http://www.msnbc.com/news/984569.asp

She's a cutie!

G.P.girl
10-26-2003, 01:00 PM
i think it's great that they are finally able to do stuff like that

Kfamr
10-26-2003, 01:09 PM
It's neat they're able to do things like that, freely and all --
but someone needs to pass her some Big Macs.

Uabassoon
10-26-2003, 01:12 PM
I think that's great, she is very beautiful. I hope she wins.

Amber
10-26-2003, 01:28 PM
Thats Great that they are finally getting to do this stuff:)

2kitties
10-26-2003, 01:57 PM
Yea, she is a beautiful woman and looks very happy. I am glad she is able to represent her country.

Kfamr
10-26-2003, 02:20 PM
I KNEW PCB was going to say something like that.:rolleyes: :p :p

2kitties
10-26-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I don't consider that *liberation*. I consider it corruption. That is totally indecent, and a destruction to the moral values people have. Decent people from any part of the world wouldn't do that..........decent people with moral values, that obviously this woman doesn't have.

That picture made me sick to heart, and I'm not even kidding.

I'm hoping she isn't a Muslim..........her name doesn't sound like she is, but if she is *God forbid* what a disgrace. :rolleyes:

I despise such women. I really do.

That is the most judgemental post I've ever read. Popcorn, your post- in fact many of your posts- are as self-righteous and offensive to others as anything else posted in the Dog House.

I've no problem with you having your opinions, but to claim her morals to be indecent and to say no moral women would yada yada blah blah blah- Those are Your Morals. You needent Require everyone else to abide by them. There are PLENTY of DECENT people in this world who enjoy a cute red bikini.

You have just proven to me that because of your personal beliefs, you will judge others. That makes me sick to heart- and I'm not even kidding.

micki76
10-26-2003, 02:41 PM
2kitties........I don't judge people based on their beliefs or religions or what they do.

We had all these threads on people who wear wierd clothes (much more decent than a bikini mind you) and almost everyone agreed on how much they despise them. But when I say it....sure, I'm *judging* her. :rolleyes:

Making a judgment is still making a judgment regardless of what it's based on.

And in those threads, I believe (and hope) that the clothes were despised, not the persons morals.

Who is to say what's "decent" as far as clothing? Well, it depends on how and where it's worn. For example a young woman in a bikini at a wedding or a party would be rather "indecent" but at the beach or pool or a beauty pageant isn't. Why? Because that's the proper and expected attire at those places, but not at a wedding or party.

Depsite all that I just said, you are entitled to your opinion.

primabella
10-26-2003, 02:46 PM
Hey I think that that bikini is a a lot more decent than some of the others I have seen :p

I never really agreed to beauty pageants but it may just be because of the way the media reflects on them. Anyways I think what she is doing is great. More power to her.

2kitties
10-26-2003, 03:39 PM
Decent people from any part of the world wouldn't do that..........decent people with moral values, that obviously this woman doesn't have.

This is your judgement of the person and her morals- not her clothes. Your post was clear the first time.

I mean, seriously. How do you expect me to feel about your post? You have every right to choose your clothing, etc. But you've effectively told me and every other woman who wears a bikini that we are devoid of morals. Come on, I know plenty of decent, moral women who wear a bikini.

Soledad
10-26-2003, 03:40 PM
She needs a few sandwiches or something. Just enough till her ribs are covered. I HATE seeing people's ribs. Makes me cringe.

She is very beautiful, though.:)

2kitties
10-26-2003, 04:01 PM
Yeah, Soledad, but check out the muslces in her legs and shoulders. This gal spends some serious time in the gym. She's ripped. :eek:

Soledad
10-26-2003, 04:08 PM
The more I look at her body the more I think this girl is anorexic. Look at her stomach. I mean, look at the other girls (who are all very thin, but in a more healthy way) and tell me that's normal.

She's so beautiful. I hope she's not doing this to herself intentionally.

GoldenRetrLuver
10-26-2003, 04:24 PM
I don't think PCB was judging anyone, it's her opinion and she's entitled to it.
She's very pretty, good for her. :)

Kfamr
10-26-2003, 04:34 PM
I think she was judging to some point. She has her opinion, but having a opinion (saying this girl in the photo has no morals and such) without knowing her really -- is judging.

