PDA

View Full Version : The house we dream of building.....

carole
10-26-2003, 03:42 AM
Just across the road and down a bit in the new housing subdivision opposite me, there is a house we have fallen in love with, and NO we cannot afford to buy it, we met the builder today and it is his home, and he glady showed us through, the decor inside is ok , not really my taste, but the outside is what we love, the roof has a japanese line, as his wife is japanese, the plan is nice inside, and even has a japanese tea-room., they will have a japanese garden outside as well.

As I had the camera on me, I decided to share the pic with you, and wonder what you think, its not finished yet, but it is what my husband I would love to own one of these days, maybe when we win lotto.

Its a middle of the road house, around 260-280 thousand dollars roughly.

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-26-2003, 05:55 AM
That looks really nice! Will it have a big garden? If that's the price of the house, how much did the land cost? ( I am very nosey about these things, as my hubby and I are considering emigrating to Aus or NZ if we don't go back to South Africa)

jenluckenbach
10-26-2003, 06:28 AM
It is a very nice looking house. 3 bedroom? But I think the only way it would fit my entire fur family would be if we did NOT park cars in the garage.;)
(and believe me, my house is NO palace, just a 3 story row home in the city, $50,000, but it does have 5 bedrooms :D )

popcornbird
10-26-2003, 11:25 AM
That's a beautiful house! The style actually looks very similar to the new homes here..........except that they *usually* have another story on top. :p

Originally posted by jenluckenbach
It is a very nice looking house. 3 bedroom? But I think the only way it would fit my entire fur family would be if we did NOT park cars in the garage.;)
(and believe me, my house is NO palace, just a 3 story row home in the city, $50,000, but it does have 5 bedrooms :D )

$50,000?!?!?! :eek::eek: You mean.........there are places you can buy a house for $50,000!?!?! That's how much a nice car would cost. :eek: I'm moving to PA! *faints*

I'm not even going to begin to tell you how much a decent house costs here. :p You wouldn't want to know.

GoldenRetrLuver
10-26-2003, 11:32 AM
What a nice house! :)
I'm with PCB...$50,000?! :eek:
With the market going crazy a decent house over here could EASILY go for $400,000. :eek:

isis
10-26-2003, 11:36 AM
That is a really cheap house!! Ours wansn't $400,000 though!! Thats like crazy!!:eek: It looks soooo nice!! I love the window.:D

wolflady
10-26-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I'm not even going to begin to tell you how much a decent house costs here. :p You wouldn't want to know.

LOL LOL I can relate. I about had a heart attack when I moved to California from Indiana. Talk about culture shock (in housing prices!). I just could not belive the insane prices in Gilroy! :rolleyes: Indiana was definitely much more affordable.

carole
10-26-2003, 12:41 PM
Jen, the house is four bedrooms, has ensuite, for master bedroom, 2 bathrooms in other words, good size kitchen, dining area, lounge not that big, but another room off that, which could be a small family room, its their japanese tea house room.

Reasonable size section.

Ally I am not sure of the exact price of the house, I am only guessing, I could not really ask the guy, but going on the land prices and the one around the corner went for 280, so i reckon the most would be around 300,000 tops.

The land varys, in this area, which is much sought after, because it is so close to town, and everywhere else is kinda built out now, they started at 55,000 small section to 100,000.

I believe houses are even cheaper in Aussie, but it depends where you choose to live in NZ as well, Auckland you would pay probably nearer 400,000 for the equivalent house that I have shown you, because land is so expensive there.

My little shack you could pick up for around 150,000. so I would have to have a huge mortgage to afford my dream home, and we cannot do that right now, as our mortgage is small in comparison.

BUT ONE CAN DREAM EH?

Gosh houses are expensive in USA. remember if you come here your dollar almost doubles.

popcornbird
10-26-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by carole

Gosh houses are expensive in USA. remember if you come here your dollar almost doubles.

I thought they were..............until Jen said her house is $50,000. I'm still recovering from shock since she said that. :p I guess it varies depending on the area. America's huge you know with huge variation as well. :p