PDA

View Full Version : Dog Feeding

Maddie
07-07-2001, 12:22 PM
Hello,
I just adopted this beautiful little Terrier Mix yesterday from a lady who knows alot about dogs. But I have a question for anyone who can give me an answer. She told me to feed the dog once a day for 15 minutes. I dont know alot about dogs but am learning quickily but I am used to 2 cats who eat all day long. Now, I know they are two different species of animals but I just wanna make sure I am not depriving my new dog. Anyone have any input?
Thank You,
Rich

Tanya&Fritz
07-08-2001, 09:19 AM
How old is the dog?

2-3 months they eat 3 times a day
3-12 months they eat 2 times a day
12 months and on they eat once a day

There are exceptions to this rule though. My dogs have always eaten twice a day and they also get a treat (milk bone) around 3:00 pm. Hope this helps!

jackiesdaisy1935
07-08-2001, 11:25 AM
Hi Rich, we have always fed our two Schnauzers twice a day., usually around
6:30 in the morning and then about 3:00 in the afternoon. Whatever their total food for the day is, we split it in half for morning and afternoon. In between they get dog snacks and they seem to do well on that.

KYS
07-08-2001, 12:45 PM
jackiesdaisy1935:
we have always fed our two Schnauzers twice a day., Whatever their total food for the day is, we split it in half for morning and afternoon. >>>>>>>

I have always fed my adult dogs
2 times a day too.

Daisy's Mom
07-08-2001, 05:37 PM
Daisy eats twice a day, when I am having breakfast and when I have dinner. That reduces her amount of begging for MY food... well, not too much though :)