And I agree- she does look anorexic. :(

RebelGuitarist
10-26-2003, 04:51 PM
I think PCB worded it very well... and I, for the most part, agree with what she said.

G.P.girl
10-26-2003, 06:15 PM
i think she's pretty and i dont think she's being anymore immoral than any of the other girls in the picture. i dont really like beauty peagents because they are sexist but if she likes it, go for it. i do think she needs a couple greasy bigmacs though

primabella
10-26-2003, 06:18 PM
She does look really...bony. Hopefully she's not doing that to herself. :(

Karen
10-26-2003, 10:25 PM
I am glad for her that she feels positively about representing her country, and that, in doing so, hopes to help the women of Afghanistan. Popcornbird, while you may not approve of her choice of methods, can you not at least accept that?

She is not asking you to appear in public in a bikini, nor is she demanding that other Afghani women do so. She is not denying anyone their right to wear a burka, simply exercizing her option not to.

While standards of decency in dress vary from region to region, person to person, let us all at least be decent to each other - and because we are Pet Talk, be kind to humans and pets alike!

P.S. Miss Hoppy would never wear a bikini in public, not to worry, she prefers her own lovely fur coat!

Kfamr
10-26-2003, 10:32 PM
Nala prefers Bikinis. :)

She's such a disgrace!
:rolleyes: :p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p1669bae9902f6a2385f030effd787107/fc2d2259.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p6478a3a1984a594ebb05edc8ce00f87f/fc2d224f.jpg

Soledad
10-26-2003, 10:34 PM
Excuse me, KayAnn, but I do believe those pictures are "R" rated!!! We can't be having that these days. :p :rolleyes: :D

luckies4me
10-26-2003, 10:38 PM
I dream of the day I can like my body enough to wear a bikini again. She obviously feels very comfortable with her body, too bad other girls didn't feel that way. I like the suit, because it covers more of the bottom part.

If I had it my way I would have everyone walk around naked, like it used to be, where no one would care about what other people look like and judge them from the inside, not by who has the longest legs and the bigges breasts, and the nice blond hair and 6 pack abs.

It always makes me mad that in the summer guy's can walk around with their shirt off, but us women cannot. It's just a body people, gee. We need to stop being seen as sex objects, but as people.

PCB, how do you feel about breast feeding? I always brest fed in public. If my son was hungry I had to feed him, I didn't chose to feed him anything artifical. I chose to feed him what my body made, what is natural.

I don't think she's being disrespectful. If more girls had self esteem like that I would be a lot happier. I can't wait til next summer so I can have a nice flat stomach and show off how healthy I am with a nice black bakini and a nice fake tan, lol. :p

Twisterdog
10-27-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Karen
I am glad for her that she feels positively about representing her country, and that, in doing so, hopes to help the women of Afghanistan. Popcornbird, while you may not approve of her choice of methods, can you not at least accept that?

She is not asking you to appear in public in a bikini, nor is she demanding that other Afghani women do so. She is not denying anyone their right to wear a burka, simply exercizing her option not to.

While standards of decency in dress vary from region to region, person to person, let us all at least be decent to each other - and because we are Pet Talk, be kind to humans and pets alike!

Well said, Karen! I agree.

RICHARD
10-27-2003, 01:07 AM
i never posted the article thinking that it was immoral or indecent.

I happen to work near the 'Little Armenia' section of the town...
The people in the area wanted it designated as such, BTW..

there happens to be a branch of the bank I belong to right up the street. Most of the women there are Armenian.

What a bunch of good looking women they are.......It's kinda neat to fall in love every time I go in there.

If the Afghani women are HALF as beautiful, it seems like a shame to cover them up with burkas......

But then again I see the point of making women cover themselves
up.....

I'd be jealous that I could never create anything as beautiful as
a woman...........

Males,

we are pretty stupid, aren't we???

Twisterdog
10-27-2003, 01:17 AM
If everyone could walk naked.........oh my oh my. I think I'd rather die than to live on such a planet.

But if everyone were naked all the time, it would be no big deal at all. No one would even think of it. And I think it sounds like a swell idea, too .... except it might get a little chilly to do so in Wyoming. ;)

And I think that poor lady needs to eat a little more, too. Sheesh. :(

Shelteez2
10-27-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
But if everyone were naked all the time, it would be no big deal at all. No one would even think of it.

