PDA

View Full Version : Southern CA fire...

GoldenRetrLuver
10-27-2003, 07:01 PM
Wow. The fire is really taking over...:(
At the high school I go to, which is about 45 minutes away from the fire, the sky was brown and every time you breathed it was like you were smoking a pack of cigarettes. :eek: Ashes were coming in when I was on the bus, as well. They shut down some schools in the area, and they might shut down mine too.

Here are some pictures of the smoke from my house...it's not NEARLY as bad as where my school is...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/pac2d814f636e00a7eccb9b50db7c9c8c/fab6de5e.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/pbecc5f615003bc8971fdd7ac669846fc/fab6db6c.jpg

My aunt was evacuated, and I'm afraid my grandma might be too. :( Please pray they get the fire under control.

CamCamPup33
10-27-2003, 07:04 PM
stay safe! :( hope this 'blows' over soon

popcornbird
10-27-2003, 07:05 PM
OMG! :eek: :(:(:(

I was just reading the news...........and it says the weather is getting hotter, and drier, and that can encourage the fire to spread more. :eek: Poor poor beautiful California. :( My heart breaks for those who have lost their homes. If you look at the pics in the news, most of the homes burnt down were beautiful new homes, just gorgeous ones. Makes me so sad..........especially because homes in CA are SO expensive, so those beautiful houses were probably those peoples' life savings. :(

I hope it doesn't spread through more of the state. I hope they can control it. Please God please.................send some rain to California. :(

binka_nugget
10-27-2003, 07:08 PM
Omgosh, prayers headed your way! :( Stay safe.

GoldenRetrLuver
10-27-2003, 07:36 PM
I know...
I'm so paranoid with Molly and Daisy. Even though there's not much smoke over here, they're staying inside. :p

Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts.

luckies4me
10-27-2003, 07:43 PM
So sad. :( I was just watching the news and in San Diego a man and his wife went back to their house and their dead cat was outside burnt on the floor. They started crying. It was one of the worst things I have seen in a long time. :( :( I wonder why they didn't take their cat with them if they evacuated? I would NEVER leave me pets here. Either they go with me or I die with them.

My family is having a hard time coping with the air. They actually had to leave their house and go to my stepdads moms.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-27-2003, 07:51 PM
The picture isn't showing up on my mom's computer, but I would be scared to death if I were you. I'm scared of even thunderstorms. :( Praying nothing bad happens...

Moose
10-27-2003, 08:31 PM
Oh wow, lots of prayers being sent your way Jules. Stay safe and keep your pups [and rest of your family] close!

BTW-->great pics [unfortunate that they had to be because of a fire]

popcornbird
10-27-2003, 09:04 PM
Look at this pic from CNN. Its a house in San Diego.

:(:(

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/images/10/27/top.main.fire.homes.ap.jpg

Moose
10-27-2003, 09:13 PM
Wow, that picture gives me chills. :eek: