PDA

View Full Version : I am lactose intolerant!! ugh

tikeyas_mom
10-26-2003, 12:52 AM
I love milk and now I cant drink it mehh!!! today I found out i am lactose intolerant, because when I drink milk, I bloat really badly in my stomach!! :eek: I thought it was just fat, but I guess not :eek:.. my mom got me this lactose medician and loctose milk 0%.. eww puke.. lol

green_chameleon_girl
10-26-2003, 10:12 AM
ME 2! REMEMBER THE OTHER DAY I TOLD YOU!:) Its not that bad once you get used to it.. Go see you doctor to make sure and then you can buy lacteeze. I have the chewable lacteeze so it makes it alot easier. OH AND YOU CAN STILL HAVE ICE CREAM! with no lactose in it:o

YAY!!! IM NOT THE ONLY ONE!:D If you have questions about it you can ask me on msn or PM me!:eek: :)

primabella
10-26-2003, 10:14 AM
Oh gosh if I couldn't have milk...I don't know what I would do. :(

green_chameleon_girl
10-26-2003, 10:20 AM
ya it sucks! :):P

Amber
10-26-2003, 10:20 AM
I know I would go crazy without milk! I like it!

binka_nugget
10-26-2003, 10:46 AM
It would make no difference to me lol..I HATE milk. I've probably had a cup in the past month..LOL

isis
10-26-2003, 11:16 AM
OMG!! I'm so sorry that this happend!! Atleast you can still have Ice Cream.:p I guess I could live without milk. I still love it though.:)

Kfamr
10-26-2003, 11:37 AM
I don't even remember the last time i've had plain milk.

tikeyas_mom
10-26-2003, 12:36 PM
I used to drink like a cup of milk everyday till two days ago now I have yto take a pill befor I drink any milk product :eek:.. meh

green_chameleon_girl
10-26-2003, 02:00 PM
OH wait before how I said you could still have ice cream I meant you can go to the store and buy icecream without lactose in it lol! I have to take 2 pills everytime I drink or eat a milk product because I have it bad!:( Isent it really freaky how the other day I told you that I was lactose intolerent and you were like WHATS THAT!? haha lol thats to funny!

tikeyas_mom
10-26-2003, 06:33 PM
yeah lol

Moose
10-26-2003, 06:41 PM
Blech....I hate milk. :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-26-2003, 06:53 PM
I don't really like milk either... Only chocolate, and it has to taste just right, and be the right temp. So, no, I don't drink it much.

Karen
10-26-2003, 09:25 PM
Those of you who can't - or don't - drink milk, make sure you get enough calcium in your diet some other way, ask your doctor if necessary. My Aunt never liked to drink milk from childhood on, so didn't when she could get away with it ... she now has very bad osteoprosis, which coupled with arthritis makes life pretty difficult for her - and she's not ancient. She told me she now wishes her mother was more strict about enforcing good nutrition, she didn't know how much it would literally hurt when she got older.

A friend of mine found out she was lactose intolerant in her 20's - she said "I figured everyone got a stomach ache after eating ice cream, but ice cream is so good that no one complained." She now eats yummy tofu ice cream - says don't knock it 'til you've tried it!

Kfamr
10-26-2003, 09:29 PM
Doesn't OJ have Calcium in it?

I think I remember reading on one of the OJ boxes that it did... if so i just got done with my second 'box' of OJ this weekend.

Uabassoon
10-26-2003, 09:36 PM
Some OJ has calcium added to it, but it's still not enough calcuim especially if you are young and still growing.

Soledad
10-26-2003, 09:38 PM
Broccoli and spinach have great amounts of calcium.

popcornbird
10-27-2003, 02:08 AM
Orange juice doesn't have NEARLY enough calcium for the human body. I LOVE milk.........I mean, I just LOVE it! Can't go without drinking it everyday. :p If you can't drink milk, I would recommend taking calcium supplements. If you get the chewable kinds...............they taste like candy, and you'll get your calcium. :p I take those once in a while.........not everyday, but I do sometimes.

Maybe you can try soymilk, or rice milk. I think they have as much calcium as milk, and if you get strawberry soymilk, it is SO yummy. :p

Calcium is very important for the bones and teeth, and even more important for females, so be sure you don't miss out on that.

green_chameleon_girl
10-27-2003, 09:05 AM
tikeyas_mom.. try orange juice in your cereal! ITS SOOOO GOOD! :D It tastes better then milk. Thats what I use. I am thinking of starting drinking more milk again but that would mean taking more pills...I just cant win lol