PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #26 - Boo Bash!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-27-2003, 11:54 AM
Ok, I know it's a long time until Thursday but I want to tell you my ghost story! Grab a cupa cider and pull up a chair. Comfy? Here goes:

It was a gloomy fall day when I had my first encounter.
In the early 1970s, I volunteered as a tour guide at the old fort in our town. The fort was built to help keep peace between the settlers and the Indians. The city was restoring the fort and had the old hospital and one of the officers quarters open for visitors. I was in the officers quarters known as the Swords House.

The last group of tourists had left and I was alone; I thought. The house has 3 levels. The bedrooms and 2 closets are on the top level. The parlor and dining room are in the middle level with the kitchen and servants quarters on the bottom floor. I was in the hall of the middle level.

CREAK, SQUEAK, CREAK, SQUEAK - the sound of footsteps on the over one hundered year old floor over head, got my attention. I went upstairs - nothing!

I had just returned to the middle hall when I heard more light footsteps upstairs followed by the slamming of one of the closet doors. Since it was almost closing time I locked up after one more check to make sure someone wasn't hiding trying to scare me.

As I walked across the parade ground to the hospital building, I glanced over my shoulder. I could swear the curtain in the parlor moved.

At the hospital, which also housed the reception center, I mentioned what had happened to the supervisor.
"Oh, that's probably Mrs. Turrett," she said.
"The Turretts lived in the Swords house at one time. One day while Mrs. Turrett was on the veranda, her husband, the Captain, came riding up and saw her. He decided to show off so made his horse rear up. As he dismounted with a flourish, the horse's reigns got wrapped around the trigger of his gun and he shot himself. He died and was buried on the parade grounds until Mrs. Turrett decided to go back east. She dug him up and took him with her. For some reason, she seems to haunt that house. Several people have actually seen her sad little face peeking out the parlor window, watching forever for her captain to come riding home.":eek:

RICHARD
10-27-2003, 12:51 PM
:eek: IS RIGHT!

Randi
10-27-2003, 12:52 PM
..... here's one more

The Last Ride
by Paul Melniczek

She lifted up her head and peered outside through the frosted window. Wrinkled eyes gazed into the bright sky, and a smile came over the old woman’s face when she saw the full moon, shining away in all it’s harvest glory, a perfect background setting for All Hallow’s Eve.
A loud purring reached her ears as a black cat leaped up on the table next to the rocking chair she was sitting in.
"Yes, my sweets. Isn’t that a pretty night we have in store for us? Old man moon looks down on us with a wink in his eye tonight."
The cat stared at her with deep green eyes, attention fixed on every word.
"You know what this night means, don’t you, Trickster?" The cat let out a soft meow, listening to his master.
"It is the passing of an age, that is what. Many long years, happy memories, but there is an ending to every story, good and bad. Ol’ Madge here has seen it all, yes I have."
The old woman pushed herself up from the chair, one gnarled hand stroking the silken fur of Trickster. There was a creaking noise as old bones cracked within the ancient body, stiff joints groaning in protest at the effort made by her to straighten up.
"Ah, this craggy old girl ain’t what she used to be. Need a dose of the ointment before I go, that’ll fix me for a little while."
Madge walked over towards a large oaken trunk that was filled with an assortment of herbs, spices, animal parts, jarred collections of insects, packaged powders, and numerous other odds and ends. They were the tools of her trade.
Rummaging through the contents, she found a sachet containing some brown colored leaves, and when she opened it a sweet odor wafted outwards.
"Hmm, this will do fine." The crone went over to a wooden cabinet which had vials of liquid scattered about the shelves. She grabbed a tube with a bubbly fluid inside with a purple tinge to it, and then poured the leaves in.
Wispy curls of vapor rose up, and the old woman drank deeply.
A look of revulsion crossed her face at the bitter taste, but she shook it off.
"Not the fountain of youth, but it bestows on me a glimmer of strength, and that is all I need." She smacked her dry lips together, and smiled with glee.
Madge hobbled over to the great stone fireplace that warmed the cottage, and a black cauldron was resting above the burning flames. A green liquid boiled away in a frenzy, fat bubbles oozing from the surface. She stirred the mixture with a metal ladle.

"Double, bubble, toil and trouble!"
"Double, bubble, toil and trouble!’
Cackling with delight, the old woman churned the foul broth with renewed vigor. The cauldron hissed in answer, and the brew began to fizzle over.
"Ha ha, that’s it. A ghastly potion for a ghostly night!"
Madge nodded to herself, and the flames danced before her, casting lurid shadows on the walls of the cottage.
The image behind the cat grew in size, reaching the proportions of a great beast which was many times the feline’s actual body shape.
Trickster growled, his dark mane bristling. The master made a gesture in the air, and the front door burst open as the black cat sprang into the night, the transformation beginning to take place. A howl echoed from the woods outside, and Madge shouted in response, the language old and archaic.
"Rejoice in the wild, my pet. The night calls. Until the sun comes up, when you must return."
A gust of wind blasted against the cottage, slamming the door shut with a loud crash. The old woman’s wizened face had a trace of sadness on it, and she let out a deep sigh.
"It is almost time, must make haste."
Madge opened the closet and reached inside, tenderly bringing out a worn garb, black as the night. A tear trickled from the corner of an eye, moistening the callused cheek beneath.
"So many years, where have they all gone? How will I be able to face the next one, knowing that my time is done?"
She pulled the raiment tightly about herself, cherishing the feel of the familiar outfit. The cloak gave her comfort and security.
"Such little time, and too many things to fill it with, ‘tis a pity."
There was an upper shelf inside the closet, and from this she brought out a rumpled black hat, pointed at the top in the shape of a narrow cone.
"Hee hee hee," she chuckled. "A pointed cone for a crooked crone." She set the hat on her head, and brushed back the strands of silver hair that lay tangled down to her shoulders. She began to feel much younger and stronger, but it was only wishful thinking. Potions could give her a teasing of both, but that was it.
Madge crossed to the other side of the room, wooden floor boards creaking underneath her musty black boots. The heels clicked softly with her passing.
A reading desk sat in the corner, and a dusty tome sprawled along the top. Strange words and symbols were etched onto the crinkled pages, the lettering written in blood. She leafed through until she found the proper incantation, then closed the book with a snap.
"Long ago, I could recite nearly every line of verse in half that script. But now....." The old woman shook her head, again being overcome with remorse.
"More’s the pity, old hag, I’ve had my turn. The wheels of time roll on without stopping, and my moment has arrived to step aside. Only fond memories, no regrets."
The old woman’s gaze wandered the trappings of the cottage, her domain for countless years. Yes, fate had treated her well, there was no denial.
"And now, my friend, who has served me so well these many years. Will you answer the summons yet again, on this night of all nights?
Madge spread her arms wide in appeal, pale yellow eyes closed in concentration. The wind picked up outside, and tree branches scratched against the window panes, bent stick arms moving in wooden animation, responding to the surge of dark power that was building within the cottage.
There was a flash of brilliance radiating from a section of stone next to the fireplace, and a secret panel was revealed. From the compartment emerged a long broom, stark in opaque blackness, levitating towards the old woman.
"Ha ha ha, come to me! It is our time again. The sisters await!"
The broom continued floating, and it came within the crone’s eager grasp as it throbbed with power, pulsating with diabolical energy.
Madge held the broom up triumphantly, and opened the front door. A strong breeze was blowing, and fallen leaves covered the mossy earth. Sinister figures crouched within the surrounding shadows, lurking among the trees.
It was Halloween night, and spirits of the nights had awakened in unholy celebration.
Madge sat astride the enchanted broom, and up she flew to meet with her fellow sisters of the coven. This was her last time as the coven leader, and a new one would be sworn in this Hallow’s Eve.
She gazed up at the awaiting sky, spotting others of her wicked brethren. It was Halloween night, and for the last time, into that magical night, rode the form of the witch, on her last moonlight ride.
The End

gini
10-27-2003, 01:21 PM
OOOOO....I LOVE THESE!

It is going to be such a lovely Thursday .......................

