)

gkristian
10-29-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Dobiegirl24
but Pepper really needs something like agility to do, he just isn't that satisfied with obedience, LOL;)
I know what you mean. Foxy found obedience classes too boring and now with agility he's always having heaps of fun