PDA

View Full Version : Catnip FEVER!!

Sirrahsim
10-27-2003, 07:03 PM
AUGH!!! I gave Boomer his first taste of fresh catnip today... I fear my ankles will never be the same. After only a minute or two he started practically climbing the walls! Shortly after that he decided that my ankles were giant chew toys! Not even getting sprayed with a water bottle stopped his rampage. I'm currently closed in my computer room waiting for him to CALM down :eek: The last time I gave him some of the dried catnip he just ignored it. Psycho kitty:rolleyes: so much for giving him a little pinch of catnip to make him more playful:D

sirrahbed
10-27-2003, 07:33 PM
I did read that catnip was a hallucinogin for cats - like LSD only not harmful. Maybe your feet turned into giant mousies!!

jazzcat
10-27-2003, 10:52 PM
Ripley used to be that way with catnip but he became more able to handle it with age. He still gets a good high though.

Vio&Juni
10-28-2003, 04:35 AM
My cats have fresh catnip, dried catnip, catnip filled toys. They couldn't care less. Ok, they play with the catnip filled toys, but I think it's only because their shape is very convenient for playing.

BUT... They love Valeriana pills, drops too, but the pills are better.

jenluckenbach
10-28-2003, 04:45 AM
LOL
I have never had one react so crazy, although I do have some that like it and some that don't.

sirrahbed
10-28-2003, 06:00 AM
Never knew that cats liked Valerian. I take it myself for sleep but have always gagged on the smell! To me it smells like a dirty cat butt!! Maybe that's why kittie's like it??

Vio&Juni
10-28-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Never knew that cats liked Valerian. I take it myself for sleep but have always gagged on the smell! To me it smells like a dirty cat butt!! Maybe that's why kittie's like it??

LOL

my pills are covered with some sweet glaze. I actually like them. Juni even more.

moosmom
10-28-2003, 07:46 AM
:( I also live with a house full of four-legged catnip addicts. All I have to do is go to the cabinet where it's KEPT and they come running from the other end of the apartment.

I've created monsters. But ya gotta love 'em!!

stacwase
10-28-2003, 08:03 AM
We grow cat mint in our garden (thought it was catnip for years, didn't know the difference). The plants are 2-3 feet high and really bushy, and if you put 5 of them together they make a really nice shrub. Well - Toby likes to make a little cave in the middle of them every year. It's his little secret opium den! When he was little he'd go bonkers from the stuff. Now he just sleeps in there. It's so cute!

sqwelch
10-28-2003, 08:15 AM
Recently Bonnie broke into my kitchen drawer while I was out and found the catnip, she dragged the box through to the living room where she attacked it. When I came home it was absolutely everywhere and she was lying up on the settee covered in the stuff, I asked her 'who did that' and she looked at me with the most innocent eyes as if to say 'who me, wasn't me honest' I so wish my camera had been handy !!!!