In fact in a naked world, perhaps the fully clothed would be immoral. Afterall what have they to hide! :eek:

;) LOL

luckies4me
10-27-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
But if everyone were naked all the time, it would be no big deal at all. No one would even think of it. And I think it sounds like a swell idea, too .... except it might get a little chilly to do so in Wyoming. ;)

Exactly! :)

2kitties
10-27-2003, 10:01 AM
When we visted Australia, we spent some time at a nude beach. It was fantastic. Such a free feeling- and completly non-sexual. People of all shapes and sizes and ages. I really enjoyed it and will certainly go to another when the opportunity arrises. This is my body and I'm neither embarrassed nor offended by it. I proudly embrace my sexuality and my physiology. I think the human form is lovely. (but I'm jonesing over this beautiful wool coat in the Anthropologie catalogue) But, like Wyoming, it gets a bit chilly here in Wisconsin:p

Corinna
10-27-2003, 10:03 AM
Richard it is so nice to have a man who actually can see the whole woman as beautiful not just her parts.
I do agree she's a little on the thin side. But glad shes not ashamed of her body so many are after having to be covered so much. Glad too that she is proud of here homeland even though so much is made bad about it. She knows the truth that it's just a few that have the power who are wicked. I'm glad she can cause a conversation about it by doing this event.
Get real PCB all of life is political and she has found a safe way to bring it to the front, we are talking about it arn't we?

RICHARD
10-27-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Corinna
Richard it is so nice to have a man who actually can see the whole woman as beautiful not just her parts.

I don't mind ribs.

Baked beans, some cole slaw and a nice hot buttered roll....

My only problem is the thought of spending a naked winter in Wyoming.:eek:

:D

CamCamPup33
10-27-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
I don't mind ribs.

Baked beans, some cole slaw and a nice hot buttered roll....

My only problem is the thought of spending a naked winter in Wyoming.:eek:

AHHAAAA that made me laugh out loud!! :D i dont see much of a problem with the picture.. alot of people wear bikinis in florida.. you almost have to.. I even wear one.. its extremly common, so im used to it.. I am also very skinny.. so still the picture isnt suprising..

micki76
10-27-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by 2kitties
Yeah, Soledad, but check out the muslces in her legs and shoulders. This gal spends some serious time in the gym. She's ripped. :eek:

Just wanted to all that I don't *think* those are her ribs. I think she's very lean and as 2kitties said, is ripped. Those look like her external obliques. :eek:

RICHARD
10-27-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by micki76
Those look like her external obliques. :eek:

HEY!!!
Stop using that kind of language on this thread!!

Of course they are external, you can see them!!;) :D

Soledad
10-27-2003, 02:08 PM
That's even worse.

Yuck. I'd like her better in a one piece.

micki76
10-27-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
That's even worse.

Yuck. I'd like her better in a one piece.

Why is that worse? Cause she's ripped? LOL I know, kinda sickens me when I look in the mirror and can't see those muscles! :p

2kitties
10-27-2003, 02:19 PM
Yes, I think she just works out alot. I have to admit, that is a look I find attractive- but in fitness, not in starvation. I try and eat a balanced diet, and get in 4 weight sesions per week and run at least 30 miles per week. Fitness is a huge part of my life and I see many women who achieve BMI like hers. I'd say she's about 15%. A good goal for those of us in real life- not in beauty pageants or fitness competitions- is around 20%.

Whether you like her look or not, hers is achieved in the gym, not over the toilet. An anorexic would not be able to sustain that muscle tone.

Soledad
10-27-2003, 02:31 PM
I guess from an aesthetic viewpoint, I just find that level of definition (especially on an already extremely thin woman) unattractive.

I like toned bodies, but I do not like seeing her concave form covered in stringy muscle.

I can understand someone just being thin, but working that hard to purposely make yourself look like that is weird to me.

2kitties
10-27-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
working that hard to purposely make yourself look like that is weird to me.

Somehow Pam Anderson comes to mind....:eek: :D For me, her body is weird.