And what is the brew?

tatsxxx11
10-27-2003, 01:47 PM
Shivvvvvvverrrr!:D I love scary stories! Good goin' ladies! Connie, you must have been petrified! I'd have taken off long before you did! Great "true story!" Randi, did you write that?? EXCELLENT! I felt like I was right there with the old crow, err, crone! lol! More please!!:)

slick
10-27-2003, 02:07 PM
Good grief Charlie Brown, it's only Monday and the bar's open already.:eek:

No booze for me this week. Went to the doc on Friday and she wants me to go for complete CBC (blood tests) including the glucose one. I'd better be good. I'll take an OJ with a touch of Club Soda.

I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror. That's the only scary story I've got to share. :eek: :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
10-27-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by slick

I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror. That's the only scary story I've got to share. :eek: :eek: I used to be scared when I looked in a mirror but am not any more. I guess I've grown accustomed to my face.

Gini I've just been serving apple cider. Any ideas?

Slick I can do a club soda and oj, so here you go.

Sandra, glad you finally stopped in. How about some cider?:D

Soledad
10-27-2003, 03:45 PM
The name of this thread makes me sad. :(

momoffuzzyfaces
10-27-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
The name of this thread makes me sad. :( Sigh! Sorry, it was meant as Boo like a ghost goes. I did not intend to offend.

Soledad
10-27-2003, 03:59 PM
I was joking. :p

tatsxxx11
10-27-2003, 04:08 PM
In THAT case, I'll have a mulled cider please; with a cinnamon stick. I'd ask you for a shot of apple jack in that Connie, but I'm not sure Richard's left you the keys to the kingdom!:p Do you serve food in this joint? If so, I'd love a cinnamon donut with that. Oooops, forget it. Too close to dinner!:D

momoffuzzyfaces
10-27-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
In THAT case, I'll have a mulled cider please; with a cinnamon stick. I'd ask you for a shot of apple jack in that Connie, but I'm not sure Richard's left you the keys to the kingdom!:p Do you serve food in this joint? If so, I'd love a cinnamon donut with that. Oooops, forget it. Too close to dinner!:D Mulled cider with a cinnamon stick it is. I can do lots of the food but for liquor you need to see the boss bar keep.

Are you SURE you don't want a donut? I used to work in a bakery and helped make the donuts every morning. YUMMY! (waves cinnamon donut so aroma wafts through the air)

slick
10-27-2003, 05:34 PM
MMMMMM the Chinese Mandarin oranges are out now at my local produce shop........I could eat a million of them.

Thanks for OJ. It's the middle of the afternoon here now and I need a "pick-me-up". Is there any mulled cider left??

Edwina's Secretary
10-27-2003, 05:37 PM
I'm sitting here all alone reading this. It is very dark out with yesterday's time change. I keep hearing this strange noise............................................. .......................................

It is Eddie snoring! When did that start???

slick
10-27-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I'm sitting here all alone reading this. It is very dark out with yesterday's time change. I keep hearing this strange noise............................................. .......................................

LOL!!!!! Max snores sometimes and because he sleeps with his head right next to my face, it wakes me up.....

momoffuzzyfaces
10-27-2003, 06:01 PM
MMMMMM the Chinese Mandarin oranges are out now at my local produce shop........I could eat a million of them.

Thanks for OJ. It's the middle of the afternoon here now and I need a "pick-me-up". Is there any mulled cider left??
Oh, I love Mandarin oranges too.

Mulled cider it is!

Edwina's Secretary, maybe Eddie has met my Luke. He snores too! Loud!:D

gini
10-27-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

AHAHAHAHAH
OOOOOOHHHHH,
EEEEEEEEE.........

Are you S U R E it is Eddie??

gini
10-27-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces

Gini I've just been serving apple cider. Any ideas?

:D

Gosh, it is so hot here now, that mulled cider doesn't sound too good. But let me think on it.

RICHARD
10-27-2003, 07:05 PM
A suggestion for the DOTD...

Black Devil Cocktail

2 oz. Rum, 1/2 oz. Dry Vermouth

Shake with ice, Strain into a chilled cocktail glass, Garnish with a Black Olive

robinh
10-27-2003, 08:03 PM
Wow, I go to California for a few days and you guys open the Thursday bar on Monday!

I'll go with a glass of OJ with a dash of Club Soda too. Suffering from jet lag from my trip. It only took me 27+ hours to get home by plane. Took 6 hours to get out of Orange County/John Wayne airport and we almost missed our flight. They cancelled it once only to call final boarding call. Made it to Phoenix by the skin of our teeth. Had to spend the night there (with no luggage) and finally got home this afternoon.

What a nightmare you folks have in California. We stayed with my sister in Orange and there is ash and smoke everywhere. It frightens me that there are so many people in danger!

Please join me in raising your glass to those folks who are trying desperately to stop the fire from spreading. I also ask that you join me in a prayer for those who have lost everything and for those who have lost this fight by losing their lives - due to the stupidity of another arsonist!

That makes me sooooo MAD! :mad:

Corinna
10-27-2003, 09:54 PM
I'll take a hot cider as our little goblins will be in the SNOW. Thats my scary story for this week. We must all be really pithic opening the bar on Monday. The snow is supposed to start on wed. afternoon. the high temps are supposed to be a whopping 15 then.. I'm not ready for the winter yet. It was 70 on Sunday. Mother nature must be going though menopuse too.

stacwase
10-27-2003, 09:59 PM
ooooooo - spooooooooooky! Got me in the Halloween spirit!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-28-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Garnish with a Black Olive I'd like just the black olive; a whole mess of them in fact. Don't know how they will tast with cider though.

Thoughts and prayers for everyone in California. Those fires are more frightening than any ghost story. :eek:

RICHARD
10-28-2003, 11:56 AM
I'd like just the black olive; a whole mess of them in fact. Don't know how they will tast with cider though.

Thoughts and prayers for everyone in California. Those fires are more frightening than any ghost story. :eek:

Moff,
thanks for the thoughts......You would not believe the TV, Newspaper coverage.....I think we have lost over 1,000 home so far....Donuts????
We may put you to work for our breakfast detail!!
Bear Claws!!!!! ummmmmmm!
Olives for you!! DONE!

Corrina,

Trade you a cider for some cold weather???
Done!

Robin,

OJ w/soda......for a while OJ was a bad word out here, :eek: Hope you enjoyed your visit, come back when we are in better shape!!!!

Done!

A toast to everyone even remotely dealing with the fires out here!!!!

Edwina's Secretary
10-28-2003, 12:03 PM
Eddie is determined to get me in the Halloween mood! I reached under my desk to change the diskette in my drive and felt something furry instead! Eddie's tail. Sigh.....

slick
10-28-2003, 12:33 PM
Ok so here's the thing. Every year I bring in tons of halloween candy for the pigs, ooops, I mean people at work. This year I only spent $40 on candy and brought it in this morning (1 1/2 hrs ago.) It's 1/4 gone already!!!! Sheesh.

MOFF: I'll take a hot cider and will join you in demolishing those olives.:) :)

Corinna: you're getting snow??? Hope we don't live close-by.

gini
10-28-2003, 12:57 PM
Each year I try to buy "good" candy for the kids. Well, I confess, it is usually stuff I love - like mini Babe Ruth's, M&Ms with peanuts, Snickers bars...........

When the kids (that I have never seen before in my life) show up at my door and realize I am giving away something good - they go around the corner - regroup - and come back for seconds.

Like I would not recognize the costumes. Nice try though:rolleyes:

Olives - any kind - black, green, Greek, bring them on - I will fight you for them.

It's too early to think about a drink!

catland
10-28-2003, 01:05 PM
I'm in "below the radar mode" here at work. This really cuts into my PT time. The company owner is not in the best of moods and the morale is getting ugly. I've taken a temporary pay cut (right after I buy a car - yikes). Richard - a DOTD please.

RICHARD
10-28-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by gini
Each year I try to buy "good" candy for the kids. Well, I confess, it is usually stuff I love - like mini Babe Ruth's, M&Ms with peanuts, Snickers bars...........

When the kids (that I have never seen before in my life) show up at my door and realize I am giving away something good - they go around the corner - regroup - and come back for seconds.

Guilty as charged!!

Slick,
I get the "are you bringing in something???? could you get the Lady Godiva milk chocolate individually wrapped bite sized candy?"

