PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

CJ7Boomer
10-26-2003, 10:21 AM
i mostly post on the dog side but i posted here a while ago about the little grey kitten i rescued.Hes doing great still and just got nuetered friday. anyway i need some advice. Does anyone have other animals they keep in a tank or maybe have a bird? how do you keep your cats from bothering them? i have 3 tanks with critters in them in my room- which is Reef's room also. theres little nose prints on the glass, and i know hes walking on top of the screen top when im not there. he especially likes to watch the crickets run around in there. I dont want him to stress out my critters, but i dont know how to stop him from doing this- unless i kep my door closed- but thats his room too! i just dont want to come home and find something not so pleasant happened-
thanks

luckies4me
10-26-2003, 11:02 AM
Well the only way to stop it is to lock him out of the room. My gecko is up on our Entertainment center so that the cats do not get to him. If you are worried you can invest in a very sturdy heavy metal screen top with latches on the sides so that only you can open it. Or move the tanks somewhere else.

luckies4me
10-26-2003, 11:06 AM
BTW did you name your dog after Sublime???

CJ7Boomer
10-26-2003, 11:45 AM
yeah i did!! youre the first person to ask me that and he's 9 months old lol

CJ7Boomer
10-26-2003, 11:48 AM
And I have locking latches, and i really dont want to lock him out of my room- hes terrified of everything, hes been through alot- my room is his safe place- and just recently hes been noticing the tanks. i dont know maybe he'll loose intrest eventually- i hope!

luckies4me
10-26-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by CJ7Boomer
yeah i did!! youre the first person to ask me that and he's 9 months old lol

hehe I love Sublime! :D

rg_girlca
10-26-2003, 01:14 PM
Yes I remember your post on little Reef when you rescued him. I'm glad to hear he is going well.
In regards to the tanks, I was going to suggest also keeping him out of the room while you are not there. Since this is not an option, the only thing I could think of , if it is at all possible, is putting them up somewhere high where Reef cannot get to them or take the tanks out of the room and keep Reef locked in the room since this place is his safe haven.
In the long run, I hope everything works out for you.

I would love to see an updated picture of Reef. :D

krazyaboutkatz
10-26-2003, 03:59 PM
I don't have any advice but just wanted to say that I'm glad that Reef is doing well and I'd also love to see some new pics of him. He sure is gorgeous. :D