PDA

View Full Version : Any advice for a broken heart?...

ticosmyham
10-25-2003, 08:54 PM
I don't mean to sound like I'm wallowing in self-pity, but my boyfriend and I just broke up, and I need some advice to help me get through it. I think that a lot of you have been through this before..and it's my first time. I'm so sad. At least I have my animals...they can help me. But i would appreciate any advice... thanks a lot you guys!

Kfamr
10-25-2003, 08:59 PM
You're young, as far as I know --
There's always plenty of fish in the sea.

Things come and go, relationships being one of them.
You have the right to be sad, but don't..
Hug your babies, they're all the love you truely need. :)

Amber
10-25-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
You're young, as far as I know --
There's always plenty of fish in the sea.

Things come and go, relationships being one of them.
You have the right to be sad, but don't..
Hug your babies, they're all the love you truely need. :)
Great Advice!

stacwase
10-25-2003, 09:16 PM
Cry if you need to! Get it all out! And keep up your usual routine - do all the things you would normally do and more. Keep yourself busy. And cry and talk to people! And cry. Crying is good.

Logan
10-25-2003, 09:29 PM
Allow yourself some time to grieve, then move on. I'm sorry you are unhappy. :(

Tonya
10-25-2003, 09:52 PM
Stay busy to keep your mind off of him. Surround yourself in friends and loved ones. Mainly time will heal.

ticosmyham
10-26-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by stacwase
Cry if you need to! Get it all out! And keep up your usual routine - do all the things you would normally do and more. Keep yourself busy. And cry and talk to people! And cry. Crying is good.

oh yes, lots and lots of that going on.

thank you guys...it feels nice to know that people care!!

carole
10-26-2003, 01:12 AM
When a relationship breaks up , it hurts, no matter how old you are, and at the time you feel so bad, that nothing else seems to matter, but in time you will feel happy again, and no doubt meet another cute guy, but I know its painful, I think a lot of us have all been where you are right now, so BIG HUGS TO YOU, and dry those tears soon, and SMILE sweetie, life is still good, just does not seem so at the moment.:)

joycenalex
10-26-2003, 09:05 AM
dear anne, the book...HOW TO SURVIVE THE LOSS OF A LOVE is worth every penny. also, get some good chocolate, kleenex and a really sad movie, and cry your eyes out. and remember, his loss.

Foam
10-26-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by joycenalex
and remember, his loss.
Yeees yes! His loss, girl. ;) Don't sweat it. If he dumped you, he's not worth it. You're better than him. :)

RICHARD
10-26-2003, 10:21 AM
Love is not basketball.
Do not go for the rebound.

Take your time, get your bearings and do not try and replace love so quickly. When we are hurt we
look at the world thru swollen eyes.

It's like disabling the 'letterbox' feature on your DVD player.....you don't get the whole picture...;)

LoudLou
10-26-2003, 01:48 PM
Breaking up is hard. I'm sorry. I read your profile and you play guitar? Write about it. Some of the best songs ever written have been written about heartache.... Oh, and don't forget the Kleenex and chocolate... lot's of "Comfort Food". It WILL get better.

Moose
10-26-2003, 01:54 PM
Just keep smiling, sweetie. :) Laugh, hang out with your friends....believe me, he's the only one missing out. He's your first boyfriend? Psh, dun worry 'bout it. ;) As Kay said, there are plenty of fish in the sea. No one ever keeps the first one they reel in, right? You're young, you have your whole life ahead of you.....don't let one small setback bring you down.

And if you still don't feel better, just remember.....you'll always have all of us at PT ready to offer you a shoulder to cry on or someone to laugh with. :)

rg_girlca
10-26-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by carole
When a relationship breaks up , it hurts, no matter how old you are, and at the time you feel so bad, that nothing else seems to matter, but in time you will feel happy again, and no doubt meet another cute guy, but I know its painful, I think a lot of us have all been where you are right now, so BIG HUGS TO YOU, and dry those tears soon, and SMILE sweetie, life is still good, just does not seem so at the moment.:)

Very good advice Carole.

Ticosmyham, take one day at a time. It does get easier.
All the best to you.

Uabassoon
10-26-2003, 02:37 PM
I recommend lots of Ben and Jerry's ice cream!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-26-2003, 02:58 PM
What I did when I broke up with Eric:

Sad movies
Sad songs
And I basically just sat in my bed and cried... lol.

I'm really pathetic.

ticosmyham
10-26-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by LoudLou
Breaking up is hard. I'm sorry. I read your profile and you play guitar? Write about it. Some of the best songs ever written have been written about heartache.... Oh, and don't forget the Kleenex and chocolate... lot's of "Comfort Food". It WILL get better.

i've written like 3 songs so far....it seems to be working..they're somewhat evil lol but it seems to be working