I don't think so.....

Cider for you! Olives for Gini!

DONE!

Catland,

I know the feeling- I had just bought my first truck and we went on strike....it took me a year to get back on track......sheesh

Double for you!!

DONE!

Randi
10-28-2003, 03:06 PM
Here's a shorter ghost story:

THE VISITOR
By Pamela Morrey

Amanda and David Trenby and their three children Marc, Emma and Penny had recently moved into a Victorian five bedroom cottage in the village of Oakley, North West of Oxford. David had recently taken up a partnership with a firm of solicitors in Oxford and this had initiated their move.

After the family had left for work and school Amanda decided to unpack the two remaining crates of crockery. Perhaps it would take her mind off the strange feeling of not being welcome in her new house. How could she possibly explain to the family how she felt? When they had all settled in so well.

She was awakened from her thoughts by a loud knock on the door. Leaving the unpacking, she answered the door to a young lady attired in old-fashioned dress. Young people these days do wear odd clothes, must be a neighbour calling to introduce herself; she thought. Without a second thought she had invited the visitor in – showing her into the lounge.

Amanda had a strange feeling that she was somewhat not in control of the situation. She was so eager to impart to the visitor intimate details and aspirations for the future – something she was not in the habit of doing. Eventually the young lady stood up and thanked Amanda for her hospitality and left.

The strangest thing was that Amanda no longer felt that the house rejected her, she had a feeling of being more than welcome which seemed to overwhelm her. What did perplex her, was how readily she had been to invite the visitor in, and her eagerness to talk about her family. But most of all, not once did she have any desire to question or to know the visitors name.

Life in the Trenby household settled down to normality, occasionally Amanda would think of the visitor, but then she would quickly dismiss it from her thoughts. A few weeks later David decided he would store a few unwanted possessions in the attic. Amanda and the children joined him and very soon they had found an old chest which contained a diary and photograph album. The album contained photographs of a young lady with a handsome young man; she was the girl who had visited Amanda a few weeks earlier. Amanda then decided to tell the family of the visit and how she had reacted to this strange visitor.

Upon reading the diary a very sad story emerged. The young lady was named Charlotte Ramsey, she had married Robert Ramsey in 1923 and had moved into the cottage with high hopes of having a family and sharing many years together. It was not to be, six months later Robert died of pneumonia - here the diary ended. Amanda had to know what had happened to Charlotte. On looking through church records she had found that Charlotte had died six months later, without child, from a broken heart.

Further enquiries revealed that the house had changed hands many times and that all previous owners had been childless. Amanda now knew why Charlotte had visited her, the house was now a home for a family with children which sadly was never to be for Charlotte and Robert. Thirty years had passed since the visit of Charlotte. There had been much laughter and a few tears over the years, but always Charlotte and Robert remained part of the family.

The End

momoffuzzyfaces
10-28-2003, 04:33 PM
Randi, I like this story much better. I read the other one but Dickens tends to be a little 'wordy' sometimes and I get lost.

This story reminds me of the tale (and even a song) about a young man who picks up a girl at a party, loans her his sweater and gives her a lift home. When he goes back to get his sweather, her father/mother says she's been dead for a year that very night. When he gets to the cemetery, there is his sweater, on her grave.:eek:

Corinna
10-28-2003, 05:03 PM
Richard I would love to send you a week or two of our weather. We still need it here we have them still going in the area . all three still have some hot areas.
I'll sent you the left over hot dogs from our fire.heehee.
Seriously please do cover your face and the animals that go out side we have a lot of people whom are now asthmatic. The air got toxic where I worked this summer. Prayers to you.
I 'm in montana northwestern area down from Alberta.

Cincy'sMom
10-28-2003, 06:19 PM
Yeah ghost stories!!! I'd like a hot cider and to hear some more!!!

RICHARD
10-28-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Yeah ghost stories!!! I'd like a hot cider and to hear some more!!!

Corrina,

One week should do it!!

DONE????;)

CM

Hot cider......

Done!

stories anyone??

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-28-2003, 10:06 PM
Wow, what great stories! Terry's out of town and I'm sitting here alone except for Peanut on the back of the couch, surprisingly Tubby is nowhere in site. Hmmm....wonder where he's off to. Maybe there's a ghost in the basement that he's keeping an eye on....I do here noises down there now and then that are unexplainable because no one is down there...and he does come up from the basement with spider webs on his whiskers now and then....and he really seems to be spending a lot of time down there lately... Hmmmm....wait! What was that?!!? Well, I can tell you I'm not going down to the basement to find out what it was! I've seen enough scarey movies to know better than that! I'll just have to trust that he knows what he's doing and he'll either be up when the ghost decides to be friendly or he has vanquished it from the house......right Tubby!?!?!? :eek: :eek: Richard, I think I might need one of those DOTD's here to calm my nerves now. ;) :D

Actually, I've always thought it would be cool to meet up with a ghost like in Randi's second story. To know that they feel comfortable enought to show themselves to you would be kinda cool.....I think....:eek: :eek: Or to have an experience like MOFF. Where you think something odd is going on, but you can't quite put your finger on what, then find out later it's a ghost. Oooohh, gives me the chills just thinking about it. :D

catland
10-29-2003, 11:22 AM
The company big-wigs are offsite right now so it's safe for me to sneak into the bar. Richard, a DOTD please?

Also, this Friday my company is having a bowling/halloween party. My team is the Night of the Living Dead Office Space Zombies. I'm going as the Jennifer Aniston character from the movie Office Space- I've got all the pieces except for the rest of my flair.

slick
10-29-2003, 11:35 AM
We are having our party tomorrow, Thursday. The theme is The Village People meet the Spice Girls. I'm going as the lovechild of Baby Spice and the Construction Worker. I'm also making the litterbox cake to bring along. That'll separate the men from the boys....

Catland any chance of pictures later?? I'll take another hot cider please. The nights are dipping down to 2 degrees for the next few days with a high of about 7. Not bad for this time of year. Halloween night will be crisp and cool, but no rain. Yeah!!

RICHARD
10-29-2003, 11:38 AM
T&P

DONE!

catland,

I have your coordinates.....

DONE!

Slick,

Cider for you!
DONE!

Right now i'm dressed as a pissed off office worker...

WHOA,
That's no costume!!;)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-29-2003, 11:42 AM
Here's a TRUE eerie fact for you:
Bela Lagosi, the vampire from the 1931 movie Daracula, is buried in his cape from that movie ... ooooooooo.... ooooooooooooo... I vant to drink your blood, blah, blah.....ooooooo...:eek:

gini
10-29-2003, 12:05 PM
Here's a TRUE eerie fact for you:
Bela Lagosi, the vampire from the 1931 movie Daracula, is buried in his cape from that movie ... ooooooooo.... ooooooooooooo... I vant to drink your blood, blah, blah.....ooooooo...:eek:

And the coffin lid keeps rattling.......oooooooooo!!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-29-2003, 12:20 PM
And the coffin lid keeps rattling.......oooooooooo!!
:eek:
Does anyone have a wooden steak er stake?:D

slick
10-29-2003, 12:47 PM
Isn't garlic supposed to keep the vampires away???

OOOO speaking about garlic, any of those huge garlic stuffed olives left??

gini
10-29-2003, 12:53 PM

OOOO speaking about garlic, any of those huge garlic stuffed olives left??

Not only will those keep the vampires away - they will keep EVERYONE away:D :D

catland
10-29-2003, 12:56 PM
Did anyone bring their DVD or VCR? We can have a scary movie film festival.

I kick it off with Aliens.

Richard - do we have popcorn?

slick
10-29-2003, 12:58 PM
Is it any wonder I'm still single :D :D :D I love garlic and onions in EVERYTHING......

Catland: how about some cheese popcorn??? MMMMM

RICHARD
10-29-2003, 01:00 PM
aliens and popcorn....

DONE...

what about the "tingler"??????

LOVED THAT MOVIE!!

gini
10-29-2003, 01:18 PM
http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/

Ooooh, will this site keep you busy. You can even research haunting sites near you! Have a ghoulish time here.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-29-2003, 01:35 PM
I like old movies like 'the Blob' and 'War of the Worlds'.:D

slick
10-29-2003, 01:35 PM
http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/

Ooooh, will this site keep you busy. You can even research haunting sites near you! Have a ghoulish time here.

