PDA

View Full Version : steve mc queen????

RICHARD
10-26-2003, 11:33 PM
trick or treat.

Halloween came early today.

Apparently Steve Mc Queen is alive and well.

I was at work when I took a call from my mom about some
visitors who came to the front door.

Not only do cats have a distorted view of time, they can't read a calendar either.

I raced home wanting to meet the star of the "Great Escape".

I have been in the process of making a little sunning box that I was planning on
attaching to the window so Eddie could climb out and watch the world go by.

I pulled the screen off the window to test fit it…no problem..

yeah right….

Since the weather has been so ghastly hot I opened up the window to get a breeze into the house.

I woke up this morning and went to work.

At about 12 my mom calls to tell me that Edward is hanging on to the screen door of at the front of her house. Flanked by two dogs. With a dirty face.

Again, the Great Escape artist managed to get out of the window, met up with the two dogs and romped around in the yard until he had enough and went to find sanctuary with
my mother.

At this moment I am looking at a gray cat (she managed to clean him up with a feather duster before I got home) that has absolutely no intention of telling me what he did during his little soiree…..

Mom has claimed he is a real smart cat., I tend to disagree…..but what do I know??

He is in dire need of a bath, but I was told to 'leave him alone, he's probably stressed out now'….I left him at Mom's house for the rest of the day, sleeping and dreaming of freedom, the fun he had with Magic and Shania…..his dog pals he had only known from
behind the safety of a screen door.

3e4w

He just climbed over the key board and apparently '3e4w '
is all he will say about his adventure.. Eddie is not an outdoor cat…..
but he sure knows where to find safety.

I don't know if he was led to Mom's front door or he had some fun and decided that
he wanted to go and Trick or Treat at my Mom's house

I'm too dumb to figure out his tricks, I'm just here to make sure he gets his treats….

I guess I know who the smart one is in this household..
but is it too late to change Eddie's name to Steve Mc Queen?

shais_mom
10-26-2003, 11:38 PM
OOOHHHHH EDDIE!!!
You need to stay home!!
You apparently have the same wild burr up your a@@ that Kylie does!! She tries to escape when I come in too!
I am glad that you are home safe and sound!! Even tho you are dirty!

krazyaboutkatz
10-26-2003, 11:45 PM
Another great Eddie adventure.:) I'm glad to hear that you're safe and sound even though you're a little dirty.:)

Vio&Juni
10-27-2003, 03:06 AM
Early Halloween!

At least, did he get his treats from your mom, or not?

lynnestankard
10-27-2003, 07:24 AM
Nope...............no pics., of the late lovely Steve McQueen!!

But a wonderful tale of Eddie the BreakOut Kat! Great going Eddie - make sure Daddy gets lots of exercise chasing home from work to check your OK!

It really sounds like Eddie had a fun day - he'll probably sleep for a week now!!

Lynne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-27-2003, 10:10 AM
Oh Eddie! I sure hope Grandma's place wasn't too far away! I'm so glad you knew enough to go there. Now you stay put next time. We like hearing your tails, but we don't need to hear how you've gotten yourself lost!

Whew, glad to hear he's ok. :D

2kitties
10-27-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
I'm just here to make sure he gets his treats….

Well, at least there is no confusion.

kimlovescats
10-27-2003, 11:19 AM
So glad you may home ok, Eddie (aka Steve)!!! PLEASE stay home and be a good boy!!! We love you and don't want you hurt by those big doggies, or cars! ;)

RICHARD
10-27-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Vio&Juni
Early Halloween!

At least, did he get his treats from your mom, or not?

He was treated to sanctuary!!!;)

Mom's house is next door and the dogs are his friends.

I asked my mom what the dogs were doing while Eddie was hanging on the door......they were waiting for her to open the door so THEY could come in.....

They were not rough housing him...as a matter of fact the worst news was that he was not being chased by the dogs......He was the leader of the
pack...
:rolleyes: :eek:

Just my luck, I don't get a follower, I get an instigator.

AmberLee
10-27-2003, 08:08 PM
... Just my luck, I don't get a follower, I get an instigator.

ROTFLOL! I'd've freaked out, too, at the situation, but love the way you worded that! Wonderful word choice!

slick
10-27-2003, 08:14 PM
I woke up this morning and went to work.
You work on a Sunday????? Isn't Sunday the day that men stay home, scratch themselves and cling to the remote watching football??

Seems to me Eddie has been the leader of the pack before....something about you chasing him outside????:D :D Or was he following that time, bringing up the "rear"????

*chuckle* *snort*

iloverat
10-27-2003, 08:30 PM
I really like the picture in my mind of Eddie hanging on to the screen door with the dogs waiting paitently beside him. Yep, sounds like you got a trouble maker on your hands. Thank goodness he knew to go to your mom's house where the dogs are friendly and the feather dusters are handy. :)

lynnestankard
10-28-2003, 03:15 AM

I asked my mom what the dogs were doing while Eddie was hanging on the door......they were waiting for her to open the door so THEY could come in.....

They were not rough housing him...as a matter of fact the worst news was that he was not being chased by the dogs......He was the leader of the
pack...
:rolleyes: :eek:

Just my luck, I don't get a follower, I get an instigator.

Nope Richard hate to tell you this he's not only the instigator - he's GARFIELD!! The picture in my mind is of a certain orange furboy - sorry ;) ;)

Lynne

Barbara
10-28-2003, 04:09 AM
We are looking forward to the story about Eddie getting a bath;)

This time we would appreciate pictures of your arm:D

catmandu
10-28-2003, 09:52 AM
Now that is one considerate Cat , seeing the the Dogs got something to eat as well. But stay home Eddie , where it is safe! please! Lost Cats!

RICHARD
10-28-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
Nope Richard hate to tell you this he's not only the instigator - he's GARFIELD!! The picture in my mind is of a certain orange furboy - sorry ;) ;)

Lynne

LOL,

Notice that Jon will never get gray hair from Garfield...I am on my way there right now.

Barbara,

Pics will be taken, stories written and flesh healed.

Catmandu,

I kinda doubt Eddie will ever get lost....
He doesn't travel far from his food;)