PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Party!

slleipnir
10-27-2003, 09:18 PM
I think I told you all about my halloween party a while ago, the Murder Mystery. Well, friday is nearing, and its still actually not -near- done. We decided late last week that a Murder Mystery just won't work. We don't even know -yet- if 2 ppl can come. So we couldn't depend on that. So we changed it around. Now, its something like a scavenger hunt. Slightly different. They have a time limit to follow their clues and find pieces to a puzzle. For every minute they're late, they gain points. The team at the end with most peices/points, wins! Now, it probably sounds kinda dull, but to make it a little freaky, its out in the middle of no where (for these ppl) as they've never been to my cottage. Its out in the country on private land, so no street lamps. Very dark. To top that off, there are only few cottages with ppl actually in them, so there will be no one around out and about. I hope that will make it more scary. I have a time limit so if someone happens to get lost, I can go find them. Although I personally think its impossible to cause we're giving them maps, flash lights and marking trails etc. Plus they don't go to far away and always have a couple ppl with them. We have clues which will be easy, and other I hope will be a little harder. Like, math problems to figure out which poll the puzzle piece will be in, or we give them a childrens sand shuvel and give them a clue which says something like '10 steps from bench' or something, adn they have to figure out to use the shuvel to dig for their peice in htat general area if they follow they're clues right. Maybe the step before that will be like they have to find a house, get its # and thats the # of steps they take at the beach. Stuff like that. Ah, I can't wait, I think it will be fun :D

dukedogsmom
10-27-2003, 09:35 PM
Sounds like great fun! I think just the fact that it's out in the middle of nowhere will be good enough. I know it would get my mind working. You should have a few people lurking abou to scare the stuffing out of them. Oh, and I'd be out for hours trying to figure out the math problem :)

stacwase
10-27-2003, 10:06 PM
Oh - it sounds nice and spooky! I hope you get the heck scared out of you! I wish you a scary Halloween! :eek: :eek:

anna_66
10-28-2003, 07:42 AM
That sounds sooo cool, wish I could come!