Thanks for the link Gini. Work???? What's that???? Go away, I'm busy reading ghost stories.:D

As for movies I'm partial to the Apes ones. Planet of the Apes, Beneath the Planet of the Apes and all the sequels.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-29-2003, 01:43 PM
Isn't garlic supposed to keep the vampires away???

Mmmmmm....garlic and steaks, yummy! Good thing I just got back from lunch. :D Off to check out the scarey site posted by Gini!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-29-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Off to check out the scarey site posted by Gini!

OMG!!! Bring me back to reality!!! I've only read two stories and I've totally creeped myself out! I got chills and everything reading these. Please phone, ring, make me work so I can't read anymore of these! It's a real good thing I'm at work and now at home, all alone, at night......<shiver>

slick
10-29-2003, 02:25 PM
Mmmmmm....garlic and steaks, yummy! Good thing I just got back from lunch. :D Off to check out the scarey site posted by Gini!
Lunch time here now. Would love some steak, but all I got is a healthy salad and fruit. Yuck!! Guess I'll have to use visualization. The tomato is really a sauteed mushroom.....

Corinna
10-29-2003, 02:40 PM
I just got a Bela Lugosi movie I hadn,t seen Clayton moore(the lone ranger) and he are plastic surgons for the nazis. It's called Black Dragons. Think my 22 year old daughter and I will curl up with a tub of death by choclote Ice cream and cokes on friday . Both unempolyed right now, need the bonding thing .

catland
10-29-2003, 03:06 PM

what about the "tingler"??????

LOVED THAT MOVIE!!

Not familiar with that one. I wanted to do a google search but was afraid of what I might find.:eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-29-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by catland
Not familiar with that one. I wanted to do a google search but was afraid of what I might find.:eek:

:D :D

Good thinking. I would have went ahead and did it, only to be surprised at what I found - at least you thought ahead of time....;) :D

tatsxxx11
10-29-2003, 03:20 PM
Great ghoulish minds think alike!:D Randi, I was going to post the story THE VISITOR then saw you already had!:) Gini, I spent hours on that Shadowlands site yesterday! :eek: Did you see all the links to the Bell Witch? It's the real life ghost story that the Blair Witch Project was based on! One of my favorite classic horror stories is the Tell Tale Heart by Poe. That one gives me nightmares! Anyone else have any "real life" ghost stories to share??

Here's the story of the Bell Witch!

The Bell Witch Haunting is the worlds largest most unexplained phenomena. Unlike any other haunting, the legacy of the Bell Witch has never changed. It is backed by unending amounts of evidence making it one of the worlds greatest legends.

This is not your "Blair Witch" as so many misunderstand. As a matter of fact, the Bell "Witch" was not a witch at all. In the early 1800's, the Bell family moved to Tennessee from North Carolina and settled on a large acre farm located next to the Red River in what is now the sleepy little town of Adams, Tennessee in Robertson County. One day as John Bell went to check on his crops, he noticed an unusual creature sitting between two corn rows. When Bell shot at the animal..it vanished. Soon after, the family began to experience unusual sounds and knockings around their home. The children's covers where pulled from their beds and funiture would mysteriously knock over.

The oldest daughter, Betsy Bell, seemed to be the target of the spirits dislike. She was beaten, slapped, pinched and constantly assaulted by the unseen force. John Bell shared his part of the unfair deal as the force plagued him with an unknown sickness causeing his tounge and throat to swell to the point were eating and talking were impossible. The force continued to harry the family to the point that finally John Bell confided in a trustworthy friend to try to figure out the means of the being. Nothing ever became of his explanations and soon others were summoned to the home to marvel at the events.

The spirit soon gained a voice, starting as only answering questions with knocks or whistles. The whistles turned to whispers and then a loud, clear female voice. When the spirit was asked of her origin, she would state an answer, only for it to turn out as a prank. The only final answer she ever gave was that she was a "Witch" of a local rather eccerate woman by the name of Kate Batts, whom most in the community found rather unpleasant. Therefore the Bell Spirit earned the nicknames "Bell Witch" or "Ol' Kate". She stated her only reason for plaguing the family was to kill John Bell...for reasons unknown and also to see that Betsy does not marry her love, Joshua Gardner.

The haunting continued for years and the home was filled with loud noises and cackles. The "witch" would occasionally sing gospel hymns and preach the scriptures of the Bible and even pray and cry to God as if she were a lost soul. She could even read minds, travel to anywhere in the world to relay events, and even predict future events. Kate never made herself visible but did, however, allow few others to shake her hand. Most explained the "hand" they felt was soft like velvet and very small, but sadly enough it was strong enough to fight off the strongest man around and crimson poor Betsy Bell's cheeks.

The witch remained with the family until she successfully murdered John Bell by posioning him, and saw to it that Betsy broke off her engagement to her love. The witch then left the household declaring she would be back in 7 years, and as declared, she returned to predict future events to John Bell's oldest son...all which have occured, such as the Civil War, The Great Depression, WWI and WWII. All recorded documents that the Bells took of Kate's predictions are pure evidence that the haunting was very real and very horrifying.

Kate left again to say she would return in 107 years (1935), but noone has made it known if she ever did return. Now, in present day Adams along the Red River where part of John Bell's homestead once stood...resides a cave were at one time the Bell children used to play. It was also used as the family's storage cellar for food because the year round temperature remains at 57 degrees. Many of the witch's events with the children occured in the cave. Most believe Ol' Kate still resides in the cave. Odd photos have been taken in and around it, unusual sounds have been heard in it and on occassion beautiful singing has been heard coming from the mouth of the cave. The Kirby family whom own the cave give tours to any thrill seeker willing to go into the cave. The Bell Witch Haunting was true and terrifying. Maybe you should go feel the chill up your spine for yourself.

tomkatzid
10-29-2003, 03:25 PM
Hope this isn't too scary for you all. I watched a show last night on urban legends, this is the story. It stuck with me all day today, seeing it was very scary. But they said it's just a 'story', a legend, not true.

A teenager is driving his girlfriend home from a date. The boy had been playing around earlier about the car running out of gas as a means to make out with her. Well, it doesn't work and she's mad. He starts up the car to take her home, apologizing all the way, when lo and behold they actually do run out of gas. He pulls the car over by some trees. It's very late and the area is secluded and wooded. The boy tells his girlfriend that he saw a gas station a couple of miles back and since going ahead would take even longer, he tells her to stay in the car with the windows rolled up and locked and he'll get back as fast as he can, no sense in both of them going, right?

Well, the girl waits in the car. It's been about 20 minutes when she hears a faint scratching noise. It starts to bother her, but she blows it off as the tree branches hitting the car, it had been windy that day, She decides to turn on the radio to listen to some music so it won't freak her out. Well, now it's been almost 2 hours and she's starting to get worried. Her boyfriend was a jock and could have easily made it there and back in under an hour. A half hour later she's very worried and decides to turn off the radio and look around. He had told her not to get out under any circumstances so she tries to peer out the window, she sees nothing. To her annoyment the scratching sound is still there. She decides that she will get out just long enough to break off that damn branch. She gets out and notices the gas can on the ground near the door. She immediately turns around and sees her boyfriend hanging upside down from the tree, throat slit, and his fingernails dragging across the top of the car making a scratching sound. Of course, had she been listening to talk radio instead of music, she would have known a maniac had escaped from the asylum near the woods where they were parked.

Katz

momoffuzzyfaces
10-29-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Maybe you should go feel the chill up your spine for yourself. [/B] I just did!!!!!!
Katz, I've heard a urban legend similar to yours only the one I heard had the couple parked and making out. When they heard the scratching, the got scared and left. When they got to the filling station they heard of an excaped convict with a hook instead of one hand. When they opened the door on the passenger's side, a hook dropped to the ground. It had been stuck in the door on that side. He had been trying to pry the door open.:eek:

Cincy'sMom
10-29-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by tomkatzid
Hope this isn't too scary for you all. I watched a show last night on urban legends, this is the story. It stuck with me all day today, seeing it was very scary. But they said it's just a 'story', a legend, not true.