Kfamr
10-27-2003, 03:19 PM
For me, her body and face is unproportioned and disgusting. She needs to be set on fire so all of her plastic melts into a puddle ;x

2kitties
10-27-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
She needs to be set on fire so all of her plastic melts into a puddle ;x
Huh? Who are we setting on fire? I just need to be clear so I don't go setting the wrong person on fire.:p

Soledad
10-27-2003, 03:27 PM
OMG, Kfamr!!!

So, is the only alternative to Miss Afghanistan, Pam Anderson? Neither have bodies that I find ideal. :eek:

2kitties
10-27-2003, 03:30 PM
Speaking of that, who are your ideals. I mean, if you could have anyone's body you want?
I'd choose Jennifer Garner without hesitation. She's my ideal.

Soledad
10-27-2003, 03:45 PM
Jennifer Garner has too much of a man body for my liking. Her shoulders are HUGE.

Personally, I like Rose McGowan's bod. She's super cute and reminds me of a 50s pin up girl. Also, Salma Hayek, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Jennifer Lopez. I like my women to look like women without being femme-bots. Know what I mean??

2kitties
10-27-2003, 04:11 PM
hee hee. I'm totally a shoulder girl. I work mine to death. I tend to like the buff look. I think no matter how thin you are, you look flabby if your bmi is high. But, I'll definitly sign on with you on Catherine Zeta Jones. She's one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood, I think.

2kitties
10-27-2003, 04:27 PM
Regardless of the look you're going for, it is so encouraging to see so many women embracing strength training. Wonder why so many of our mothers or grandmothers suffer from osteoperosis and the like? (I swear my great grandmother shrunk every year!) It is because lean muscle builds your bone density. You can't get it back and you WILL lose bone density and muscle after menapause. The best defense is to build it up and get enough calcium before that time.

Women were always overlooked in the fitness world because we don't have enough testosterone to naturally look like Arnold. But now we've come to accept the beauty of the natural female form and understand the health benefits of being strong women. We are now living longer healthier lives than generations before us.

And, while I realize many of the standards set by what should be our female role models are weakening, there are some positives in today's culture. For instance, even just 10 years ago, you'd never see a female action hero. Women's movie roles were limited to Bond girls or Damsels in Distress. Now, there are butt kickin' female action hero's out there- and people are buying tickets like crazy to see them! I love it!

Okay, that's my soapbox- sorry, I'll step off. I get pretty passionate about fitness- don't let me bore you to death.:)

RICHARD
10-27-2003, 04:34 PM

Okay, that's my soapbox- sorry, I'll step off. I get pretty passionate about fitness- don't let me bore you to death.:)

Hijack my thread whydoncha??

Arm wrestle you for it??

2kitties
10-27-2003, 04:36 PM
You'd better Bring it Richard! Think you can take me?;) hee hee. na, no fighting for me. health and fitness, never violence!

2kitties
10-27-2003, 06:04 PM
you're exactly right pcb (better save this thread Karen! pcb and I are agreeing;) ) And honestly hon, while you and I have some very different convictions, I respect you to no end for how committed you are to yours. We'll probably keep disagreeing about some stuff, but I always think you're a strong person- or else it wouldn't be worth disagreeing! :)

Moving on. The truth is, very few women have enough testosterone in their bodies to ever *bulk* the way men do. It just isn't possible. That is not to say women can't get larger muscle mass, but not in the way many fear they will. It is perfectly okay for a gal to lift heavier weights. In fact, the ideal weight should be just enough to fatigue the muscle in the final rep. Therefore, you should realy be struggling by your final lift after 2 sets.
The body building women you see in, for instance, Miss Olympia, they're only popping like that because of the dehydration and diet they do in preparation for the show. If you see one in the off season, they don't really look like that at all.

I know what you mean. I hear so many women say "I don't want to lift, I'll get big." bologne. You'll get big if you sit on your duff and eat bon bons, not if you do these curls!

I've also been doing pilates also for about 6 months now and I've noticed some nice changes in my legs. I'm short and I'm a runner so anything I can do to build long muscles is helpful. If you ever have a chance to try pilates, it is awesome.

Women, more than men, need the muscle mass to help bone density. I wish they'd start making billboards about that because it is SO important.

