PDA

View Full Version : Flyball Anyone?

*FlatCoatsRule*
10-27-2003, 07:15 PM
Does anyone here do flyball???????
I think it's soooo fun to go to the matches and watch the dogs race! :D

binka_nugget
10-27-2003, 09:11 PM
Not yet. I'll most likely start with Kai after we do some agility. I'm thinking about doing it with Kaedyn too, he's alot faster than Kai is.

*FlatCoatsRule*
10-27-2003, 10:52 PM
Shelties are the perfect size for how far the jumps usually are. Border collies, small females rather, FLY over those jumps as fast as a speeding bullet! :eek:

gkristian
10-27-2003, 11:38 PM
not yet, but i want to start in afew months.

Shelteez2
10-27-2003, 11:40 PM
No I don't really like flyball. I'll stick to obedience and agility.

gkristian
10-27-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
No I don't really like flyball. I'll stick to obedience and agility.
It great fun for the dogs

Shelteez2
10-27-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by gkristian
It great fun for the dogs

So is agility and obedience.

cloverfdx
10-28-2003, 06:18 AM
Shelteez2, not all dogs enjoy Obedience and Agility, my girl cannot stand Obedience but we will get that blasted novice title then give boring old Obedience the flick *i cant wait*

i prefer FLYBALL you get to hang out with realy happy great Flyball mad dogs and their humans it is a fun competitive TEAM sport, you get to go away on weekends away with both canine and human friends and have a great time be you win or lose.

*FlatCoatsRule* do you race any dogs in Flyball? and if so may i ask what titles you have gained?

My Clover has her FDCh and is well on her way to AFDCh but may be retiring when she gets her FM title (Depends on how her health is going and if she is still enjoying Flyball) but i will have another dog up and racing by then.

I am also training my Chihuahua in Flyball and he is doing realy well and i am hoping to have him racing by next year :D i cant wait.

cali
10-28-2003, 07:15 AM
I play flyball, I run happy and misty, and my mom runs Ripley, and blair just started training. traveling is a lot of fun and everyone is very nice, people are super competitive yet teams still coach other teams, on there starts, or ball shage for them, or even run there dog or load there box for them! :D our club is complete rivals to another in the city, yet we help eachother out and etc..
its a lot of fun to, in agility you are on your own ya know?(I do agility too) you dont really know anyone, and it doesent matter because you dont work with them, in flyball everyone works together, after a day of racing we ill all go out for supper, we all find a motel together, and we split into to groups each group gets a room. its great socializtion for the dogs... I could go on!

happy runs second and has her FDCh I am just waiting for her FM, Ripley also has his FDCh waiting for his FM, misty doesent start running until next month, hopfully she will get her FDCh :p

*FlatCoatsRule*
10-28-2003, 07:43 PM
No, I don't race, but I LOVE to go to the races! It's so cool and I AM part of the club so I DO help like, holding the racers til its their turn, let me tell ya, it's a job!!! They wanna run, and they wanna run NOWWW!!!! Hehe!! It's so much fun!
But hey guys AND Gals, just cause someone doesn't like flyball doesn't mean you guys AND Gals need to fight about it! :p ;) :rolleyes:

Shelteez2
10-28-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by cloverfdx
Shelteez2, not all dogs enjoy Obedience and Agility, my girl cannot stand Obedience but we will get that blasted novice title then give boring old Obedience the flick *i cant wait*

If you don't enjoy it and your dog doesn't enjoy it then why bother? The title can't be worth that much to you.

I think any dog can enjoy obedience, all you h ave to do is find the right method to train them and the right thing to motivate them.

To each their own though :D That's why there are so many dog sports out there!

cloverfdx
10-29-2003, 07:30 AM
Sheeltez2, the reason for getting that novice obedience title is because we have been working at it for 5 years and i am not going to give up now ;)

and yes each to their own as far as dog sports go :)

FlatCoats that is great that you help your club out with Flyball (wish we had more helpers on race days) are you hoping to race a dog some day?