PDA

View Full Version : First Picture of Briggs

iloverat
10-27-2003, 08:45 PM
OK, we're gonna give this a try! This is Briggs right after she adopted us.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p11e0f248f07c1ec70a3fcb0af2752b80/fab931cb.jpg

iloverat
10-27-2003, 08:53 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p1575fe05588deaf9e90624f5bc230f72/fab8fda6.jpg

iloverat
10-27-2003, 08:59 PM
Briggs is just a little over four years old now. She now looks much as she does in this picture. Her coloring is white with an apricot glaze. Thanks to Kyle for posting these for me.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p8cd52538e498072228f9868c1638f3be/fab8fe1f.jpg

Steffi N
10-27-2003, 09:33 PM
AWWWWWW. What a pretty kitty. :)

iloverat
10-27-2003, 09:38 PM
FINALLY we were able to post some photos of our darling baby, Briggs. She is my very first cat :eek: I always seemed to break out in red spots and start wheezing when I was around cats so I never even considered bringing one home. Well, Miss Briggs had other ideas. My husband, a neighbor and I were out walking my friend's dogs one evening 4 years ago. My friend is as crazy about animals as I am and when we both spotted this adorable little white kitten with BIG blue eyes in someone's front yard, we stopped in our tracks to say hello. After a few minutes, we continued on with our walk. We looked back to see the kitten one more time and she was following us, right down the middle of the street!!!! We returned her to the yard where we first saw her, commenced walking and again, here came the cat. AGAIN we returned her, tried to contact some one in "her" house, etc. No luck and after 4 times of the kitten following us, my husband scooped her up and we brought her home. We never did find her owner, so Briggs decided to stay with us. She's an inside cat and I have little or no allergy to her. She sleeps with us and follows me around the house, helping with chores. She's a delight and I know now that I will NEVER EVER AGAIN be without a cat :D :D :D :

stacwase
10-27-2003, 10:05 PM
Ohhh - :) - I'm so glad you got adopted by her. Both of you are much happier since you met, I'm sure!

jazzcat
10-27-2003, 10:54 PM
What a beautiful kitty! I'd love to see more pics.

krazyaboutkatz
10-27-2003, 11:03 PM
She's gorgeous and looks like a Flamepoint to me. :D I'm so glad that you were able to adopt her and give her a loving forever home. :)

jenluckenbach
10-28-2003, 05:41 AM
How adorable!!!!!!!:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
10-28-2003, 06:09 AM
FINALLY .... BRIGGS!!!!!:D

I hardley expected to see such a *BEAUTIFUL* kitty when I opened the thread!!!

Briggs is stunning.... she sure grew into a beautiful cat!! I am so glad you found her and saved her that day.. i am sure she is so thankful to have a wonderful furrever home!

NIce to meet you Briggs!!! *KISSES* for you!!:D :D

HayleyRosie
10-28-2003, 06:10 AM
She is absolutely beautiful. Can we see more?

Vio&Juni
10-28-2003, 06:42 AM
She's so beautiful. She has the same color as Skylar and Butter :)

Barbara
10-28-2003, 07:01 AM
To me she seems to be a pink flamingo point! Su-per-cute:)

tatsxxx11
10-28-2003, 09:19 AM
Oh Bobbi! Finally pics of Briggs! What a beauty she is! I loved reading how she found her way to her forever home. :) Sounds like destiny to me! We'll be keeping an eye out for lots more pics of the beautiful Ms. Briggs:)

catmandu
10-28-2003, 09:43 AM
Briggs sure was smart , to find such a loving home , and such Good guardians! Hooray for Briggs , and so say ALL OF US!mrrreeeoooww!

catlover4ever
10-28-2003, 09:46 AM
Oh my Briggs, are you ever a gorgeous lady. You sure are one smart kitty and your owners sure are lucky to have you.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-28-2003, 11:25 AM
What a pretty kitty! I've never seen a cat this color until I met Butter here on PT, and I have to admit that I love this coloring in a kitty. She's beautiful, and I love the story of how she insisted on going home with you. :D

iloverat
10-28-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
To me she seems to be a pink flamingo point! Su-per-cute:)

I'm not familiar with a pink flamingo point. Can someone tell me what this is?:) Since we do not yet have a digital camera, the pictures aren't as clear as most on PT. Briggs' coloring (the orange glaze part) is actually a little darker than it appears here. I see we have a Flamepoint for COTD today and Briggs' markings ARE very similar.

Thanks for all the nice comments. I have about a million snapshots of my baby and would love to post more. Might be later than sooner but hopefully I can get some others online. I think you'll really enjoy her BATH photo :D OOoooh, was she :mad: !!!!!

I only remember seeing a thumbnail photo of Butter. Will watch out for bigger pictures of her/him.

As you can tell from the tale of how Briggs came to us, she is one single-minded, determined kitty. She's a real love- not a lap cat at all but comes for HER snuggles at least once a day. She crawls into my lap, stands up and puts her paws around my neck and begins to give me a massage. The entire time she does this, she purrs directly into my ear. At this point I melt completely. She could ask me for a new Bentley and I would assure her it would be in the driveway ASAP. Another version of this activity is carried out once I get in bed at night and am reading. Briggs waits til I'm settled in, then hops on my chest and head butts me on my glasses til I remove them. Next step is to plop down on top of me with her head laying next to mine on the pillow :D Again she massages my neck, purrs into my ear and asks for her own credit line at the fish market. Yes, Briggs, of course!!!! I am mesmerized. Once she's decided she's had enough kneading, she breaks the spell by hopping up and off the bed, on to other adventures.

PayItForward
10-28-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by iloverat
She could ask me for a new Bentley and I would assure her it would be in the driveway ASAP
ROTFLMAO :D

So she is as charming, as she is beautiful.

Great photos.

kimlovescats
10-28-2003, 02:35 PM
What a BEAUTIFUL girl Briggs is .... and a sweet story of her purrsistant behaviour to be your baby!!! More pics please!:D

iloverat
10-28-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
ROTFLMAO :D

PayItForward or any other informed soul, please translate for me. Thanks!

RedHedd
10-28-2003, 06:01 PM
Rolling On The Floor Laughing My A** Off
:D

RedHedd
10-28-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by iloverat
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p1575fe05588deaf9e90624f5bc230f72/fab8fda6.jpg
Pink Feeties! Must Kiss Pink Feeties!:cool:

catcrazylady
10-28-2003, 06:09 PM
Not only is she BEAUTIFUL but her story is wonderful!! I am still laughing about the Bentley!!!:D :D :D :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

rg_girlca
10-28-2003, 09:23 PM
What a heartwarming story. Briggs knew exactly what she was doing that day, when she kept coming out of the yard and following you guys.
She is one beautiful cat.
Thanks for sharing her story and gorgeous pics of her.

iloverat
10-29-2003, 08:01 PM
A big thank you to everyone that left such wonderful comments about our sweet baby, Briggs:) Sure makes a mommy feel good to have people praise her furbaby:D

I showed PT to my hubby last night and he was very impressed on several fronts. Naturally, he, too thought everyone's remarks were so sweet and thoughtful. If it weren't for me, we wouldn't have pets but once they're here, he's a pushover for them. He was amazed and again, most impressed with all of your technical skills -- the colorful signatures, all the great pictures of babies from around the world as well as the obvious heartfelt love we all have for our furry companions. Just thought I'd pass that on.

Thanks again. Hope to have more photos available soon.

HAPPY HOWLOWEEN!!!!!! :D :D :D