Sorry, Richard. I'm hijacking again. (But I'm willing to bet you've got nothing against a pretty lady with a nice shape:cool: )

Soledad
10-27-2003, 06:10 PM
I love Pilates! You get some nice, long, lean muscle. I have to get back into the swing of it, but when I did it, I felt so in control of my body.

joycenalex
10-27-2003, 06:19 PM
...... Wonder why so many of our mothers or grandmothers suffer from osteoperosis and the like? (I swear my great grandmother shrunk every year!) It is because lean muscle builds your bone density. You can't get it back and you WILL lose bone density and muscle after menapause. The best defense is to build it up and get enough calcium before that time. .....
actually the widespread poverty in the united states in the depression years had a LOT to do with our mothers/grandmothers not getting adquate nutiritional intake. my mother has said that the only milk they got for several years was some in thier coffee on sundays. things were that bad here, in the united states for the workers and the poor. my mother made sure all of her kids had milk at every meal.
...actually, i'm studying for the bone densitometry board, and i hope to take the registry exam in january 2004

RICHARD
10-27-2003, 07:09 PM
You'd better Bring it Richard! Think you can take me?;) hee hee. na, no fighting for me. health and fitness, never violence!

lol,

no thanks i got my butt kicked by a girl that I had a crush on.....that was in seventh grade...

of course, I've grown up but arm wrestling is still not my cup of tea.......

Hows about cards or Scrabble???
:cool:

Cheshirekatt
10-27-2003, 08:20 PM
She's beautiful, but a little too lean IMHO.

Salma Hayek and Rose McGowan have more the body styles I'd prefer to have. :)

Kfamr
10-27-2003, 08:24 PM
I BET i'd beat you in Poker, Richard! :p

As for who i'd like to burn -- Pam for sure.

RICHARD
10-27-2003, 11:47 PM
all of you...............

stop it.............

everyone brings something different to the table..

when all is said and done a real man will like your for who you are, not who he thinks you could be.......

a real man likes the total package, not a wisp of the 'perfect woman'.................

remember that...........

you are all perfect...it's your vanity that makes it tough for
men to accept it......................

slick
10-28-2003, 01:14 AM
a real man likes the total package, not a wisp of the 'perfect woman'.................
And what is your idea of the "total package"??

BTW I've known some men to be just as vain as women. Out the door you go thank you.

RICHARD
10-28-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by slick
And what is your idea of the "total package"??

A delivery from Federal Express, of course!

RICHARD
10-28-2003, 01:50 PM
I thought about it.....my total package is...

Cooks like Nigella, decorates like Martha,
sings like Faith, dances like Shakira, drives like the Devil, looks like an Angel....

how vague is that???;)

2kitties
10-28-2003, 02:00 PM
gosh richard, it is good to know you keep your standards reasonable:confused: ;)

slick
10-28-2003, 02:02 PM
Hmmmm, not asking much are you.:eek: :eek:

I know you are just joking....but....let's see now, if that's what a real man wants all I have to do is
- lose some weight
- dye my hair
- learn dried flower arranging
- learn more lamb and courgette recipes
- learn how to sing and dance

Piece of cake!!

RICHARD
10-28-2003, 02:04 PM
gosh richard, it is good to know you keep your standards reasonable:confused: ;)

What???

lol:D

O.k., Dances like Ginger.....better???

wasn't I just shown the door???:p :)

2kitties
10-28-2003, 02:07 PM
FIne then. Okay ladies, what is your total package in a man (the real sexy stuff ladies, not that crappy personality mess :cool: )??

1. Sing like Enrique
2. Look like George
3. Dance like Fred
4. Earn like Bill
5. Spend like PDiddy
6. Love like Cassanova

RICHARD
10-28-2003, 02:13 PM

5. Spend like PDiddy

I just heard that that moron pays the people who sew his line of clothes 24 cents to make a 50 dollar shirt......

slick
10-28-2003, 02:15 PM
The body of a young Lionel Ritchie
The face of Andrea Bocelli (Ok I love a man with hair on his face..)
The moves of Enrique

Most important, Richard, if he's not a Trucker and doesn't talk about enemas, then I'll give him a second glance ;) ;)

2kitties
10-28-2003, 02:22 PM
I just heard that that moron pays the people who sew his line of clothes 24 cents to make a 50 dollar shirt......

And what do you think Martha pays her craft making drones???

But, I'm talking about the bling he buys his rat pack!

