PDA

View Full Version : Moms new place :D

slleipnir
10-26-2003, 11:37 PM
She's finally moved in to her new house :D She's been living in an apt for the longest time. Ever since I can remember. Its only a small one floor place, but its her own. Its nice too, I like it. A little small, but nice. I'll take some pics once she's all settled in :D She was looking for an apt but like NO places that are nice allow pets! So stupid. Anyway. She decided to go for a home, which she is happy now she did. Although I'm really worried about Smitten. Shes been hiding under the bed since she got there Sat. Afternoon. She hasn't eatten or gone to the bathroom! I let her stay in her carrying cage till she was was ready. My mom went out so I stayed with her. I layed down on the bed next to her carry cage. (actually I started to drift off after a while :rolleyes:) So her first night she moved from the cage to under the bed. Not sure if she checked things out. She SUCH a scardy cat! She definitly lives up to the name. I didn't think it was possible for a cat to not be curious and want ot check it out..-sigh- All her stuff is there, so its not totally weird. How long will it take her to be ok again? Is there anything I can/should do to help her? I just pat her (although hard when shes under the bed -_-) and talk to her. I hate so much seeing her distressed :(

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-26-2003, 11:44 PM
Even although Ally is quite outgoing, the first day in our new house she spent hiding behing the washing machine :rolleyes:

It took her a couple of days to relax and settle in. I suppose if your cat is more shy than usual, it may take a bit longer than that! I would assume the best thing would be for the cat to be reassured by your presence - spending time with her as you have already been doing. I'm sure she will settle in - it will just take a bit of time and patience. Good luck!