A teenager is driving his girlfriend home from a date. The boy had been playing around earlier about the car running out of gas as a means to make out with her. Well, it doesn't work and she's mad. He starts up the car to take her home, apologizing all the way, when lo and behold they actually do run out of gas. He pulls the car over by some trees. It's very late and the area is secluded and wooded. The boy tells his girlfriend that he saw a gas station a couple of miles back and since going ahead would take even longer, he tells her to stay in the car with the windows rolled up and locked and he'll get back as fast as he can, no sense in both of them going, right?

Well, the girl waits in the car. It's been about 20 minutes when she hears a faint scratching noise. It starts to bother her, but she blows it off as the tree branches hitting the car, it had been windy that day, She decides to turn on the radio to listen to some music so it won't freak her out. Well, now it's been almost 2 hours and she's starting to get worried. Her boyfriend was a jock and could have easily made it there and back in under an hour. A half hour later she's very worried and decides to turn off the radio and look around. He had told her not to get out under any circumstances so she tries to peer out the window, she sees nothing. To her annoyment the scratching sound is still there. She decides that she will get out just long enough to break off that damn branch. She gets out and notices the gas can on the ground near the door. She immediately turns around and sees her boyfriend hanging upside down from the tree, throat slit, and his fingernails dragging across the top of the car making a scratching sound. Of course, had she been listening to talk radio instead of music, she would have known a maniac had escaped from the asylum near the woods where they were parked.

Katz

I actually have heard this one and many varieies of it before...I think it may have even been in the movie Urban Legend. Still creepy though...

I have tried looking through my haunted house spcritps to share something I have wriotten or helped write, but without the dark basement and jump scare at the end, they just aren't as good. I guess for now I'll sit back, enjoy the ghost stories and browse for ideas for next year's haunted house :)

We did write a "twisted nursery rhyme" at work...

Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water
Jill came back with Jack in her sack
And laughed as his head rolled after....

RICHARD
10-29-2003, 05:10 PM

LOLOLOL!!

the movie 'the tingler' was a Vincent Price classic.

He finds the 'tingler' is a monster that shows up on your spine when you get scared......the problem is to get a tingler you have to scare a person and cut it from their spine.......

at the end of the movie VP looks into the camera and yells something like..

scream the tingler is loose in the theater!!!

well, they had the seats wired to shock the patrons......try THAT today!!

Ummmmm, I did not do a google or anything like that, but I was surprised when I DID look......that was a different kind of scream.......

catland
10-29-2003, 05:26 PM
LOLOLOL!!

the movie 'the tingler' was a Vincent Price classic.

I can hear the voices of our younger members saying "Vincent who?" - or the voices of the slightly older saying "wasn't he that guy who did the narration in Michael Jackson's Thriller video"

VP was the man. He really did know how to be creepy.:)

tatsxxx11
10-29-2003, 05:37 PM
One of my all time favorite VP movies was the original House on Haunted Hill As a kid, that scared me to death. Anyone remember Chiller Theatre?? I loved watching that on Saturday nights!! You rarely see the classic horror tales on TV anymore. Some of my favorites are

Rosemary's Baby-The Best!!

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (the original with Kevin McCarthy was the best, with great social implications and the re-make with Donald Sutherland was really good too)

The Haunting with Julie Harris...The BEST ghost movie ever!

slick
10-29-2003, 06:01 PM
Ahhh, nothing like a Vincent Price b/w movie. Got to be the best.

Not sure if it's VP but I loved "The Birds". And I think there was another movie about swarms of bees??? Curl up in your pj's with popcorn and I'm set for the night.

I have the "Psycho" series on VHS.

"Would you like some k-k-k-k-kutlery with that sandwich?"

Things are getting really busy here with testing conversion data. Any chance of getting an OJ and soda????

RICHARD
10-29-2003, 06:30 PM

Things are getting really busy here with testing conversion data. Any chance of getting an OJ and soda????

Data conversion..NOW THAT'S SCARY....

OJ-WITH OR WITHOUT GLOVES? and a soda.....

lolololololololol.............

I kill myself...

slick
10-29-2003, 06:42 PM
Data conversion..NOW THAT'S SCARY....

OJ-WITH OR WITHOUT GLOVES? and a soda.....

lolololololololol.............

I kill myself...

LOL!!
I'll take it with the gloves but without the blood and the Ford Bronco......

You kill me too :D :D :D RIP!!

wolflady
10-29-2003, 06:50 PM

LOL LOL So true. I guess I won't be having any vampire visitors here in Gilroy, the garlic capitol!! :rolleyes:

Happy Howl-o-ween everyone! I just love ghost stories. Serve me up some mulled wine, Richard! It's just as good as cider, but with a kick! I brought along a litterbox cake for everyone to enjoy! Eat up!!! :D

As far as creepy movies, did you all see What Lies Beneath? Good ghost story with a twist! :eek:

RICHARD
10-29-2003, 07:02 PM
WL,
Mulled wine it is....

Done!

Here's a short ghost story...

I open up my pay envelope and the government makes my money disappear!!!

spooky!!:rolleyes:

amoore
10-30-2003, 06:39 AM
My Daddy was one of the kindest, sweetest, most intelligent men you could ever know. In his younger days he was a ranch foreman ib Texas. Most of his life he was a dairyman in Tennessee. After becoming disabled, he sold the family farm and raised the prettiest, most productive garden that anyone in the suburbs ever saw. He sold some of the extra vegetables and fruit, but gave away far more. He was my best friend, the longest love of my life

His death in 1997, at the age of 80, hurt more than words can express. But at times I feel his presence still, his love and reassurances. His gravestone is decorated with an etching of his old poodle, Danny, and of his tractor.

I took the attatched picture in my garden this Spring.

slick
10-30-2003, 09:52 AM
Amoore, looks like something is really haunting your garden, perhaps Daddy keeping an eye on you??

It's only 7:53am here and it's a Thursday, getting an early start. Can I have a Spanish Coffee to start things off?? Halloweenie day at work today so won't get much work done. Good!! Leaves for time for PT :D :D Better get ready for work. Talk to you later.

amoore
10-30-2003, 10:39 AM
yes i feel my father still watches out after me . he was such avid gardener . he was always ready with advice .

wolflady
10-30-2003, 11:35 AM
LOL LOL Isn't THAT the truth!

WL,
Mulled wine it is....

Done!

Here's a short ghost story...

I open up my pay envelope and the government makes my money disappear!!!

spooky!!:rolleyes:

Amoore, what a neat picture! I can guarantee that your dad is a guardian angel looking over you:)

Another quick scary story.... I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Scared you, didn't I? LOL LOL :p

Actually, here is a story about something that happened to me when I was home from college one time. Let me first start off by saying that I am the type of person who has an overactive imagination, so I really scare easily.

It was summertime, so I was home from college. My parents have quite a large home, and they also had 3 different phone lines going into the house at the time. My oldest sister's room in the basement had a phone line, we had our regular phone line, then my dad had a business phone line upstairs where there are 3 bedrooms and a bathroom; one of which was my room. Anyway, I was sleeping and was awakened by the phone ringing. I had been talking on my parent's bedroom cordless before I went to bed, so I still had it in my room. I picked up the phone and this guy said Hello. It sounded like one of my other sister's boyfriends. Again, since I was groggy I didn't even consider that it was 3am! I just said, I'm sorry, Laura's not here right now, and he preceeded to say that he called to talk to me. I thought that was wierd, and then he started asking me all these nasty questions and all. By this time, I was wide awake and I asked where he was calling from. He said "really close". Of course at this point, I freaked out and hung up the phone. All I could think about was that urban legend where the guy calls the babysitter from a phone inside the house! :eek: Really close could have meant right across the hall from me on that phone line, or from the basement in my mind. :eek: I started to panic and I blocked my bedroom door with a chair and I fumbled around the room looking for weapons just in case I needed them. I didn't find much but some black cat firecrackers. I didn't sleep the rest of the night. By early morning, I krept out of my bedroom and went downstairs into the basement to watch TV (so I wouldn't wake my parents on the main floor by the family room TV, since their bedroom was on the main floor of the house). Our basement has a walkout sliding glass door, which when I checked....was unlocked!! :eek: :eek: Could someone have come in and called our number? Most likely not, but it's creepy all the same! :p

RICHARD
10-30-2003, 11:52 AM
Amoore, looks like something is really haunting your garden, perhaps Daddy keeping an eye on you??

