PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone show their dogs??

*FlatCoatsRule*
10-25-2003, 09:43 PM
Does anyone show their dogs??? My grandma does and it's really fun to listen to which dog got what place. It's cool to go and be around all of those dogs!:)

CJ7Boomer
10-26-2003, 10:11 AM
I wish i could show Lou Dog but in the contract i have from the breeder- he's strictly a pet. We take agility classes anyway though because he has so much fun and does so well.

primabella
10-26-2003, 10:13 AM
If I could decide I don't think I would like to show Mickey but I do like to watch the shows sometimes. We also signed a contract with Mickey's breeder, swearing we wouldn't show him or breed him. (that way he could get neuteured)

CJ7 - That picture is great! :D

binka_nugget
10-26-2003, 10:39 AM
:( Kai's breeder said he's not for breeding but to not neuter him..HA! yeah right. I'd love to show one day but currently, I don't.

cali
10-26-2003, 11:21 AM
no showing here, dont agree with it. happy and blair have show dogs in there bloodlines, but neither are show quility, happy has show dogs sort of in her blood, her sir is from peachy keens and barbie collie kennel, although his mom is strictly a farm dog. and blair has several show champs in his blood line heck he has the #1 pyrshep in canada of all time, in his pedigree kind of, that dogs sire La Brise Cotton-tail Rabbit is in blairs pedigree. but we are under contract of cant neuter him, he is not show quaility but he is preformace quality. which means when he is older we will have to come up with a way to keep misty(intact) away from blair :eek: or blair away from misty!:eek:

wolf_Q
10-26-2003, 12:10 PM
Why don't you just spay Misty?

*FlatCoatsRule*
10-26-2003, 12:13 PM
Did you guys know that you can show your purebred dog in obedeience even if he's neutured. Have any of you people out there with hyper dogs ever thought of joining a club and doing flyball??? It's so much fun to go to the matches!

Shelteez2
10-26-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by *FlatCoatsRule*
Does anyone show their dogs??? My grandma does and it's really fun to listen to which dog got what place. It's cool to go and be around all of those dogs!:)

I don't show in conformation because I don't have any dogs that I could show in conformation. (Both my dogs have disqualifying faults, and therefore are spayed and neutered).
I do however show in obedience which is a lot of fun! Both of my dogs have their novice obedience titles, and one day when I stop being lazy, I'll get on with their advanced training. :)

cali
10-26-2003, 12:18 PM
misty is also not to be fixed she is a breeding dog:)

*FlatCoatsRule*
10-26-2003, 12:24 PM
I don't show in conformation because I don't have any dogs that I could show in conformation. (Both my dogs have disqualifying faults, and therefore are spayed and neutered).

Exactly! That's what I was trying to tell them! That their dogs don't HAVE to be breeding dogs, they can be spayed or neutured and you can still show them in obedience! It's so much fun!
Also Flyball, does anyone do flyball?:) :D

cali
10-26-2003, 12:31 PM
I do flyball :P our club is the home of the fastest team in the region!:D

*FlatCoatsRule*
10-26-2003, 12:34 PM
cool! Let me guess, you race the three black ones with the ears sticking up and maybe the other black one too with the ears down. They look like fast dogs.:)

Dogz
10-26-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by cali

Are you going to breed her?:eek:

I have shown Prince at the fair and stuff, but just for fun.:) He likes to stand pretty for the judges.:D

Dogz
10-26-2003, 12:43 PM
CJ7- I LOVE that picture! It's great! When are we going to get to see some more?;)

cali
10-26-2003, 12:49 PM
lol nope, the one on the middle with the frisbee's races(fastest) the little black one with prick ears races and the black and white one with the huge prick ears in the top right races :p

dogz, assuming she passes all necciasary health testing etc.. really well then yes I am breeding her, that wont be till she is at least 2 though:)

CJ7Boomer
10-26-2003, 12:49 PM
Thanks-Lou Dog loves his cowboy hat- you tell him he looks handsome and he hams it up:) he also has a disqualifying fault- only one eye has a full black circle around it but i love it:D

*FlatCoatsRule*
10-26-2003, 12:53 PM
Is Misty the little brown puppy one in the corner?:cool:

Dogz
10-26-2003, 12:54 PM
I *think* Misty is the one in the other corner.

cali
10-26-2003, 01:04 PM
sorry other right! she is the border collie with the big prick ears!

cloverfdx
10-27-2003, 01:13 AM
we dont do any conformation showing as all 3 dogs are not pedigree (2 crossbreeds and 1 non pedigree Chihuahua)

But we do compete in Obedience and Flyball, and i want to do Herding, Agility & Tracking as well one day but at the moment we are too busy with Obedience and Flyball :D

Lissa
10-27-2003, 01:43 PM
I am interested in someday getting my pup, a GSD mix, into something like flyball...can someone give me a basic explination of these different activities you are talking about and how to get involved in them. Thanks

*FlatCoatsRule*
10-27-2003, 06:54 PM
Well, usually your city will have a dog club and that dog club has a flyball team that goes everywhere to these matches or races I should say and the dogs have to jump over jumps and grab a ball and run back over the jumps, it's a relay basically, with dogs that's really fun to watch! and gets energy out of your dog! :D

shais_mom
10-28-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by cali

You don't agree with showing but you agree with breeding?
That makes no sense to me at all. Are you going to be responsible? And how responsible can you be if you are breeding when you are only 16? I think the most responsible thing I see you doing is waiting until she is 2. This makes me very sad.
I only agree with breeding if you are trying to better the breed and try to breed any undesirable things out of the breed. I certainly hope you advocate spaying and neutering of your puppies.
If you breed I hope you rescue.

shais_mom
10-28-2003, 11:24 PM
oh BTW
I don't show.
I don't breed.
Keegan is fixed for her health.
She is a registered GR.
I have no desire to show her. I love her more for what her heart is not what she wins.

:)