2kitties
10-28-2003, 02:24 PM
Most important, Richard, if he's not a Trucker and doesn't talk about enemas, then I'll give him a second glance ;) ;)

ROTFL! Okay, now you're probably more accuratly describing my real standards.:(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-28-2003, 02:53 PM
Most important, Richard, if he's not a Trucker

Hey, what's wrong with truckers? I'm offended! :rolleyes:

j/k ;) But actually, I know a few truckers (my best friends dad for one) who are great guys and other than the fact that they're gone all the time, they're really great guys. And seeing as Terry has "bonded" with his trucker buddies on the CB while we're in the motorhome, we've actually talked to quite a few of them while on the road who are very pleasant, polite and very helpful guys. So don't be bashing my trucker buddies, ok? ;) :D Now, as for women truckers, I hate to stereotype, but the ones I've heard on the CB always seem to have an attitude like "screw you, I don't care what you think because I'm a woman and yes I drive a truck." I had to ask Terry to turn the CB down on one of them so we didn't have to listen to her anymore. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh, and as for my "perfect" man, how 'bout kind, considerate, loving and oh yeah, earns like Bill wouldn't be bad either. ;)

2kitties
10-28-2003, 03:01 PM
No truckers for me. But, for the same reasons I'm not interested in a military man or a traveling salesman. Unless he's on short runs, the trucker is just not home enought for me.
*but cb talk is sort of sexy*:cool:

Kfamr
10-28-2003, 03:08 PM
Truckers!? :eek: :eek:

I've been terrified of them ever since I saw the movie " Joy Ride". :eek:

Soledad
10-28-2003, 03:43 PM
No truckers for me. Something about the smell of a man being locked up in a car for weeks just doesn't do it for me.:p

RICHARD
10-28-2003, 03:43 PM
. Unless he's on short runs, the trucker is just not home enought for me.

YES, the 'runs' can impact your time together.:rolleyes:

2kitties
10-28-2003, 03:45 PM
*wipes spit off monitor*

micki76
10-28-2003, 03:49 PM
YES, the 'runs' can impact your time together.:rolleyes:

: :eek: :D

slick
10-28-2003, 03:51 PM
Oh God, and it only started with one date......

What have I done??????:D :D

RICHARD
10-28-2003, 04:35 PM
I can never make a point without anyone being offended or spitting on their computers...

Grow up all of you and let's get back to building the perfect partner.....

;)

Corinna
10-28-2003, 04:54 PM
Ok I go for older men But sean connery or Tommy Lee Jones could park their boots under my bed any time.

slick
10-28-2003, 04:57 PM
The other night I had a dream about Chuck Norris. Come to Momma baby.......

RICHARD
10-28-2003, 04:57 PM
Ok I go for older men But sean connery or Tommy Lee Jones could park their boots under my bed any time.

WOMEN,

It's always about shoes, isn't it?

:D ;)

lbaker
10-28-2003, 05:06 PM
better than underware, richard ;)

RICHARD
10-28-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
better than underware, richard ;)

touche'

slick
10-28-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
better than underwear, richard ;)
ROFLMAO!!! cough cough sputter sputter

RICHARD
10-28-2003, 05:39 PM
ROFLMAO!!! cough cough sputter sputter

KEEP IT UP....

I have my finger on the delete button.:cool:

2kitties
10-28-2003, 06:14 PM
I can never make a point without anyone being offended or spitting on their computers...

Grow up all of you and let's get back to building the perfect partner.....

;)

It was spittle from my burst of laughter, Richard! :D

RICHARD
10-28-2003, 06:18 PM
It was spittle from my burst of laughter, Richard! :D

LOL....I know, I know!!!

mahayana
10-28-2003, 07:03 PM
This thread certainly has changed since the first page, when the subject was freedom for women in Afghanistan, and moral outrage over bikinis!

I've always thought Venus de Milo (the statue with no arms) and Michealangelo's David are perfection of human form. I'm not offended by nudity, never could understand the thing in the Bible where Adam and Eve "saw that they were naked and were ashamed."

Back to the Afghanistan story, the thing I find interesting is that there was a 1972 Miss Afghanistan. Part of the reason ultra-conservative Islamists took over the governments in Afghanistan and Iran was public reaction to the westernization of young people there in the late 1960's (miniskirts and rock'n'roll).

Will it be different this time?