It's only 7:53am here and it's a Thursday, getting an early start. Can I have a Spanish Coffee to start things off?? Halloweenie day at work today so won't get much work done. Good!! Leaves for time for PT :D :D Better get ready for work. Talk to you later.

Un cafe espanol!

Hecho!

(one spanish coffee! Done!)

luckies4me
10-30-2003, 12:10 PM
WOW, ghost stories, ok? Well since I have been plagued by ghosts all my life here are a few of my real stories. Ones that have happened to my family or myself.

Well the freakiest one was when I was little, have no clue what age I was but I remember it very well. Maybe I was around 3 or so? We had a big house, two stories. For some strange reason my father, mother, brother and I all slept in the same room. We had three beds, ya I know, we were weird. One was for my older brother, one for my dad and one for my mom and I. We had a poltergeist, who and I know all of you will think I am crazy but I really don't give a damn, my dad started floating above his bed. And YES I AM serious. That is all I remember, was him floating. Before we were born my mom would always hear footsteps and the door to the stairs open and close, but each time she looked nothing was there. Well we lost the house, and my parents divorced. The place was torn down due to hauntings. Nothing has been buildt there since. Why my parents slept in seperate beds I do not recall.........possibly they couldn't afford a bigger bed, which I think might have been it as I recall yet another weird thing my mother telling me, that they rented a bed and it was haunted. My parents didn't have much money when they got married so they didn't have a bed and had to rent one. My mom said that during the night she could feel people under the bed pushing her, like they didn't want her in the bed. Of course, they got rid of that thing pretty quick.

I'll continue in another post...........

amoore
10-30-2003, 12:12 PM
wow! wolflady: that would have freeked me out ! that was a good spookey holloween story !
richard or slick: spanish coffee sounds good ! what is your recipe for spanish coffee ?:)
luckies4me : that was a scarry one :eek:

luckies4me
10-30-2003, 12:24 PM
Ok here are the rest.

We used to live right across the street from the Disneyland Hotel, in some crappy gang infested apartments. Anyways, we had the last apartment that faced the street. One day out of nowhere, our sliding glass door shattered while we were all sitting at the table (right next to the door) eating breakfast. Nothing hit it, it just broke and shattered in towards us. Ghost? I have no idea what it was to tell you the truth but it scared the hell out of us!

When we lived in Anaheim on Rome street, we lived in a house that a man died in. His name was John, and he died from a heart attack I think. He built the house. His son, John the second, was our landlord. John, the dead one, didn't like kids too much so they said. He used to always sit in one place towards the front door, with his wheelchair and watch tv. That was his place to sit in the house. Well when we moved in we also put our tv there, in the same place, and every time you sat there you would feel breath on you, or it would get really cold. Well we moved the tv. Now this is the freaky thing. My sister was very young at the time, maybe around 4 or 5. She would sit in the back room playing barbies like most young girls. Well one day I went to walk into the room but stopped at the door when I heard her having a conversation with someone, only someone wasn't there. Yes kids do talk to imaginary people, but if you heard her, she was actually talking to someone. I listened for a few minutes trying to understand what she was saying...........oooh hands getting achy.......when I asked her who she was talking to. As soon as I asked her this the window in front os her shattered, and she replied, "I am talking to John, and he doesn't want us here". Nice eh? That guy was an a$$, even if he was dead. He used to turn off the lights on me while I was showering at night, and turn off and on my radio. We didn't let him bug us and eventually he stopped. :rolleyes: Even though he was dead, he was still a jerk. His family seemed to think it was pretty funny though.

catland
10-30-2003, 12:25 PM
here's a ghost story, and its even pet related.

Some years ago, my parents Sheltie passed away. They have a tiny patch of a back yard but were able to find a spot to bury him. A few months later we had an ice storm and freezing rain. They live on the east side of town, which gets pretty windy in the winter from the winds that come down through the Columbia Gorge.

Anyway, with the freezing rain blowing sideways it looked pretty cool all frozen to the side of their house. My mom or dad (I don't remember which one) took a picture of it.

Later, when they had the film developed, there was what looked like the outline of their dog on the side of their house. I'm not kidding, its really wierd. I've seen the picture myself. I realize its kind of like seeing Jesus in a potato, but its still a very strange coincidence.

Spanish coffees sound great - its supposed to get down to freezing tonight.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-30-2003, 12:37 PM
Can I have a big cherry limeade? It's a warm windy day here and my sinus's are going nuts!

The Turner Classic Movie channel has been having some of the old b&w movies this week. Wolf man with Lon Chaney Jr. was on last night. I think Halloween night they are showing Frankenstein, The Bride of Frankenstein, and The Son of Frankenstein, all without commerials!

RICHARD
10-30-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by amoore
wow! wolflady: that would have freeked me out ! that was a good spookey holloween story !
richard or slick: spanish coffee sounds good ! what is your recipe for spanish coffee ?:)

Spanish Coffee

1/2 oz. Tia Maria, 1/2 oz. Rum, Coffee, Whipped Cream

Build in Coffee mug, Top with Whipped cream, Garnish with a Cherry

L4M,

I was in anaheim last friday....I have a friend that lives on Ball Road w/i walking distance of Dizzyland.....It was so foggy that night it was really scary!!!

Is the Jesus Potato fried or baked??
That means alot........cholesterol and such...

Amoore and Catland...

Spanish coffee,

DONE!
;)

luckies4me
10-30-2003, 12:39 PM
Ok just two more. This one I have photos for too, if anyone wants to see? :D

After my parents divorced we would go visit my dad. He lived in Van Nyes (sp?) in a small apartment with his two kitties and Appelina the ORIGINAL cadburry bunny, not a fake! Anyway, while my brother and I were visiting one weekend we decided to go to the courtyard and mess around with the Polaroid camera. Now, obviously you cannot take four pictures at once with the same camera correct? Like if I clicked it once, only one picture would be taken right? Well my dad clicked it, and it shot out four pictures, all which had weird fluffy ghost like things on them. Hrmm, we thought that was really odd since we had only snapped the button once, but it shot out four pics right after another, so fast there is no way we would have had time to take all of those that fast.

So we went back inside and my brother was looking at the pics, and decided to put them together. They made a puzzle he said, of a ghost. And this is true, I have one of the pics here. The white stuff when you put all four pics together made a square, and on all the pics there were matching pieces which formed a ghost. Also we had all this black stuff oozing out of our mouths, as well as some fire like ghost that resembles Bart Simpson, before they came out though. He had fire like hair, and was hiding behind one of the trees. Every pic you took in that apartment had white specks in it, no matter what camera you used. The cats were always attracted to this light in the kitchen, so I am assuming that is where the ghost liked to be. I will go scan the pic in just a few seconds.......

I was going to tell oh yes, I remember now! When living with my psycho ex in Whittier, they had a three story house. On the top floor there was stairs outside and like a little balcony and stuff with stairs leading to the outside of the second floor as well, then all the way down to the grass on the third floor. Supposedly, this is really sad, :( :( :(, a little girl was playing on the top floor outside and the mother wasn't watching her. :( The little girl slipped and fell through the bottom of the bars that were on the balcony/stairs thing and she fell to the bottom floor. The mom saw her just as she was falling and actually tried to run to the bottom story to catch her, which if course she didn't make it in time. The little girl died, but you can still hear her singing and talking in the house. I would always get a creepy feeling in that house. It's such a sad story, especially that the mom tried to run down the stairs to catch her daughter. :(

momoffuzzyfaces
10-30-2003, 12:39 PM
Richard, we were posting at the same time. I won!!! Can I still have a cherry limeade? PLEASE?

Last year after I sent my cat Leroy, to the RB, I would feel the bed move like he was jumping on the bed. None of the other cats were in there. I would look, and there would be no cat, but I sure felt one jump up there.:D:eek:

luckies4me
10-30-2003, 12:45 PM

L4M,

I was in anaheim last friday....I have a friend that lives on Ball Road w/i walking distance of Dizzyland.....It was so foggy that night it was really scary!!!

Yes I lived on Ball I think, by Jeffery street. It's a very gang oriented area. Now though I think it has cleaned up dramatically with Disneyland expanding and the new California Adventure as well as the walk. I always tell people that if they want to visit the Hotel to never park on that street, or you will be missing your car. I lived there many years ago and haven't been in that exact area for awhile now, so it could be very different now.

RICHARD
10-30-2003, 12:49 PM
Richard, we were posting at the same time. I won!!! Can I still have a cherry limeade? PLEASE?

Last year after I sent my cat Leroy, to the RB, I would feel the bed move like he was jumping on the bed. None of the other cats were in there. I would look, and there would be no cat, but I sure felt on jump up there.:D:eek:

Cherry Limeade!!

Done!!

Yes,
I know that feeling...we think they are at the RB....they still hang around to check up on us.

L4M,

It's a better neighborhood now.

luckies4me
10-30-2003, 12:54 PM
Ok guess it wasn't a polaroid, I have the pics here, more than I thought! YES! lol NO ONE ever belives me, but now I have the pics. I didn't know I had more than one. I am going to scan them now. I don't have all of the four that made the ghost, but I do have two, and then another that shows the fire like Bart Simpson ghost lol. ooh this is freaky looking at these pics. You guy's are going to trip out! :eek: :eek: :eek:

amoore
10-30-2003, 12:54 PM
thanks richard for the recipe , will that go good with cat litter cake ? LOL :D

RICHARD
10-30-2003, 01:03 PM
thanks richard for the recipe , will that go good with cat litter cake ? LOL :D

Yep!
just make sure you brush the crumbs off your shirt....

"have you been eating CAT LITTER????":eek:

Some people DO NOT understand pet talkers!

amoore
10-30-2003, 01:06 PM
LOL , ahh richard now you know my secret of staying skinny !:p

luckies4me
10-30-2003, 01:12 PM
Ok here are the pics. These are really old, taken when I was around 7 or so, so they are not the best quality. I scanned them in Photoshop so take a look. Either way, none of the pics should match up, period. That's just too creepy.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid86/pe32a60be2b1e5f245d1a032760a631d1/fab23efd.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid86/p14c11af5dbab86fd08d20a46e06d9e48/fab23ef8.jpg

Yes that is me sucking on a lollipop. :p
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid86/p492647809252e007f61acb6e2e2b113c/fab23ef4.jpg

I have another GREAT pic here somewhere of the same thing but it shows the face of the firelike creature with his hand around me looking at me behind the tree, kinda reaching for me. It's really scary when I think about it lol.

luckies4me
10-30-2003, 01:17 PM
Anyone know why my pics aren't showing up?:confused:

Logan
10-30-2003, 01:17 PM
I don't do horror films and I don't do ghost stories! :eek: So forgive me if I'm not reading the scary stuff, you guys!!! :)

But Richard, I will take some sort of "wicked witch's brew", you choose! :) Just remember, no brown liquor and no coconut!!! :D

amoore
10-30-2003, 01:21 PM
wow ! spookey pictures ! they are good ones ! i love your storys too . i feel like going to the rescue of those little children ! you were cute !

luckies4me
10-30-2003, 01:28 PM
wow ! spookey pictures ! they are good ones ! i love your storys too . i feel like going to the rescue of those little children ! you were cute !

LOL all the good pics are at my dads and he won't let me take them. I was so skinny and lanky then, had the nicest legs! lol wish I still looked all skinny and tall like I did when I was little. :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-30-2003, 01:39 PM
Mmmm...Spanish coffee sounds yummy! But can you make mine decaf? I don't do caffeine real well. ;) :D But that cherry limeade thing sounds good too! Hmmm...decisions, decisions....

slick
10-30-2003, 01:49 PM
Won't be here much today. Work to do. Have fun and will check back from time to time.

RICHARD
10-30-2003, 01:56 PM
Mmmm...Spanish coffee sounds yummy! But can you make mine decaf? I don't do caffeine real well. ;) :D But that cherry limeade thing sounds good too! Hmmm...decisions, decisions....

NO DECISIONS HERE...

Decaf Spanish coffee first, when you finish that you can have your cherry limeade.....
Sheesh, that what 'cyber bars' are for, overindulgence..

DONE!

Slick,

want one to go??

2kitties
10-30-2003, 01:58 PM
OMG, is this Sonic Cyber Bar?? I'll have a supersize Diet Cherry Limeade please!

RICHARD
10-30-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by 2kitties
OMG, is this Sonic Cyber Bar?? I'll have a supersize Diet Cherry Limeade please!

Actually,

it's whatever you want...

Diet CLA,

Done!

luckies4me
10-30-2003, 02:22 PM
Did anyone else see my pics???

slick
10-30-2003, 03:08 PM
OK, I've got about 10 min before getting back to work.

MY LITTERBOX CAKE WON FIRST PRIZE!!!!

Most of the people loved it except for a few who just don't understand Pet Talkers :mad:

L4M: Those are some scary stories. That one about John gave me shivers. I saw your pics. Great ones.

Let's welcome our newby, Amoore, to the Thursday bar. Nice to have you here. Oooops, sorry, don't mean to offend calling you a newby. I'm sure a Spanish Coffee will go good with the cake.

And don't we have some pillars to celebrate??

catland
10-30-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Did anyone else see my pics???

YES - how very strange!:eek:

luckies4me
10-30-2003, 03:13 PM
YES - how very strange!:eek:

It's weird because it kinda looks like an alien when you look at it lol. Two big eyes and sort of a big grin. hahaha

Well can I have a Mexican Hot Chocolate? perty please!!!

catland
10-30-2003, 03:25 PM
OK, I've got about 10 min before getting back to work.

MY LITTERBOX CAKE WON FIRST PRIZE!!!!

Let's welcome our newby, Amoore, to the Thursday bar. Nice to have you here....
And don't we have some pillars to celebrate??

Congrats on the Cake!

and welcome Amoore - I hope you like it here at Thursdays.

Finally, pillars - I'm not sure but here's what I found out.

Zippy - you are at 4996. Get four more posts girl!
Slleipnir is at 4002!
Ilovemyabbygirl is at 2007.

Congratuations on the milestones everyone - keep on blabbering.

amoore
10-30-2003, 03:29 PM
thanks slick,and catland for the welcome . :D
congratulations slick, for the litterbox cake win ! :D

RICHARD
10-30-2003, 03:48 PM
thanks slick,and catland for the welcome . :D

sorry,

as the bartender I should have said something.....You usually have to dodge the Welcome Wagon...:eek:

L4M,

neat pics, Mex choc!

Done!

Thanks catland, the hostess with the mostess!!!!

ZIPPY,
'I think I can, I think I can'.........You will!!!!!

early congrats!

Slleipnir, 4002!

another "quadripillar"

Ilovemyabbygirl is at 2007.

Bipillar!

good work!

Tax,

Let Me MULL this one over, :rolleyes:

mulled wine!

DONE!

Slick,

I heard some of the losers saying that your cake was a
'bunch of crap'
;)

(I have been saving that line since the cake thread was put up,
thank you for being gracious!)

Logan,

YOU always do this to me....

Mulled wine??

DONE!

zippy-kat
10-30-2003, 04:05 PM
How about a diet vanilla coke and a term paper to go please? Cheesey popcorn would rock, too!

RICHARD
10-30-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
How about a diet vanilla coke and a term paper to go please? Cheesey popcorn would rock, too!

DVC, CHEESEY POPCORN AND A TERM PAPER.....

I want half the grade!;)

DONE!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-30-2003, 04:27 PM
Slick,

I heard some of the losers saying that your cake was a
'bunch of crap'
;)

GROAN! But good one, Richard. :D

Congrats Slick! It really is a cute and fantastic idea whoever came up with it, and for those who don't understand well all I can say is get over it. :rolleyes:

Welcome Amoore! L4me, you should submit those stories and pics to that website I think it was Gini posted. They would fit right in! Good luck Zippy - term papers, eeeeewwwww. Cheesey popcorn - yummy! :D

that what 'cyber bars' are for, overindulgence..
Oh goody, then I'll have another of each. They're both yummy! :D

And congrats to all the pillars!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-30-2003, 04:40 PM
I just noticed amoore has hit the big 100! CONGRATULATIONS!!! The first 100 are the hardest.
I want some cheese popcorn too!!! Please?

slick
10-30-2003, 04:48 PM
Slick, I heard some of the losers saying that your cake was a
'bunch of crap';)
Hey I "turd" that one before. I should have known you'd throw one in there. Never miss an opportunity do ya?? Well, at least I wore underwear :D :D
I just went down to the boardroom to see what was left and it's half gone, much to my surprise. Here's the rest of it. Eat up guys.

May I please have a DOTD???? I still have 3 hrs to go.

Here's a toast to all the pillars in the neighbourhood.

slick
10-30-2003, 04:57 PM
Just got this in the mail. Happy Halloween carving everyone.

RICHARD
10-30-2003, 05:13 PM
Slick,

lol, thanks for having a sense of humor...

actually, people will run home to tell what a gas that cake was!!

dotd

DONE!

T&P
LOL, you know you come here for the bad jokes!
Cafe and cherry limeade.
DONE!

MOFF,

NO cheese popcorn, ONLY CHEESEY POPCORN
tooth picks at the end of the bar!!!

Done!

Amoore.

Congrats....

I have to card you to buy you a drink, You are on the honor system to tell your real age......a yes or no will do!

congrats!

luckies4me
10-30-2003, 05:17 PM
Ok hrmm, hows about another Mexican Hot chocolate with ship cream this time and a nice big tub of kettle corn!!!!!!! :D

gini
10-30-2003, 05:19 PM
Hey, Richard - you never carded the rest of us:o :o

Slick, T & P, et al, how do WE KNOW Richard is old enough to tend bar??:D

Just taking a work break (darn I missed the "c" cake or is the "t"
cake?

Still working, guess I will stick with a Pepsi and a slice of lime.
(hold the Meyers - until later).

slick
10-30-2003, 05:20 PM
Slick,

lol, thanks for having a sense of humor...

actually, people will run home to tell what a gas that cake was!!
What do ya mean?? There were no beans in the cake.:D

Hey, it's no fun laughing at yourself alone. It's better with people around.:D :D :D

MOFF: have you ever tried cheesey popcorn sprinkled with cajun spice???? MMMMMMMMMMM

wolflady
10-30-2003, 05:32 PM
...Later, when they had the film developed, there was what looked like the outline of their dog on the side of their house...

What a neat story! MOFF, I can guarantee that you are having a ghostly cat visitor too. Our babies still hang around and comfort us when we need it. :) It's a neat thought, isn't it?

Did anyone watch Ghost Cat on Animal Planet? Cute movie!

How could I have forgotten to welcome Amoore! Welcome to Thursday's Bar and Pet Talk! :D

Congrats to all "new" pillars! :D

Slick, congrats on your winning cake! It must have been a scream! LOL ;)

Serve me up another mulled wine, Richard! Pass some of that cheesy popcorn my way!

gini
10-30-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by wolflady

Yes, I was channel surfing and stumbled across it........I got sucked right in and curled up and watched the whole thing. I loved it.

Amoore - didn't mean to neglect you! Welcome to Thursdays!

slick
10-30-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
I can't get the Animal Plant. Was this a movie that was out at the theatres and could I rent it?? It sounds good.

wolflady
10-30-2003, 05:43 PM
Ok, I thought I would share a legend that seems appropriate for a "bar", as the topic is beer....read on!

The ongoing spate of Internet reports of unusual deaths, both real and fictional, might lead some to believe extraordinary modes of demise are a recent phenomenon. Nothing could be further from the truth -- the Grim Reaper has always found incredible methods of ending human life.

One such instance took place in 1814 in London. On October 17 of that year, a rupture in a brewery tank containing 3,500 barrels of beer caused a flood of fatal proportions in the London parish of St. Giles. The wave of beer swept victims off their feet, dashed them against walls, and buried them under debris. Two houses were demolished in the sea of beer suddenly loosed upon town, and nine people lost their lives in the flood of suds.

America endured a comparable disaster in January 1919 when a rupture in a molasses tank unleashed a flood of goo that killed twenty-one Bostonians...

wolflady
10-30-2003, 05:48 PM
I can't get the Animal Plant. Was this a movie that was out at the theatres and could I rent it?? It sounds good.

Unfortunately I think it was a made for Animal Planet movie, but it's supposed to be on again this Saturday. Do you know anyone near you that could perhaps tape it for you?

RICHARD
10-30-2003, 05:52 PM
l4m,

Mex choc and kettle corn,

DONE!

Gini,

causing probs again???

pepsi and lime

DONE!

Slick,
touche'
lol!

Wolflady,

M-wine and CPC!

Thanks for the molasses story, i read about it years ago, what a sweet way yo die!!

DONE!

zippy-kat
10-30-2003, 05:54 PM

There's a (young adult) book called Ghost Cat, though I don't know if the movie was based on it.

amoore
10-30-2003, 05:55 PM
thanks for all the welcomes !
richard : thankyou ! its been awhile since i've been carded .:D

wolflady
10-30-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
There's a (young adult) book called Ghost Cat, though I don't know if the movie was based on it.

LOL LOL Zippy, I have that book! When I saw the previews, I thought it would be the same storyline, but it wasn't. It's a completely new story, but cute all the same:)

slick
10-30-2003, 06:59 PM
Things are pretty quiet here. Guess I'll mosey on home. Another halloweenie come and gone. We've got to come up with a theme for next week's gathering.

Hey don't forget Survivor's on tonight. I like that Rupert. There's just something about him.

mahayana
10-31-2003, 06:00 AM
Hey, where is everybody? The last thing I remember was hearing scary stories and drinking cider. Must have fallen asleep (I was the quiet one in the corner, wearing the armadillo costume). Anyway, thanks everyone for letting me crash your party!

slick
10-31-2003, 09:33 AM
No problem. It was a pleasure having you join us.

and BTW

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

gini
10-31-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by mahayana
Hey, where is everybody? The last thing I remember was hearing scary stories and drinking cider. Must have fallen asleep (I was the quiet one in the corner, wearing the armadillo costume). Anyway, thanks everyone for letting me crash your party!

So THAT's what I tripped over? I had a hard work day and arrived late.

No one crashes our parties - everyone is welcome. We are just glad you found out about Thursdays and came on in.

(will you stay to help clean up?).:D

RICHARD
10-31-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by mahayana

You were asleep...

I vacumned around you and you didn't even flinch.;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Gini,
lol,

we COULD haze the new people by making them help...
:eek:

Naw, that's too easy......we'll make them contribute instead!

Edwina's Secretary
10-31-2003, 11:45 AM
It appears that Gini and I share a taste for Meyer's Rum. My preference is Meyer's and Pineapple juice. Richard, could we have a Meyer's week?

momoffuzzyfaces
10-31-2003, 12:45 PM
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!
wooooo woooooo wooooo

catland
10-31-2003, 01:51 PM
It's so cool. My work bowling team is absoutely amazing. For those of you who have seen the movie Office Space, we include

"Milton" - he has his red stapler and even shaved off his goatee for the part.
"Bill Luhngren" has the blue shirt with the white collar, the tie and suspenders. He got a pair of glasses and a laminated name tag!
"the neighbor" - a normally clean cut guy has a mullet wig (how scary is that!).
TPS Reports - she has post-it notes and TPS report cover sheets stapled to her jacket
"Joanna" that's me. I have my green and white shirt, my suspenders, and exactly 15 pieces of flair.

We look so cool - the people who know the movie absolutely love us! Those that don't keep saying "I have to rent that"

Well, I have to go do real work now. Then its home for the Trick-or-Treaters. We're one of those neat houses that people like to go to. We have fog machines, screaming mats, spiders and snakes, and BIG candy bars!

wolflady
11-01-2003, 04:17 PM
catland, LOL LOL ROTFL!! I love that movie! Cracks me up everytime. What a creative way to organize a group of folks for Halloween. I sure hope you have some pictures for us! ;) LOL

...pst....I believe you have my stapler...