RICHARD
10-28-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by mahayana
This thread certainly has changed since the first page, when the subject was freedom for women in Afghanistan, and moral outrage over bikinis!

I've always thought Venus de Milo (the statue with no arms) and Michealangelo's David are perfection of human form. I'm not offended by nudity, never could understand the thing in the Bible where Adam and Eve "saw that they were naked and were ashamed."

Back to the Afghanistan story, the thing I find interesting is that there was a 1972 Miss Afghanistan. Part of the reason ultra-conservative Islamists took over the governments in Afghanistan and Iran was public reaction to the westernization of young people there in the late 1960's (miniskirts and rock'n'roll).

Will it be different this time?

You never can tell with us pet talkers..

We tend to take a subject and use free form insanity to nudge it into directions we can only imagine...

Actually, I wanted to post the story because I thought it was
a story that showed women were making strides in Afghanistan-
maybe not in the way that some women would like - but the sound of one woman's 'voice' in a room full of men makes everyone stop and listen to what she says.

Everyone drives on this thread.

Where do you want to go???:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-28-2003, 09:36 PM
Everyone drives on this thread.

Where do you want to go???:)

Now you sound like a car commercial, Richard. ;) :D

What ever happened to Farvegnugen? (sp?) I thought that was cool. :D

mahayana
10-28-2003, 10:17 PM
"where do you want to go?" I would like to explore the whole subject of nationbuilding in Afghanistan and Iraq. Women's rights is a big part of it ( our own country didn't let women vote most of it's history; we finally changed the constitution in 1920; women in France didn't get the vote until 1945). And how do we promote the principle of separation of church and state to a region that wants religious states? Are we going to impose our model government on the Palestinians, Iran? What is the US trying to achieve?

Cheshirekatt
10-28-2003, 10:54 PM
Here's where Jessica Rabbit and I have something in common. A man has to be able to make me laugh. :)

Oh, and he has to be smarter than me.

And looks like Dennis Quaid couldn't hurt.....

;)

Tonya
10-28-2003, 11:17 PM
Good for her! She's gorgeous!

RICHARD
10-29-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Now you sound like a car commercial, Richard. ;) :D

What ever happened to Farvegnugen? (sp?) I thought that was cool. :D

what's a little plagarism between friends?

Corinna
10-29-2003, 11:31 PM
I guess I think like Jessica, My hubby has been making me laugh for almost 28years married almost 25 of them. He is older than me and yes Richard it is about shoes he wears a size 16 .

Kfamr
10-29-2003, 11:34 PM
16!?!? :eek:

I could fit like two of my feet in each shoe! :p

Corinna
10-29-2003, 11:37 PM
me too I wear a 6 I'm 5'2" he is 6'5" our daughter is 5'6" and our son is 6' and still growiing.

Kfamr
10-29-2003, 11:38 PM
I wear aobut a 8 or a 9.. depending on the shoe. :p

He must be a GIANT compared to you! :p

Corinna
10-29-2003, 11:43 PM
I hope this works . if so this was last year at christmas, tims dad in the middle , our daughter (21) son(19) Tim and I

Kfamr
10-29-2003, 11:46 PM
OH Wow! He is much taller! That's so cute. :p

RICHARD
10-30-2003, 12:53 AM
I guess I think like Jessica, My hubby has been making me laugh for almost 28years married almost 25 of them. He is older than me and yes Richard it is about shoes he wears a size 16 .

something's wrong....

I'm 6'2 and wear an 11!!!!

;)

slick
10-30-2003, 01:39 AM
I'm 5' 7 1/2" and wear size 9. Does that count?? I'll take a DOTD please.

OOOps, wrong thread. Getting tired and going bed. Later.

Corinna
10-30-2003, 10:47 AM
Nothing wrong Richard he just has a larger root system . Thats what I tell him. hehe

RICHARD
10-30-2003, 11:23 AM
Nothing wrong Richard he just has a larger root system . Thats what I tell him. hehe

I'll pass on this reply!
;)

2kitties
10-30-2003, 11:39 AM
oh dear.

Corinna
10-30-2003, 11:43 AM
ok I mean like a tree come on you guys.

RICHARD
10-30-2003, 11:45 AM
ok I mean like a tree come on you guys.

lol,

I just passed because I'm not a horticulturist.

:cool: